• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, today is interesting.

As of today, I have become a Moderator of the Nintenzone. That said, I visit the thread often and can see simply spam and such pretty quickly. However, I also cannot do this over a phone and tend to work from mornings to the afternoon. (It's about 5 PM for me right now)

Anyway, glad to be of service to you all and I'll try my best to keep this section high-quality/within the rules.
Congratulations!

So... you're basically a Spam Canceller now?

D

Deleted member

It's not so much a hypothetical as it is a thought experiment showing that a principle must be applied consistently if it's to be a principle, and helping to explain what that principle is. It seems you've misunderstood what I meant by "fully informed," though. When it's plainly obvious someone is just making something up to escape an obligation, that wouldn't be considered legitimate grounds to back out of a contract. On the other hand, it should be fairly obvious, one can easily get testimony from neighbors as to whether someone actually holds a position, when someone has a personal objection and is being truthful about it.

The contention you're making is that civil society can't be trusted to root out the people who give bad reasons for their denial, and so government must compulse them. On the contrary, it's a statist wet dream that we can trust government when civil society fails, as Herr Mises says: "If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.” Though things may be bad, the idea that a bureaucratic institution can force anyone to behave virtuously is a ridiculous notion. Civil society; communities, churches, charities, associations, and the individual himself, is what makes a person virtuous or vile. Politics is generally downstream from culture, so what bureaucratization does is give inertia cultural norms. It (usually) cannot change cultural norms by use of force, and will only create more resentment, unrest, and hatred, just like it did in the South after the Civil War.

Because of all this, I forward that society would be much better off if there was no public access at all, as in all things were privately owned. Why? Because, at best, governments imitate a virtuous society and, at worst, suppress good change by bureaucratization of bad social norms. Governments force everyone to abide by those rules, and if the government simply didn't have the power to impose such rules then the choice would be left to the individual. It then follows that at least some virtuous people in an otherwise morally corrupt society would be allowed to open their drinking fountains and banks and other establishments to whomever is being discriminated against, and start to overtake the others because of the incredible boon their business gets. In fact, when left alone, this is what blacks did in the South: they made their own enclaves and restaurants and investment firms and grew prosperous because they practiced their own discrimination and catered to themselves, and supported those who would support them. That's what makes the community strong, its power to rise above and compete with other communities rather than having to come begging for work and services. And rise it did, until it was all demolished by laws and programs such as The Great Society. Discrimination goes both ways; society isn't one huge, monolithic entity (as opposed to the state / government, which has monopoly on the use of force), and that's a far better situation than forcing people which, again, creates resentment and hatred and breaks down civil discourse. In a virtuous society, the bad actors would simply be boycotted out of existence, would otherwise be inconsequential, or be converted through reason to the truth (for, that which is true is good, and that which is true has all the best arguments) of liberty and harmonious civil society.

No matter what way one puts it, it seems that liberty, consistently applied, comes out on top.
Yes, but a major problem with that is that assumes that most people are intellectual and know what exactly they're doing and won't pull some unjust BS. Especially with 200 million people in a country, and which most people are pretty lazy and not capable of living in a completely libertarian society, that's one of the reasons why gov. exists, most people are follows and want to be lead, even if you get rid of it's going to come back, it'd only work effectively in a world where the human mind doesn't have people who lead and people who follow, everyone would have to be on the same playing field, which is never the case. It assumes that everyone is so generous and will surely do the right, intellectual thing.

There's a reason why government exists, there has to be some kind of government in order to there to even be a country, otherwise you get people that form factions to rise to power anyway, once again, there being a government. The best you can do is to make sure that your government is as balanced as possible. The government isn't one big entity, is a very complicate system of checks and balances, and very specific laws.
And yeah, yeah, discrimination goes both ways, I know that, but I'd rather not have anyone discriminated, I don't care if they're a natzi or a jew, if they're not causing any harm then it's pointless for them to be discriminated against at all. Yes, many black people did prosper in parts across the country, but that wasn't in the south where most of them got lynched and were discriminated things like basic voting rights, the laws came into effect for a reason.

There's no such thing as a government that's not with some kind of force. It needs reform from the corruption it is now, yes.(Especially when the government spends money on useless things such as billion dollar jets we never use.) But the best we can do is to make sure it is fair and logical as possible. There's no such thing as an utopia, yes, but government is very important. Most things you rely on and pay for in your taxes, the internet itself is even a gov. funded project. And paying taxes is suppose to get you required things such as roads, buildings, and schools. Hell, firefighters, police, and military. What needs to be done is to make sure the government is actually productive, unlike it is right now. It's also nice to actually get along with people regardless who they are based on actual qualities they can present rather than childish prejudices, that's how you intoxicate your own country where only ONE group reigns, just the majority, but it's not the gov., so it's okay for them to use even more so force.(Even though they play the same role.) Which, by the way, would also be some intellectuals, but mostly people who solely follow, that's part of human nature.

TLDR; Freedom is very important, but so are protections and regulations, which SHOULD be the primary goal of the government, though sadly it isnt.(Though again, there's many branches that play many different roles.) Keeping its own people well while also making sure it's country is stable. Anti discrimination laws are part of the whole protecting its people part.

Not to say that libertarian ideals has no place at all in gov., it just shouldn't be the ENTIRE system, just like any idealology, that leads to quite terrible things. Hell, I considered myself libertarian before I thought about the extremes of it, much like any other system. Though much of this goes more so with anarchist rather than libertarian, libertarian is much more so trading in big government with big business if we were to get rid of the government so much, one of the things they do after all is cancel out business monopoly.

Hell, we probably agree, I'm just throwing the most extreme I can of out their. :p I mean, you did mention contracts and such, so there must be some form of regulation.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The main reason though is that people didn't believe we'd get only one of the three starters in a gen as playable, before it was Pokemon Trainers or nothing, so since Greninja (and Charizard) people support individual ones. People like precedence. So they're going with the most popular one, not just due to Greninja but due to Charizard as well.
I was actually one of the few that believed that if Pokémon Trainer was going to be cut, we'd get Charizard solo.

Not because of Starter logic or anything like that (because Greninja was not one I was willing to bet on)....

but because it's ****in' CHARIZARD.

So It bothers me to see people using him for such logic as for Pokémon completely unrelated to him such as Robingroot.

EDIT: Aside from that, you completely missed my point about Greninja not being picked because of popularity, didn't you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I'm not convinced we'll get a Gen 7 character but if we do I don't see who else it would be other than Owlmon.

No Lucario/Zoroark equivalent nor Mewtwo/Deoxys/Genesect deal that we know of yet.
What about Megearna? She was the first 7th gen Pokemon shown and had a big role in a movie like Lucario and Zoroark.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I was actually one of the few that believed that if Pokémon Trainer was going to be cut, we'd get Charizard solo.

Not because of Starter logic or anything like that (because Greninja was not one I was willing to bet on)....

but because it's ****in' CHARIZARD.

So It bothers me to see people using him for such logic as for Pokémon completely unrelated to him such as Robingroot.

EDIT: Aside from that, you completely missed my point about Greninja not being picked because of popularity, didn't you?
Yeah, I figured we'd get Charizard solo too. It felt obvious due to who he is.

That said, please calm just a tad. You don't need to swear at others. Thank you. :)

Congratulations!

So... you're basically a Spam Canceller now?
I'm getting ready to change my name, but... yes, yes I am. :awesome:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Just a reminder- later, we're getting Pokémon Sun & Moon information. Get... Kinda hyped, I guess? Hey at least we'll learn some of the unrevealed Pokémon's typings/abilities. That's hype., right? Right?

...****ing leak...

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I want to see more Ultra Beasts in action; with music and Swolesquito wrecking your team.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Speaking of...

I am aware that the new Pokemon information is coming soon. Typically, I work around that time. So I'm going to ask that when it comes up, to try and not spam any "hype images". I'll be more lenient about the smaller posts(as in with little content), but don't over do it, please.

Likewise, don't forget to put very large images in spoilers.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The final badge of the Johto region is now mine. Vaporeon and Ampharos were key Pokémon in Clair's defeat. Vaporeon's Nevermeltice-boosted Aurora Beam took care of all but Kingdra itself. Vaporeon dropped to Dragon Pulse. Ampharos then avenged him with Thunder Wave, Charge, then a OHKO Discharge. Good game.

A note on listed Pokémon- I'm not going to list my HMons. I always rollout with 4 Pokémon until the Elite Four. So here's my final badge team.
Pokémon|Level
:157:-38
:181:-36
:178:-36
:134:-37
---
So now I'm off to the Elite Four after some training.

D

Deleted member

Plot twist: Sakurai adds one of the Ultra Beasts inatead of a Pokemon in Smash Switch
Chaos ensues

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Serebii said:
The official Japanese Twitter has just revealed the final starter evolutions for Pokémon Sun & Moon. These match the leaks that were released back in June and showcase them in new poses that hadn't been seen. The Grass starter is known in Japan as Junaibaa, the Fire as Gaogaen and the Water as Asirene. Unfortunately, any secondary types have yet to be revealed but be sure to check back.

And so it begins. *chuckles*

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh man that Fire Starter I've never seen before totally is ugly

Unlike that awesome grass starter I've never seen before. All with his awesome bow

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wonder if this means they'll show the final stages in the trailer today and someone jumped the gun.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Honestly I think we are going to get more than most expect, especially if Smash Switch is announced for 2018.

I don't think a lot if people including me expected Smash4 to have as many and as diverse characters as it ended up having, even pre-DLC.

As for my predictions:
Inklings and Ice Climbers.

Can't predict any more until we know if its Smash 5 or Smash 4.5... and if Retros or other companies new IPs become a success, if they exist.

But I said it before and Ill say it again, any character could get in given enough time and effort. Having hope for certain seemingly very unlikely characters worked for me in my favour. Of course, I didn't get everyone I wanted but thats okay.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
If Robin Hoot used trick arrows, I might be in favor of it.

I'd still prefer Sceptile though.
Why though
Sceptile's only ticket to fame is the fact he can use the previously unused Grass-type moves and that he has a Smashish build.

Robin Hoot has Grass-type moves, Sceptiles agility but with the added benefit of having a bird motif and a Bow and Arrow

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really suck at Sim Life

I can't keep herbivores alive enough to feed carnivores

Tried everything. Gave it a high birth rate with low gestation time, made them hermaphrodites, made it so they can eat ANYTHING except meat.

Nada, keep dying off

Chrono.

Monster Hunter Direct just finished.

They announced Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for the 3DS.

It's got 6 main monsters (the previous 4 + a new Diablos and some black and red wyvern with jet thrusters in its wings)

6 Hunter Styles (the previous 4 + Brave Style and a yet to be revealed style)

"Nyanters" are a thing, playable Felynes basically (not sure if they were a thing in X).

It comes out March 18th.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
New trailer for the Sun and Moon anime:

Why is Tapu Koko stealing Ash's hat? lol

And today's episode of XY&Z had a pretty big moment from what I've heard. I'll have to wait a few hours and see if it's true.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
If that "something else" from Retro magically turns out to be a proper Kid Icarus Uprising sequel.....I'd take that over 2 proper Metroid games and a DKCR. :p

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Burruni

Smash Hero
Personally, I feel that he's not gonna be the marketed one.

I think the Litten line is gonna be that.
Honestly I've felt the same.
But my grounds has largely been the, supposed for the anime, arts that got leaked back in like june/july.

In comparison to the other two, it seemed to have the most... "doodles" for details.
And the only one of the three implied to be used BY ash in its final stage, if the Mallow kettle sketch is anything to go by.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Damn son.

Serena kissed Ash lol
Just watched that scene.

Today is a great day to be an Amourshipper!

Might as well link that big kiss scene for all to see:

I mean, look at Clemont, Bonnie, and Pikachu's reaction. It's priceless!

And here we all were praising Mallow for going a step further than what Serena did. Sorry Mallow, but grabbing Ash's hand and guiding him around school is NOTHING compared to what Serena does here.

Sure that one chick from the second movie and Bianca did it first, but they don't top what Serena does here. I'm proud of you, Serena. That kiss proves you've truly developed as a character.

While I wish she continued to travel with Ash for Alola, the kiss perfectly makes up for it!

She even tells Ash "You're my goal" during that entire scene.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Sun and Moon trailer has been released!

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Decidueye - Grass/Ghost - Spirit Shackle is basically Mean Look with damage tacked on
Incineroar - Fire/Dark - Darkest Lariat ignores stat changes
Primarina - Water/Fairy - Sparkling Aria heals burns of all targets it hits.
Tapu Lele - Psychic/Fairy - Psychic Surge
Tapu/Bulu - Grass/fairy - Grassy Surge RIP Dancing Bird typing theory.
Tapu Fini - Water/Fairy - Misty Surge HERE'S YOUR DOLPHIN

Tapus have unique Z move, Guardian of Alola

Cosmog - Psychic I think that's the Pokemon Lillie has going by previews.

You make the Pokemon League
CYNTHIA CONFIRMED.
WALLY CONFIRMED.
RED AND BLUE CONFIRMED

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom