• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I think Mickey Mouse should be prioritized before we get Donald Duck in Smash.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So I looked up the Island Guardian names, because they were based on Hawaiian words.

"Lele" means to fly/soar through the air.
"Koko" means rainbow coloured.
"Fini" apparently means hell.

Couldn't find anything for Bulu.

Remember when people used to scoff at the idea of Cloud in Smash? :p Look where we are.
To be fair Cloud was already apparently the most exacting inclusion put into Smash so far and Disney is controlling enough that it scares the people who own him. The whole "no characters not from video games" thing seems to be at least partially because of the extreme difficulty in reeling in fish bigger than the boat so to speak, and a company like Disney seems like a particularly tough thing to pursue even -if not especially- compared to what we already have.

In other news, heel kitty is great kitty. The hilarity exuding off of him is incredible.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I can see Incineroar throwing a sick promo to Hawlucha before smacking it with the mic.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
After thinking on it...now that we see them in the flesh after being officially revealed....

I like all three starters....first time I can say this since Sinnoh!!

Also its so close to have all three final forms having my three favourite types (if Primarina was a Dragon type they would be...of course obviously Dragon doesn't make as much sense as Fairy given what it is)

Also I kinda want a gif of Cynthia's reveal!! I was hoping she'd be in the game (Sinnoh remakes are looking better now) so I'm pretty hyped!!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
As someone who doesn't like Kingdom Hearts, I can't say i'm too thrilled with the idea of Sora being in Smash Bros.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I can see Incineroar throwing a sick promo to Hawlucha before smacking it with the mic.
I get the feeling they'll be bitter rivals in some capacity (although Hawlucha will have the advantage due to Incineroar's Dark typing). :p

Also, I've been meaning to ask this for quite a while now, but where is your signature from? It's so well animated that it amazes me every single time I look at it. o_o

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Now that's pretty sneaky.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Red and Green being in Sun & Moon is hype. At least characters in the Games and the Manga actually get older unlike the Anime.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
My thoughts on all the Pokémon/MH news.

-Decidueye becoming Grass/Ghost is the new best thing ever. #TeamRowlett

-The island guardians look rather cool!

-Loving adult Red and Blue. There's something about them though...

People just can't stop finding Jojo references in Pokemon SuMo. :laugh:

Good grief...

-Monster Hunter XX looks awesome! Hope there's a Switch port for it like with MH3U.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Late thoughts on the new reveals.

Thank god. THANK. GOD. Losing its Flying-Typing and being replaced by Ghost-Typing is the best thing that could of happened to Decidueye. I love how it can tighten up its hood. When it fires an Arrow Quill, notice it must also tighten its hood. I'm wondering if this enhances its vision or deters it in any way. Its signature attack is pretty cool. A damaging Mean Look is alright. Either way, I'm really loving this Pokémon, it looks like a complete badass and will hopefully have a really good HA to go with its Typing.

Holy **** Incineroar looks a hell of a lot better then I expected in the video. It seems incredibly smug yet has a form of fakeness to its personality, as if in reality its just playing the part, like wrestlers do. And just as I figured, it is a Fire/Dark-Type. Good typing. Its signature attack looks okay. It basically a Dark-Type Chip Away, so it could go over pretty well. I hope its HA gives it better fighting prowess though because it has a crap ton of weaknesses, and will need to have the ability to fight some of them. That being said, this is a really cool Pokémon and I'll ignore what it could've been and enjoy what we got because for what it is, it isn't bad.

And like a light in the darkness, Primarina becomes the Water/Fairy-Typing, which is basically one of the best typings in the game. The same cannot be said for its ability, which only heals burns. But regardless, this is a great exist out of what it was, to become possibly the second-best Water Starter ever. I'm hoping its HA is something defensive, like Solid Rock or something. Or Serene Grace because of Scald. If it learns that anyways.

Fur Coat. Okay, you win GF. But it should of became part Fairy. Anyways nothing too much to say. Its here, its beautiful, and its a direct upgrade to regular Persian in terms of combat. Moving along.

A very cute Pokémon. Obviously Story-relevant. Has the ability Unaware so basically its a cute clueless puff of smoke. Obvious connections with Lunala. Not much to say because its not much itself. Surprised the other leaked Pokémon wasn't revealed with it.
No thoughts on the Tapus other then that Tapu-Lele is the cutest of the bunch.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Also, I've been meaning to ask this for quite a while now, but where is your signature from? It's so well animated that it amazes me every single time I look at it. o_o
It is from Touhou Project.
I randomly grabbed the gif from KYM :p

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Keep non-video game characters as far away from Smash as possible please and thank you.

D

Deleted member

Monster Hunter XX? Careful capcom, your making these things dangerous to search on google. :p

Hell yes on that import save data, now I have to grind in generations again. *w* Can't wait to get out of class though so I can hear more about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I really like the Popplio line....except Popplio.
It really should have been closer to the mid evo and look less like a circus freak........and change that terrible name too.

But I digress, going to choose Litten because I like cats and final evo looks good too.
I don't know about you guys.

But I'm still rooting for SpongeBob.
Gandalf and Jack Sparrow here.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
INCINEROAR HYPE!
Shame Darkest Lariat will suck as it means it'll ignore enemy defence DROPS aswell and won't ignore it's own attack drops
If it's like Chip Away or Unaware, this isn't true.
It only ignores enemy BUFFS.

Late thoughts on the new reveals.

Thank god. THANK. GOD. Losing its Flying-Typing and being replaced by Ghost-Typing is the best thing that could of happened to Decidueye. I love how it can tighten up its hood. When it fires an Arrow Quill, notice it must also tighten its hood. I'm wondering if this enhances its vision or deters it in any way. Its signature attack is pretty cool. A damaging Mean Look is alright. Either way, I'm really loving this Pokémon, it looks like a complete badass and will hopefully have a really good HA to go with its Typing.

Holy **** Incineroar looks a hell of a lot better then I expected in the video. It seems incredibly smug yet has a form of fakeness to its personality, as if in reality its just playing the part, like wrestlers do. And just as I figured, it is a Fire/Dark-Type. Good typing. Its signature attack looks okay. It basically a Dark-Type Chip Away, so it could go over pretty well. I hope its HA gives it better fighting prowess though because it has a crap ton of weaknesses, and will need to have the ability to fight some of them. That being said, this is a really cool Pokémon and I'll ignore what it could've been and enjoy what we got because for what it is, it isn't bad.

And like a light in the darkness, Primarina becomes the Water/Fairy-Typing, which is basically one of the best typings in the game. The same cannot be said for its ability, which only heals burns. But regardless, this is a great exist out of what it was, to become possibly the second-best Water Starter ever. I'm hoping its HA is something defensive, like Solid Rock or something. Or Serene Grace because of Scald. If it learns that anyways.

Fur Coat. Okay, you win GF. But it should of became part Fairy. Anyways nothing too much to say. Its here, its beautiful, and its a direct upgrade to regular Persian in terms of combat. Moving along.

A very cute Pokémon. Obviously Story-relevant. Has the ability Unaware so basically its a cute clueless puff of smoke. Obvious connections with Lunala. Not much to say because its not much itself. Surprised the other leaked Pokémon wasn't revealed with it.
No thoughts on the Tapus other then that Tapu-Lele is the cutest of the bunch.
The Prismarina move probably works like Smellingsalts or Wake up Slap.
doubled BP when it cures the ailment.
Combined with Serene Grace Scald? It'd be a nightmare.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Monster Hunter XX? Careful capcom, your making these things dangerous to search on google. :p

Hell yes on that import save data, now I have to grind in generations again. *w* Can't wait to get out of class though so I can hear more about it.
once I hear about this new MH, Ill decide if I might get it if comes to the west

Who am I kidding, I might get it anyway

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
So based on the English and Japanese Trailers I'm starting to think Ghost got buffed and Fairy got nerfed.. Decidueye's signature ghost type move makes that Super effective sound on Alolan Raichu but it should be the neutral hit sound because Ghost hits fairy at 1x not 2X..

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So based on the English and Japanese Trailers I'm starting to think Ghost got buffed and Fairy got nerfed.. Decidueye's signature ghost type move makes that Super effective sound on Alolan Raichu but it should be the neutral hit sound because Ghost hits fairy at 1x not 2X..
Surfchu is Psychic, not Fairy
If it's like Chip Away or Unaware, this isn't true.
It only ignores enemy BUFFS.

Then they should have said 'ignores enemy stat boosts'

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Alolan Raichu is Electric-Psychic, not Fairy.

Edit: Gweninja'd

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

I love that they made it work so well.
I was about as spiteful as anyone when these three were first shown.
But I guess the joke's on us.
This may actually be the best trio of starters, rivalling Hoenn and Kanto.

D

Deleted member

I love all 3 final startes, though I'm probably going to go with Primirina.(I plan on getting all 3 though.)

I love Inceniroar, but my GF is already going with that starter line.

Decidueye's ghost typing makes it even cooler, but Primirina's water and fairy,which is a typing I find even more so useful.(Also, I just prefer Primirina because it's Primirina. :p)

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Until that's confirmed I'll reserve my judgement.

Not that it matters because Scald hits like a truck as is, and if its move set has Wish, I'm going Scald/Moonblast/Wish/Protect. Fairly certain it'll have Moonblast.

Holy **** if it has Wish... Lol... ^^;

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Surfchu is Psychic, not Fairy

Then they should have said 'ignores enemy stat boosts'
Alolan Raichu is Electric-Psychic, not Fairy.

Edit: Gweninja'd
Oh right my brain derped :facepalm: I don't know how I got it's typing confused that easily lol maybe I need to take a little nap because I didn't get that much sleep last night since I couldn't stay asleep..

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Clear trailers:

This looks amazing! My wallet's going to be sore but it will be worth it.
So the official KH Twitter account said to "look forward to other collaborative projects".

Dissidia, anyone?
Sora confirmed for Smash.
Please don't speak of such horrors. :p
No do speak of those horrors! It must happen! I was coming to say it totally means Sora in smash.

I wish...

And within an 1hr and a half outside, I went from 20 Gastly candies to 106!

Now I can get Gengar. I also got a bunch of cubone. This bonus is really awesome. I'm also one away from Nidoking, and got an Omastar by transferring an omanyte. Pretty good day for Go.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Sorry, I wasnt aware you made the games. Oh

Also, besides KH, Disney has video games
No ****. How long did it take you to figure that out?

Characters originating from a video game ≠ Characters not originating from a video game who have video games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom