• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
D

Deleted member

Gen 3 and 7 are the only gens where I actually like all of the starters. Gen 4 is close to that but I still haven't fully formed an opinion on Empoleon.
I like at least 2 of the starters in the other gens with the exception of Gen 5 (which is Ironic since it's my favorite Gen) because Oshawott's evolutionary line is the only one that appeals to me.

D

Deleted member

It's a very nice change of pace to debate a topic such as this and not having the opposing person go into personal insults or nothing that has to do with the topic of hand just to disregard whatever I've said. I don't really much to disagree with, TBH, you've provided pretty convincing arguments and my reply was much less a rebuttal of your points and more so points of what I've heard from other people before, but they didn't really bring nearly as much perspective as you did. And I already agree with most what you had to say, including the facts about the south, I was just referring to after the civil war when they did gain the right to vote, but with the freedom of people to go by their own rules unchecked, things were even worse than pre-civil war 1800s. Also, when I refer to discrimination, I'm not referring all jobs paying the exact same, that's not based upon minuscule qualities and more so how much work you put in to earn that or how much value you gain. Your opportunities and earnings should be on actual qualities that contribute to your job. I do think people have rights to basic protections. And I'm not saying that things will revert back to the past, that's not my fear, I just think that everyone should be able to have the opportunity to bring themselves to success, regardless of who they are as long as they aren't dangerous.

The reason why you can't have a private police force is because a police force controlling itself would give them too much power, if the laws were decided by the police themselves. You need the local public at least to have some say in what goes in their laws, otherwise the police can easily just get rid of whatever liberalism set in place.(Which I'm sure is not what you meant anyway.)

I agree with giving most of the power to the people though, but there should be some kind of regulations, but regulations to restrict people's freedom. After all, in order to make the government so powerless, you'd have to make some pretty big regulations to make that the case, especially considering how it is now.

But yes, thank you, definitely changed my perspective. I definitely agree with the gov. and military being smaller. But there has to be some kind of structure to prevent some kind of monolith forming, if it's too much of an anarchy you simply have another gov. take its place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Just realized I never posted my thoughts on the trailer
Decidueye: Looks AMAZING, Ghost typing is great as it also loses it's dumb quadweakness and Spirit Shackle is extremely cool
Incineroar: LOVE it. Oozes personality and the game makes it look great. If Darkest Lariat DOESN'T ignore defence drops, I'll be very disappointed, but it's still a good move
Primarina: Ew. Design doesn't click with me, and those eyes are creepy. Sparkling Aria will likely need Scald, making it predictable
Tapu Lele: Cute! It's got a very useful ability aswell!
Tapu Bulu: Looks cool and finially makes Grassy Terrain useful
Tapu Fini: ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE. Sadly it's terrain likely doesn't help it that much
Guardian of Alola: Sounds great for the bulkier ones
Cosmog: I want to hug it
Alolan Persian: Still wortle-HOLY **** FUR COAT?
Cynthia: **** YES! Give me a remix of her sweet theme too!
Wally: Good to see him back and very confident
Red and Blue: Look great, Blue's theme also got a funky remix. A worthy 20th anniversary appearance

Ivander

Smash Legend
I am so glad I never gave into the urge of buying Loot boxes for Overwatch this Halloween and I swear this will continue for every event onward.

Got the Junkenstein skin for Junkrat a week ago, than I got the Junkeinstein Monster skin for Roadhog a couple days ago and tonight I just got Witch Mercy. Ahh, that feeling you get when you know you've made the right decision.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow, watching this thing from 1993

They are talking about how misogynist the video game industry is and calling for change

History really does keep repeating itself

It used Night Trap as an example

And how video games as a whole were not catering toward the female audience

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Opossum's game of fortune wheel roster:

Mario:
Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Bowser Jr
6. Rosalina
7. Paper Mario
8. Toad
9. Nabbit
10. Waluigi
11. Daisy
12. King Boo
13. Petey Piranha
14. Kamek
15. Lakitu
16. Boom Boom
17. King Bob-Omb
18. Goomboss
19. Dr Mario
20. Viruses
21. Gooper Blooper
22. Fawful
23 Wart
24. Birdo
25. Toadette
26. Shy Guy
27. Pauline
28. E. Gadd

TLoZ
1. Link
2. Zelda
3. Sheik
4. Ganondorf
5. Ganon
6. Toon Link
7. Impa
8. Midna
9. Lana
10. Linkle
11. Medli
12. Makar
13 Ruto
14 Darunia
15 Nabooru
16 Rauru
17 Toon Zelda
18 Beedle
19 Map Fish
20 Malon
21 Marin
22 Ilia & Epona
23. Tingle
24. Linebeck
25. Orca

Yoshi
1. Yoshi

Wario
1. Wario

Dk
1. DK
2. Diddy
3. Dixie

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh hey, I just found out they are making a Zelda movie staring Jennifer Lawrence

It's a movie about Zelda Fitzgerald
:troll:

It's just being called "Zelda" and that's it

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
A new "train on" trailer came out feauring new footage.

Alolan Exeggutor has a Z-Move called "Breakneck Blitz" and like its regular counterpart it evolves via Leaf Stone.
Apparently Charjabug evolves into Vikavolt until Lv. 40
As expected Alolan Ninetales can learn Dazzling Gleam
Silvally uses an unidentified beam attack (Ice Beam?, Flash Cannon?, I don't know...)
The Rock Z-Move involves dropping a huge rock over your opponent ala Majora's Mask's Moon.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So here's a fun little activity I thought up. I call it the "Personalized Smash Bros." game.

Basically, with this game, you pick your five favorite Nintendo franchises and fill Smash 4's roster with just games from that franchise. This would allow for characters who wouldn't get in any other way, theoretically, and should in theory be different depending on each person, hence the "personal" moniker.

As a bonus, you can still include the third party characters, since it may be harder to get 58 characters otherwise. They won't count toward your five series. I said five Nintendo franchises, after all. :p

I'll post mine in a bit.

Edit: ...No, you can't pick Smash as one of the five series. No loopholes. :p
Ok, I pick Mario (and consider Yoshi part of the Mario series because at this point I only think Yoshi got his own series in 64 on the misguided hope that Yoshi's Story would be bigger than it was), Zelda, Pokemon, Donkey Kong & Star Fox.

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Captain Toad
  6. Yoshi
  7. Wario (has plumber costume by default)
  8. Waluigi
  9. Rosalina
  10. Bowser Jr. (w/ Koopaling costumes)
  11. Daisy
  12. Paper Mario

1. Link (Standard)
  2. Zelda
  3. Ganondorf
  4. Toon Link
  5. Sheik
  6. Impa
  7. Midna
  8. Toon Zelda/Tetra
  9. Nomad Link (BotW)
  10. Ruto
  11. Skull Kid

1. Pikachu
  2. Jigglypuff
  3. Mewtwo
  4. Charizard
  5. Lucario
  6. Squirtle
  7. Sceptile
  8. Blaziken
  9. Greninja
  10. Gardevoir
  11. Ivysaur

1. DK Donkey Kong DK Donkey Kong is here
  2. Diddy Kong
  3. Dixie Kong
  4. Cranky Kong
  5. Funky Kong
  6. HE HAS NO STYLE HE HAS NO GRACE
  7. THIS GIRL'S GOT STYLE SO LISTEN UP DUDES
  8. ONE HELL OF A GUY
  9. King Kuh-Rool
  10. Baddie from the return series(?)

1. Fox
  2. Falco
  3. Wolf
  4. Slippy
  5. Peppy
  6. Krystal

1. Solid Snake
  2. Sonic
  3. Mega Man
  4. Pac-Man
  5. Ryu
  6. Cloud
  7. Bayonetta

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Just got Dragonball XenoVerse 2. Made my new character.

XenoVerse 1
received_709759605841630.jpeg
XenoVerse 2
received_709759635841627.jpeg

Very drastic changes from the first game. Glad they updated character appearances.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm picking Popplio and my rwo other friends that will be buying SM will choose the other two
I showed my brother the trailer too and he wants Popplio as well... but he said he hopes to god his Popplio is female and not male... I have never been so disappointed with him

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I know I'm picking Decidueye in one version, but I'm not really sure who to pick for the others

Water/ Fairy seems to me to be the superior typing vs Fire/ Dark

I'm picking Popplio and my rwo other friends that will be buying SM will choose the other two
I showed my brother the trailer too and he wants Popplio as well... but he said he hopes to god his Popplio is female and not male... I have never been so disappointed with him
He should do what I do when I get a male Gardevoir

Name it Futa

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm glad I removed Marowak and Vikavolt from my team
2 Pokemon that share a type is okay (Most of my teams tend to have 2 Pokemon that share a type, with the exception of FireRed, Emerald, and White 2) but 2 pairs of Pokemon that share a type (Wimpod and Vikavolt, Marowak and Decidoueye) is too much.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
So Far my team looks like this
Primarina, Alolan Marrowack, Tsareena, i seem to have forgotten all the non revealed pokemon and this pleases me

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Wow, watching this thing from 1993

They are talking about how misogynist the video game industry is and calling for change

History really does keep repeating itself

It used Night Trap as an example

And how video games as a whole were not catering toward the female audience
23 years later and the video game industry is still at large male-oriented because massive companies love to appeal to the demographic who buys the most copies (though this problem is obviously less prevalent than fifteen, ten, or even five years ago).

just how demographics work, mostly. it's difficult to change.

Last edited:
So here's a fun little activity I thought up. I call it the "Personalized Smash Bros." game.

Basically, with this game, you pick your five favorite Nintendo franchises and fill Smash 4's roster with just games from that franchise. This would allow for characters who wouldn't get in any other way, theoretically, and should in theory be different depending on each person, hence the "personal" moniker.

As a bonus, you can still include the third party characters, since it may be harder to get 58 characters otherwise. They won't count toward your five series. I said five Nintendo franchises, after all. :p

I'll post mine in a bit.

Franchises:
Pokemon
Kirby
Donkey Kong
Mario
Zelda

Pokemon
  1. Pikachu
  2. Jigglypuff
  3. Charizard
  4. Mewtwo
  5. Lucario
  6. Greninja
  7. Squirtle
  8. Ivysaur
  9. Gengar
  10. Meowth
  11. Decidueye
  12. Incineroar
  13. Garchomp
Kirby
  1. Kirby
  2. Meta Knight
  3. King Dedede
  4. Bandana Dee
  5. Magolor
  6. Taranza
  7. Dark Matter
  8. Sectonia
  9. Susie
  10. Marx
Donkey Kong
  1. Donkey Kong
  2. Diddy Kong
  3. Dixie Kong
  4. King K. Rool
  5. Cranky Kong
  6. Rambi
  7. Funky Kong
  8. Lanky Kong
  9. Lord Fredrik
  10. Squitter
Mario
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Bowser Jr.
  6. Rosalina
  7. Captain Toad
  8. Yoshi
  9. Wario
  10. Waluigi
  11. King Boo
  12. Petey Piranha
  13. Kamek
Zelda
  1. Link
  2. Zelda
  3. Ganondorf
  4. Beast Ganon
  5. Sheik
  6. Impa
  7. Darunia
  8. Skull Kid
  9. Vaati
  10. Epona
  11. Ghirahim
  12. Tingle

That was harder than I though...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll post mine in a bit.

Let's see...

Mario (Including Yoshi and Wario as part of it)
Pokemon
Kirby
Mother
Zelda (Mostly for filler because I have yet to play many Nintendo franchises, hell even saying I played alot of Mother and Kirby is a more than a stretch)

Mario:
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Rosalina
6. Bowser Jr.
7. Wario
8. Waluigi
9. Yoshi
10. Captain Toad
11. Blue Shy Guy :troll:

Kirby:
12. Kirby
13. King Dedede
14. Meta Knight
15. Bandana Dee

Zelda:
16. Link
17. Zelda
18. Sheik
19. Ganondorf w/ a new moveset
20. Gannondorf that plays like the one we have in Sm4sh
21. Ganondorf that plays exactly like Captain Falcon because he's cut :(
22. Toon Link

Mother:
23. Ness
24. Lucas
25. Porky
26. Jeff

Third parties:
27. Sonic
28. Pac-Man
29. Mega Man
30. Cloud
31. Shovel Knight

And now for Pokemon (saved the best franchise for last)
32. Pikachu
33. Jigglypuff
34. Mewtwo
35. Charizard
36. Venusaur (Basically a modified version of Ivysaur's PM moveset, is heavier, and transforms into Mega Venusaur for its final Smash)
37. Blastoise (Somewhat simillar to Squirtle, but not quite)
38. Gengar
39. Tyranitar
40. Scizor
41. Gardevoir (Wanted to include at least one mon from each gen, and I didn't feel like including Sceptile here because reasons)
42. Lucario
43. Garchomp
44. Staraptor
45. Chandelure (AKA best Pokemon)
46. Greninja
47. Decidueye
48. Silvally

I didn't feel like including 58 characters because most of them would just be fillers.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Bulbapedia says Oricorio changes forms by taking a sip of certain nectars
I have no idea where they got this from but I really hope it's true
He should do what I do when I get a male Gardevoir

Name it Futa
Was I supposed to laugh at this?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Hello Games, the developers of No Man's Sky, posted on Twitter "No Man's Sky was a mistake" and immediately locked their account afterwards.

https://www.destructoid.com/hello-g...ake-immediately-protects-account-396196.phtml

EDIT: It was none other than Sean Murray himself, it seems.

http://gameranx.com/updates/id/80181/article/hello-games-sean-murray-says-no-mans-sky-was-a-mistake/
The plot thickens.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It really seems like everything involving No Man's Sky gets worse and falls apart more by the day. :p

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Askagamedev did a few blog posts on the Nintendo Switch
http://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/152339846394/stuff-happened-while-i-was-out-part-1-nintendo
http://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/152347209496/hello-dev-man-im-the-second-anon-from-your-last
http://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/152365446766/hey-gamedev-you-seem-to-be-fairly-negative-on-the

I'd watch this as a supplement

This isn't doom and gloom for the Switch, it can very much do well despite all these issues, but these are still very considerable issues that it'll face in regards to third party support.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Is PSN failing on anyone else in the UK? Want to know if it's a server issue or if God just hates me in particular.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It really seems like everything involving No Man's Sky gets worse and falls apart more by the day. :p
The Steam Reviews are sitting on.... just see for yourself.

upload_2016-10-28_20-36-8.png

Must be hard on them, as it has basically become a cool thing now to hate on the game, not to mention many see it as the epitome of everything wrong with the gaming industry practices now, like pre-order culture and hype culture.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since people are talking NMS again, I'll share a masterpiece that perfectly sums everything about the game from early reveals to now.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I think the real problem with No Man's Sky was the hype.

Sony more or less doomed the game when they started to portray it like the next sliced bread instead of a highly experimental indie game.

Hello Games got in way over their heads.

Cardboardtubeknight

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
4914-7294-5851
Let's see...

Mario (Including Yoshi and Wario as part of it)
Pokemon
Kirby
Mother
Zelda (Mostly for filler because I have yet to play many Nintendo franchises, hell even saying I played alot of Mother and Kirby is a more than a stretch)

Mario:
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Rosalina
6. Bowser Jr.
7. Wario
8. Waluigi
9. Yoshi
10. Captain Toad
11. Blue Shy Guy :troll:

Kirby:
12. Kirby
13. King Dedede
14. Meta Knight
15. Bandana Dee

Zelda:
16. Link
17. Zelda
18. Sheik
19. Ganondorf w/ a new moveset
20. Gannondorf that plays like the one we have in Sm4sh
21. Ganondorf that plays exactly like Captain Falcon because he's cut :(
22. Toon Link

Mother:
23. Ness
24. Lucas
25. Porky
26. Jeff

Third parties:
27. Sonic
28. Pac-Man
29. Mega Man
30. Cloud
31. Shovel Knight

And now for Pokemon (saved the best franchise for last)
32. Pikachu
33. Jigglypuff
34. Mewtwo
35. Charizard
36. Venusaur (Basically a modified version of Ivysaur's PM moveset, is heavier, and transforms into Mega Venusaur for its final Smash)
37. Blastoise (Somewhat simillar to Squirtle, but not quite)
38. Gengar
39. Tyranitar
40. Scizor
41. Gardevoir (Wanted to include at least one mon from each gen, and I didn't feel like including Sceptile here because reasons)
42. Lucario
43. Garchomp
44. Staraptor
45. Chandelure (AKA best Pokemon)
46. Greninja
47. Decidueye
48. Silvally

I didn't feel like including 58 characters because most of them would just be fillers.
Kirby is still one of greatest franchises in history

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bulbapedia says Oricorio changes forms by taking a sip of certain nectars
I have no idea where they got this from but I really hope it's true

Was I supposed to laugh at this?
Yes

Or, y'know, at least not be passive aggressive