• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There is this freeware game that might satisfy your needs

Blood & violence warning:
Looks pretty killer. Pun intended. Just needs a few more heroic icons outside of Ash.

So, apparently there's a Skylanders cartoon on Netflix.

And Crash Bandicoot appears and speaks in it.

It's weird.

And I actually quite like this voice. It's something I can see coming out of Crash's mouth if he were to talk in his old platformers.

Maybe he'll even talk in the remakes for PS4. That'd be pretty sweet.

D

Deleted member

Wow, you even remember the fakes.

Impressive.
I have a pretty good memory, which helps a lot because a lot of people close to me have pretty bad memories. And that's no insult, that's what they claim themselves. Especially with my GF, but she makes it up easily with her strengths that make up for my weaknesses.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Crash is supposed to be simple minded and dumb. That voice/personality doesn't fit at all.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yeah that's why they gave him an Australian voice. Duh

my apologies to any and all Australians in the thread
:061:
I'm Australian and I'm offended you had to apologise.
We make fun of everyone, even ourselves.
Well, it has been nine years since he spoke his first word.

"Woah" doesn't count as his first word?

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
wow....

Spent three hours on a piece in photoshop last night....go to load the save, and the file is corrupted....
I'm having a hard enough time pushing myself out of my artblock, crap like this doesn't help....

Well still not as bad as the time I had a piece that I spent well over 50 hours on and it got corrupted pretty much when I considered it finished....but its still a pain in the *** regardless how much time I spent on it...:glare:
The best way to get over artist block is to keep pushing. Forever. The best way to push into inspiration is by copying / combining / transforming other people's / nature's stuff.
Keep on, man!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Crash is supposed to be simple minded and dumb. That voice/personality doesn't fit at all.
Eh, even simple minded and dumb characters have to function like humans.

Honestly, one of my least favorite things about a simple minded and dumb character that's over done to death and makes me instantly hate them is when they're so dumb they can't even act like they'd be able to function enough to survive.

Homer Simpson, Peter and Chris Griffin, pretty much any sitcom dad from the late 90s to now, Brittany from Glee, they're all guilty of this.

Yes, you can be dimwitted but once dimwitted is all you are, you're no longer a character, you're just a cliché joke one after the other.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Pretty much every Aura move I thought up for my Pokemon game is just a rip off of a move in DBZ. lol

Aura Beam = Kamehameha
Aura Blast = Ki Blasts
Solar Flare = Spirit Bomb

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Honestly, one of my least favorite things about a simple minded and dumb character that's over done to death and makes me instantly hate them is when they're so dumb they can't even act like they'd be able to function enough to survive.

Homer Simpson, Peter and Chris Griffin, pretty much any sitcom dad from the late 90s to now, Brittany from Glee, they're all guilty of this.

Yes, you can be dimwitted but once dimwitted is all you are, you're no longer a character, you're just a cliché joke one after the other.
You underestimate the power of backwoods America.

It's true. All of it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You underestimate the power of backwoods America.

It's true. All of it.
I've lived in backwoods America.

There's reality, where sure people are dumb, but no one is dumb enough they can't live as a human being in day to day life.

And then there's stretched reality. The characters I listed? They're all stretched versions of reality.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

The thing is Crash fits that exact trope that you mentioned. I don't think there's any indication that he can talk that sophisticated. Every Crash game paints him as a simple minded idiot.

Hell, the plot of Crash 2 only happens because Crash was so gullible enough to buy in to Cortex's lie.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So, apparently there's a Skylanders cartoon on Netflix.

And Crash Bandicoot appears and speaks in it.

It's weird.

The music is great.

BUT HE'S TOO SMART.
PART OF HIS BACKSTORY IS HIM LITERALLY BEING TOO STUPID FOR CORTEX'S RESEARCH.

Hell
A slightly more "doofy" Junkrat voice would be perfect.
At least he's australian in this.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I've lived in backwoods America.

There's reality.

And then there's stretched reality. The characters I listed? They're all stretched versions of reality.
I have too.
I've met Homer, but he's nothing like the character in the show.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I have too.
I've met Homer, but he's nothing like the character in the show.
Yeah, Homer technically is probably middle eastern part of America, not a backwoods Hick.

Backwoods hicks tend to be far far less likable than Homer is.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The best way to get over artist block is to keep pushing. Forever. The best way to push into inspiration is by copying / combining / transforming other people's / nature's stuff.
Keep on, man!
Yeah, I know...thanks...

When stuff like this happens I try to take it as an opportunity to make the next attempt better....I usually loosen up on the second time around since I don't want it to feel like I'm doing the same thing over, so I just do...plus I try to convince myself the first time was just practice...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The thing is Crash fits that exact trope that you mentioned. I don't think there's any indication that he can talk that sophisticated. Every Crash game paints him as a simple minded idiot.

Hell, the plot of Crash 2 only happens because Crash was so gullible enough to buy in to Cortex's lie.
You are right, but...

He could still be a dimwitted doofus and hold a conversation though. He doesn't seem all that extremely intelligent in the clips.

He basically just states he got lost, is worried about his friends, and then screams something really dumb out loud about a rescue mission.

None of those paint him as a super intelligent animal, but rather a confused and caring one. Which I'd wager fits a hero of his caliber.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Day 28: Somebody's Watching Me...

A tune well known for... silly camp and Micheal Jackson!

Tomorrow...

I'm thinking of a theme... with no name.
It's appeared with "perfect" spouses... and not so perfect ones.
But with 3/4 timing... dancing's rather tame!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Just pointing out 9 people liked this post when only 2 of them have any context at all.

Y'all are weirdos

Well, it is election season and she and the Don always have some sort of scandal being revealed daily.

Maybe ya'll our revealing her super secret emails to her latin intern she's been cheating on Billy Boy with.

kylexv

Smash Master
Honestly way better than expected. Not too bad.

Better than that Crash 2 commercial that's for sure
For those curious:

HAH

EDIT: It's worse than I remember. Why was the Arnold Schwarzenegger voice needed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just pointing out 9 people liked this post when only 2 of them have any context at all.

Y'all are weirdos

To be fair, what people massively like is pretty unpredictable. :p Most of my posts that get a ton of likes I look back on and go "Huh? Why the heck did everyone like this."

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Watching TV now...

So let me get this straight...

A politician named Weiner was caught in a sexting scandal, and now the FBI is launching an investigation (again) at Hillary, and we have 11 days until election day.

You can't make this up.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
This whole election is like a very bad reality show.

D

Deleted member

@Megalon72 Bow, no, Great Sword, no Time to check out the other weapons Ive stuck with prowler for so long, idk how to lay hunter anymore
I love great swords, one of my main weapons, bows are more or less the only weapon I need to get used to besides the gunlance.

Honestly, through most of the game I used the sword and shield, mainly the Mizutsune one.(Mitzutsune weapons are great, the dual blades and switch axe are great, as is the great sword which is the other I got.) I never really used S&A at all in the previous game, I disregarded it as an overly basic beginner weapon, but man is it really great, it's simple, yes, but when you get a really good feel for it you can just destroy monsters, especially since the sword and shield is great in the 4th generation as a whole, and in generations they buffed it even more.

Other than that, at your point in the game I used long swords as there's great ones earlier on in the game that have more effective stats than other weapons in that point in the game, especially the iron katana line which can upgrade into this very good long thunder long sword I forget the name of, requires some khezu parts though and upgrades into the lagiacrus longsword thunderclap.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm still hoping it's just a very bad episode of Punk'd.
That would be the best thing ever.

Extra points if this whole election goes pro wrestling on us and it's revealed that Hilary and Trump were in it together and form a heel stable to conquer America.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I love great swords, one of my main weapons, bows are more or less the only weapon I need to get used to besides the gunlance.

Honestly, through most of the game I used the sword and shield, mainly the Mizutsune one.(Mitzutsune weapons are great, the dual blades and switch axe are great, as is the great sword which is the other I got.) I never really used S&A at all in the previous game, I disregarded it as an overly basic beginner weapon, but man is it really great, it's simple, yes, but when you get a really good feel for it you can just destroy monsters, especially since the sword and shield is great in the 4th generation as a whole, and in generations they buffed it even more.

Other than that, at your point in the game I used long swords as there's great ones earlier on in the game that have more effective stats than other weapons in that point in the game, especially the iron katana line which can upgrade into this very good long thunder long sword I forget the name of, requires some khezu parts though and upgrades into the lagiacrus longsword thunderclap.
yeah, I was thinking about using the long sword for practice

I know I'll be good with the Insect Glave, that was my main weapon in the past game

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Quick Alpha Sapphire Update because Quad Evolutions!!

Popeye (just a bit longer and Popeye will finally get his Spinach:p)
Atlas (since the other three evolved I thought might as well evolve him too)
Sahara
Gobi
Foghorn

Gaddam Sahara's already a beast learning Crunch and Earthquake pretty damn Early...all I need is a good physical Dragon type attack and I'm set...Forgot that Cacturne learns Spiky Sheild, that's already being very useful, especially when paired with Leech Seed...

I think I might drop Foghorn afterall, Exploud's a good mon that hits hard but Normal doesn't do any good for coverage other than it's Ghost immunity, which isn't really gonna be missed since Dark is still a better matchup against ghosts anyways...I would grab an Absol as it's an awesome Dark type that I hardly use, but I already have a Dark type on my team...
I kinda want a Fire type for coverage but this game is just bad for Fire types in general if you don't pick Torchic...Camerupt (4x water weakness no thanks), Magcargo (4x Water weakness no thanks), Torkoal (too slow and not really that great tbh), Ninetales (ok with but I know I'm grabbing Alola Ninetales in Sun and Moon so I'd rather not for variety's sake, if I would I probably would've Dex Naved for a HA Vulpix as Drought Ninetales would've been really handy especially against Glacia)...

Man, maybe I should grab a Drought Ninetales...

D

Deleted member

yeah, I was thinking about using the long sword for practice

I know I'll be good with the Insect Glave, that was my main weapon in the past game
Yeah, can't go wrong with insect glaive and start building them up earlier, I only started to do that end game since other than that I never really used it because I used it a good portion of the last game and wanted to explore new weapons. But if you ever need a quick, easy to make longsword depending on how early you are, the moofah staff is pretty good, got me through the part of the offline where you start seeing real threats such as rathian, nargacuga, and najarala.

Cardboardtubeknight

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
4914-7294-5851
So I just got back from a halloween bon fire. Unfortunately my girl couldn't come dressed up as eggs, so I couldn't be Kevin Bacon and Eggs like I wanted, but I did get just a trash bag around going around calling myself white trash. I made it up right on the spot too it was pretty dope. I got pics, but I'm pretty drunk right now, so give me a moment. Also musix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom