• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Pokemon adventures is probably the best form of pokemon that never gets the credit it deserves. Easily up there with the games and deserves its own anime
This. I don't care if it's an OVA covering all the arcs. I just want an anime version of the Special manga.
Yeah because I am most interested in seeing Chameleon block an Acid attack with a Psyduck corpse and slice in half an Arbok in animation.

And Blaine yelling, "OH MY GOD!"
Still better than the crap from the Anime.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
They are version exclusives because the evolution is based on the influence from the version Legendary, being either Solgaleo or Lunala...that's the in game explanation behind the form change between versions...

Midday absorbs the Sun's rays due to Solgaleo's influence, whereas Midnight form absorbs the night's power due to Lunala's influence....
It sounds like a flawed mechanic tbh.. this would be the first time you would have to send over a Pokemon to sun/moon and have it raised there just to get the alternate evolved form.. it would have been better to have it like an Espeon/Umbreon evolution so you don't have to work just to find someone who can evolve it to the opposite evo..

Bananija

Count of Trickery
/vp/ might have found something really interesting about the wire UB.

While it's colour scheme hint toward Guzma, its pose is oddly extremly similar to N's.
(I circled the similarity with both pose)

interesting.jpeg

Thoughts?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Not for long.
View attachment 119288

The anime has been getting progressively better. That being said, I know an anime on the adventures would be awesome. That is, unless it gets changed. Which is likely.
Meh. Opinions I guess.

I doubt it would be changed that much. Maybe for scenes like the one with Blue and the Pokeballs and other suggestive scenes but not so much the battle scenes. I don't see why the Arbok scene would get altered when there's no blood or anything.

If anything an Adventures OVA/Anime would be aimed at a general audience (everyone alike) as opposed to the anime being aimed primarily at kids.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hate the face I have don't actually have a bedroom, so I don't have a door

And people just look in my room to see what I'm up to at any time

It sucks having no privacy

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Someone on 4chan made an interesting discover

In shiny form, the koala in Komala doesn't change. Only the log

The log is the true pokemon, the Koala is just an accessory
So... is this the first time we have a Pokemon that happens to be a real life animal and not a Pokemon that's based on a real life animal? :awesome:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I made it to page 1000.

I would like to thank the Academy. God was with me the whole way.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
/vp/ might have found something really interesting about the wire UB.

While it's colour scheme hint toward Guzma, its pose is oddly extremly similar to N's.
(I circled the similarity with both pose)

View attachment 119289
Thoughts?
The spiked top and white coloring of it makes me believe that
its Guzma

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well then...it would seem that I need to do some more grinding...made it Cynthia in the Sinnoh league but my pokes are not nearly strong enough...

Actually one of her biggest problems was Lucario, because it counters any pokemon I have with Super Effective hits and it out speeds pretty much my whole team except for Espeon...But at this point her Garchomp came in and pretty much one shot everybody...of course it has Flamethrower, specifically for those Ice types, specifically my Mamoswine...

Cynthia's no joke that's for sure...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I can imagine Blaine yelling like Joseph. :laugh:
Real talk, every time I see "OH MY GOD", I immediatly think of Joseph.
Goddamnit JoJo and your hilarious Engrish.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Sun and Moon have Day/Night soundtracks.

Well damn.
Can I just say how much I love that they're adding so much **** to these games? Pirouettes, healing animation, Pokémon confrontation... It maje s the game feel more alive. And now that there's exclusive soundtracks, that just adds more to the feeling.

D

Deleted member

So, who would be up to pair up with me for Opossum's Pokemon tournament? :p
I personally didn't saw it and I'm interested. Mind to show it to me?
Basically, Ultra Beasts=Virus and Pokemon=Living beings
Here's the original post
UBs are the "viruses" of the Pokemon world
Most are said to not have a will of their own just like real viruses and are not considered Pokemon in a world where almost everything is one while viruses are debately "living beings" or not, Lusamine even mentions she'll protect and love them as well, implying she considers UBs as Pokemon too
Also, the designs, they are what sell me on this, just look at them
I didn't have much time to elaborate on it so here's a continuation
There's a lot of deabte whether or not viruses should be considered "living beings" in the real world, mainly because they lack common characteristics shared between all others, for example, the presence of cells
Then you've got some new, weird species that does not fit the general classification show up. There's probably gonna be two sides of the argument: one that believes UBs are something entirely different and another that believes they're just like Pokemon. The way Lusamine talks is as if she considers UBs as worthy of her love as any other Pokemon, which probably means she sees UBs as "living beings". Meanwhile, it's possble Professors such as Kukui wouldn't consider them such due to the lack of the key characteristics of a Pokemon.

Also, UB-01 is said to not have a conscience of its own, which fits with Viruses in that they don't have instinct or a mind, they just do whatever they're supposed to do

Then you've got their designs: all are rather... odd. They don't look anything like a Pokemon, they don't look like they have a will of their own and all look like an amalgamtion of things
I'm aware, I had said "If I didn't know beforehand". I know they're boobs.

Or are they?

How do we always end up talking about lewd stuff? Now @Zoroarking is never going to believe me when I say that I'm SFW most of the time. :p
I stopped believing that you could be SFW with "those" pics

Soul.

Can I just say how much I love that they're adding so much **** to these games? Pirouettes, healing animation, Pokémon confrontation... It maje s the game feel more alive. And now that there's exclusive soundtracks, that just adds more to the feeling.
There are no exclusive soundtracks; think of them like Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and their Day and Night songs. You'll be able to listen to them in either version.

Hau'oli City at night gives me Sinnoh vibes. So jazzy.

I agree though. Love how much care they've put

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well.
After using an online checklist thing and memory of what I've got spread across White 2 (needing to be transfered), X, Y, OR, AS, and VC Blue...

I'm inarguably less than 300 away from a living dex.
And that's all just evos & breeding.
Hell, I'll be content to get that under 150 before S/M which seems incredibly doable.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
There are no exclusive soundtracks; think of them like Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and their Day and Night songs. You'll be able to listen to them in either version.

Hau'oli City at night gives me Sinnoh vibes. So jazzy.

I agree though. Love how much care they've put
Ooh. Sorry I read it wrong. By day/night I thought you meant Sun/Moon.

But still, that's awesome

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I successfully fixed my faulty router using the power of technology.

Demo is boss.

D

Deleted member

ME ME ME!

Here's the original post
Most are said to not have a will of their own just like real viruses and are not considered Pokemon in a world where almost everything is one while viruses are debately "living beings" or not, Lusamine even mentions she'll protect and love them as well, implying she considers UBs as Pokemon too
There's a lot of deabte whether or not viruses should be considered "living beings" in the real world, mainly because they lack common characteristics shared between all others, for example, the presence of cells
Then you've got some new, weird species that does not fit the general classification show up. There's probably gonna be two sides of the argument: one that believes UBs are something entirely different and another that believes they're just like Pokemon. The way Lusamine talks is as if she considers UBs as worthy of her love as any other Pokemon, which probably means she sees UBs as "living beings". Meanwhile, it's possble Professors such as Kukui wouldn't consider them such due to the lack of the key characteristics of a Pokemon.

Also, UB-01 is said to not have a conscience of its own, which fits with Viruses in that they don't have instinct or a mind, they just do whatever they're supposed to do

Then you've got their designs: all are rather... odd. They don't look anything like a Pokemon, they don't look like they have a will of their own and all look like an amalgamtion of things
That could be pretty plausible actually, especially considering that the ultra beasts don't really seem organic.

Oh yeah? Well... erm... Okay, I got nothing besides some lame excuse like my brother using my computer, or something. :p

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Sun and Moon have Day/Night soundtracks.

Well damn.
It's a shame Hoenn in OR/AS didn't have day/night variations like Sinnoh did.

Speaking of which, anybody remember how the Johto wild Pokemon theme in the original G/S/C had variations for day and night? They didn't bring that back for the remakes, so I almost forgot about it...

I'm not gonna pick Litten because the final evo literally doesn't appeal to me in any way anymore. But apparently you are a whiny baby if you dislike a design that heavily moves from what made the first evolution appealing to many people. Ah well.
Litten 2 just looked pretty much like a larger Litten but with a flaming bell.

----

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Here's the original post

What is pokerus then?

D

Deleted member

ME ME ME!

That could be pretty plausible actually, especially considering that the ultra beasts don't really seem organic.

Oh yeah? Well... erm... Okay, I got nothing besides some lame excuse like my brother using my computer, or something. :p
Alright, since you were the first, our team name will be Skylanders Trap Team or just Trap Team for short :p
Opossum Opossum where do we sign up for this?

But I thought you didn't have a brother...
What is pokerus then?
I don't mean that UBs ARE viruses, just that they are Pokemon's equivalent of them

D

Deleted member

Alright, since you were the first, our team name will be Skylanders Trap Team or just Trap Team for short :p
LMFAO, of course you had to go with that and remind me of a Robot Chicken skit that was literally about that.

I would post it but it's NSFW. :p

Note to self, never claim that your SFW ever again in your life.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Litten 2 just looked pretty much like a larger Litten but with a flaming bell.
There are multiple differences that are easy to spot that make both Litten and Torracat easy to separate as Pokémon.

Differences: Heavier face-fur, lower eyeliner, sulfur symbol on face lowers to eyes and stretches off face, sulfer sign on back, Lighter red coloring, legs and belly are red, claws, stripes on tail, white nose, wild expression, bulkier body... And bell.

There are differences. Enough to justify its not just a bigger Litten.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I ready to get bodied again with info.
Probably is nothing big but Im looking foward to it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't want to know, but what could be left? All that was there was the Pokemon.

D

Deleted member

Just a question though
Your rules stated that Uber and AG Pokemon are banned, will that include all of those Pokemon or will there be exceptions?
I ask this because I have an Aegislash which is one of the few trained Pokemon I have and I also believe many have Blaziken or Greninja
Did we ever find out what the blank pics were for?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Holy **** this sounds ****ing awful
What's your least favourite pokemon btw?
My least favorite of each gen:
Gen 1 is a bit of a tough one. I think I'll go with Mr. Mime
Gen 2 is Umbreon, Unown comes close but I can't help but hate this ****ty eeveelution much more
G3n is a tie between Pelipper and Cradily
Gen 4 is Regigass because it's pathetic
Gen 5 are the elemental monkeys, specifically their final forms.
Gen 6 is probably Binacle
Updated Rankings because all pokemon are revealed.

It doesn't include alolan forms though because it wasn't on the template

Edit: Anything 3.5+ are pokemon I like and are heavily considered for my team
Where'd you find the template?

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So I managed to get around to downloading the demo...Had to do it on my old 3DS since that's the one with my Nintendo Network, and I didn't really bother setting one up on my N3DS yet...Waited for it to download while I was taking on the Sinnoh League so the waiting wasn't too bad though I started the download before challenging them and it finished about halfway through Cynthia so that tells you how long it took give or take...

Are you seriously telling me I still have to wait a month for the full game!? This looks amazing so far...Movement controls feel smooth with the full 360 using the circle pad though a few times from habit I try to use the D-pad...though after a while I'll get used to it...

I really love this theme...Team Skull in general's ****ing great, they are alread y making a strong case for my favourite Team!

It's really refreshing talking to NPC's with more realistic proportions as opposed to Chibi sprites...There's also a lot of cool attention to details all over...noticed in this one building that had some Pyukumuku dolls and some tiny Alolan Exeggutors figurines which I though were cool, and it made me wonder if we can purchase such things in the full game for our room/secret base/etc...that would be cool...
Also liked how there's separate patches of grass within the cities, this could be handy for grinding at times since you can battle pokemon right near the Pokemon centers in town without having to bolt every time your pokemon get low...
As for the Pokemon center, it looks really neat, the animation for healing was pretty cool actually showing full sprites for the pokemon on the back screen, definitely a step up from Kalos which showed smaller sprites for the pokes...

I like the overall trainer sprites...I noticed sometimes they are just standing looking straight while other times they seem to look around and can spot you, which I thought was pretty neat...could make for some decent sneaking sections I can imagine if you want to avoid them, though I'm the kind of guy that battles everybody...

Battle Interface looks great, I like how they added a hot key for poke-balls right on the main menu...sure it saves you one click but when fighting legends and throwing dozens of balls this can save a decent amount of time at least...Really neat having the stat changes present also...I wonder if it will notify you of other effects on the field like Gravity and Tailwind?

Kukui's trail was a neat little taste of the Poke-finder...afterwards that small cutscene with the oversized Totem Hakamo-o was pretty cool...
Plumeria's battle was pretty much 'here wreck her Golbat with a brand spanking new Z-Move!!'

Finally riding Tauros!!!! Who needs a bicycle when you've got a beast of a bull that can literally smash through rocks!?!:128: Can't wait to try out Sharpedo and Charizard as well...but I'm curious if there's going to be others beyond what we've seen in trailers which includes Stoutland...as far as I remember it's just those three so far?

Man can we just move forward in time to get this game already? Where's Celebi or Dialga when you need them?...

Edit: This theme though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom