• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Water/Poison
Quiet Nature
Fake Out as signature move
Memento
Calm Mind
Flying Press
This is the most random moveset I've ever seen, what is Calm Mind even for?
Should have one for abilities.

Anyways, since it's almost Halloween, I decided to change my avi to everyone's favorite witch!
Yeah, it's an EO character, deal with it and go play it nerds

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Well, they are adding Overwatch characters to Heroes of the Storm, but that probably doesn't really count.

I can't really see Overwatch being anything else other than a shooter. Mainly because other genres are covered by other Blizzard games. I can't see an Overwatch RTS happening when they already have Starcraft and Warcraft. An Overwatch RPG probably won't capture the characters well. An Overwatch Fighting game would probably be better set as a Blizzard fighting game.
See I don't mind the other Blizzard franchises and I have tried a majority of them, but a lot of them fail to have characters that capture my attention. I couldn't tell you a single character name from Warcraft, StarCraft or Diablo to be honest. Sure, they've got some great character designs.

But I feel as if for me personally Blizzard hit that magic jackpot of all three things I look for in a game. A good gameplay, a great cast of characters, and a well designed cast of characters. Their other franchises just kind of 1 or 2 of those elements.

That's why I'd love see the Overwatch characters expand into other genres through them for sure.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I kinda want to see Blizzard turn Overwatch into a franchise that's not just a first person shooter.

Imagine if they made a class based fighting game with the Overwatch characters. They could even introduce some new heroes there and bring them into the next first person shooter Overwatch.

Of course I have no clue how they'd pull that off with people like the supports (How would Mercy or Ana function in a fighter in particular) or hell even Torbjorn.
Overwatch Fighting game done by Arksys. I mean, Guilty Gear and Blazblue have rather similar settings.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I meant when i asked if i should head back in 100% rusted.

Had 2 very negative posts and a positive one

I know splat is an amazing game (not only have i played it before it isnt popular for nothing).
:061:
Well I'm glad I was right.

Because that means you're having fun and and enjoying yourself. . .and also that I was right. :awesome:

Really, the negativity should only apply if you go into a room full of true experts, which I've never really pursued. Even jumping into rooms mostly full of Level 50s and painting with the grace of a chicken on rollerskates I still don't -usually- end up actively dragging down my team. Of course, Ranked would probably be a whole other animal if I played it that much, but then you don't really need to play Ranked in order to have fun, just doing regular matches is perfectly fun on it's own.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well I'm glad I was right.

Because that means you're having fun and and enjoying yourself. . .and also that I was right. :awesome:

Really, the negativity should only apply if you go into a room full of true experts, which I've never really pursued. Even jumping into rooms mostly full of Level 50s and painting with the grace of a chicken on rollerskates I still don't -usually- end up actively dragging down my team. Of course, Ranked would probably be a whole other animal if I played it that much, but then you don't really need to play Ranked in order to have fun, just doing regular matches is perfectly fun on it's own.
No where was I say Splatoon was a bad game

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
No where was I say Splatoon was a bad game
Nobody did, the folks that were saying the opposite of what I was saying were saying he was too far behind to enjoy it properly, not that it wasn't good.

I was just saying that I suck at it and I'm still enjoying it in the mode I usually play, so unless I'm secretly missing something he probably could too.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So.
Found a thing.
http://i.4cdn.org/vp/1477343452364.jpg
Initials for typing.
Birthday for Nature.
Roll for your signature move.

My result?
Dark/Fairy, Hardy, with Knock Off Signature move.

Get ready to lose ya stuff, punks!
97.5 power Knock off, 146.25 if ya got somethin' good on ya.
Quiet
Water/Ghost and..
I dont ****ing know, uh, Pedal Dance?

Last edited:
Even jumping into rooms mostly full of Level 50s
You mean every match? :p

good news is i started consistently top scoring after getting used to strategy and controls. mahi mahi resort and kelp fome are also awesome maps.

Honestly im regretting missing this game's heydey and all the splatfests even more now. Shame. But i guess that just means i have to be more aggressive for switchtoon

:061:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You talked about it a lot when it came out Then you just kinda stopped

Same for me, I played it for a good amount of time, then never touched the disk again
This is what happened to me as well.

I put it up there with Overwatch with doing something different with the shooter. The difference is for some reason I just stopped playing Splatoon after loving it and have kept going with Overwatch.

I can't explain it. I just stopped playing.

Chrono.

I can't play Splatoon for two reasons.
- Crap internet
- It gives me motion sickness, sadly

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I really want a better customization system in Splatoon 2 in general.

I felt like even with the options in 1, you'd still wind up running into people who were wearing the exact same things as you.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I still play Splatoon every now and then.

Looking forward to Splatoon Switch, though it'll be a little weird without motion controls.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I can't play Splatoon for two reasons.
- Crap internet
- It gives me motion sickness, sadly
No woomy for you-my

I felt like even with the options in 1, you'd still wind up running into people who were wearing the exact same things as you.
Well new tentacle styles and pants definitely will help, plus the inevitable hat, shirt and shoes additions.

Chrono.

Well, here's my Halloween theme I guess.

If they separate fashion gear with actual equipment that'd be great.

At least we get hairstyles.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I still play Splatoon every now and then.

Looking forward to Splatoon Switch, though it'll be a little weird without motion controls.
I think if anything it'll just make it an even easier game for people to pick up, which is a good thing in the long run for it. They'll see an even more active fanbase for it, especially if the system sells better than the Wii U did.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If there's a tentacle style that is like the emo style with the bangs over one eye that'd be cool.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Kinda scares me a bit knowing how fast time has been passing. IDK why I feel this way.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I feel like they should add more Nintendo themed items for the squid kids to wear.

Hell, that one bang in front of the eye tentacle mentioned above could even be Rosalina based.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I'm playing Blaze White 2 and have a strawpoll that I'd love to be filled out:
http://www.strawpoll.me/11500630

Trying to decide my last member. Gible is the best out of all of them due to dragon typing and he's got an attack boosting nature. The others aren't to bad though either.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I feel like they should add more Nintendo themed items for the squid kids to wear.

Hell, that one bang in front of the eye tentacle mentioned above could even be Rosalina based.
Or even better it could not be.

The Nintendo themed stuff would be cool though.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Flying/Fire:006:
Careful (No Flare Blitzes for me)
and
Conversion?:137:

RodNutTakin

Smash Lord
They should make a Mario Party game for the Switch

Nintendo would surely profit from people having to replace broken/thrown Nintendo Switch consoles. :troll:

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well the older you get the faster it gets.
You think so huh?

Reason why I feel this way is because the past 5-7 years have sorta went by for me without me even noticing so it feels. Almost remember the last decade as if it were yesterday.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You think so huh?

Reason why I feel this way is because the past 5-7 years have sorta went by for me without me even noticing so it feels. Almost remember the last decade as if it were yesterday.
Oh yeah since I hit 20 my life has basically been a blink.
Or it could be, because there was already plenty of emo styled stuff in the first Splatoon. Even some of the tentacles looked emo/Hot Topic-tastic. :p
Tentacles? But there's just the 2 styles and they look pretty normal.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I NEED a Pit costume.

NEED.

Want.

Don't give me logic, just pop it in there.

Dark Pit one would be a nice bonus.

And then give Pit a couple of Amiibo-triggered Splatoon weapons in a hypothetical next Uprising-style game, just to even it out.

D

Deleted member

I've considered changing my avatar, but it's already Halloween-ish as is.

Soul.

Portable Splatoon is the greatest ever.

Even better is that you can leave the Switch in kickstand mode and play with the Pro Controller.

Hopefully the system itself has a gyroscope inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom