• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I remember in the 90's trying to talk to my friends about this little known game company that released a few games on DOS called "Blizzard" and their awesome game "Warcraft 2"

No one knew what Warcraft was or even heard of Blizzard

Edit: And I remember being super excited when reading a computer gaming magazine and it announcing Warcraft 3 with 5 different teams! You actually get to play as the burning legion!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I remember when Pokemon still had that cool water color, hand drawn artstyle. Thems were the days.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Qucick, Everyone throw names at me I could use to nickname my pokemon in moon. I normally like to use other peoples suggestions

I already know I'll name Ruffrock, Keaton
I know I'm really late to this, but I'd figure I'd give you some suggestions:

Decidueye - Takumi
Incineroar - Red Pantera
Primarina - Azura
Komala - Dwyer (if male) / Mitama (if female)
Vikavolt - Voltron
Drampa - Grampa Grima
Robombee - Fashion Bee
Bewear - Kuma
Tsareena - Ojousama
Lurantis - Mantisia
Palossand - Ft. Sumter
Crawbraler - Rocky Crawbola
Turtonator - Sheldon
Oranguru - Psydelorang
Kommo-o - Clanginator

That's the best I can come up with.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so something i noticed is the song the smurfs sing in the opening of the old cartoon is to the tune of the song centerfold

this has been 3AM thoughts

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I remember when Pokemon still had that cool water color, hand drawn artstyle. Thems were the days.

Good thing based Tomycase does many of the post-gen 2 Pokémon in old Sugimori style.

Sure best buddy

As someone that got bombed by that commercial every time I watched NASCAR in 2015, this triggers me... a lot.
Curse you Sprint.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
In the arcade version with no sign of Wii U outside of the fact that the DLC data is in the wii u version.
I'm aware they are in the arcade version. But since the Wii-U is on the way out, I figured we'd see it on the Switch.

Sorry for the late reply.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm aware they are in the arcade version. But since the Wii-U is on the way out, I figured we'd see it on the Switch.

Sorry for the late reply.
Odds are we will. The DLC characters have yet to make an appearance or even a confirmation and they show little effort in keeping the Wii U's Pokken alive.

At least. This is my hope anyways.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I was rewatching the Train On #3 video and I noticed this. :079:
dr4.PNG

"Dragon Hammer" :103:

So whats everyone going to do on the 18th of novmber?

Im probably going to lock myself in my room with Moon and play all day lol Thank god I have no classes then
I'm probably playing PS3 (I'm getting a second-hand one). Won't be getting Moon until Christmas.

Now that I'm thinking about it, Pokken could also be getting a Switch port. Darkrai, Scizor and Empoleon are about to be playable in that version right?
I really hope not. I would buy them as DLC, but I won't buy the same game twice to get them.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just a reminder that excessively posting videos, especially spammy ones, without other worthwhile content, is against the rules.

Likewise, replying with another spammy video is not any better. Please report videos without any real content.

Clarification; Due to this thread constantly getting news via Directs and such, I am lenient towards posts like this that say "New Trailer is up: *posts video*" However, it's preferred to add a bit more content than that.

D

Deleted member

So whats everyone going to do on the 18th of novmber?

Im probably going to lock myself in my room with Moon and play all day lol Thank god I have no classes then
I'll probably be playing some 3DS games that I haven't touched at all/in a while, such as M&L Dream Team and OoT 3D, since I'm going to pre-order Sun and it will take a while to arrive
That is, after I beat HeartGold, which I should soon, but I haven't touched the game in 3 days

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I actually really like the style Sugimori has been using since X/Y. It looks so much more vibrant to me.

I'm not talking about the design, which has obviously been pimped up, but the colours and lighting look better to me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just pre-ordered Sun!
Also changed my Avatar from Pepesaur to Decidueye.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh, I had recently changed my username. I wish I hadn't waited so long to change my previous one. I had to wait till almost Halloween just to make a Halloween-like name. Unfortunately, I could not find a Jackal with a Pumpkin for a head, so this'll have to do. It kind of sounds like Jack-O'-Lantern, right?

As for Sun and Moon, I pre-ordered them some time ago. And the guide(paperback, as I'm not paying extra for the hardcover when there's no major reason to. All it gives me is an extra map... which is not a big deal. The only worthwhile maps are ones of huge cities in the game. Lumiose City, anyone?)

D

Deleted member

I actually really like the style Sugimori has been using since X/Y. It looks so much more vibrant to me.

I'm not talking about the design, which has obviously been pimped up, but the colours and lighting look better to me.
Actually, the picture you're showing is of Generation III in which he changed his artstyle. That was when he began his "modern" change using a more digital approach vs hand drawn. It was Generation I and II that produced stuff such as these scans:

I tend to not be the biggest fan of the later artstyles, namely after Gen 5 because they are a bit overdesigned. And although Sugimori got better in some regards, there is a lack of detail his older hand drawn art use to have with the shift change to digital. And I actually prefer that Generation III artwork over the modern one as, although the eyes could be better and bigger in the original, the modern eyes in this picture come across as generic to me. I also miss the subtle shading in the purple on his coat and scarf around his neck as well as the shading overall being a bit more fleshed out.

I'd prefer he did it the more hand drawn way as it brings out more detail and character and can be used with his years of experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm so confused right now.
I buyed a new SD card so that I could play with Nairo's latest EU mod pack.
But for some reason, even while I dumped my game, whne I tried to launch it, it said that I didn't have any kexploit.
So, I am missing something? Do I have do it all over again? Please someone help me before I lose my mind.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Actually, the picture you're showing is of Generation III in which he changed his artstyle. That was when he began his "modern" change using a more digital approach vs hand drawn. It was Generation I and II that produced stuff such as these scans:

I tend to not be the biggest fan of the later artstyles, namely after Gen 5 because they are a bit overdesigned. And although Sugimori got better in some regards, there is a lack of detail his older hand drawn art use to have with the shift change to digital. And I actually prefer that Generation III artwork over the modern one as, although the eyes could be better and bigger in the original, the modern eyes in this picture come across as generic to me. I also miss the subtle shading in the purple on his coat and scarf around his neck as well as the shading overall being a bit more fleshed out.

I'd prefer he did it the more hand drawn way as it brings out more detail and character and can be used with his years of experience.
I see.

Still, I can't say I was really a fan of the style he used in Gen I and II. The amount of white you seen in his colouring, much more prominent in Gen I, is not my cup of tea. I prefer the more solid colours the current style uses.

D

Deleted member

I see.

Still, I can't say I was really a fan of the style he used in Gen I and II. The amount of white you seen in his colouring, much more prominent in Gen I, is not my cup of tea. I prefer the more solid colours the current style uses.
Yeah, everyone has their tastes that's coo. Personally, I think it's unique and adds a lot of character and really brings out the colors for me.

D

Deleted member

I honestly think Sugimori's art style in Gen 3 was terrible, at least compared to his ORAS art style.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There's an event in the SuMo demo tomorrow with a Pikachu's birthday party. Wonder if we'll get anything.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
...Why does the kanji for "discuss" 談, include the kanji for "flames" 炎?

This is seriously begging for a flame war joke. :laugh:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
He's not wrong,the switch is a massive risk,I think it could pay off but as a Nintendo fan that could just be me hoping

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
UPDATE:
So, I actually found what was wrong.
And now, I feel stupid.
But I prefer feeling stupid than feeling angry.
So, yeah, now, I have just to find people to play with.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I feel like all of Yuga's moves in Hyrule Warriors, at least the ones shown aside from the super special moves or whatever they are called are far too similar...

I could barely distinguish between them.

For the first time I'm disapointed with that they did with a character, and I was really looking forward to seeing the ALBW pack.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I feel like all of Yuga's moves in Hyrule Warriors, at least the ones shown aside from the super special moves or whatever they are called are far too similar...

I could barely distinguish between them.

For the first time I'm disapointed with that they did with a character, and I was really looking forward to seeing the ALBW pack.
I'm not too disappointed with how Yuga turned out, but I'm less satisfied with how Ravio turned out.
He basically only uses the hammer, which is basically the least relevant weapon in the entire game and then only uses the actually good weapons in some obscure semi-special, using the one weapon that's not rented in the actual special.

He should've used either the Sack to spread the items evenly across the set, the Bracelet to play with the whole wall-thing or one of the rods, since they're unique to the game.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Fun fact: Steven's ORAS art was actually drawn by Megumi Mizutani, not Ken Sugmori. Generation 5 was when there were other artists that started to contribute to official arts aside from Sugimori.

Sugimori did do Maxie's ORAS artwork though.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It's funny...Yuga and Ravio were revealed for Hyrule Warriors...and I don't care...

I haven't touched Hyrule Warriors in a while and those two (as well as Toon Zelda) don't really get me excited to play it again...I guess there's also the fact that there really isn't any character I want in the game, aside from probably Yeto and Saria, but even still...All my favourite Zelda characters are already in the game...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Man, don't you just love being led up to a certain expectation just to get shot down the last minute? Its such a wonderous feeling. Like getting jabbed in the side after losing your guard for just a second.

Chrono.

Someone uploaded the Mirage Saloon music for your listening pleasure.

The music here is just too damn good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom