• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I kind of hope whatever prescription I've gotten now fixes this sore throat that should have died over the weekend. I want to start ghost hunting on Pokemon Go this Wednesday while the new candy boosts last. **** the Zubats and Drowzees.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I still play Splatoon from time to time. It just depends on how much I'm doing stuff. Also, Squid girl gear should come back for Splatoon 2.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Portable Splatoon is the greatest ever.

Even better is that you can leave the Switch in kickstand mode and play with the Pro Controller.

Hopefully the system itself has a gyroscope inside.
I just realized there might be some. . .drawbacks. . .to that. I hope it either has a good single player mode, some kind of AI simulation of multiplayer while single player, or both then.

Barring stuff like McDonalds, most Wifi hotspots require a whole lengthy process of typing in an IP address or whatever. And that's if it isn't outright password locked and incapable of being tapped into.

No longer having to stop because you need to leave the room for whatever reason should definitely be a thing now, though.

Sometimes it feels like every weak point of Splatoon and Uprising could be solved by their taking notes from each other.

Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Champion
I wouldn't get Splatoon again just for new aesthetic customization options. I wouldn't even get it again for portability, assuming Splatoon 2 will be coming to the Switch eventually. I am, however, considering getting it again for local multiplayer, which was sorely missing from the Wii U version.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Servine, Lombre, Hitmonchan, Scolipede, Flaaffy.

I'm grinding to 30 to fight Burgh and wanted to raise one of the poll's Pokemon.
Well, you don't need Bellsprout since you already have two grass types...and that gives you another Psychic weakness

Huuuuge flying type weakness, need more than just one counter cuz you're ****** if Flaaffy goes down...
Bug type weaknesses present
Psychic type weaknesses present

Gible does get access to Rock type attacks and Crunch so you might as well...Psuedo's are always good to have in Nuzlockes and the Gible line is pretty good all the way through compared to some other psuedos...Gible evolves into Gabite by 30 (assuming Blaze Black 2 didn't change that)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well, you don't need Bellsprout since you already have two grass types...and that gives you another Psychic weakness

Huuuuge flying type weakness, need more than just one counter cuz you're ****** if Flaaffy goes down...
Bug type weaknesses present
Psychic type weaknesses present

Gible does get access to Rock type attacks and Crunch so you might as well...Psuedo's are always good to have in Nuzlockes and the Gible line is pretty good all the way through compared to some other psuedos...Gible evolves into Gabite by 30 (assuming Blaze Black 2 didn't change that)
The grass type problem was something I realized and considered. Serperior becomes grass dragon so he will lose bug weakness. Ludicolo can deal with bug relatively well. Flying is a problem, but I shouldn't be done in to much by that. My pokemon are relatively fast, excluding Flaffy. Psychic isn't that bad. Scolipede is pretty fast, and with Serperior, they should be good.

Gible is winning the poll though. So I think I'll go with him. Thanks for the advice.

And I'm glad it's not a nuzlocke, I'd be slaughtered by now lol.
Scolipede being in your team makes me happy.
He's one of my favorite gen 5 Pokemon, so I had to add in.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Apparently all the seasons for Sailor Moon that I ordered on Amazon I got on Friday? Hopefully the slip to pick it up is in my mailbox on my house or else I guess it was stolen.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well... it's not in my house mailbox. I'll check the other mail box tomorrow.

Hopefully it's there... if not then I guess it was stolen..

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Well... it's not in my house mailbox. I'll check the other mail box tomorrow.

Hopefully it's there... if not then I guess it was stolen..
You have one and only option...

Put your hair in a pig tails, put on a brightly colored skirt and form fitting top that hug your teenage girl body...

And in the name of the moon? Punish them.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You have one and only option...

Put your hair in a pig tails, put on a brightly colored skirt and form fitting top that hug your teenage girl body...

And in the name of the moon? Punish them.
Well my hair is too short for pig tails, I have no skirts and I'm neither teenage nor a girl.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I see two things wrong with this sentence.
And what's that. I'd imagine the grass dragon is one, but in this game, they changed the types of the final forms.

It's Fire Ground, Water Fighting, and Grass Dragon. Which isn't to bad.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The grass type problem was something I realized and considered. Serperior becomes grass dragon so he will lose bug weakness. Ludicolo can deal with bug relatively well. Flying is a problem, but I shouldn't be done in to much by that. My pokemon are relatively fast, excluding Flaffy. Psychic isn't that bad. Scolipede is pretty fast, and with Serperior, they should be good.

Gible is winning the poll though. So I think I'll go with him. Thanks for the advice.

Dragon doesn't resist Bug...or was that changed in the rom-hack?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Serperior is just Grass type.

And what's that. I'd imagine the grass dragon is one, but in this game, they changed the types of the final forms.

It's Fire Ground, Water Fighting, and Grass Dragon. Which isn't to bad.
Dragon doesn't resist bug.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Dragon doesn't resist Bug...or was that changed in the rom-hack?
Oh I thought it did. Will then, I guess that's the other one. Hitmonchan can cover those though.

And I don't think anything else is that different. Maybe stat changes. Not positive on that though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I got color splash yesterday and been playing it. On Ruddy Road. Did I just spot a reference to the Crash Bandicoot at Nintendo Commercial?

One of the shy guys tells mario get lost Plumber Boy. Which is what crash calls Mario.

So is this a reference or coincidental?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I got color splash yesterday and been playing it. On Ruddy Road. Did I just spot a reference to the Crash Bandicoot at Nintendo Commercial?

One of the shy guys tells mario get lost Plumber Boy. Which is what crash calls Mario.

So is this a reference or coincidental?
How are you enjoying it?

D

Deleted member

Poppycock!

No excuses!

Simply won't do!

That works if you really want to show off your manliness. :p However, this is my favorite.

Pretty much the only one in the search that wasn't a hairy man. And I had to check the pic title and description and stuff to make sure the search didn't just give me a normal girl cosplay. :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How are you enjoying it?
It's pretty fun. The battle system isn't as bad as it sounds, although I like the original better. However the graphics and world design are great, and the dialog is truly brilliant. I also like the music quite a bit. It may not be like the originals, and could still use some tweaking, but they really did try with it, and made it much better then sticker star.

So enjoying it so far!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm using a mod for Impossible Creatures

Somehow they messed the mod up so that the creatures in this mission attack the fire with melee attacks

I dunno how I can beat this mission like that

Burruni

Smash Hero
And after catch up in W2, and raelizing there's a NUMBER of Pokemon I actually had held up in it that I counted as "missing."
Ignoring forms still.
140 Pokemon remain.
20 Kanto Pokemon.
26 Johto Pokemon.
19 Hoenn Pokemon.
34 Sinnoh Pokemon.
29 Unovan Pokemon.
12 Kalosian Pokemon.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
This post was suppose to be my thoughts on the Pokémon Sun/Moon demo but a certain occurance changed that. Spoilers below.
So, here we go. I found a Shiny Rockruff in the Catching Challenge. I can't begin to express how pissed I am because you can't keep it, and before you ask, I don't have it anymore because I turned in the challenge unknowingly that I'd lose it so I don't have any proof I found it other then my word, which I know is ****. For those of you who want to know what a Rockruff looks like shiny, here's a video which I believe it and all the shinies are in, which was leaked via datamine (unable to watch it to confirm but this *should* be it.):
This find obviously depresses me because I can't keep it, but I guess that's the way it goes. I hope I'll find another one in the full game.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Alpha Sapphire update!

Popeye
Foghorn
Atlas

Just beat Watson which was a breeze thanks to Popeye's Spinach Powers! Ground typing! Then bolted to grab a Machop and managed to snag a decent one using the DexNav as I approached the grass! I think the last time I used a Machamp was waaaaaaaaay back in Yellow version since you could actually get one by trading an NPC a Cubone to evolve the Machoke, otherwise much like Alakazam, Scizor and other trade evos I never had the opportunity to use it pretty much at all...Fighting types are always handy in Hoenn with Sidney, Glacia and Steven, as well as Norman being the usual problem with his Slakings...So Machamp will be a welcome addition...
Foghorn may be only temporary...I grabbed a Whismur so I didn't have to solo the game with Popeye up to this point, I also had a placeholder Makuhita (Fat Spock :p) until I could get a Machop...still contemplating my team and it's possible I may keep Foghorn afterall, Exploud is a pretty good Pokemon...In Hoenn I usually opt for two water types and I think I might have an idea which one to go for this time, though Hoenn gives me quite a wide variety to choose from including Crawdaunt and Sharpedo being my favourite water types...but then again I'm also willing to break tradition and stick with Popeye as my sole water type...

I have at least two other pokemon in mind for my team...both of which I'm anxious to get, but it'll still be a little bit before then...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The steam version of Impossible creatures came pre installed with mods

That's ...weird. For a game to come preinstalled with mods right from buying it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom