• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I just find it really dumb. The games, sure I could accept this. But in the anime they have made it a point that you need a bond that has been formed after years of hardship. Korrina had Lucario since she was a child in the anime, and had a huge record as a good and strong trainer. Yet lucario didn't obey her in mega form. Even Sycamore's garchomp didn't obey him right away when mega evolved( which reminds me, can we have him fight lysandre with them? That probably won't happen though...) So if this bond can't be obtained by professionals in the show, how does this kid get a mega? It just be weird and conflicting to have game cannon coexist with the anime's like that. I still like sawyer but it makes no sense.
I do hope Tierno at least gets a mega. And Ash greninja probably will have mega power, but why not just give Ash a mega ring at that point? Up until now, I fully expect Alan to give Ash charziardnite Y, but that doesn't seem to be happening but greninja is still cool as well.
I'm mostly out of the loop here, so excuse me if I'm missing a few details here and there (I'm mostly looking through pictures here), but Sawyer doesn't have his Mega Evolution yet and we don't know if he won't struggle with it. I mean, granted, this is the anime and development can be really jilted with it, but it's kind of jumping the gun a bit early since the kid doesn't have it yet and we don't know how he'll obtain it and use it. For all we know, he could struggle a lot with it to the same extent that Korrina and Sycamore did, and even make an episode for him to adjust to that huge gain in power, it's just a matter of how they do it.

Also, I'm not sure time really matters when it comes to Mega Evolution. To be technical, Ash-Greninja is being built up as a Mega Evolution equivalent (in fact, it's even more special due to the whole "only happens every several hundred years" or something to that effect), yet Froakie met Ash probably around the time Sawyer did with his Treecko. So it really just seems like you need a strong bond for Mega Evolution or an equivalent to happen, not necessarily staying with your partner for a very long period of time.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Imo, why is it even a issue for Ash to win the Pokemon League? "That means Ash is Pokeman Mastur-"

They made it known there are more than one of them at this point.

But the thing is, there's still the Elite Four. They made that known as well in Gen 3, so, you'd think beating the Elite 4 would be the real reason to keep him from winning, since that's how you get to the Champion.

I've always thought winning the League didn't make you a Master, it's essentially the anime version of the Victory Road.

Last edited:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Bellsprout was where it's at. He messed up Ash's entire time. If muk didn't literally eat him, he would have lost right off the bat.

Actually let's bring this up:

In Kanto, Ash didn't really win his badges, half of them were handed to him. In Johto, he got a bit better but if things like terrain weren't a factor, he would have lost. That was especially the only way he beat Whitney. After those two season, Ash actually started to become better, he earned all his hoenn badges. In shinnoh he fully bonded and trained his team members to overcome all his losses. in Unova he didn't do anything truly special in his gym battles. But Unova was lackluster. And now in X and Y, he hasn't lost a single gym fight.

Just found those things interesting in terms of Ash's progression through the series.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Ash lost in the first gym battle of Kalos against Viola; he's still doing a great job though

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Some artist got harassed on tumblr (?) because they drew a character wrong or something stupid like that.
Some girl made fan art Tumblr deemed to rasict/misogynistic/body shaming to the point there were multiple threads stalking her ****ting on her to the point that fanartist tried to kill herself. They then said that she's lying because she's white when she apparently isn't even white and said 'It's her fault we acted like this'. Someone who works on SU even saw it and said 'let people make whatever fanart they want' or something like that
That sounds really stupid...
Why are people so mean

Soul.

Like, for real, did GF just gave up with that? Ash literally could have won that league, one legit league after all this time... Just to stop him with something no one normally has in the anime ever; Legendaries. And he got them with Pokeballs. Regular, Pokeballs. That's BS, at least they could have made it seem less like they were BSing with that.
Maybe the fact that he got the Legendary Pokémon with Poké Balls has to do with the fans saying "I caught a Legendary Pokémon in a Poké Ball you scrub using Master Balls."
For real though, why didn't they let him win.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Fortunately at least one of the perpetrators of the SU mess got in trouble with the police.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Some artist got harassed on tumblr (?) because they drew a character wrong or something stupid like that.
That's so weird, especially since I constantly see people putting their own spin on the characters and changing them up, and getting praise for being creative with them. Dang, I feel really bad for that person. People make mistakes. I find myself having to use references all the time because my mind remembers certain characters wrong. haha

D

Deleted member

The League should make handing out Badges illegal
Because I can't believe they didn't think of the possibility of Gym Leaders giving them to friends
And "doing something to prove your worth" like Ash "does" is subjective
No, wait, it's not
He did literally nothing agaisnt Brock and Misty
Sabrina didn't even lose
I don't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure Ash didn't beat Giovanni

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm mostly out of the loop here, so excuse me if I'm missing a few details here and there (I'm mostly looking through pictures here), but Sawyer doesn't have his Mega Evolution yet and we don't know if he won't struggle with it. I mean, granted, this is the anime and development can be really jilted with it, but it's kind of jumping the gun a bit early since the kid doesn't have it yet and we don't know how he'll obtain it and use it. For all we know, he could struggle a lot with it to the same extent that Korrina and Sycamore did, and even make an episode for him to adjust to that huge gain in power, it's just a matter of how they do it.

Also, I'm not sure time really matters when it comes to Mega Evolution. To be technical, Ash-Greninja is being built up as a Mega Evolution equivalent (in fact, it's even more special due to the whole "only happens every several hundred years" or something to that effect), yet Froakie met Ash probably around the time Sawyer did with his Treecko. So it really just seems like you need a strong bond for Mega Evolution or an equivalent to happen, not necessarily staying with your partner for a very long period of time.
Yeah he doesn't have it yet, he doesn't even have a sceptile, it's a groveyle. So he could struggle with it as you said, but the opening implies( to me anyway) that he will listen to him, but we will have to wait and see. I guess time is irrelevant, I believe Sawyer traveled through hoenn a bit( he's met steven), which is why I am betting Steven gives it to him because Steven helping people and also inadvertently puts young children in danger... Froakie, I can only see it being justified because they made it a note that froakie kept getting returned and abandoned, no one wanted him, then Ash came along and Froakie saw potential in him and formed a close bond with what would be his permanent trainer.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Ash lost in the first gym battle of Kalos against Viola; he's still doing a great job though
Actually he did, forgot about that. He hasn't lost since, which makes sense with his team.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Also, a guy I follow on Tumblr got told 'whites shouldn't be judgemental to black people' as an anon message. The guy explained how his life was in danger when he lived in Kenya for a while, including a 'check your privilege' clip from Hellsing Abridged

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The League should make handing out Badges illegal
Because I can't believe they didn't think of the possibility of Gym Leaders giving them to friends
And "doing something to prove your worth" like Ash "does" is subjective
No, wait, it's not
He did literally nothing agaisnt Brock and Misty
Sabrina didn't even lose
I don't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure Ash didn't beat Giovanni
Ash didn't even fight Giovanni, he fought team rocket for the badge using giovanni's pokemon. Gary had to fight mewtwo for the badge and was nearly murdered. Gary was the real hero guys!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh, I actually know another person in Tumblr who occasionally gets bothered by a few people on why she colours certain characters in different skin tones and whatnot.

Considering its just fan art, I'm not really sure I really see the issue in it. Unless people are simply just curious to know. Which I'm not sure was the case for that other lady to the point she apparently wanted to commit suicide....

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
My Mom threw out my Clyde Costume and is now forcing me to be a Skeleton with a Fedora and a Housecoat

GOD ****ING DAMNIT
MY DREAMS ARE BEING CRUSHED

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Game Freak. Dunkin' Donuts would have been better, and I'm a good girl, don't try to make me fat
[strikes pose]

PC SJW modo....akutiva~tooo!

[magical boy transformation sequence]
[strikes different pose]

How dare you imply that that fat girls are bad!
Especially, after that SU post!

[Pulls out big mac]

Take this!

[shoves big mac in Anna's mouth]

And another!
And another!
And Another!
My final attack!

[ora-oras the big macs]

Biiiiiiig mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac.......!
[wheezes and takes a deep breath ]
mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac!

[turns back to her as a background filled with fast foods flashes and sparkles behind him]

omae wa mo.....chubby desu.

[que spontaneous stomach expansion due to internal fat asplosions]

D

Deleted member

Ash didn't even fight Giovanni, he fought team rocket for the badge using giovanni's pokemon. Gary had to fight mewtwo for the badge and was nearly murdered. Gary was the real hero guys!
Yeah, and a ****ing hacker too
Screenshot_2015-09-14-11-53-30-1.png

My Mom threw out my Clyde Costume and is now forcing me to be a Skeleton with a Fedora and a Housecoat

GOD ****ING DAMNIT
MY DREAMS ARE BEING CRUSHED
I am now imagining Sans tipping a fedora

Also, can you explain this because I'm still confused
Who said you got the wrong gender? :4pacman:
B-but your profile says...

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
My guess as to why Ash hasn't won a league is that winning a league is one of Ash's main goals and if he achieved that there wouldn't be a lot of progress for Ash to do in the next regions. With every next region, Ash gets a step closer of winning the league (except in Hoenn & Unova)
  • Kanto: Top 16
  • Johto: Top 8
  • Hoenn: Top 8
  • Sinnoh: Top 4
  • Unova: Top 8
Sure, the writers could always come up with an Elite 4 arc after the league, but then every region would become more predictable if he were to win a league each time in order to battle the new Elite 4 or there would be backlash that he's doing worse than before if he were to lose the league.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
[strikes pose]

PC SJW modo....akutiva~tooo!

[magical boy transformation sequence]
[strikes different pose]

How dare you imply that that fat girls are bad!
Especially, after that SU post!

[Pulls out big mac]

Take this!

[shoves big mac in Anna's mouth]

And another!
And another!
And Another!
My final attack!

[ora-oras the big macs]

Biiiiiiig mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac.......!
[wheezes and takes a deep breath ]
mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac-mac!

[turns back to her as a background filled with fast foods flashes and sparkles behind him]

omae wa mo.....chubby desu.

[que spontaneous stomach expansion due to internal fat asplosions]

THANK YOU FOR FINALLY LETTING ME POST THIS

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
All I want from that that new trailer next week is for Vaati to be confirmed.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, this tweet isn't really significant. It's more of speculation and merely something to keep our eye on for Next Week.
But that is significant for me, I didn't know about this trailer. ^_^
Groose / Saria / Vaati PLZ.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For some reason I woke up really in shape today

I've been feeling all flappy, fat and weak lately

But today I'm thin and muscular