• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The people at Talking Dead don't have much insight on the future of the Walking Dead show. They only get to see the next episode a few days prior. Today Hardwick even said he doesn't know what's happening next episode.
While this is true, they heavily implied there is a god chance that what happened isn't what people thought happened.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Well, I actually contacted Push on Mewtwo having the question mark in the ESRB Leak and he said he didn't really know.

I'm pretty sure Push was involved in the leak when it happened, or am I wrong? I'm just trying to fact check and make sure :p.
I don't even think Push was here when ESRB happened. If he was, then he was easily overshadowed by Vaanrose and Neo, and was still building up a reputation here. (<3 u Push bb)

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Wow.
The progression on this is awesome.

Also PushDustIn PushDustIn , if its not too late, my question is what upcoming games do you think will get DLC and what kinds of DLC do you think at least one of the games each person lists will get?
We will accept questions until Sunday! I've added your question + everyone else's question to the upcoming podcast schedule. We will also announce our special guest later this week!

I don't even think Push was here when ESRB happened. If he was, then he was easily overshadowed by Vaanrose and Neo, and was still building up a reputation here. (<3 u Push bb)
I was here! I was just overshadowed, like you said <33. My first big break was leading the charge of the data mining for 3DS and Wii U.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
iirc the 50-Fact Extravaganza was early November
So comparing it to SM4SH 3DS' Late October release, it wasn't even a full month before Mewtwo was shown
If that ain't the earliest actual-not-a-day-1-patch DLC to exist so far, I dunno what is. :4pacman:
Well it was released September 13 in Japan and the Mewtwo reveal was late October I believe, but Mewtwo was still actually released in April. They just said they were working on him.
The time between Zippo saying Mewtwo is in 'til he was on the eShop was like 6-7 months.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
There's a new Streetpass puzzle for Yo-Kai Watch by the way just checked the plaza!
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I think this is the first SP puzzle from L5.
No, they also had Fantasy Life from Level-5 too.

Kinda sad Professor Layton never got one though.....

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I own Brawl and never play it anymore (used to own Melee too). Basically each Smash game that releases has essentially made its predecessors void.

They're fun for 5 minutes, but I wouldn't recommend anyone breaking bank buying it.
Someone understands me. That's exactly how I feel about the Smash games. After Project M came by, I stopped playing vBrawl completely.

Yeah it's pretty much a third pillar for now. If they somehow succeed with the NX console it may replace Wii U.
NX handheld will eventually replace 3DS so eh, it's aging anyway. The hybrid idea is kinda messed up imo so I don't really agree with it.
Remember that the DS was advertised as a 3rd pillar too.

Searching "Goku and Shrek" actually gave me the ballot as the 3rd result.

Google supports Goku and Shrek, obviously. :p

I miss Groose dearly.
Who doesn't? It didn't help that he disappeared soon after the RTC ended. He did drop in for a chat once, but then disappeared again.

:231:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well it was released September 13 in Japan and the Mewtwo reveal was late October I believe, but Mewtwo was still actually released in April. They just said they were working on him.
The time between Zippo saying Mewtwo is in 'til he was on the eShop was like 6-7 months.
I think Zipzo pretty much meant he was in the base roster as in already in the game and not DLC.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I think Zipzo pretty much meant he was in the base roster as in already in the game and not DLC.
I don't remember exactly how he said it but I think he said his source is sure Mewtwo is playable. It might be because his source had info about character development rather than early access to the game.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Here's a fun tibit I found out;
Game & Watch actually has a few differences between Smash 3DS and Smash U;
  1. Game & Watch's dash animation has his hands spread out in 3DS, but they're still in ball-fists on the Wii U Version
  2. Fire / Parachute actually launches you more forward in the 3DS Version than in the Wii U Version (But they both still go at the same height), so his recovery is actually a little better in Smash 3DS.
- - - - -
I wanna try out Doubles but I got absolutely no idea whereto find those things.
Especially if you consider I can only play on the 3DS Version when almost everyone else has moved to Smash U. :drshrug:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 I'm trying the Yokai Watch demo, but I'm not certain I understand the battle system really well. You just spin the wheel and let them auto-attack, and occasionally play minigames to use their super attacks? Is that the full extent of it in the retail version?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 I'm trying the Yokai Watch demo, but I'm not certain I understand the battle system really well. You just spin the wheel and let them auto-attack, and occasionally play minigames to use their super attacks? Is that the full extent of it in the retail version?
The mechanics are much deeper, I recommend reading this reddit post to learn the full extent.

https://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/3pxkpx/about_yokai_watch_from_someone_that_played_the/

Try beating Reuknight (A secret boss in the demo) who can be found on the very top corner of the map. It's a real challenge that requires strategic use of the Yo-kai wheel and the Yo-kai's abilities. Grind to lvl 13 at least.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
The mechanics are much deeper, I recommend reading this reddit post to learn the full extent.

https://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/3pxkpx/about_yokai_watch_from_someone_that_played_the/

Try beating Reuknight (A secret boss in the demo) who can be found on the very top corner of the map. It's a real challenge that requires strategic use of the Yo-kai wheel and the Yo-kai's abilities. Grind to lvl 13 at least.
Yeah, the YW demo was pretty good, but I couldnt feel the excitement from it, which is to be expected, since its a demo. Will definitely keep my eye on it.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I bet once you start to get your very first Yo-kai Jibanyan, the gameplay mechanics will become much more clear.
I see the potential in the battle system being something that hooks me, as it's pretty similar to Xenoblade Chronicles into terms how its played.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Round em up boys cuz we got datamine leaks possibly incoming
Someone found files that indicated there would be more characters in the base game, right? Wonder which of these will make it in.

Pretty great list though, I'm happy with all of those picks.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Juri returning in SFV isn't too surprising. She's fairly popular and has made appearances in crossover titles (mainly, Project X Zone and PXZ2).

Not a bad pick, though. I like her. I tend to like those kind of insanely over-the-top hammy villains. Juri and M. Bison are the best SF villains.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
As much as I want her back, she might be DLC along with Guile, Alex and Guy
I know lol. It's not Capcom without a boatload of DLC and sequels. :p

EDIT: Guile not being in the main roster is a little disappointing though.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Since its becoming easier to mod 3DS games now, when do you guys expect we'll see the first custom stage for Smash 4 be released?

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Just got the Mewtwo and Modern Mario Amiibo. ^^ And a second Classic Mario to keep in my Mario Maker boundle just for the heck of it.

yay

D

Deleted member

I still don't believe it for a moment. For one, it's pretty obvious that the Shovel Knight amiibo has nothing to do with Smash, so I'm not really sure why they are using anything related to that as possible evidence. Also, Shovel Knight being in is the least believable aspect of that rumour.
So, Bomberman getting in as a Snake replacement because of Kojima's and Konami's falling out is more believable to you than Shovel Knight?
You must hate Shovel Knight.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I know lol. It's not Capcom without a boatload of DLC and sequels. :p

EDIT: Guile not being in the main roster is a little disappointing though.

Not really considering they have a Guile expy every game (remember Remy from SF3.)

Now it's time for Charlie Nash to get the spotlight and considering he's more cooler than Guile and has a much more awesome theme

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So, Bomberman getting in as a Snake replacement because of Kojima's and Konami's falling out is more believable to you than Shovel Knight?
You must hate Shovel Knight.
This made me think, if bomberman gets he, someone should photoshop him to resemble snake with the caption do you love me now?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I really am excited for more Amiibo announcements. Sure, the Animal Crossing ones are neat, and I am getting them all, but they aren't as 'exciting' as a lot of the next possible ones.

I could totally see a Pokken Amiibo line for it's Wii-U release. Pikachu, Charizard and Lucario would get their second ones, and a Machamp, Gengar, and Libre Pikachu Amiibo? Amazeballs.

I can see a new Mario line whatwith Mario Tennis Ultra Smash 'hinting' a more in the way you use them. Waluigi, Wario, Daisy, Rosalina, Toadette and Boo would be a neat line. And Dry Bowser, is Nintendo loves us enough<3

I can see a small Sonic Boom line with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Sticks and Eggman. I love the Boom tv show, so, I'd get 'em!

A Hyrule Warriors Amiibo line would be sweet. Imagen every HW character as a Amiibo. *drool*
*skips the Agitha one*

I totally expect StarFox Zero to release with a transformable Airwing Amiibo, and it wouldn't surprise me if that was a part of the reason it was delayed.

A Waluigi Amiibo line is also likely. Waluigi, WaWaluigi, Metal Waluigi, Mario Waluigi, Baby Waluigi, and Crotch-Shop Waluigi would look sweet on my shelf.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I would LOVE to see Bomberman in Smash. He's a pretty big franchise that has a good moveset, franchise close to Nintendo, and its even crossed over with one of their characters (even if the game is old).

I would NOT like it if his moveset were just Snake's moves plastered over him. I know he would still have orginial moves but replicating Snake's specials make no sense, and it would bug me to no end if he used some of Snake's moves. I don't even think that rumor is real and it still annoys me.

D

Deleted member

A Waluigi Amiibo line is also likely. Waluigi, WaWaluigi, Metal Waluigi, Mario Waluigi, Baby Waluigi, and Crotch-Shop Waluigi would look sweet on my shelf.
This is all I saw out of this post.
It was enough for me to give a like.
I'd give 10 likes if I could.

This made me think, if bomberman gets he, someone should photoshop him to resemble snake with the caption do you love me now?
Granted, I'm not saying the Bomberman part isn't believable, because I can honestly see something like that crossing Sakurai's mind. Specifically the "not including Snake because of the bs surrounding Kojima and Konami" part.
However, it just seems.......odd to where I can't actually imagine Sakurai adding Bomberman in replacement. I see Sakurai in the "Snake or bust" mindset with the most likely outcome being "bust".

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The whole rumor just got by on the Pirate Ship DLc and Butt Butt isn't the one the makes the leak really unbelievable.

The sole fact that Sakurai is giving Bomberman a 'Snake-inspired moveset'. Even for Sakurai standards that sounds stupid.

Either bring back Snake who really isn't hard to bring in considering it'll just be a Konami influence decision or just make Bomberman with his own original moveset.

Outside of Pac-Man, none of the characters have a moveset inspired from other franchises.

You can make the excuse of :4sonic:'s normals having influence from Virtua Fighter and Fighting Vipers and :4megaman: Uptilt, Mega Upper being a call back to a certain uppercut which what it was back during the Power Fighters games but even that's reaching.

My point is the leak is just any other text leak but we give more of a light of day because it bandwagons and bundled with the SK Rumor and how it was with Pirate Ship and should we wait another month for SK again. And this isn't a shot at anyone but can just wait until the end, he's gonna show up in speculation but he'll be just like everyone else, just pure speculation. He's on even level with K. Rool, Isaac, Wolf, Inklings, Dixie and all others

Nothing else attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom