• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In other news...

Yesssssss!
Kamala Khan's getting a Marvel Pop figure, and with that, all my favorite Marvel characters have one. :p Minor achievements ahoy.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looking at the currently trending Pokémon images/art, any reason why Leaf is being treated non-canon? She was absent in HeartGold/SoulSilver and there's no welcoming evidence in Sun & Moon. I played as her in FireRed for Pete's sake!

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Looking at the currently trending Pokémon images/art, any reason why Leaf is being treated non-canon? She was absent in HeartGold/SoulSilver and there's no welcoming evidence in Sun & Moon. I played as her in FireRed for Pete's sake!
I'm started to notice that as well. A lot of Leaf fans on Tumblr are clearly upset that she didn't get to appear in Sun & Moon. Or wish she was able to get more respect.

And Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan what's with the poorly drawn Garfield in your avatar?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Because from the origin of the series; it was Red vs GREEN (ok Blue) and Ash vs Gary. Thus, with FR/LG, it's treated largely much of the same while Leaf is just an adaptation of the PokeSpecial Blue in a more "traditional" look.
Hell, if we go by this...
Only Dawn and Hilda are canon female protags, with Rosa being questionable.
Even Serena and May, despite their anime prescence, are bumped out.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm aware they are in the arcade version. But since the Wii-U is on the way out, I figured we'd see it on the Switch.

Sorry for the late reply.
Odds are we will. The DLC characters have yet to make an appearance or even a confirmation and they show little effort in keeping the Wii U's Pokken alive.

At least. This is my hope anyways.
I agree. Either all DLC is added at once when done, or we get a switch port.

I'm thinking Switch port, mostly because of that and the fact that Pokken is absent from Worlds next year, which is really strange. Perhaps an Switch version will show up instead?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Not sure what I can really say on the matter. The fact that a Mario Party game of all things flopped either means that people grew out of these games or handheld Mario Party titles were never that appealing.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/10/...ells-less-than-30000-units-in-its-first-week/
The latter and Nintendo's constantly "fixing" an unbroke forumla. What happened with Mario Party 8 to make them abandon the old ways? Were the focus groups like "Nyeh, complex!" and because focus groups are always right they killed Mario Party, Paper Mario and Sonic's 3D game-play?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, Opossum Opossum how about that Pokemon tournament?
Was actually gonna post about this at noon.

In short, unless people start signing up with their teammates before the day's end, the tournament is sadly, cancelled due to lack of participant interest. Literally no one sent me a PM with their teammates when the tourney was supposed to start yesterday. :/ Kind of a bummer for me.

D

Deleted member

HeartGold Update (For now at least, because I don't know how much more I'm gonna progress today; I need to grind each of my team members 5 more levels, and I don't know how long that's going to take, and after that, I'm gonna do a bunch of other stuff before fighting Red):
Team:
:157: Burnie
:169: Robin
:181: McFluff
:212: Slicer
:248: Jasper
:130: (Shiny) King Karp
Today I caught Lugia and Mewtwo.
Catching Lugia wasn't hard but I should've bought Dusk Balls before attempting to catch it, because I only needed 3 to catch Mewtwo.
So, here's a new to-list:
1. Grind each of the team members to lv 75 bc I don't feel like grinding them at all so I'll grind them so that they'll be the same level as Lance's Dragonite
2. Fight Clair and Lance in the Dragon's Den alongside Silver in the Dragon's Den
3. Re-Battle Silver in the Pokemon League
3. Re-Battle the Elite Four
5. Take a screenshot of my team in the Hall of Fame after winning
6. Fight Red
7. Finish this playthrough and the Pokemarathon in General
8. Wait patiently until my copy of Pokemon Sun arrives (Which should be around December 2nd according to Amazon)

D

Deleted member

Just saw the 2 new Generations episodes:
Geez, that invisible dinner scene was so screwed up ! O__e

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not sure what I can really say on the matter. The fact that a Mario Party game of all things flopped either means that people grew out of these games or handheld Mario Party titles were never that appealing.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/10/...ells-less-than-30000-units-in-its-first-week/
While it's neat they're innovating, some are still fans of the basic design. That means going around the board to collect stars, while playing crazy mini-games. After 6, they started to drop this formula, which didn't help. The controls and how to play the new mini-games, as well as small new features were fine. But completely changing the key goal per board doesn't work for all.

It is nice they are expanding the roster here and there, at least.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Geez, having more than two song on Midgar is really weird....
Not that I am complaining of course.

Chrono.

Okay, I think I might have just reached the worst part of Dragon Quest VII yet.

So at first you're lead to believe you just unlocked the Class system, so far so good, right? Wrong, because after choosing said classes for your characters, it turns out that the whole thing was a scam and you're immediately stripped of your spells and abilities and dumped into a prison.

So now, you gotta fight your way through this long ass chapter with a gimped party. Not just in skills, but in numbers too. Because your (arguably) strongest party member left the party for real during the last mini arc, so from a party of 4 you went to one of 3. So now you got a weakened party whose only way of offense is the regular Attack command and defensively can rely on items for healing.

On top of this, close by shops only sell crap gear, the monsters got a very noticeable upgrade from before, boasting AoE attacks and self healing. There's also multiple boss fights.

At least the story for this part has been interesting and that the reward in the longrun will be really worth it (the Class System), but man if this isn't a slog to go through.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Once Sun and Moon are out, I won't spoil myself on anything related to the game's story and I probably won't be around until my copy of Sun arrives.
I will, however, look at the Pokemon's stats and movepools.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Okay, I think I might have just reached the worst part of Dragon Quest VII yet.

So at first you're lead to believe you just unlocked the Class system, so far so good, right? Wrong, because after choosing said classes for your characters, it turns out that the whole thing was a scam and you're immediately stripped of your spells and abilities and dumped into a prison.

So now, you gotta fight your way through this long *** chapter with a gimped party. Not just in skills, but in numbers too. Because your (arguably) strongest party member left the party for real during the last mini arc, so from a party of 4 you went to one of 3. So now you got a weakened party whose only way of offense is the regular Attack command and defensively can rely on items for healing.

On top of this, close by shops only sell crap gear, the monsters got a very noticeable upgrade from before, boasting AoE attacks and self healing. There's also multiple boss fights.

At least the story for this part has been interesting and that the reward in the longrun will be really worth it (the Class System), but man if this isn't a slog to go through.
That sounds slow indeed.

Class system was there from pretty much the get go in DQ9 :p With extra classes you need to unlock which is pretty hard, at least my 12 year old self found.

D

Deleted member

I just watched the first episode of RWBY Vol.4, I guess I'm late to it but I kinda forgot about it lol
Thoughts
The qualitt has improved SIGNIFICANTLY, models look way cleaner and the animations are smoother
I love the redesigns, especially Ruby and she's as cute as always(though I do prefer her old clothes)
Aww man, Jaune's is... :^(

So we have our new villains and they are: "What the **** is that woman", Mister Moustache, Big Guy and "I guess it's overused and played very straight but I love Ax-Crazy characters"
Leg leg is still with us thankfully
Cinder has shown more emotions and personality in those 6 minutes than the entirety of her previous appearences
I hope Neo and Roman aren't really dead and come back later because they were literally the best characters in the series ans I want my husbando and waifu back

"The 7-minute generic-golem fight is 7 minutes too long" *ding*
Also, it almost feels like a completely different show the tone is so different and the plot seems to exist this time
I feel like they should have done this in Vol.2 or 3 because they spent too much time on pointless things back then

What is the time gap between this and Vol.3 again? And can anyone remind me what exactly happened because I seem to be forgetting everything besides Female Magneto getting killed by Cindy and Rose Quartz showing up and... freezing her, I guess? How did Cindy get out of there again? Events may be distorted tho
Also,
Screenshot_2016-10-29-14-20-23.png

EDIT: Also also, sign up for Opossum's Multi Battle Tag Team Pokemon High Life and Death Stakes Adrenaline-Packed World Tournament with Laser Beams you goddamn nerds
Find your partners and PM him your damn Friend Codes

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Interesting episodes of Generations.....kinda sad we only got episodes centered on the legendaries of hoenn....would have like to see Zinnia or May make an appearance.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Something's happening in South Korea:
https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/59z1le/breaking_korean_shadow_government_uncovered/
Some more mainstream links: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/10/29/south-korean-protesters-call-for-president-to-step-down.html
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...staff-members-to-resign-amid-worsening-crisis
Though they're lacking a lot, they have dat reputation.

tl;dr: the Korean president has been caught giving power to non-government people, the only one of which we know by name as Choi Soon-Sil who is a cult leader shaman lady. Some other people have been running the country, in short. A shadow-government, if you will.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Something's happening in South Korea:
https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/59z1le/breaking_korean_shadow_government_uncovered/
Some more mainstream links: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/10/29/south-korean-protesters-call-for-president-to-step-down.html
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...staff-members-to-resign-amid-worsening-crisis
Though they're lacking a lot, they have dat reputation.

tl;dr: the Korean president has been caught giving power to non-government people, the only one of which we know by name as Choi Soon-Sil who is a cult leader shaman lady. Some other people have been running the country, in short. A shadow-government, if you will.
Was actually about to post about this. Really interesting stuff.

InB4 "Illuminati confirmed" :p

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Was actually about to post about this. Really interesting stuff.

InB4 "Illuminati confirmed" :p
http://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_national/767405.html
archived of above link: https://archive.is/0TgFj
8 shadow ladies controlling the government.
My goodness, this is quite silly.
It should be instructive, though! If their government, then perhaps ours...! We have tons of unelected, near-permanent bureaucrats who have a lot more power than congressmen or presidents, after all.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
That Pokemon Generations Episode made me love Chansey.

It's so cute and unlike Wigglytuff, it's really useful in battle, I think I will use one.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I just watched the first episode of RWBY Vol.4, I guess I'm late to it but I kinda forgot about it lol
Thoughts
The qualitt has improved SIGNIFICANTLY, models look way cleaner and the animations are smoother
I love the redesigns, especially Ruby and she's as cute as always(though I do prefer her old clothes)
Aww man, Jaune's is... :^(

So we have our new villains and they are: "What the **** is that woman", Mister Moustache, Big Guy and "I guess it's overused and played very straight but I love Ax-Crazy characters"
Leg leg is still with us thankfully
Cinder has shown more emotions and personality in those 6 minutes than the entirety of her previous appearences
I hope Neo and Roman aren't really dead and come back later because they were literally the best characters in the series ans I want my husbando and waifu back

"The 7-minute generic-golem fight is 7 minutes too long" *ding*
Also, it almost feels like a completely different show the tone is so different and the plot seems to exist this time
I feel like they should have done this in Vol.2 or 3 because they spent too much time on pointless things back then

What is the time gap between this and Vol.3 again? And can anyone remind me what exactly happened because I seem to be forgetting everything besides Female Magneto getting killed by Cindy and Rose Quartz showing up and... freezing her, I guess? How did Cindy get out of there again? Events may be distorted tho
Also,
View attachment 120024

EDIT: Also also, sign up for Opossum's Multi Battle Tag Team Pokemon High Life and Death Stakes Adrenaline-Packed World Tournament with Laser Beams you goddamn nerds
Find your partners and PM him your damn Friend Codes
The woman is called Salem, she was at the last minute or two of End of the Beginning, and narrated Ruby Rose with Ozpin.
Axe-crazy? Are you referring to the guy Ruby fights in the theme sequence who had an axe on his arm?
Yeah, love how he and Em are horrified by the creation of Grimm. Expecting Em to leave for the good guy side.
The time gap is 6-8 months. Looking back, that feels a little too long. That implies that Tyrian's been looking for Spring for literal months, and that everyone else has been doing practically nothing for half a year.
White Fang and Grimm invaded Beacon, Yang loses arm, Blake runs away, pyrrha dies, Cinder gets hit be Ruby Ex Machina.
Qrow picked Ruby up from the tower, meaning Cinder was already gone. So she either still had some strength to run away, or was helped by the goons in her escape.
Also I can't be the only one who found that part of Ruby laughing to be very disturbing and unlike her.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
http://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_national/767405.html
8 shadow ladies controlling the government.
My goodness, this is quite silly.
It should be instructive, though! If their government, then perhaps ours...! We have tons of unelected, near-permanent bureaucrats who have a lot more power than congressmen or presidents, after all.
There's also mass protests in South Korea calling for resignation now. Last I heard it was about 30,000 people and climbing.

It's weird, really. Also someone on Reddit gave a really good analogy to put things into perspective.
Imagine Obama's speeches, political decision, and even his clothes were created, given, and decided by the leader of scientology. Imagine Obama sending confidential reports to the leader of scientology, who then held meetings and gave that confidential information to his little henchmen to help decide the nation's fate. Imagine Obama forcing Apple, Microsoft, Ford, etc to funnel millions and millions of "donations" to two fraudulent companies secretly set by the leader of scientology so that the leader can use that fund for their own purposes. Imagine if the scientology leader's daughter went to an ivy league despite missing 100 + days of high school and had poor grades, and that daughter graduated from that ivy league despite getting all F's except 1 D, missing 100 + days of class, and submitting essay/reports that were not only plagiarized but also contained phrases like "LOL," "Lmao," and "wtf," but was still accepted and given a passing grade. Also, imagine that scientology leader's daughter was given a spot in the United States' Official Equestrian Team. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
There's also mass protests in South Korea calling for resignation now. Last I heard it was about 30,000 people and climbing.

It's weird, really. Also someone on Reddit gave a really good analogy to put things into perspective.
I'm glad at least some cabal is getting exposed. Now people forum spies are gonna have a harder time using the 'it's just a conspiracy theory' meme any more. Hopefully it'll be our turn next.
I'm itching to know who the other 7 of these '8 heavenly fairies' are. I hope the South Korean media exposes all the docs from the appropriated electronics, implicating some higher globalist cabal.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm glad at least some cabal is getting exposed. Now people forum spies are gonna have a harder time using the 'it's just a conspiracy theory' meme any more. Hopefully it'll be our turn next.
I'm itching to know who the other 7 of these '8 heavenly fairies' are. I hope the South Korean media exposes all the docs from the appropriated electronics, implicating some higher globalist cabal.
It's going to be lizard people, who I recently found out are a type of nephilim and not aliens

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
South Korea is living an anime plot.

North Korea is gonna have a field day with this. Unless the current narrative is that South Korea is all an illusion created by capitalists to distract us.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
South Korea is living an anime plot.

North Korea is gonna have a field day with this. Unless the current narrative is that South Korea is all an illusion created by capitalists to distract us.
Well, we also distracted them with StarCraft 2. So, it all evens out

D

Deleted member

Obljgatory reminder of Opossum's Pokemon tournament
The woman is called Salem, she was at the last minute or two of End of the Beginning, and narrated Ruby Rose with Ozpin.
Axe-crazy? Are you referring to the guy Ruby fights in the theme sequence who had an axe on his arm?
Yeah, love how he and Em are horrified by the creation of Grimm. Expecting Em to leave for the good guy side.
The time gap is 6-8 months. Looking back, that feels a little too long. That implies that Tyrian's been looking for Spring for literal months, and that everyone else has been doing practically nothing for half a year.
White Fang and Grimm invaded Beacon, Yang loses arm, Blake runs away, pyrrha dies, Cinder gets hit be Ruby Ex Machina.
Qrow picked Ruby up from the tower, meaning Cinder was already gone. So she either still had some strength to run away, or was helped by the goons in her escape.
Also I can't be the only one who found that part of Ruby laughing to be very disturbing and unlike her.
Salem... where have I heard that word before?

The Ax-Crazy guy is the one with a different head shape, like, the only one with a different head shape

I want No Arm to get her revenge on Leg Leg but at the same time I want him to be Leg Leg not just Leg

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Fookin 'ell, it's always the bloody (((lizard people)))
It's not just the Lizard people.

The greys are nephilim too. Mixed with Mantis DNA.

There is plenty of picture evidence the nephilim have controlled mankind's government for decades, even maybe all of history.

This is totally not shopped

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
The thread got weird :lol:

I haven't really found a partner for Opossum's tournament unfortunately.
Fight scene: nice to see JNRR Or RJNR (?) Fighting together as a team after the events of V3. Also Ruby "flying" around looks :awesome:. though I'm still a bit anxious about what's going happen.. and I need more Weiss :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom