• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I like Red's relaxed design.

Alola is a vacation type of region.

Red and Blue looks like they're on vacation. It works. I love the design because it just fits that older look he needs.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm sorry, but asides from Primarina. Those are some horrible fricking Pokemon names.

Way to zap any coolness away from the bird in particular.
It's cause you're not smart enough to get the joke at a glance.

Only smart and attractive people see the genius of Decidueye.

<3

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still don't like the name

And all the youtubers that have covered the trailer so far have agreed

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I get the name Decidueye. Cuz of trees and marksmanship and whatnot. I just don't think it's very good.

That said it's still the starter I'm going with. It's not like it's a huge deal.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You should never use YouTubers or even PokeTubers as an evidence to your argument.

Especially PokeTubers who lets be honest here have been obnoxious for years. There hasn't been atleast one good PokeTubers except for Shofu maybe but Shofu ain't that good

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Say, how many of you guys have gone Shiny hunting?

How did you do it?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Cause when youtubers dislike something that means it's bad and everyone should dislike it, right?
Nope, they are just agreeing with me

They are secondary to the first sentence of that statement

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Day 27: Monster Dance

Where would Castlevania be without its monsters? Knocking us back over and over... figured this one would take a little more thought to guess. Point goes to @Xeno VII .

Tomorrow...
Looking from the shadows, putting on airs...
Find the song and dance of someone
almost unaware!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
There's nothing wrong with Fighting starters.

Its Fire/Fighting that needs to stop.
I heard from my sis that she saw some peeps going "What? Fire/Dark? Man I would of liked Fire/fighting more"

The poke fandom are nothing but kids who ask for gummy bears because they are sick of gummy worms, they get the gummy bears and then say gummy worms are better

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, let's see...

-Different hat
-New shoes
-Looses the jacket
-One strap backpack
-Same serious look
-Similar body posture
-Red's face got longer with age

I think it's the larger presence of white in the design that's throwing us off.
I think it's his face with the smaller eyes and stern expression.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, let's see...

-Different hat
-New shoes
-Looses the jacket
-One strap backpack
-Same serious look
-Similar body posture
-Red's face got longer with age

I think it's the larger presence of white in the design that's throwing us off.
I still just somehow think he looks way cooler as a ten year old.

Also his jeans and top are WAAAY more of a tighter fit as an adult, that's the main thing for me, now that I think about it. He somehow looks broader as a 10 year old because of it. It's weird.

Not much of a Pokémon fan, so it could just be nostalgia, but Red has always had one of my favourite character designs in general.

-------

Now for another KH ****post because this one is too good

"KIDS ARE CRUEL, AQUA

JUST LIKE THE GOOD OL' DAYS OF THE KEYBLADE WAR"

Litten's line might now be my favorite pokemon of all time. Sorry Nidoking

Everyone complaining about old members, and that's fair they all sucked. . .but I miss that oni333 guy.

He was pretty cool.

:061:

D

Deleted member

I guess I'm somewhat late to this but I only got a chance to post now
Anyways, thoughts:
Starter evos:
Weird to see Decidueye replace the Flying type for Ghost, after all, Rowlett was the first starter since Bulbasaur to have a secondary typing. Regains the Electric resistance, loses the Poison weakness and gains two new immunities. Spirit Shackle looks like an interesting move and I love its attack animation

Next is Incineroar, its animations make it look really cool. Another Fire/Dark, was Houndoom or last one of those or am I just forgetting someone? Also, yay, first Gen 7 Dark type Pokemon, I'm not using it but it's good to know there is at least /ONE/. Darkest Lariat is basically Dark!Sacred Sword, though I doubt it'll have as much BP. Incineroar got the best signature move though.

Finally, Primarina and the diamonds, and oh my god he looks so pretty in action. Water/Fairy is the typing of my redemption. Sparkling Aria sounds underwhelming unless it has enough BP to compensate or if it works like Wake-Up Slap and it doubles power if the opponent has such status. Pls learn Will-O Wisp

Overall, I think this Gen has my favorite starter trio, I like all of them a lot and there's none I'm indifferent towards or that I just hate completely

Tapus:
Surprised Bulu is Grass/Fairy, but I like all of them. All have one of the 3 Terrains from XY and the new Psychic Terrain, good to see GF is expanding on it, though now I fear Thunder Tapu Koko+Politoed in Doubles
And does Guardian of Alola takes out 75% of the total or current HP?

I'm assuming Battle Tree is the Battle Frontier of this gen, just hope they don't ruin such good premise with boring generic NPC battles.
I'm assuming the future Pokemon League has nothing to do with Battle Tree but I'm not sure, can anyone clear this up to me?

Also, it seems Triple and Rotation Battles are being cut
Which is actually pretty disappointing to know, even if they weren't used much, they were still fun and unique.

D

Deleted member

Litten's line might now be my favorite pokemon of all time. Sorry Nidoking

Everyone complaining about old members, and that's fair they all sucked. . .but I miss that oni333 guy.

He was pretty cool.

>"They all sucked."
>Goes on to contradict himself by saying that one of that same group of people was cool.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

How did you do it?
Dex Nav Chaining (Zorua) and Masuda Method (Froakie)...that's about all I bothered cuz it takes too long...

---

With regards to Decidueye's....I know I'm basically beating a dead owl at this point but...

In addition to the reference in marksmanship and archery but one of the Owlman's most notable features are its glowing red eyes...Barn Owls at times appear to have glowing red eyes at night due to the reflected light...
Decidueye also has red eyes and its name refereces this notable feature...

However that won't really make people like the name any better since its their opinion...I don't think its a bad name myself however, but I think its far better than Robinhoot, Robingroot, whatever people have been calling it...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Also, it seems Triple and Rotation Battles are being cut
Which is actually pretty disappointing to know, even if they weren't used much, they were still fun and unique.
If that's true, I suppose it might have something to do with the fact that those battles almost always lag in game. I mean, have you seen how ridiculously high poly most of the Pokemon models are, especially for a 3DS game?

Come to think of it, has it been confirmed yet that Sun and Moon takes advantage of the New 3DS CPU clock when played on that console?

Last edited:
>"They all sucked."
>Goes on to contradict himself by saying that one of that same group of people was cool.
I'm a heel nothing I say needs to make sense.

As long as at the end someone gets hit with a steel chair nothing else matters.
And your face is looking like it needs to take a seat.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When I think of the name "Decidueye"

The word that comes to mind is "Harsh". It's a Cacophony.

It's name is extremely harsh and inharmonious

It's not a pleasant word to say. It's also not pleasant to look at.

Quite frankly, I find it's Japanese name to be more cleaver and better to say. Combining Juniper and Sniper.

Sniper in itself would flow better as a pun, such as "Sniperoot"

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I heard from my sis that she saw some peeps going "What? Fire/Dark? Man I would of liked Fire/fighting more"

The poke fandom are nothing but kids who ask for gummy bears because they are sick of gummy worms, they get the gummy bears and then say gummy worms are better
You can't expect everyone of a fandom to agree to a certain thing. Some people like Fire/Fighting. Others are sick of it. That's just human nature. And don't get me wrong- Fire/Fighting is a good typing. But I as an individual, not speaking for the fandom, am still quite done with Fire/Fighting-Types, and I'm glad Inferneroar isn't another one.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm guessing since it's called "The Scoop", Gabby and Ty will be involved.
I was thinking this to, or at the very least the events are being streamed live to the world and covered by Mosdeep since it's taken by the space center's cameras.
Yeah, because as we all know, Youtubers are the highest form of authority.
They are now that Vine is gone
:troll:

How did you do it?
I hunt quite a lot. Currently focused on other games though atm.

Favorite method is probably safari. Get a lanturn and some encounter O power and it's usually easy.

Masuda I do on occasion but I usually don't hatch shinys until a lot of eggs in. For that it's a flame body user, hatching o power and a cycle around the battle island.

Hordes are pretty easy to. Just get a sweet scenter and you are good.

Dexnav and pokeradar are good to, but I don't do them often. I like going for competitive shinys.
Both are simple to do as long as you know how they work.

So Mario Run is pretty much giving you a demo while free.

RIP

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I gotta say, the old trainers coming to, I think, help build the Pokémon League is an awesome idea. I really like Decidueye's name and the way he looks. I'm glad Inceneroar is Fire/Dark and not Fighting. Primarina is the only one I don't care about very much. It's cool but not my style of Pokémon. Never been a water starter person myself anyways.

Red looks amazing and him and Blue getting along and being friends is awesome. Cynthia looks sly too.

This game is huge and it's honestly the first Pokémon game I've been excited for pretty much ever. Usually I just play through them for fun when they come out and think nothing of it. But damn this game looks good.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
What were your strategies with those two methods?
Well I had a Japanese Ditto to breed with a Protean Froakie with decent IVs...still ended up being Torrent X|...
Pretty sure you simply need to breed with a pokemon from a different region to do the method...also was handy having a Flame Body Talonflame...

For DexNav I forgot the exact method but I think you have to chain with the DexNav only (no other wild encounters or trainer battles) and you have to catch or faint every wild encounter you get with the DexNav to keep the chain...running from the battle and scaring the pokemon breaks the chain...
I remember using a Synchronize Gardevoir to try to obtain the correct nature and I had a False Swiper to make it easier to catch...though the shiny I eventually got had Memento (according to the DexNav) so I was forced to Master Ball it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom