• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
And it's official

I'm gonna try to sleep it off.

Gotta work tomorrow

D

Deleted member

THE EMPEROR PROTECTS!!
462.jpg

THE MAN HAS DEFIED ALL ODDS AND DONE THE IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Just remember that you have elected a president, not a king.

He can't do whatever he wants. The checks and balances are there specifically for these situations.
On the contrary, it happens that the branches have not checked or balanced each-other. When one looks at the history of expansion in interpreting the constitution to give more powers to all branches of government, it looks more like they've colluded.

It's much easier to keep one man accountable than a thousand unelected bureaucracies and hundreds of elected sociopaths and demagogues. That's what representative democracy actively promotes: sociopaths and demagogues who want to rule other people's lives. Democracy has its share of flaws, as do all statist regimes that rely on the tyranny of the majority.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, that's too bad. But that's how it went. Now to figure out how to perfectly change the topic title, although Opossum Opossum could take care of that better, mayhaps.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
May as well ask again, but does anyone here have a funny moment from a slice of life anime, favorably one I have yet to encounter? I want to get rid of my depression before I go to bed and I believe that would be the best way to do it at this time.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well a certain Simpsons episode just got a whole lot scarier.
From everything I've seen today, Trump's victory is going to be a loss/ is already being a loss for everyone else. Whether things will be as people fear, idk. Hopefully things will change when Kanye runs :/
Oh and interest in "moving to Australia jumped" significantly today as well as the Canadian immigration system crashing.

In other news, the NES Classic Edition releases in Australia tomorrow. I know EB Games and JB Hi-Fi are sold out but Target is meant to have stock and I think Big W too. I'm gonna head down early to try and secure one before they sell out.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Stock market crashed.

I mean that happens on a lot of elections but yeesh this one was bad.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
May as well ask again, but does anyone here have a funny moment from a slice of life anime, favorably one I have yet to encounter? I want to get rid of my depression before I go to bed and I believe that would be the best way to do it at this time.
I do not, my apologies. I don't watch that many slice of life anime.
I do however read the Nisekoi manga, and apparently that has an anime adaptation. So here you go, first thign I found. Hope this helps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMWKuu2q9DM

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well a certain Simpsons episode just got a whole lot scarier.
From everything I've seen today, Trump's victory is going to be a loss/ is already being a loss for everyone else. Whether things will be as people fear, idk. Hopefully things will change when Kanye runs :/
Oh and interest in "moving to Australia jumped" significantly today as well as the Canadian immigration system crashing.

In other news, the NES Classic Edition releases in Australia tomorrow. I know EB Games and JB Hi-Fi are sold out but Target is meant to have stock and I think Big W too. I'm gonna head down early to try and secure one before they sell out.
Crikey, when since the Americans suddenly cared about our country all of a sudden? That's if they want to enjoy vegemite and other traditional Aussie cuisine. :p

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I do not, my apologies. I don't watch that many slice of life anime.
I do however read the Nisekoi manga, and apparently that has an anime adaptation. So here you go, first thign I found. Hope this helps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMWKuu2q9DM
Thanks, Dio. This helped out! Had anything else beyond the anime adaption of Nisekoi (like other manga that might have an anime based off of them that is slice of life) or is that all you've seen?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I seriously do think people are overreacting quite a bit though.

All over Facebook, people are damning the nation and joking about suicide.

I mean, c'mon people.

D

Deleted member

I mean, c'mon people.
Yeah, same. I think if people tried to find some light in things, things would probably be better. It's when people give up, that's when things go bad.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Crikey, when since the Americans suddenly cared about our country all of a sudden? That's if they want to enjoy vegemite and other traditional Aussie cuisine. :p
Well there was that Ameristralia petition.
But yeah, when it comes to being unhappy with political decisions we seem to be quite popular as an escape destination.
Must have also happened in a previous election since I have seen posts about moving to Australia before only for us Aussies to joke about it. Mostly the jokes had to do with differences in political views, like our polar opposite view on gun control.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So someone on my feed retweeted *******
'Hey america, if you want to **** yourself even harder, visit us!'
NO WAY
Also, something interesting to note. Lots of people are genuinely scared about their lives in America now. This didn't happen before. That should say a lot

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I mean, c'mon people.
I know people on tumblr are already overreating, my gf is acting like its the end of the world and I already snapped on her
Pokeman always will be the winner anyway.
View attachment 120811
****, thanks for reminding me, the 18th is my original goal

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Also, something interesting to note. Lots of people are genuinely scared about their lives in America now. This didn't happen before. That should say a lot
The fearing for their lives is overreacting to the nth degree.

Trump has no power to do anything to them.

I'm just as nervous as anyone else.

But he can't touch us.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I should be going to bed.
I don't think the country will be destroyed and I doubt a wall will be built, but I do think the most immediate effects will be:

Health Care - Congress has tried over 60 times to repeal it only for Obama to block it. There is no true plan to replace it, at least not from Trump himself, bar a miracle like moderates channeling their inner Mitt Romney.

Supreme Court - We will most likely have an incomplete court until mid-late next year with the Republican's regaining their majority. Garland will most likely be canned.

Foreign Policy - Congress has little control over this. The TPP will most likely not go through (meh). Mexican relations will sour (they already fired the guy who invited Trump to speak) but how trade will be effected remains to be seen. Russia is weakening but this does secure them time to recover and help consolidate influence Ukraine, Syria, and Turkey. China is probably going to get a lot more aggressive. We might gain back influence in the Philippines however.

1st Amendment - Beyond interest in tightening laws governing the internet from Trump surrogates & Melania, Trump TV could be re-branded into a State TV.

NATO - The Non-Proliferation Treaty could weaken if Trump continues to not be interested in providing defense and result in our allies (ex. Turkey) looking into getting their own nuclear weapons.

Clinton - Depends on how messed up internally the FBI is. We could face a "finding a crime for the criminal" moment.

Civil Rights - Yep...

Climate Change - The Paris Agreement could break. We signed it, but without an enforcement mechanism we could back out and take other countries (China/India) with us or potentially face economic sanctions (IDK).
Thank you, this makes it quite easier to discuss things.

Health Care - As Polosi said, we should pass Obamacare to find out what's in it. Well, we've found out the full weight of the bureaucratic time bomb. I wish to spare you the boring detail, but with the proper interpretation of the CBO's and independent organization analyses suffices to say that Obamacare is a grossly inefficient use of money and mandates numerous new taxes. That aside, it solves absolutely nothing about what was wrong with the medical system before. To correct that, one must repeal not only ACA, but the COBRA omnibus, HIPAA, all parts of Medicare, and on and on and on back to the Blue Cross' deal with the devil for tax-free status in exchange for community ratings and further to the legislative monopoly granted to the AMA to create and license doctors. Only the free market's mechanism of pricing and incentives can hold back the tide of cronyist greed which clings to the state and its coercive powers. Big Pharma and health "insurance" companies cannot be brought down by more legislation, because it controls the revolving door.

Foreign Policy - God help us if the TPP passes. I think Trump will perceive it as a 'bad + unfair deal.' It imposes shadowy supra-national courts where companies can litigate against each other and the nations involved in the agreement, one specific relating to enforcing of a copy of the United State's oppressive intellectual property law regime on everyone and cross-nation.
Imagine if the Soviet Union won the cold war and they fomented regime change in Mexico or Canada. That's like what happened in Ukraine, which was once a pro-Russian regime aligned with the will of the people then overtaken by an oligarchic cabal who have western intelligence associations. We have our Munroe Doctrine, the Russians have theirs. Turkey is backing the FSA and shelling / fighting the Kurds in Syrian, and Russia wants stable and secure Assad. Russia is on the only reasonable right path to immediate security and the promotion of a relatively secular regime, namely Assad's, that will stop headchoppers from winning the government. That it promotes Russia's oil interests with Assad denying the pipeline to Europe is a happy bonus for them. To the contrary, if the United States stops meddling with Japan and removes our military bases there like we should (and like their people want), I am absolutely sure that they would soon resolve the island disputes they have with Russia and China.
And good riddance to empire!

1st Amendment - https://wikileaks.com/Assange-Statement-on-the-US-Election.html

NATO - The Non-Proliferation Treaty was already long broken: the United States had long not disposed of the weapons in a proper manner, and I rather think that MAD will make people take a step back and stop tryna build empires.

Climate Change - https://judithcurry.com/
Suffice this: the oceanic current cycles and sun cycles are far more effectual on the climate's ebb than any rationally modeled effect from anthropogenic interference. The systems baked in modeling are often straight up filled with incredible bias and assumptions and a complete lack of nuance. Climategate showed well enough how corrupt the establishment likely is. The politicization of science has resulted in the suppression of dissent and the building of vested interest establishments.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

But he can't touch us.
I don't think you're getting it. It's not that people are scared about Trump because of what he's said and done. People are scared that he got the majority vote, and how most, if not all his supporters have similar opinions. Give those people the rights to guns, then suddenly women, hispanics, black and LGBT people suddenly don't feel safe with all those people with guns

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't think you're getting it. It's not that people are scared about Trump because of what he's said and done. People are scared that he got the majority vote, and how most, if not all his supporters have similar opinions. Give those people the rights to guns, then suddenly women, hispanics, black and LGBT people suddenly don't feel safe with all those people with guns
Those people already had the rights to guns.

Those people already existed.

Trump being president isn't gonna make them go insane.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
This....

This is so shocking and just surreal. I can't believe a reality TV star is our Presidental Elect.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This....

This is so shocking and just surreal. I can't believe a reality TV star is our Presidental Elect.
People said the same with Reagan.

Though admittedly most people thought Reagan was a nice fellow even if they didn't like his politics.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I mean, c'mon people.
Tomorrow, I'm going to wake up and it's going to be a Mad Max wasteland world out there, and my Jeep will be suddenly transformed into a reinforced wasteland buggy.
Rome didn't fall in a day.
Thanks to fearmongering propaganda!
Just like when the Republicans fearmonger propagandized about Muslim terrorists or the inevitable rights-taking oppressive leftist regimes when democrats get elected.
The same tactic, used over and over, by both sides. It's sad.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
People said the same with Reagan.

Though admittedly most people thought Reagan was a nice fellow even if they didn't like his politics.
He was at least a politician with experience before becoming President though.

Also iirc he never talked about grabbing no ladies by the *****, which is kind of important.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

But he can't touch us.
I don't think it's so much "We're gonna be killed" but "Our lives are going to change so much for the worse". Listening to the political commentators (it was really the only thing on Australian TV) a lot of people have a lot to fear from Trump being president. Now I'm not saying they will necessarily come true (aside from global stock market crash which already seems to be happening) but the fear seems to much worse than from other elections. I think right now though, people need to realise Trump hasn't made any changes yet. Everything is just speculation or fear of what might happen.

In other election talk:
Something I noted is just how big an impact this election has had on Australia compared to previous ones. Australian foreign affairs minister Julie Bishop today said if Clinton won nothing changes for Australia. If Trump wins nothing is certain for Australia. Since I haven't seen a single comment saying Trump's changes will be good/neutral to fair trade and Australia's biggest concerns for trade are America and China, the America-Australia trade situation is very up in the air. Since China is well, China, trade with them is important but if things change for the worse for America's trade, Australia is more likely to stick to China.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He was at least a politician with experience before becoming President though.

Also iirc he never talked about grabbing no ladies by the *****, which is kind of important.
Oh I know. The two are very different for a multitude of reasons.

I was just saying, the similarity is there.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I know that people are trying to calm everyone down about this, and I DO see the good intentions. But I honestly can't agree when I see these
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Solvo is a lesbian btw
There was a problem fetching the tweet
This is ****ing horrifying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom