• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
So can we talk about how Ash and Red exist together in the same game? Or is that just a thing that only excites me or has happened before?

Not too excited for Ghost type Robinroot (Can't spell it's new name :p), as possible Acrobatics loses STAB, but it's still cool.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The Prismarina move probably works like Smellingsalts or Wake up Slap.
doubled BP when it cures the ailment.
Combined with Serene Grace Scald? It'd be a nightmare.
If such happens to be the case, already that would be an effective counter to Pokemon who use the Flame Orb, like Pokemon with Guts, Flare Boost or Magic Guard Psychoshift Sigilyph.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sorry, I wasnt aware you made the games. Oh

Also, besides KH, Disney has video games
So Goku gets a free pass?

Sprit Bomb as a Final Smash would be hype. All of our hype collected into one concentrated attack.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Also one completely irrelevant to everyone thing I noticed.

Decidueye has 3 fingers in each hand, just like real birds.
Same for Beltigre Incineroar and tigers.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Also one completely irrelevant to everyone thing I noticed.

Decidueye has 3 fingers in each hand, just like real birds.
Same for Beltigre Incineroar and tigers.
Its a good thing Decidueye has an odd number of fingers because I have dank angry TF2 Sniper Memes to make. :4villager:
Facing a Evasive x6 Jolteon. Lord have mercy.
And continuing on from this yes it beat me. GF needs to nerf evasion moves really badly. A good nerf is to only allow evasion to be buffed ONCE. Not SIX TIMES. *angry huff*

Chrono.

Hey I just realized.

This is the first time they showed ALL the Island names, and Derrick from GameXplain had basically called them to a T months ago.

Props to him.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Its a good thing Decidueye has an odd number of fingers because I have dank angry TF2 Sniper Memes to make. :4villager:

And continuing on from this yes it beat me. GF needs to nerf evasion moves really badly. A good nerf is to only allow evasion to be buffed ONCE. Not SIX TIMES. *angry huff*
Or we remove them entirely as the only person who'd miss it is verlis and nothing of value would be lost

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just what we needed, more talk of having non-gaming characters in Smash.

As if the furry abomination didn't piss me off this morning chewing on cords.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Or we remove them entirely as the only person who'd miss it is verlis and nothing of value would be lost
...or this. :4megaman:

GF is on a pretty okay roll so far in terms of balancing, so maybe they'll be dealt with in a future title. But just ignoring them is not the answer. And that's basically all they've done is pretend they don't exist.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Changed the typing of my Miteh region Muk, Gabite and Garchomp. Muk is now Ice/Water and Gabite and Garchomp are Dragon/Steel.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
...or this. :4megaman:

GF is on a pretty okay roll so far in terms of balancing, so maybe they'll be dealt with in a future title. But just ignoring them is not the answer. And that's basically all they've done is pretend they don't exist.
They're still doing dumb things tbh. Battle Royales ending when someone gets wiped out? Why not just copy Duncankneedeep's Free For All style? He's usually involved with VGC iirc and he certainly wouldn't mind. And their response to timer stall doesn't really work. For those who don't know, timer stalling is when you wait till the last possible second to make your move, wasting the battle timer away. They tried to fix this with both players having their own timers, and you lose if your personal timer ends. What GF forgot is that the opponent can choose a stalling pokemon that doesn't have too many weaknesses, forcing the other player to think about how to deal with the problem if they can, wasting THEIR own timer just because someone used a specific strategy

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Trailer review time!
-Did not expect Decidueye to drop the Flying typing, but I think it's a good choice here as Grass/Ghost gives it a lot more flexibility in its offensive and defensive options (especially since its Flying moves will likely carry over). Design-wise, it looks great in motion and I love the little animation it has for when it goes to sleep, its signature move also looks pretty cool and I think it'll have a practical use in trapping opponents that may try to switch out on you.
-Incineroar has started to grow on me since I saw its model, but seeing it in animation really caused me to fall in love with it as it has so much personality to it. It feels so alive in how it interacts with the player and I honestly am glad I decided to give it a chance once I saw the model.
-Primarina also looks pretty good, I do like the serene nature it gives off. Its signature move is a bit meh, but I could maybe see it have some use in Doubles.
-Cosmog is cute, I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it in the story.
-The Tapus I really like their descriptions, they vary from being very helpful creatures to being very cruel in their own right (looking at you Lele), it makes them stand out a bit from each other in personality and not become so homogenous. Typing-wise, I'm disappointed that Fini and Bulu weren't Ghost/Fairy and Fire/Fairy as speculated, especially the latter since that's a typing I was really excited to see happen.
-I love the idea of the Battle Tree, it seems to be a mix between the PWT and Tower/Subway/Maison facilities, but it seems like it'll be a lot of fun to mess around with since you'll come into contact with fan-favorite characters from across the generations. I'm looking forward to seeing who's going to appear, though I feel the Champions at least will be a safe bet.
-Really interesting to see that Red and Blue have grown up so much, it really gives these games a sense of continuity with each other. Their new designs also look pretty good, as it keeps their old charm while also evolving it into adults.

He's more Tweener than Heel.

In the same description, it says he sometimes attacks the trainers and the crowd hates it

True. Although of it did, he would be in his 30s.

Also that means that since XY or Black/White 1&2, there was a timeline split that really affected it now since Red is crazy older but Wally from ORAS looks the same despite back in the Gen 3, RSE & FRLG took place at the same time but now it look like it doesn't
I think Wally's appearance here is going to be non-canon, at least as far as his visual age is concerned.

ORAS took place before XY and BW at the very least as there were a few elements in those games that showed that they predated them such as the Royal Unova being built, Mr. Bonding, and Looker (who can be argued to predate DPPt, but we know very little about his amnesia). Yet we have a couple elements in Sun/Moon that show that clearly a good amount of time has passed since XY, such as Dexio and Sina who do at least look like they've aged a few years. So considering Wally was ten at best in ORAS, he should at least be a teenager by now and show some differences between then and now, yet Sun/Moon has him use the exact same appearance and model that he did in ORAS. So more then likely his appearance being the same is more a product of GF reusing his model for ease of development similar to what happened with the PWT and characters like Red, not to say anything about its placement in the timeline.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
They're still doing dumb things tbh. Battle Royales ending when someone gets wiped out? Why not just copy Duncankneedeep's Free For All style? He's usually involved with VGC iirc and he certainly wouldn't mind. And their response to timer stall doesn't really work. For those who don't know, timer stalling is when you wait till the last possible second to make your move, wasting the battle timer away. They tried to fix this with both players having their own timers, and you lose if your personal timer ends. What GF forgot is that the opponent can choose a stalling pokemon that doesn't have too many weaknesses, forcing the other player to think about how to deal with the problem if they can, wasting THEIR own timer just because someone used a specific strategy
What can I say? You can't expect a kid to catch a ball right every time. I stand more so to the fact they're showing improvement rather then destruction, which BW nearly did. Give them time- these things may be resolved.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Time to post my thoughts:

Final evolution starters hype! Just like how my opinion on Kommo-o improved after watching gameplay footage of it, my opinion on Incineroar improved after I saw its animations in action. It's still my least favorite of the three starters, but I no longer dislike it. I really like its mannerisms in the way it acts. I'm pretty glad it didn't turn out to be Fire/Fighting.

Decidueye has been growing on me these past few months, but with today's reveal, seeing its animations really made me like the Pokemon. Surprised it turned out to be Grass/Ghost, but that's better typing that Grass/Flying, so I'll take it. I like the aesthetics in its signature move, and it even has a pretty neat effect. Primarina truly looks gorgeous in its 3D animations, already solidifying my love for this Pokemon. I find its signature move interesting in that it removes the Burn condition from foes, but after reading the Pokemon's description, it makes sense.

In all, these starters will probably go down as one of my favorites in all the generations, in terms of the three together. I like Decidueye and Primarina equally with Incineroar being my least favorite, but I can now say I have a favorable opinion on Incineroar.

I'm surprised they revealed the other Tapus this soon. The trailer confirms the GameXplain theory regarding the names of the rest of the islands. I like Tapu Fini the most of the three revealed; now that we have a better look at its design, I gotta say it looks really nice. Tapu Lele follows after it, with Tapu Bulu being my least favorite of the Alola Guardians (the buffed appearance doesn't appeal to me that much). Despite this, Tapu Bulu interests me for the fact it could be the Island Souvenir long hyped about (its Tiki design resembles a human head quite a bit). I really wish we got to see how the other Guardians looked like in their Tiki forms in the trailer. Their Z-move looks pretty cool too, and I can't wait to see how they'll impact the competitive environment thanks to their new abilities.

Not much to say about Cosmog, though I'm interested to learning more about how Aether Foundation has been researching it. Some source yesterday mentioned that Cosmog is the Pokemon was the Pokemon in Lillie's bag. Putting the pieces together, I guess this might imply Lillie really is connected with the Aether Foundation in some way.

And it looks we'll gain access to the Alola Pokemon League in the postgame. I'm betting the Kahunas will turn into the Elite Four, but that's just me.

And the Battle Tree, Cynthia is coming back. That's cool, and so is... hold on... WALLY? WALLY IS COMING BACK! OMG YES! MY FAVORITE RIVAL IS RETURNING! HE STILL HAS HIS GALLADE! YES! YES! YES!

^That was my reaction to Wally's reveal in that trailer. So happy he made a return! Looks like we're going to be dealing with that monstrous Smogon-style team again, complete with that awesome Mega Gallade. He even looks a bit older, but I guess I got that impression from looking at his face. I'm literally going to be playing Wally's theme all day today to celebrate this joyous day. I'm really interested in hearing a Sun/Moon remix of it once I get to battle him.

And Red and Green will return too? Heck yes! I like the new designs on both of them, but I prefer Red's in-game sprite to his official art. You can tell both trainers really grew up. Who wants to bet Red's Pikachu will be even higher-levee than it was in HG/SS?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Gonna go morbid for a moment, but I really hope the fact that Red and Blue aged doesn't mean Oak is dead at this point. Though even if he's still alive...Agatha and Blaine are other big question marks. :/

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I bought Neptunia Re;Birth 1 for full price on Steam yesterday, and Re;Birth 3 just had to go on sale today.

Have mercy, I'm a poor man. ;-;

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So I just watched Don't Hug Me I'm Scared. (Yeah I know I'm late on this but hey, better now than never!)
And...
It is weird that I like everything about it? Especially the "nightmare" scene?
Like I have already new ideas now for my story.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Gonna go morbid for a moment, but I really hope the fact that Red and Blue aged doesn't mean Oak is dead at this point. Though even if he's still alive...Agatha and Blaine are other big question marks. :/
Red looks like he's 10 years older so Agatha or Blaine may now be dead in canon.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
His cousin can't be that much older than him... I'd say he's just really old.

Probably asking nurses in his retirement home if they're a boy or a girl. :p

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's possible, but I don't know if they'd go that route. It seems to be a pretty big time skip, like around 10yrs so anything is possible. They might gloss over the other characters.

It be interesting if they did mention if they were alive or not.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
People in Japan live long lives, that said. I don't think we should be worrying about their deaths when we don't even know their canonical ages.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm not worrying about Oak being alive or not.

His memory, on the other hand...
That was long gone by Red and Blue.

The guy researched Pokémon all his life but couldn't remember anything about them, leaving the Dex blank, and had to be reminded of his own grandson's name. :p

D

Deleted member

Speedwagon died guys, he is now in with Bonzy Buddy and the Non-Hybrid NX rumors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What's so great about Blaine?
He's heavily implied to have been at least partially responsible for the creation of Mewtwo, if not outright confirmed to be, in most canons, making him of interest to people.

Though personally I think Agatha is interesting as well since she knew Oak supposedly from childhood.

...I just realized at this point Mr. Fuji is probably able to see Cubone's mother again. :(

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
He's heavily implied to have been at least partially responsible for the creation of Mewtwo, if not outright confirmed to be, in most canons, making him of interest to people.

Though personally I think Agatha is interesting as well since she knew Oak supposedly from childhood.

...I just realized at this point Mr. Fuji is probably able to see Cubone's mother again. :(
Oh I thought there was something else about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom