• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
When Europe is the only place that calls it a duo when the other places cite it as a trio, it means Europe done goofed.
Curiously, the game still acknowledges the shooter as part of the character.

The trophy descriptions talk about the shooter and Palutena's Guidance has Palutena say something like "even though they're called a duo, they're more like a trio". Not the exact quote, but you get the gist.

Here's the sound: https://tcrf.net/index.php?title=File:Ssbwiiu_palutenas_guidance_duckhunt_eu.ogg

Your mod tricks won't work on me
I remember always seeing a block button near the ignore one
I even found it odd when I clicked on a user and there was less space being used
I've been on this site for over 3 years and the fact I'm a mod is irrelevant to the fact that I know well about this site and forum software overall. I'm not doing any "mod tricks" or whatever tripe you want to come up with. It's a fact: "block" was never a thing.

If you really think there as such a feature and it's removed, bring it to Forum Support, though I can assure you the answer you'll get will be the same as mine.

Last edited:
I never did get the point of the ignore button. I mean, if I don't like a post I either call it out or ignore it. To me, it's equivalent of sticking my fingers in my ears. It's not like anything happens nor do I change. People say stupid things at times; sometimes more than once. It happens.

/tangent
I have only ever ignored 2 members. One was downright angry rude all the time. Unfortunately I wound up in a 50 person PM with them and ignore doesn't work in PMs so they got off ignore

The other person never posts anything relevant to anything and complains so it's just easier to not see their posts.

The problem with ignore is you have no idea what the topic is/why people are replying sometimes. . . Which isn't a problem when someone is off topic always.
/ other tangent

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I have only ever ignored 2 members. One was downright angry rude all the time. Unfortunately I wound up in a 50 person PM with them and ignore doesn't work in PMs so they got off ignore

The other person never posts anything relevant to anything and complains so it's just easier to not see their posts.

The problem with ignore is you have no idea what the topic is/why people are replying sometimes. . . Which isn't a problem when someone is off topic always.
/ other tangent
I'm curious who the second person is tbh

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I suppose "Duck Hunt Duo" is at least still accurate in certain other games such as Super Mario Maker since the shooter isn't involved so oh well......

Probably would have caused a little less hassle by simply sticking to "Duck Hunt" though.

Now where is the love for Pac-Man's ghosts?....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Curiously, the game still acknowledges the shooter as part of the character.

The trophy descriptions talk about the shooter and Palutena's Guidance has Palutena say something like "even though they're called a duo, they're more like a trio". Not the exact quote, but you get the gist.

Here's the sound: https://tcrf.net/index.php?title=File:Ssbwiiu_palutenas_guidance_duckhunt_eu.ogg

I've been on this site for over 3 years and the fact I'm a mod is irrelevant to the fact that I know well about this site and forum software overall. I'm not doing any "mod tricks" or whatever tripe you want to come up with. It's a fact: "block" was never a thing.

If you really think there as such a feature and it's removed, bring it to Forum Support, though I can assure you the answer you'll get will be the same as mine.
I was just joking with " mod tricks" please don't hurt me :nifty:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Nah, the character is a Duo from Duck Hunt, everyone else are pretty much summons and not constantly in the battle like Dog & Duck, who are the main stars.

Plus Duck Hunt sounds dumb as a character name.
Except the game acknowledges them as a trio on a couple occasions such as the ones Frostwraith listed, so the name being "Duck Hunt Duo" is a misnomer as it doesn't truly fit the nature of the character.

I can understand not liking Duck Hunt from a personal standpoint, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't the more fitting between the two.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I still think it's weird follows don't give you alerts when they post. Following someone kind of implies you watch them
It would be frightening! Think about it, every breath or move one makes, there's plenty of other users staring, watching it go by.
I like my privacy.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Except the game acknowledges them as a trio on a couple occasions such as the ones Frostwraith listed, so the name being "Duck Hunt Duo" is a misnomer as it doesn't truly fit the nature of the character.

I can understand not liking Duck Hunt from a personal standpoint, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't the more fitting between the two.
Nooooooo but I cant be wrong on the internet :(

Fair enough I suppose :p

Last edited:

Chrono.

Now where is the love for Pac-Man's ghosts?....
Well... Duck Hunt's moveset is pretty much their entire game (+ other Light Gun NES games), so they're named after the game.

Pac-Man's moveset is also pretty much his entire game (+ other Arcade Namco stuff) and the name of his game is... Pac-Man :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I still think it's weird follows don't give you alerts when they post. Following someone kind of implies you watch them

Swampasaur. Duh
Can you imagine how many alerts you would wake up to?
News Feed brah

Nobody likes Swamp. He broke my heart by rejecting the fab pink name I gave him T-T
I wouldn't mind a pink name
I just want senpai to notice me
Why does no one prank me?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well... Duck Hunt's moveset is pretty much their entire game (+ other Light Gun NES games), so they're named after the game.

Pac-Man's moveset is also pretty much his entire game (+ other Arcade Namco stuff) and the name of his game is... Pac-Man :p
I was being a little cheeky there but fair enough. ^^

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
OMG
image.jpeg

This game is still being a crapshoot.

Reddit and 4chan found so many problems less than 24 hours after launch

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well fine.

I didn't like you guys either.

T.T

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I actually don't think Duck Hunt Duo is that much of a misnomer, but actually a different interpretation of the character in which the shooter is considered an helper and not part of the team as whole.

It does have some logic: you actually just play as the dog and the duck. The shooter only appears in specific occasions similar to how other characters may also invoke other entities (such as the Pac-Man ghosts).

Though I guess this pointless debate would've been spared if NoE hadn't localized the name as Duck Hunt Duo... Not that it's anything that important anyway.

Frankly, it's not that different from Olimar/Alph, who's called Pikmin & Olimar/Alph in Japan and just Olimar/Alph elsewhere.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Duck Hunt Troupe would be the best name, IMO. Covers all the bases while leaving the exact number ambiguous.

But maybe I'm weird.

D

Deleted member

Nah, the character is a Duo from Duck Hunt, everyone else are pretty much summons and not constantly in the battle like Dog & Duck, who are the main stars.

Plus Duck Hunt sounds dumb as a character name.
You always have the dog and the duck on the match and all. I get the Zapper hand summon, but I hardly consider it to be the third part of the character. I never really got it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Did anyone seriously expect THAT much improvement from a freaking WB game?
Well, it's a WB game but most cases those games are good.

But only if it's from Netherrelms Studios and Rocksteady.
But that mostly due to them OUTSOURCING their PC ports instead of doing them in house.

They had 5 months.

5 ****ing months.

What went wrong.
Blame the Joker

The only thing they added was the DLC lol
At this point I expect nothing better from the company who became bigger ****heads than EA and Ubisoft within 2 years (3 if you wanna count Arkham Origns)

D

Deleted member

/ other tangent
I never really ignore anyone unless some user out there fully manages to piss me off. If anyone keeps track of what I do, and use it for their evil schemes (for lack of a better word), then all I can say is that they have no life.

But yeah, I never use the function to be honest.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna be honest
This Pokemon arc actually seems interesting
Megas? Check
Edgy Greninja? Check
Zygardoggo? Check
Team Flare? Check
That guy from the megas arc spin off I didn't watch? Check
Plot? Probably check
Cute AF Serena? CHECK
Nintendo might just force me to step foot into a McDonald's for the first time in years

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/10/29/na-pokemon-hoopa-to-be-distributed-in-mcdonalds/#comments

This hurts me
"May I help you sir? What would you like for eating?"
"Hoopa"
"I'm sorry, but we don't have 'Whoopers', I believe you got us confuse--"
"I said I want Hoopa damnit"
"But sir--"
"Just give me a damn HOOPA"
"All right"
*hands over burger*
"These new Pokemon keep getting stupider..."

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm still curious if they'll allow you to catch Zygarde Core, I'd love to have that little guy even if he's useless in battle.

Nintendo might just force me to step foot into a McDonald's for the first time in years

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/10/29/na-pokemon-hoopa-to-be-distributed-in-mcdonalds/#comments

This hurts me
Well that's an unusual spot for an event, oh well, if push comes to shove, just take a friend/younger family member out to lunch while you fulfill your ulterior motive.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh yeah, that reminds me. The Hoopa event is out now (in Europe at least) isn't it? Forgot to go to Game today for the code, oh well there's always tomorrow....

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

This hurts me
America getting the event at a well known burger joint...
Is Nintendo trying to tell us something?

Game Freak. Dunkin' Donuts would have been better, and I'm a good girl, don't try to make me fat
Bleh, Dunkin' Donuts. Why they're all over New England baffles me. They have good doughnuts and not much else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom