• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Im too depressed to even bother with class today

At least the stuff from pokemon center shipped so thats a thing
Not going to class? Unless you're sick I wouldn't say that's the best choice to have made, especially if you're spending a lot of money each semester.

Let me know how the Pokemon Center works out shipping/packing-wise, I'm probably going to order another Sugimori frame come my next paycheck. What did you buy?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
IT'S

DAT

BOI

One step closer to Sora in Dissidia...

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Not going to class? Unless you're sick I wouldn't say that's the best choice to have made, especially if you're spending a lot of money each semester.

Let me know how the Pokemon Center works out shipping/packing-wise, I'm probably going to order another Sugimori frame come my next paycheck. What did you buy?
Oh I am in class, Im just not feeling it. I forced myself to come to class

I got some toys for me and my sister. The toys I get are in good condition and packed good. I need to buy a cup or something from them one day to see how those ship but so far, all the toys I got from them are great. good designs, no loose fabric, its all neat

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Also check out Red's shirt.

It has the number 96 on there

Reference to Pokémon being first released in 1996

Holy **** that trailer

Incineroar and Popplio final look AMAZING in action. Absolutely in love with Incineroar and definitely ignoring the haloween avi to rep him. Now I just need him in smash and it wold be perfection.

Battle Tree immediately made me think of Mt Battle the way it's paths are setup. Except this time with bosses and still has double battles (sort of) so it's super awesome.

Trailer rating
Inciniroar for smash and everything got weird/10
:061:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
User was warned for this post
????????!!!!!

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
????????!!!!!

Is that a Hercules world?

????????!!!!!

Mother****ing Mt. Olympus. Was a little worried we might not see the world again after so many appearances but I was wrong as hell

Incinieroar, other awesome poke-news and 2 cool Kingdom Hearts things. Usually my days dont start out this well.:shades:

Chrono.

????????!!!!!

I don't care what anyone says.

Olympus Colosseum is always great fun. Really glad to see it's back and looking better.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't care what anyone says.

Olympus Colosseum is always great fun. Really glad to see it's back and looking better.
It was confirmed already. This is just a new area of it.

The World is officially "Mount Olympus" this time. You have the whole mountain down in the "Earthly" realm, but you can explore Olympus itself too.

And I assume the Coliseum will be there too.

Now all they need to do is confirm the Underworld.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They just showed a new CGI trailer for KH 2.8 and it was amazing.

Also 1.5/2.5 on PS4 are confirmed to run all of the games at 60 FPS.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far the confirmed worlds for Kingdom Hearts 3 are Mt. Olympus, Kingdom of Corona, and San Fransokyo, right? Or did I miss one?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far the confirmed worlds for Kingdom Hearts 3 are Mt. Olympus, Kingdom of Corona, and San Fransokyo, right? Or did I miss one?
Twilight Town is also confirmed.

Also "Cable Town", but we don't know what that is yet.

Destiny Islands and The Land of Departure are also confirmed in at least a cutscene capacity.

Twilight town

I mean TECHNICALLY it could be some hologram or a dream or some bull**** but i doubt that.

EDIT I see the Sonic has not left chikolad

Last edited:

Chrono.

So the official KH Twitter account said to "look forward to other collaborative projects".

Dissidia, anyone?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Primarina is a pretty name that matches this majestic siren seal well.

I can't be any happier this morning.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Welp, time to analyze this trailer and treat it as I normally would if the datamine hadn't existed:

I did not except at all for Rowlet's final evolution (Decidueye) to become a Grass/Ghost type. As people have said, that saves it from a 4x weakness to Ice and grants us our first Ghost type starter. Pretty cool! Also, that signature move is awesome; Mean Look that does damage (would be great for capturing evenly leveled Shiny Pokemon). :p

It's a relief that Litten's final evolution (Incineroar) is Fire/Dark as predicted and not Fire/Fighting. Plus, its animations/poses in battle give it a very unique personality in my view and makes it look better then in the leaked concept art (allow me to add that wink it gives you when you feed it a Poke-bean is amazing). Pretty nice signature move if Incineroar wants to ignore being growled or snarled at. HIS OPPONENTS SHALL KNOW FEAR! :laugh:

And finally, Popplio's final evolution (Primarina), who is my planned choice. Good to see that it is Water/Fairy (first Fairy type starter to add on), and it really does seem to fight with grace and style. My only issue is its signature move; why would you want a move that heals an opponent's burns? With the possible exception of saving a Pokemon that you accidentally burned and wanted to catch at low health? I could see it having use in double battles when it has a teammate that gets burned (if it really heals anyone's burns), but it otherwise might just be a powerful move I will rely on when the opponent is not burned.

So we now have the three remaining island guardians, huh?

Starting off with Tapu Lele of Akala Island, it has retained its Psychic/Fairy typing as many have predicted (along with having a nice design) and even has a unique terrain move centered around it. Based off its functions, Dark type moves will never work, and as an added bonus, the battlefield gets weird. :crazy:
Being serious though, Psychic Terrain will be very useful in hindering Pokemon that rely on Knock Off/Pursuit or just Dark type Pokemon in general.

Next, we have Tapu Bulu of Ula'ula Island. However... I did not expect it to be Grass/Fairy; I was for sure thinking it would be Fire/Fairy. Guess Nature's Wrath got to Bulu, huh? :estatic:
Moving on, seems like it passively gains Grassy Terrain on the battlefield, which is pretty nice in powering up Grass types and getting off some healing (even though this also applies to the opponent). Certain Ground type moves like Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude become useless as their damages are halved, so not bad.

And finally, we have Tapu Fini, who I assume is the rumored Dolphin Pokemon from all those leaks before the datamine ever happened. Strangely enough, its not Ghost Fairy as many predicted; it's Water/Fairy instead, the same as Primarina. It's also got Misty Surge, which allows it to automatically gain Misty Terrain in battle (which is Fairy themed). Non-volatile moves such as Yawn fail and don't work here, and you can't use Rest either. Plus, Dragon types get treated the same way Ground types do in Grassy terrain, so expect them to be wished away into oblivion. :p

We also learn that all the island guardians share the same Z-Move; Guardian of Alola. This move causes a giant headless figure with arms and legs (the head being that of the island guardian) to come out of the ground and crush the enemy, which damages the target for 75% of its total health, it seems. The animation from the trainer looks so hilarious, though; it's as if they want someone dead with them smashing their palm on their other hand so fiercely. XD

So Cosmog is now a thing, huh? I still do wonder if its a pre-evolution for Solgaleo/Lunaala, if at all. It does get the appearance right down with Lunaala, but its often associated with Solgaleo as well... the mystery continues. For now, we'll just have to wait and see.

We finally get Alolan Persian, and its unfortunately still pure Dark type (then again, Normal Meowth/Persian were both pure Normal, so...). As expected, people are calling it ugly and thinking it got stung by a bee or it swallowed one. Its supposed to have a round head due to its background; you'll eventually have to accept the fact it exists, like certain other Pokemon...
Either way, the description on the website ironically states that Alolan Persian is considered beautiful by the people of Alola and its actually very intelligent... o_o

In other news, we actually have a Pokemon League in Alola! Didn't think they'd completely abandon this long running tradition anyway. It seems to be located on Mount Lanakila (probably the mountain seen on Ula'ula Island), but that's all we know about it beyond the workers there saying it'll be awesome. Let's hope they're right.

Looks like the Battle Frontier is back in a form known as the Battle Tree that you can only fight in after you beat the Alola Pokemon League (which makes sense). But by god, CYNTHIA (yes, the caps are necessary) is back with her overpowered Garchomp, and so is Wally with his Gallade! I hope we see other returning champions/important characters!

The hugest reveal in my books, though. is the fact that Red and Blue are both back AND have aged (thus confirming Red ages compared to Ash who is stuck in an infinite time loop). Seems like they keep their original Pokemon as well (Blue with Alakazam, Red with Pikachu), so that's a nice touch. :)

Overall, really nice trailer even after the whole data-mine craze from a week ago! Hope to see more news in the coming days.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So I looked up the Island Guardian names, because they were based on Hawaiian words.

"Lele" means to fly/soar through the air.
"Koko" means rainbow coloured.
"Fini" apparently means hell.

Couldn't find anything for Bulu.

Please don't speak of such horrors. :p
Remember when people used to scoff at the idea of Cloud in Smash? :p Look where we are.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
So I looked up the Island Guardian names, because they were based on Hawaiian words.

"Lele" means to fly/soar through the air.
"Koko" means rainbow coloured.
"Fini" apparently means hell.

Couldn't find anything for Bulu.

Remember when people used to scoff at the idea of Cloud in Smash? :p Look where we are.
That's why the Donald Duck Dream is never dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom