• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Happy Thanksgiving.

Be sure to think about what you're thankful today, even if you don't celebrate it.

Oh, and eat some sugar.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Happy Thanksgiving.

Be sure to think about what you're thankful today, even if you don't celebrate it.

Oh, and eat some sugar.
With my life, I have nothing to be thankful for seeing how my family is getting killed everyday and I live with a "mom' that jokes "your rabbit fell out the window and died"

I guess there is food
Thank god- damn false alarm, the crappy meme is still on youtube

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Can someone tell me why I dreamed about the movie the Ring and more so why unlike the movie, the dream was actually legitimately terrifying.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You were probably dreaming about the original Japanese version.
See even that isn't all that terrifying to me.

But like the little Asian Ghost girl was acting uncharacteristically like herself in this dream. She came out of the TV and I was one of two girls who I guess had watched the tape the same day and we didn't believe it was real or what not? And she like was basically grabbing my friend by her hair and smashing her face into her pillow, and I apparently screamed and I got woken up after she jumped on me next.

It was very bizarre.

Especially considering I've watched neither version recently.

D

Deleted member

Forgot to post my thoughts about the new Generations episode.

I didn't expect they'd release it two days early.

I guess I'm among the minority that enjoyed this episode. The action was really good especially when Drayden vs the Grunts took place. I even felt a pretty strong sense of danger with the Purloins attacking buildings and the Plasma Frigate looming over the city like that.

Colress was rather out of character indeed. He was portrayed too much like a villain, much like his portrayal in the Best Wishes anime.

The final scene was pretty disturbing though, namely because you actually see the multitudes of people frozen to death from the freeze blast.

Looking forward to next week's episode because it will likely be the N and Ghetsis one we've all been expecting.
One thing I recently noticed is that Colress is always depicted more villainous in adaptations
The anime did it, the manga did it and now Generations did it
Like, in the games he wasn't even part of Team Plasma until Ghetsis asked him to oversee Kyurem at the end of the game and even then he still helped you to deal with Neo Plasma
Merciless is a cute gimmick ability, but its on the wrong Pokémon
No, it's in the right Pokemon
Its stats were balanced around the Ability, if it were given to any other Poison Pokemon, the results would be far too broken
It's the same thing with Araquanid, Water Bubble is a great ability but works because its Atk isn't high enough so that double Water STAB doesn't break the game in half
Hey guys, how are you?
I just want to say that I have like 30 adamant Stufful with Ice Punch, some have Fluffy and some Klutz, but you can just breed it.

Also yeah, Ice Punch, I made an extremely long, hard and annoying process with Smeargle, SOS and Crabominable.
Help me.

So yeah, if you want one, tag me here. (please give me something rare :c, the gamefaqs people are giving me things that I don't really want... well, you guys are cool, so I will still give you one if you really want a Stufful).

Hey! I also found a Shiny Psyduck!
Also, shiny Spinda and Smeargle.
Just in the wild, not with the weird SOS thing.

I had 0 shinies before this game and now I have 3 without even trying XD

I would throw those 3 away for just 1 Shiny Stufful.
I'd love a Stufful, it can even be Klutz since I just need it for Pokedex completion but I ain't running through grass for a 5% chance of a Pokemon I'm not even gonna use
I have a bunch of Pokemon in my box and may even breed some for you if you want a certain nature and/or ability, though I wouldn't be able to do it right now

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
One thing I recently noticed is that Colress is always depicted more villainous in adaptations
The anime did it, the manga did it and now Generations did it
Like, in the games he wasn't even part of Team Plasma until Ghetsis asked him to oversee Kyurem at the end of the game and even then he still helped you to deal with Neo Plasma

Its stats were balanced around the Ability, if it were given to any other Poison Pokemon, the results would be far too broken
It's the same thing with Araquanid, Water Bubble is a great ability but works because its Atk isn't high enough so that double Water STAB doesn't break the game in half

I'd love a Stufful, it can even be Klutz since I just need it for Pokedex completion but I ain't running through grass for a 5% chance of a Pokemon I'm not even gonna use
I have a bunch of Pokemon in my box and may even breed some for you if you want a certain nature and/or ability, though I wouldn't be able to do it right now
So Colress is basically genius King Dedede in terms of how writers treat him?

. . .Wait, no, King Dedede is already a genius if he can make that hammer and those badges.

So Colress is basically scientist King Dedede in terms of how writers treat him?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
>Pokeymon

Methinks you aren't sure how to pronounce that quite right, Macys news announcers.

. . .Darnit, they pulled Sonic from the lineup. The one year I actually get to watch, and half the reason I'm watching isn't even there anymore. :urg:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Even if it was balanced around Merciless, that doesn't change the fact its unviable on Toxapex. Its still offensively weak, its still needs to Poison , and it needs an answer against Steel, Poison and Immunity. That's why Regenerator is better; it takes full use of the true potential of this Pokémon rather then pretending its something its not, and Merciless does just that.

D

Deleted member

Even if it was balanced around Merciless, that doesn't change the fact its unviable on Toxapex. Its still offensively weak, its still needs to Poison , and it needs an answer against Steel, Poison and Immunity. That's why Regenerator is better; it takes full use of the true potential of this Pokémon rather then pretending its something its not, and Merciless does just that.
It still can't Toxic Stall those same Pokemon so I don't see your point, and it's not like just stalling without constant damage would do you any good
Crits are not only added power, they ignore stat changes so Toxapex can easily break through walls
You may even try to Burn with Scald but Pokemon like Tentacruel don't really care now that the damage has been nerfed and they aren't gonna use their Atk stat anyways

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Come on Tapu Koko, it's my birthday, won't you be a good Tiki and get in the ball for me?
*Breaks out of it at Red health again and criticals Vikavolt*
Well screw you too...

Just started my legendary hunt, I've been jumping around between getting the UBs and the Tapus since I figured it'd be a good idea to jump around the same island rather then skip around the region to finish the UB sidequest. So far I got Nihilego and Buzzwole, both with natures I was looking for, so I'm pretty pleased with them, the Beast Balls also made them pretty easy to get due to the high catch rate they give, so a lot of the potential headache with catching them was mitigated. Shame the same can't be said of the Tapus, I'm not looking forward to the rest if they're this stubborn...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Come on Tapu Koko, it's my birthday, won't you be a good Tiki and get in the ball for me?
*Breaks out of it at Red health again and criticals Vikavolt*
Well screw you too...

Just started my legendary hunt, I've been jumping around between getting the UBs and the Tapus since I figured it'd be a good idea to jump around the same island rather then skip around the region to finish the UB sidequest. So far I got Nihilego and Buzzwole, both with natures I was looking for, so I'm pretty pleased with them, the Beast Balls also made them pretty easy to get due to the high catch rate they give, so a lot of the potential headache with catching them was mitigated. Shame the same can't be said of the Tapus, I'm not looking forward to the rest if they're this stubborn...
Well, as a fair warning. . .

Tapu Bulu and Tapu Fini self-heal. Tapu Bulu actually heals EVERY grass type in the area and it wears off after a few turns since it's related to it's weather ability, so it's mostly fine, but Tapu Fini uses Aqua Ring and, well. . .

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It still can't Toxic Stall those same Pokemon so I don't see your point
Are you not familiar with team support? No Pokémon can stand against an army by itself. Toxapex is a tank that utilizes its stalling ability against those it can. Also Scald can burn targets for constant damage as well. So my point still stands.
and it's not like just stalling without constant damage would do you any good
Again, that's why you teach it Scald. Because it can soak attacks while waiting for the easy burn and Recover/Regen if needed.
Crits are not only added power, they ignore stat changes so Toxapex can easily break through walls
Care to post some notable calcs on what Crit Venshock on Poisoned is? If not, please quit making **** up. I know for a fact most walls can soak a Crit Venoshock, even when poisoned, on that pitiful Sp.Attack base. It might hurt, but they'll likely kill you before you kill them.
You may even try to Burn with Scald but Pokemon like Tentacruel don't really care now that the damage has been nerfed and they aren't gonna use their Atk stat anyways
The burn still does damage, which wasn't nerfed. Toxapex's bulk, combined with Recover and Regen, can easily stall out most, Tentacruel being a rare acception. Which once again, that's what Team Support is for.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yo!, I thought this SOS chaining thing was hard.
View attachment 121311
Is not hard, but sure it is annoying.
I did a chain of +50 to grind Sp. Atk. EVs that ended when the original Psyduck knocking itself out with Struggle (lul). Then I started a second one and boom! a blue duck appeared after a chain of 7.
You lucky Duck! I've chained like 7 different pokemon into the 400s and got nothing I only have cubone from this method. I just want one more shiny for my team, but this method keeps failing me. Currently hoping I can get shiny mudbray with it, but I have had no luck so far.
Hey guys, how are you?
I just want to say that I have like 30 adamant Stufful with Ice Punch, some have Fluffy and some Klutz, but you can just breed it.

Also yeah, Ice Punch, I made an extremely long, hard and annoying process with Smeargle, SOS and Crabominable.
Help me.

So yeah, if you want one, tag me here. (please give me something rare :c, the gamefaqs people are giving me things that I don't really want... well, you guys are cool, so I will still give you one if you really want a Stufful).

Hey! I also found a Shiny Psyduck!
Also, shiny Spinda and Smeargle.
Just in the wild, not with the weird SOS thing.

I had 0 shinies before this game and now I have 3 without even trying XD

I would throw those 3 away for just 1 Shiny Stufful.
Again you lucky duck! Are you breeding them competitively?

And give me some of that luck please...

"You came to the wrong neighborhood ************"

I questioned how this house was still standing with this. Ironic one gives you a revive.

And Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It saddens me we are having gross turkey instead of ham today
That's one regard in which we're total opposites.

I tend to be at least accepting of turkey's mild, dry flavor, while I can't stand ham.

Sides are infinitely better than both, though. I had one piece of turkey and mostly stuffed myself on everything else just now. Had a second serving of the mashed potatoes, it's been a while since I've had ones that good.

D

Deleted member

I tend to be at least accepting of turkey's mild, dry flavor, while I can't stand ham.

Sides are infinitely better than both, though. I had one piece of turkey and mostly stuffed myself on everything else just now. Had a second serving of the mashed potatoes, it's been a while since I've had ones that good.
I'm the opposite of both of you. :p All I eat is the turkey and ham, I don't like anything else.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I have a **** load of Brave Exeggcute with Harvest but they all have different Speeds. I'm keeping the one with the lowest Speed and bottle capping the other stats.

Just to make sure. Anyone got a Pokémon of the Grass Breed Group with 0 Speed IVs? If so, please let me know. ESPECIALLY if its a Ditto which would make my life a lot easier.

D

Deleted member

Are you not familiar with team support? No Pokémon can stand against an army by itself. Toxapex is a tank that utilizes its stalling ability against those it can. Also Scald can burn targets for constant damage as well. So my point still stands.

Again, that's why you teach it Scald. Because it can soak attacks while waiting for the easy burn and Recover/Regen if needed.

Care to post some notable calcs on what Crit Venshock on Poisoned is? If not, please quit making **** up. I know for a fact most walls can soak a Crit Venoshock, even when poisoned, on that pitiful Sp.Attack base. It might hurt, but they'll likely kill you before you kill them.

The burn still does damage, which wasn't nerfed. Toxapex's bulk, combined with Recover and Regen, can easily stall out most, Tentacruel being a rare acception. Which once again, that's what Team Support is for.
The advantage Merciless Toxapex has is ignoring stat boosts with crits
And of course I'm familiar with team support, that's why I don't get your point of it "not being able to poison Steel, Poison or Immunity Pokemon"

I'm not saying Regen Toxapex isn't good but that Merciless can be viaboe as well, looking at SE matchups:
252+ SpA Toxapex Venoshock (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable on a critical hit: 366-432 (92.8 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Toxapex Venoshock (130 BP) vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Goodra on a critical hit: 94-112 (24.6 - 29.3%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO after poison damage

I could try showing more but I'm not too familiar with competitive play to know what the most popular special walls are but the thing is: it can ignore potential Calm Minds and the poison damage adds to that, Toxic does even more(though Baneful Banker is better against physical attackers)
Its bulk is more than enough to survive enough hits with a 252 HP/252 Sp.Atk+ distribution, add a Life Orb or Leftovers to how you prefer its durability or power and you've got a 53 base Sp.Atk being able to 3HKO a Pokemon with 150 base Sp.Def

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Happy thanksgiving everyone......
I love waking up to parades and hour-long dog shows and visits to the less-liked side of the family........

So...

If you could add one more gym leader to a region, what type and Pokemon would they use?

• The type cannot be one the Gym Leaders or Elite Four of the region cover.
  • For Sun and Moon, Kahunas and Trial Captains count.
  • Be sure to say what their signature Pokemon is.
  • They have to use Pokemon native to their region.
For example, for Kanto, I would add a normal type Gym Leader.

They'd have Raticate, Tauros, Porygon and Snorlax and their signature Pokemon would be Snorlax.
My list (signature Pokemon in bold):
Kanto: Bug with Paras, Venonat and Butterfree
Johto: Ground with Gligar, Quagsire and Donphan
Hoenn: Poison with Gulpin, Golbat and Seviper
Sinnoh: Dark with Murkrow, Houndour, Skuntank and Weavile
Unova: Steel with Ferroseed, Magneton and Bisharp
Kalos: Ghost with Phantump, Haunter, Doublade and Gourgeist

Not doing Alola because I haven't played the game yet.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

after a while, I just wanted a normal simple everyday dinner on this day
Happy thanksgiving everyone......
I love waking up to parades and hour-long dog shows and visits to the less-liked side of the family........
Dont forget suffering from seasonal depression and being stuck in the kitchen making a large waste of a dinner. Im just sleeping in my room and if no one comes to get me, thank god

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm marinating the ham, which I don't know how that's going to turn out

Don't usually marinate it.

My family's not going to have a Thanksgiving today though. My grandfather is probably going to die today

His kidney's have failed. His skin is purple. The doctor's don't know how he's even still breathing.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Just beat the Po Town section and the Ula'ula Kahuna
"Altar of the Sunne"
Wait, I think you guys got the wrong game
Ula'ula Meadow is beautiful though and I could take pics of Baile Oricorio all day

Damn, seeing that place totally destroyed by Team Skull is kinda sad, also because that's the place they live in now

Guzma was a joke though lol, Emergency Exit is just so exploitable

Plumeria actually has some good plans, waiting for the heroes to leave and stealing the Pokemon when no one's around to stop her
Aether House needs some locks, man

And Gladion just battles me for no reason but it's cool to see he has a Sneasel

Nanu was disappointing, it's like they didn't think he'd need buildup or an actual NEW Dark Pokemon

Finally the big storming on the enemy base, good god the Aether themes are just so good

"I'm the Aether's Foundation last line of defense"
*only Pokemon gets one-shot by Shadow Claw*
Geez, the Employees were thougher than you

Backstory time of Null and Cosmog
Nebby is an UB and Null was Full and there were two others, uh...

Faba actually thought of something unlike previous villains who would just let you progress for no reason
He still easy tho

Wicke turns out to be a good guy and heals my Pokemon yay

Lol at the Grunt who knows he can't beat you and then...

****ing Guzma made Masquerain look intimidating(pun intended), ****** critted my Lycanroc with Bug Buzz so I had to heal-stall with Mimikyu until it missed and then switch onto Lycanroc for the OHKO Rock Slide
And how the **** is Pinsir faster than my Oricorio wtf

And then the Lusamine fight, oh man, that music was SO good, it wasn't hard but nost of my team had some advantage over her
But **** me if I didn't **** my pants when her Clefable used Metronome and... used Sky Attack... I'll take the free switch thank you very much

Guess this isn't over yet, now onto Poni Isla-- OH MY GOD LILLIE LOOKS SO CUTE

Yay, Master Ball, thanks Gladion

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just beat the Po Town section and the Ula'ula Kahuna
"Altar of the Sunne"
Wait, I think you guys got the wrong game
Ula'ula Meadow is beautiful though and I could take pics of Baile Oricorio all day

Damn, seeing that place totally destroyed by Team Skull is kinda sad, also because that's the place they live in now

Guzma was a joke though lol, Emergency Exit is just so exploitable

Plumeria actually has some good plans, waiting for the heroes to leave and stealing the Pokemon when no one's around to stop her
Aether House needs some locks, man

And Gladion just battles me for no reason but it's cool to see he has a Sneasel

Nanu was disappointing, it's like they didn't think he'd need buildup or an actual NEW Dark Pokemon

Finally the big storming on the enemy base, good god the Aether themes are just so good

"I'm the Aether's Foundation last line of defense"
*only Pokemon gets one-shot by Shadow Claw*
Geez, the Employees were thougher than you

Backstory time of Null and Cosmog
Nebby is an UB and Null was Full and there were two others, uh...

Faba actually thought of something unlike previous villains who would just let you progress for no reason
He still easy tho

Wicke turns out to be a good guy and heals my Pokemon yay

Lol at the Grunt who knows he can't beat you and then...

****ing Guzma made Masquerain look intimidating(pun intended), ****** critted my Lycanroc with Bug Buzz so I had to heal-stall with Mimikyu until it missed and then switch onto Lycanroc for the OHKO Rock Slide
And how the **** is Pinsir faster than my Oricorio wtf

And then the Lusamine fight, oh man, that music was SO good, it wasn't hard but nost of my team had some advantage over her
But **** me if I didn't **** my pants when her Clefable used Metronome and... used Sky Attack... I'll take the free switch thank you very much

Guess this isn't over yet, now onto Poni Isla-- OH MY GOD LILLIE LOOKS SO CUTE

Yay, Master Ball, thanks Gladion
I think his point is that he's just all talk, and is actually a joke

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My family's not going to have a Thanksgiving today though. My grandfather is probably going to die today

His kidney's have failed. His skin is purple. The doctor's don't know how he's even still breathing.
Really sorry to hear that. I'm here for you if you need it. I hope all goes well, despite the odds.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Back again with another Pokemon Sun update. The plot has been delivering just like I expected.

Current team:

Azura: Level 57

Toucan Sam: Level 55

Puka: Level 55

Selkie: Level 55

Mata Hari: Level 55

Urlacher: Level 55​

Upon arriving at Poni Canyon, I was surprised that I had to fight Hapu right away. Thankfully, I saved right before it. Her battle took two attempts, though I didn't lose the first attempt; it's just that it got pretty difficult with her Mudsdale. With the second attempt, things went a lot smoother. Urlacher got the OHKO on her Alola Dugtrio with Close Combat. When Mudsdale came out, I tried to use Solar Blade to KO it, remembering when I lowered its HP to yellow using Leaf Blade in the first attempt; sadly, I forgot that Leaf Blade attack from the first attempt was due to a critical hit. Mudsdale lives with about half health, still at green. It then used its Z-move to KO Mata Hari. I switched into Azura and used Oceanic Operatta to KO it. Yep, I should've just switched into Azura and did that earlier rather than attempt to use Mata Hari.

The following two Pokemon were easier to handle. Hapu's Flygon went down to a single Moonblast. With Gastrodon, I left Urlacher out to restore Mata Hari. Once she was ready, she came back to deal with Gastrodon. It took several Leaf Blades, but Mata Hari pulled through really well.

So now we were off to explore the canyon, and I gotta say, I loved this part. The music was really catchy, the trainers were challenging, it made you utilize all of the Poke Ride pagers, and there were great story moments throughout. Lillie was great in this part. I liked the scene when she completed her "trial" by crossing the bridge with the Murkrow. I thought it made a great parallel to an earlier scene in the game where there were Spearows on the bridge, but instead of reacting with fear, Lillie took on the bridge with confidence. She also felt like a good traveling partner.

Also, am I the only one that was reading Trial Captain Mina in Setsuna's (from Fire Emblem Fates) voice? I mean, both have the same casual face expressions, look very mellow, and have a very mellow way of talking. The only difference is that Mina doesn't find herself in traps often.

The Dragon Trial was really easy though. Azura curb-stomped every Dragon in her way. Being a Fairy-type does wonders, especially when you're up against something that has a quadruple weakness to Fairies.

We arrive at the altar and we begin the ceremony. The cutscene was awesome. That portal opening was epic, and Solgaleo looked astounding from beginning to end. I also liked how it enters the Ultra Space: it first creates an orange beam, than starts running within it as the player character and Lillie ride on its back. Felt like something you'd see in Fairy-tales

And we arrive at the Ultra Space. The music and the background were creepy. Guzman was also chilling on atop one of those... er... flower cliffs?... and gave us a few words about the situation. In fact, he has some really great dialogue in this scene. Not only is this scene where the famous "Y'all are stupid" quote is found, but he also talks about how he experienced fear for the first time when one of the Nihilego possessed him after he tried to catch one of them. He also comments, "That lady... she's on another level. She's way far gone. She lost her mind over these Ultra Beasts." Even Guzma knows how insane Lusamine has become.

Lillie finally confronts Lusamine, and what follows has to be my favorite conversation in any main series Pokemon game. Why? Because we continue to see how crazy Lusamine is and Lillie coming up with the most logical counter-arguments to all of her mother's claims. This cutscene also marks the peak of Lillie's character development because she confronts her mother with true confidence, bravery, and even anger.

Here were some of the highlights of this conversation:

Lusamine's obsession:

I should also add Lusamine doesn't care about Guzma's well-being when he is the Ultra Space. Lillie asks her if she cares what happens to him, but Lusamine responds, "Just leave."

Lillie highlights Lusamine's selfishness:

Lillie points out the flaws in her mother's logic:

Give this girl the greatest of all awards! Look at our precious cinnamon roll standing up for herself like that! You can really see how much she's grown through her facial expression and words.

Lusamine trying to counter her daughter's points:

Lusamine trying to silence her daughter:

Lusamine, you can't expect children to be completely submissive to parents. If they did that, they would never get a chance to learn, grow, and develop.

And calling Lillie ugly? I think Lillie is the direct opposite of ugly.

Lusamine than lets herself become possessed by Nihilego, turning into Mother Beast Lusamine. The music was pretty good. It fits the atmosphere of a cataclysmic battle in an alternate dimension pretty well. The theme isn't as good as the initial Lusamine theme, but it delivers.

The battle went better than the first time. Mata Hari managed to poison Clefable, and Lusamine never bothered to switch it out (not to mention Clefable got unlucky with Metronome again, this time using Magic Room). Next came her Mismagius, and I was smarter this time by using Crunch from the get-go and then following up with a Accelrock to finish it off. Turns out Mismagius is surprisingly faster than Selkie though. Her Lilligant came next, but it went down to a single Drill Peck from Toucan Sam. Her Milotic came after. Unlike last time, it survived a single Gigavolt Havoc, but Puka used Spark to take it out after. Finally, there was her Bewear, which I weakened with Urlacher and then switched into Azura to finish the job with Moonblast.

A cutscene plays where Lusamine tries to deliver one final attack against Lillie and I, but Lillie manages to call Solgaleo forth to attack her, causing Lusamine and Nihilego to separate. What follows is a really touching scene of Lillie rushing to her mother to check if she's OK. Lusamine is barely conscious and moves her hand. She gives Lillie a gentle touch on the lips and says "When di you... start becoming beautiful" before passing out. It felt as if Lusamine was regaining her composure.

The Nihilego try to attack again, but Solgaleo lets everyone escape. Everyone returns to the altar where Hapu is waiting. Hapu instructs Guzma to accompany Lusamine as she is being carried away. Lillie decides that Solgaleo should be caught by my hands because it wants to continue traveling on adventures. Catching the Pokemon wasn't too difficult. It KOd Azura with a Sunsteel Strike, but I weakened it enough to catch it with a Dusk Ball.

Lillie departs to tend with her mother while giving Solgaleo some parting words in another touching scene. A short while later, Nanu was revealed to be watching the event the entire time, and he tells me about the Pokemon League and brings me there.

Upon arrival, I'm confronted by Gladion for one final battle with him. It was pretty straightforward, even if his team was around the same levels as my team. Selkie handled Golbat with ease, Urlacher OHKO'd his Lucario and Weavile, while Toucan Sam knocked out Silvally in two hits.

Gladion mentions that now he no longer has to worry about fighting to make Null stronger, he can finally see my potential as a trainer. He also explains Lillie is back at the foundation with her mother, and he relayed the message from her that she thinks I'm "the best Pokemon Trainer out there." Yeah, she's definitely in love. Gladion departs, saying that he looks forward to a future battle.

Mount Lanakila has some really good music. At the very end, Hau challenged me to one final battle. This battle went better than last time, especially when his Alola Raichu missed the Focus Blast so that I could safely use Stone Edge for the kill. After that, I took some to grind my team until they were at least Level 55.

Only thing left to do is challenge the Elite Four! The final ride is about to begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom