• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I ready to get bodied again with info.
Probably is nothing big but Im looking foward to it.
Maybe they could get the names for all the new pokes and stuff? I'm still intrigued about Entermaid/Sirene's name, and which one is actually gonna be.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
It is up, and there's some important stuff.

If you can't watch the video, here's a summary.
HMs Removed with moves like Fly or Surf as TMs now.
98 new moves, 29 are Z-Moves, 3 of them are TMs
11 Special Z-Moves
Dig's TM was replaced with Leech Life (LOL)
145 new items, 58 of them related to Z-Moves, 16 for Silvally
New Held item similar to Dire Hit
New Evo stone (Ice Stone probably)
New item that cures any aliment (Like Lava Cookie, Casteliacone, etc.)
RIP Bike
New Ball probably for UBs

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Just a quick opinion but I hope Beltigre, Robingroot (Robinhoot w/e), and Entermaid aren't the real English names for the final starters...

They just sound pretty lame to me...especially Entermaid IMO

----

And this theme too...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Not sure if this was already posted but.
The dudes at reddit figured out why Alolan Persian looks so weird.
IRL Persian cats were horribly inbred because people liked purebreeds causing their species to deform to cats with pancaked faces and many hereditary dieseases over time.

Original Persian

Inbred Persian

Alolan Persian is based on the consequences of inbreeding their real life equivalent.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
IRL Persian cats were horribly inbred because people liked purebreeds causing their species to deform to cats with pancaked faces and many hereditary dieseases over time.

Original Persian

Inbred Persian

Alolan Persian is based on the consequences of inbreeding their real life equivalent.
Also do note that Alolan Persian is clearly looking like it's super pampered, which makes sense, since that was the role it had in the anime as is. You almost never saw it fight, but Giovanni was constantly giving it attention. Much to Meowth's displeasure.[/quote]

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why don't I just use a whole team of bugs this gen

if
UB-02 Expansion
is bug, I might as well...

Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Champion

Original Persian

Inbred Persian

Alolan Persian is based on the consequences of having your cat eat too much lasagna and I will hear nothing to the contrary.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im sure Power Up Punch lost its TM status to further nerf Mega Kangaskhan considering it lacks setup moves like Swords Dance on her movepool.

Soul.

No more HMs. Good riddance.

UB Poké Ball is sick

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Im sure Power Up Punch lost its TM status to further nerf Mega Kangaskhan considering it lacks setup moves like Swords Dance on her movepool.
If that's so, its a narrow thought nerf when you can just transfer Kangaskhan from XY. PUPP wasn't a very good move other then for Mega Kang so losing it doesn't hurt my feelings.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm putting this in spoilers even though it's actually news released by a website from an interview with Nintendo

It concerns ultra beasts

And further proof that Polygon is not going to get any more interviews with Nintendo for revealing stuff
http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/18/13323138/pokemon-sun-and-moon-catch-ultra-beasts-theory

Polygon states that Nintendo confirmed to them directly that UB's can be caught

"We still don’t know what, exactly, Ultra Beasts are, but Nintendo confirmed to Polygon at a recent event that they can be caught."

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Once again, Nasty Plot is not a TM despite Swords Dance being one. I was hoping it'd become a tm and more Pokémon could use it, like Pidgeot, etc.. And moves like Confide return despite their uselessness. Personal gripe, that.

Soul.

If that's so, its a narrow thought nerf when you can just transfer Kangaskhan from XY. PUPP wasn't a very good move other then for Mega Kang so losing it doesn't hurt my feelings.
VGC ruleset doesn't allow for Pokémon from X/Y and ORAS to be transferred. Alola Pokédex only for now.

Mega Kangaskhan will still be good, just more manageable

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
VGC ruleset doesn't allow for Pokémon from X/Y and ORAS to be transferred. Alola Pokédex only for now.

Mega Kangaskhan will still be good, just more manageable
Mega evolutions are now banned in VGC so that's irrelevant.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I keep hearing that Polygon has given false information before. Could somebody who knows more of it give some more information?

I mean, to say the least, I'm taking what they said about the Ultra Beasts with a grain of salt as is, but still.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Litten 3 is clearly gonna be Fire/Fighting, guys.
Even though that wouldn't make sense because Rowlet 3's Flying type would be super effective against it. And despite how it could also be Fire/Dark due to that theory about it being based on a wrestling "heel" character.

----

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I keep hearing that Polygon has given false information before. Could somebody who knows more of it give some more information?

I mean, to say the least, I'm taking what they said about the Ultra Beasts with a grain of salt as is, but still.
well i think its true
because the dataminers found a new type of pokeball that fits the ultra beast motiff

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
well i think its true
because the dataminers found a new type of pokeball that fits the ultra beast motiff
We also saw a Pikipek come out of it. Either way, that's just theory. I do believe they're catchable, but until Gamefreak confirms it, theory only.

To say the least, all I want to know is what false information they've given before.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
We also saw a Pikipek come out of it. Either way, that's just theory. I do believe they're catchable, but until Gamefreak confirms it, theory only.

To say the least, all I want to know is what false information they've given before.
you cannt use pikipeck comming out of the ball as a justification seeing as they edited pikipecks pokeball to be the UB ball (as oposed to shiny quagsire you flat out gave themself one

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
you cannt use pikipeck comming out of the ball as a justification seeing as they edited pikipecks pokeball to be the UB ball (as oposed to shiny quagsire you flat out gave themself one
I didn't know it was an edit. Regardless, it's not hard evidence anyway since we don't know any information on it other than it's a key item(apparently, since it isn't grouped with the Pokeballs) and a poke ball design. It looks related, but that... could mean anything. For all we know we can't use them in battle and can only catch them purely for Dex recording. Of course, it'd be dumb to make them non-battle usable, but I ain't Gamefreak, so... and they took out Dig as a TM as well. That says a lot about decisions I don't agree with. We know too little to say much, and all the evidence does it make it look likely they're catchable. But we got no hard proof at this time.

That said, as I noted before? I kind of don't care at the moment what it is because it's irrelevant to my question. What did Polygon lie about? This is the only thing I need answered. And I'm really not much interested in the evidence anymore about the Ultra Beast status. I've gone through it already. Only thing I want to see is a statement by Gamefreak or the game proving they can be caught. Anything else is superficial and only worthwhile for theories.

Chrono.

I didn't know it was an edit. Regardless, it's not hard evidence anyway since we don't know any information on it other than it's a key item(apparently, since it isn't grouped with the Pokeballs) and a poke ball design. It looks related, but that... could mean anything. For all we know we can't use them in battle and can only catch them purely for Dex recording. Of course, it'd be dumb to make them non-battle usable, but I ain't Gamefreak, so... and they took out Dig as a TM as well. That says a lot about decisions I don't agree with. We know too little to say much, and all the evidence does it make it look likely they're catchable. But we got no hard proof at this time.

That said, as I noted before? I kind of don't care at the moment what it is because it's irrelevant to my question. What did Polygon lie about? This is the only thing I need answered. And I'm really not much interested in the evidence anymore about the Ultra Beast status. I've gone through it already. Only thing I want to see is a statement by Gamefreak or the game proving they can be caught. Anything else is superficial and only worthwhile for theories.
Well there's this...

http://furiousfanboys.com/2013/11/polygon-caught-lying-about-ps4-on-their-xbox-one-stream/

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

now that you got your info on polygons scummyness i want to bring your attention to something
look at the following tweet and you will see that the UB ball is in the normal pokeball slot in the bag
https://twitter.com/ShinyQuagsire/status/788624703011381248
now apparantly it has a terrible catch rate so im guessing its got a catch rate multiplier on ultra beasts but is the same as a pokeball on normal pokemon

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I can't believe people are still in denial about the dataminers.

I'm hearing so much 'that's just some of what was left in - there's still more to be found!'

'GF wanted us to find that info!'

'That's just the Pokemon they plan on showing in trailers before release~~~'.

Uhhh.

D

Deleted member

One more disscussion that I missed when I was a sleep... My favorite legendary from each gen:
1. New
2. Raikou
3. Latios (overall favorite legend)
4. Satan Dragon
5. Zekrom
6. Volcanion, I think
7. Dolphin Tapu (design-wise)

D

Deleted member

I'm kinda disappointed PPUP, Struggle Bug, Dig and Retaliate are losing their TM status
PPUP was a better version of Rock Smash, Struggle Bug was useful for special Bug Pokemon, Dig to Pokemon that couldn't learn Earthquake or you didn't have it yet and Retaliate was just a good tool for revenge killers

Hope Leech Life got a much needed buff and becane Bug!Drain Punch to justify its TM status
Waterfall, Surf and Fly are the only surving HMs
Strenght and Cut will either be removed completely, buffed and become avaible via level up or just be forgotten and become a rarity exclusive to the few that can learn it naturally
And I want to see the new TMs, wonder what they could be
That ball that's presumbly for the UBs would fit into @Zoroarking 's theory quit nicely with the way that it looks.
It looks more like the dimensional rifts that the UBs are shown coming out of, then again, that might also have been supposed to have a kind of virus motif

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

I'm hearing so much 'that's just some of what was left in - there's still more to be found!'

Uhhh.
it would be hilarious if it was the case that the current dex is the pokemon they plan on revealing before release

shame its not the case tho Granted tere were sprites that werent in the demo and unless theres 7 trials and all of them have version exclusive totem pokemon we have a small possibility of at least 1-3 more pokemon...

its very possible thats not the case but the possibility does lend to some minor speculation

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
now that you got your info on polygons scummyness i want to bring your attention to something
look at the following tweet and you will see that the UB ball is in the normal pokeball slot in the bag
https://twitter.com/ShinyQuagsire/status/788624703011381248
now apparantly it has a terrible catch rate so im guessing its got a catch rate multiplier on ultra beasts but is the same as a pokeball on normal pokemon
Interesting. Although as I said, this definitely points to UB's being catchable, but we can't really confirm it though. Of course, I'm in the camp that believes they are. I just want confirmation(I do agree with this being really strong evidence, but is it literally confirmed that the catch rate sucks against everything else? Or is that just a guess by SQ? I'm sure we'll find out quite quickly, though. Mind you, stats can change from the demo to main game, so...)

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Interesting. Although as I said, this definitely points to UB's being catchable, but we can't really confirm it though. Of course, I'm in the camp that believes they are. I just want confirmation(I do agree with this being really strong evidence, but is it literally confirmed that the catch rate sucks against everything else? Or is that just a guess by SQ? I'm sure we'll find out quite quickly, though. Mind you, stats can change from the demo to main game, so...)
true enough
also i did some looking around and found out that
the ball forms of the legendary arnt forms they are infact an evolution ary line that ends with our box legendary
that goes puffball, galaxy marble, version exclusive legendary and the evidence that points to solgaleo and lunalla haveing a shared pre evolution(much like that one 4 chan text leak so long ago suggested) is the fact the puffball isnt next to lunala in the pokedex therefore proving they arnt forms as puffball would theoretically be next to lunala but it is infact before galaxy marble

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
true enough
also i did some looking around and found out that
the ball forms of the legendary arnt forms they are infact an evolution ary line that ends with our box legendary
that goes puffball, galaxy marble, version exclusive legendary and the evidence that points to solgaleo and lunalla haveing a shared pre evolution(much like that one 4 chan text leak so long ago suggested) is the fact the puffball isnt next to lunala in the pokedex therefore proving they arnt forms as puffball would theoretically be next to lunala but it is infact before galaxy marble
...Can I just say that it's hard to understand how you wrote that? Not cause of the grammar. >.<

But anyway, it's cool that is basically confirmed. I'm really glad to see
Legendaries having proper Pre-Evos. Phione should seriously evolve in this Gen properly.

D

Deleted member

>Legendaries have a pre-evo
>Marshadow is a small legendary
>No third legendary in sight

Also, there were moves in the datamine I didn't see being mentioned here
Psychic Terrain: Pokemon touching the ground are protected from priority moves and Psychic moves are boosted for 5 turns
Throat Chop: prevents the opposing Pokemon from using Sound-based moves for 2 to 5 turns
Aurora Veil: halves damage from Physical and Special moves for 5 turns
Laser Focus: the move used on the turn after this move is used will always result in a critical hit

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

Uhhh.
The only way there's more new Pokemon is if there's more in the National Pokédex (which they did before in DP).

But that's a long shot as it is.

You're better off just accepting that what we see is what we get.
>Legendaries have a pre-evo
>Marshadow is a small legendary
>No third legendary in sight

Also, there were moves in the datamine I didn't see being mentioned here
Psychic Terrain: Pokemon touching the ground are protected from priority moves and Psychic moves are boosted for 5 turns
Throat Chop: prevents the opposing Pokemon from using Sound-based moves for 2 to 5 turns
Aurora Veil: halves damage from Physical and Special moves for 5 turns
Laser Focus: the move used on the turn after this move is used will always result in a critical hit
The latter three seem to be the Starter signature moves.

Assuming this because they all fit them just by the name alone (Throat Chop especially since that's a common wrestling move).

Anyway, kinda annoyed that Litten got the shaft here. It could be useful, but one gives a free crit and the other is Reflect and Light Screen in one move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom