• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Darnit, I kept skipping areas so I think I missed this. Where's this at?
In one of the houses on Route 2.
Going there post game will unlock something extra.

EDIT: Oh and don't forget to talk to the mum in the back for a TM.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So...

If you could add one more gym leader to a region, what type and Pokemon would they use?

• The type cannot be one the Gym Leaders or Elite Four of the region cover.
  • For Sun and Moon, Kahunas and Trial Captains count.
  • Be sure to say what their signature Pokemon is.
  • They have to use Pokemon native to their region.
For example, for Kanto, I would add a normal type Gym Leader.

They'd have Raticate, Tauros, Porygon and Snorlax and their signature Pokemon would be Snorlax.
Kanto: Fairy with Jigglypuff, Mr. Mime, and Clefable as his ace.
Johto: Ground with Gligar, Quagsire, Graveler, and Donphan as her ace.
Hoenn: Poison with Roselia, Tentacruel, Dustox, and Swalot as his ace.
Sinnoh: Dark with Skuntank, Drapion, Sneasel, and Spiritomb as her ace.
Unova: Rock with Boldore, Archeops, Crustle, and Carracosta as her ace.
Kalos: Ghost with Doublade, Pumpkaboo, and Trevenant as his ace.
Alola: Poison Trial Captain with Salazzle, Alolan Muk, and Toxapex as her ace.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Post-Game Spoilers
So I was just randomly exploring the islands after encountering Red and Blue on Poni Island and getting bodied....

And I happened upon Looker in one of the motels on Akala Island...He was with a character named Anabel who's his boss apparently...turns out Looker was the creepy old man I met in front of my house after beating the game...
And this may be silly but I already love her simply because she's using a bunch of my favoruite Pokemon on her team like Weavile, Alakazam, and Salamence...:p

but I guess now I'm going to be hunting UB's, was wondering when we were getting around to this since after completing the game I had no other indication of what's going on with them...I only hope this post-game will turn out to be a lot more interesting than it did in X/Y and the Delta Episode (before facing Wallace which was all pretty frikkin annoying up to then)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Post-Game Spoilers
So I was just randomly exploring the islands after encountering Red and Blue on Poni Island and getting bodied....

And I happened upon Looker in one of the motels on Akala Island...He was with a character named Anabel who's his boss apparently...turns out Looker was the creepy old man I met in front of my house after beating the game...
And this may be silly but I already love her simply because she's using a bunch of my favoruite Pokemon on her team like Weavile, Alakazam, and Salamence...:p

but I guess now I'm going to be hunting UB's, was wondering when we were getting around to this since after completing the game I had no other indication of what's going on with them...I only hope this post-game will turn out to be a lot more interesting than it did in X/Y and the Delta Episode (before facing Wallace which was all pretty frikkin annoying up to then)
You know his boss is from an older game right?

:p

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I just finished Volume 17 of the Nisekoi manga, this month's new volume.
and then I see at the end that Volume 18 is the very last volume.
The next time I read Nisekoi it will be ending........
*cries*
I don't want this to end....it's been such a fun ride......

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
You know his boss is from an older game right?

:p
After looking it up it appears she's from the Battle Frontier from Emerald...

I only played Ruby when I was young...attempted to play Emerald once on an Emulator, which didn't turn out well since the game crashed after beating the Champion so no post-game...

Not that I never heard of Anabel, just vastly unfamiliar with her and forgot she exists, so I guess you can understand my ignorance...

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So uhh.. does
Colress or Grimsley show up ever after their random appearance?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Aww man I would've loved to know more about why they're there. Especially
Grimsley
who looks like they've seen better days.
After striking out with Shantaul; he failed hooking up with her Alolan Sister (Wicke).
Losing at two girls of the same family can strike any man of bravado as gravely as a battle scar.
I'm not actually serious about any of that.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well then....
After visiting the Aether Paradise again it was rather interesting reading about AF's experiments creating Type: Null, initially called Type: Full...My guess is they wanted it to have all 18 types simultaneously (fun fact it's only weakness would've been Rock) but failed in that regard...

Then I met with Gladion and he gives me a Type:Null (according to the papers I read there's one other Type: Null being held somewhere since it said there were three subjects and of course Gladion has one of them)

Was surprised Gladion just straight up gave me all 18 Disk Drives for it's typings, though it makes sense since it would be a huge pain in the ass to go out and find all 18 randomly all over the place, similar to the Arceus plates...

Guess it's official that I'm a beast hunter now

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
After striking out with Shantaul; he failed hooking up with her Alolan Sister (Wicke).
Losing at two girls of the same family can strike any man of bravado as gravely as a battle scar.
I'm not actually serious about any of that.
I imagine
his gambling addiction probably got the best of him.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
One of the Pokemon I got off the GTS has Pokerus.
Time to start spreading it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So all the returning pokemon characters I've decided for my game are Courtney, Lucy, Glacia, Blaine, Morty, Plumeria and Looker.

Only Glacia I really thought up for my game her story. She's the mother of my character(Harvey) and @Kabuto Gwen character(Chloe). Our characters are also twins. :p

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So uhh.. does
Colress or Grimsley show up ever after their random appearance?
Pretty sure I ran into Colress again and got another item from him post game. Also saw on YouTube he's a Battle Tree opponent.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
So all the returning pokemon characters I've decided for my game are Courtney, Glacia, Blaine, Morty, Plumeria and Looker.

Only Glacia I really thought up for my game her story. She's the mother of my character(Harvey) and @Kabuto Gwen character(Chloe). Our characters are also twins. :p
Interesting choices. Glacia seems like a cool mom (pun intended :D)
How's Robo-bae doing after the fall of Magma?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yay. Powersaves codes are up. Time to create some shinies. :p
I think sun and moon are the only games I dont feel like using powersaves on tbh
Alright, saw this on Reddit. I'm of the mind that one should be prepared for anything when it comes to Smash, so I'll go ahead and ask how you all would react to this as a just in case thing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw..._in_the_smash_switch/?st=ivvtyz0r&sh=042d433c
Id be ok with it

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So all the returning pokemon characters I've decided for my game are Courtney, Lucy, Glacia, Blaine, Morty, Plumeria and Looker.

Fun fact: though not officially confirmed, Lucy MIGHT have had a cameo in ORAS.

At the Battle Maison, there's an agent that says they finally finished scouting for the Pike Queen of the upcoming Battle Frontier. On the same floor as that agent is a delinquent girl trainer class who, when spoken too, says that you have immense power and that her Seviper shivered.

It's quite possible that was Lucy, considering the agent, and that Seviper is her signature Pokémon. :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
D

Deleted member

Alright, saw this on Reddit. I'm of the mind that one should be prepared for anything when it comes to Smash, so I'll go ahead and ask how you all would react to this as a just in case thing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw..._in_the_smash_switch/?st=ivvtyz0r&sh=042d433c
I don't know the exact chances of the Rabbids being playable in Smash, but if they did make it in, I would feel indifferent. While I respect Rayman, the Rabbids have always been just there to me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Wouldn't be bothered, to be perfectly honest. As long as they had a cool moveset. I mean, they are pretty infamous along with Rayman himself. I outright wanted them as Mii costumes for DLC.

I think Rayman would be better as playable overall(being the main character), but at least one would have a better amiibo design, namely not a ton of yellow pieces holding the parts up.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

I will literally drop this game of that happens

Especially when you have a character people want more that's from Ubisoft.

****, you don't need Smash to sell. I hate the mindset of something needs to be in Smash to sell

Don't believe me, ask Splatoon. It didn't need Smash, Smash more than likely needs the Inklings.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For some reason even though I used a grimer throughout Sun, I kinda want to use one in Moon too

One of my favorite pokemon this gen (Muk anyway)

I like how when you pet muk's belly, he looks like he's getting a little TOO much pleasure from it

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I will literally drop this game of that happens

Especially when you have a character people want more that's from Ubisoft.

****, you don't need Smash to sell. I hate the mindset of something needs to be in Smash to sell

Don't believe me, ask Splatoon. It didn't need Smash, Smash more than likely needs the Inklings.
I doubt I'd drop Smash over them, but I completely agree with your opinion about the whole "Smash needs to market *x*" thing.

I see so many characters people ask for "because Smash will make it sell," and it always bothers me a little bit. Smash isn't a magical genie that can grant all your wishes. Some series ended up gaining popularity from it, but just as many just had their characters become popular in Smash itself while their series had no effect. Or in some cases weren't as popular and just got scapegoated for not being the "right" character.

And yeah, I'd assume Inklings would be one of the handful of characters they could actually still use to convince people to pick up another copy of Smash.

Besides, people already know about the Rabbids anyway. They're pretty well known, they don't really need to be marketed. As divisive as they are to gamers, considering they have a TV show being in a crossover with Mario will probably market itself to some kids.

Now, I'm gonna look at how they ranked on that one SourceGaming poll just for fun. Bayo's at 27 for reference, and what with limited reference pools and the poll being numbered by the strength of desire for characters overall rather than who was the most top ranked, it's not the most reliable guessing method, but Rayman's at 15 and Rabbids are aaaat. . .somewhere in the realm of literal nonexistence, it's not there. SourceGaming's calculations apparently didn't even involve Rabbid, and Corrin's there prior to the final two characters actually being revealed over at 116. And Cloud's at 155. For reference, mid-hundreds is worse than most characters people actually voice caring about, but there were several hundred entries that fared worse than that. Rabbids just aren't even there.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

I don't think they're going to add Rabbids just to advertise an upcoming game, if we got anyone from Ubisoft, it'd be the fan-favorite that already happens to be a trophy in Smash 4. Hell, Sakurai wouldn't even put Pac-Man in if it wasn't his classic design, and Mega Man sure as hell isn't advertising anything. And then we have Cloud, unless the FF7 remake is coming to the Switch and has been for a while now, then he'd be advertising the PS4, in a Nintendo game. Can't forget Snake, either...

That is, if this Rabbids game is even a real thing that's happening.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I don't think they're going to add Rabbids just to advertise an upcoming game, if we got anyone from Ubisoft, it'd be the fan-favorite that already happens to be a trophy in Smash 4. Hell, Sakurai wouldn't even put Pac-Man in if it wasn't his classic design, and Mega Man sure as hell isn't advertising anything. And then we have Cloud, unless the FF7 remake is coming to the Switch and has been for a while now, then he'd be advertising the PS4, in *a Nintendo game*. Can't forget Snake, either...

That is, if this Rabbids game is even a real thing that's happening.
Is it wrong that I read this post in Rayman's voice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom