• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I don't have much to say about the new Generations episodes.

I was surprised that for an episode that revolved around the events of the Delta Episode, Zinnia didn't appear (would've been nice because it'd be nice to receive some more information about Aster). Instead, we got Gabby and Ty. Didn't expect that, but it was nice that they got spotlight. The fight between Deoxys and Rayquaza was pretty cool.

The Old Chateau wasn't a favorite of mine, maybe because it didn't "wow" me that much. I will admit it had some pretty clever scenes, particularly the dinner one. We don't see the food Cherryl and Chansey are eating at all, and that's a nice touch to demonstrate how haunted the place was. The final scene with the ghost girl reminded me of one of those Urban Legend/Creepypasta stories. Really wish we got to see Rotom though; would've been the perfect episode for it to appear because the Old Chateau is where you find it. I also though Chansey sounded really annoying here.

But now that we're in the Sinnoh portion of Generations, I can now say that I'm really looking forward to the Cyrus one.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
then I don't understand the whole "it's weaker when portable" thing

meh. we'll see everything about the system in January
I would think most likely is that the dock has cooling fans, which would technically allow the processor to work harder without overheating. If it's in portable mode, the processor wouldn't be able to work as hard without burning people's hands off, so its max clock speeds would likely be throttled to prevent it building up so much heat (would also be why the tablet screen is 720p and not 1080p).

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
...Where have you been?

I've seen nothing but praise for the game since day one. In both the Zelda and Dynasty Warriors fandoms.
I hung out at a lot of sites at the time and the game was more hovering around the middle then highly praised. No one hated the game, but it didn't get that "OMG, this is awesome, I can't wait to buy it!" reaction like that of Pokken or BotW until E3 where the prospect of different fan-favorite characters aside from Link became a clear reality.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
then I don't understand the whole "it's weaker when portable" thing

meh. we'll see everything about the system in January
The tablet only does 720p, meaning it's weaker when undocked or portable. Meaning that's another thing developers have to be mindful of when developing games for Switch

Chrono.

I got my own concerns about the Switch, but for now I'll just enjoy the ride.

No use in worrying when all we got is a teaser (and credible rumors).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah I haven't seen Villager since Wave 1 was released.

To be fair I rarely seek out amiibo. Marth was the only one I bought at full price. Cloud will be the second.
Villager got a massive restock and still can be found in some places, but he's a Toys R Us exclusive. :p

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
98% left until Xenoverse 2 time.
Y'know, I had no interest in Xenoverse 2 until two days ago. I don't know what possessed me, but I splurged the $80 for the deluxe pre-order and it's all I've been playing since. I'm 8-9 levels away from unlocking Super Saiyan.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did King Dedede ever get a restock? I have never seen him anywhere

D

Deleted member

Tbh I'm pretty disappointed at the new Generations episodes.

I liked the one with Gabby and Ty (Deoxys vs Rayquaza was amazing) but I could've prefered an episode focusing on Wally.

The one about the Old Cheatau was just Plain disturbing. We are definetly getting an episode focusing on Buck at some point so hopefully the "other" episode focuses on Cyrus or Cynthia (Though the former is guaranteed to appear in an episode due to his appearence on the posted).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Y'know, I had no interest in Xenoverse 2 until two days ago. I don't know what possessed me, but I splurged the $80 for the deluxe pre-order and it's all I've been playing since. I'm 8-9 levels away from unlocking Super Saiyan.
I'd ask how similar it is to the first but I don't think you played it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For the record, pretty much the only Smash amiibo that are really hard to find at the moment are Robin and Palutena (who are getting restocked soon), and the Smash versions of Mario, Yoshi, Bowser, DK, Diddy, Wario, and the Kirby cast. And Wii Fit Trainer, who is like the only one who has no signs of restocking and doesn't have another version of them out.

Ike, Captain Falcon, Shulk, Little Mac, Lucario, Greninja, and Marth were restocked late last year, and although really hard to find in store, they can be found pretty easily online.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What excites me the most about AC's amiibo update is what the non-AC ones will do.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If my Pikachu amiibo does not give my Pokemin themed stuff, I will flip

I also want those new cards
Yeah, I wouldn't count on the Pokémon amiibo giving anything. No Yoshi pattern, and not even unique sounds for Super Mario Maker. TPC and GameFreak are notoriously stingy, which sucks. It's the whole reason I didn't buy Lucario or Jigglypuff and why I have slight buyer regret for Charizard.

I don't regret Pikachu, Mewtwo, or Greninja though, since I actually enjoy them as Pokémon. :p

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Special ki? What's that? I guessed I must have skipped that. No wonder I did so horribly. lol
The attacks like Galick Gun or Spirit Bomb. I guess they were super spammy in XV1, but XV2 I hear fixed that. Or maybe people just haven't delved into the meta enough.

Chrono.

The attacks like Galick Gun or Spirit Bomb. I guess they were super spammy in XV1, but XV2 I hear fixed that. Or maybe people just haven't delved into the meta enough.
Not exactly spammy by themselves.

It was that Saiyans could abuse them because Super Saiyan gave them infinite KI, so Saiyans were pretty overpowered.

But they got nerfed and the other races got transformations of their own this time.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
For the record, pretty much the only Smash amiibo that are really hard to find at the moment are Robin and Palutena (who are getting restocked soon), and the Smash versions of Mario, Yoshi, Bowser, DK, Diddy, Wario, and the Kirby cast. And Wii Fit Trainer, who is like the only one who has no signs of restocking and doesn't have another version of them out.

Ike, Captain Falcon, Shulk, Little Mac, Lucario, Greninja, and Marth were restocked late last year, and although really hard to find in store, they can be found pretty easily online.
I found Little Mac used for about $5 at GameStop

Wii Fit Trainer isn't the only one to not get a restock either

Villager hasn't had any restock in TWO YEARS

Also Pit is a rare one too. And Ryu is still sitting on the shelf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom