• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
@Speedwagon
You've been leaving me out too many times.

WHY DO PEOPLE FORGET I EXIST?!?
I don't even know how I got included in the Smash Speculation Anime list. I'm like this thread's resident lurker who only posts once every 10 to 15 pages. I do read every single page in between though. :upsidedown:

That being said, @Speedwagon, go ahead and include me in the next list too.

Chrono.

View attachment 79725
I was able to make this because every character that was locked conveniently had the exact artwork used (Sprixie Fairy's little sparkles included) as the first row of pictures that show up when I slap their name into Google Images so it took like 5 minutes to make this.
Literally none of this artwork is new, Peach, Daisy and Rosalina are still depicted in their Dresses despite being in Sports Outfits and since everyone's artwork was made at completely different times with different styles in mind they all look awkward as **** together.
Nintendo.
Please.
Delay the game until December for all I care, this is dumb.
's really dumb.
They actually do have new artwork (which was posted the day of the trailers)

These are likely just placeholders.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You do realize this was shown at a public event and there wasn't time to make the icons anything but SIMPLE PLACEHOLDERS, right?
Seeing as how Mario Maker lost it's really pretty SMB1 Remastered theme upon future development, my expectations have lowered

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't know if Excitebiker would be truly WTF. Surprising yes, but I don't think the reactions would be the same as when WFT was revealed. That said, it be awesome to have him next smash!
Thing with that is that plenty of people expect ExciteBiker as a retro rep eventually. He wouldn't be a big shock.
Then where are my Excitebike supporters >:I

You do realize this was shown at a public event and there wasn't time to make the icons anything but SIMPLE PLACEHOLDERS, right?
In fairness, Mario games reuse artwork all the time, and this game appears rushed, so it's no surprise if it reuses all of it's art.
That being said, Rosalina and the princesses using old art despite wearing skirts in this game is jarring, they'll probably get new art.

Personally, I think the fact Rosalina has a skirt is dumb, she doesn't even walk in this game anyways, she floats around.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Question of The Day

Let's say a Sonic Boom line of Amiibo was revealed to be released with the new Sonic Boom game (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Sticks, and Eggman). Would you buy them?

Chrono.

Seeing as how Mario Maker lost it's really pretty SMB1 Remastered theme upon future development, my expectations have lowered
Eh I thought it looked pretty ugly, to be quite honest. I prefer the more classic look they went for in the end.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Then where are my Excitebike supporters >:I

In fairness, Mario games reuse artwork all the time, and this game appears rushed, so it's no surprise if it reuses all of it's art.
That being said, Rosalina and the princesses using old art despite wearing skirts in this game is jarring, they'll probably get new art.

Personally, I think the fact Rosalina has a skirt is dumb, she doesn't even walk in this game anyways, she floats around.
Most likely in another thread, dude. And who says I'm not a supporter of him? A very lowkey one but I'd like to see him eventually.

Rosalina having her full dress wouldn't really make sense. The other humanoid girls have skirts/sports dresses.
I'm not sure why the removal of music should make you think less of this unrelated game, but okay.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
She raises tons of kids and protects the cosmos and you expect her to....

Ewww! Run around a tennis court?!

Plus like everyone knows you gotta be stylish even when you're doing nothing.

Don't hate her cause she's beautiful. :p

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Another anime about this group?

Have you all forgotten about the first one?

Come on, guys. :troll:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I was talking about this style
I liked it a lot, they shoulda kept it as an alternate style to Classic SMB1
Eh I thought it looked pretty ugly, to be quite honest. I prefer the more classic look they went for in the end.
I personally like it
It's like a new-age-retro thing.
Plus the Amiibo Costumes woulda fit more in that style considering how they break away from the NES' pallet in the first place

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yes...but they walk...she floats...she doesn't need to move her legs like they do.

That's not what I meant...O.o
So? The dress still could be heavy. It could restrict her arms a bit.

I personally like it
It's like a new-age-retro thing.
Plus the Amiibo Costumes woulda fit more in that style considering how they break away from the NES' pallet in the first place
Mario Tennis development is in no way related nor affected by Mario Maker development.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly, the concept of Rosalina walking seems odd to me.

Floating just seems to be her thing.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Question of The Day

Let's say a Sonic Boom line of Amiibo was revealed to be released with the new Sonic Boom game (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Sticks, and Eggman). Would you buy them?
I'd probably get at least Sticks, since she's a Boom exclusive character. I'm okay with some of the Boom designs, but if I'm getting a figure of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, or Eggman, it would be of either their classic or modern designs.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I beat King Asgore and find out that Flowey killed him and now the game crashed. Yippy.
Time for Omega Flowey, Blue.
Buckle yo pants and put your Touhou hat on

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So? The dress still could be heavy. It could restrict her arms a bit.
lol
I think this looks ugly honestly. The gradient on the '?' Blocks are fine, but the checkered BG is really bad looking.

I'd probably get at least Sticks, since she's a Boom exclusive character. I'm okay with some of the Boom designs, but if I'm getting a figure of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, or Eggman, it would be of either their classic or modern designs.
Honestly a Mario & Sonic amiibo line would be better...
Or just, Sonic, since we have Mario amiibos already.

D

Deleted member

Question of The Day

I would only buy Knuckles.

Because Boom Knuckles is Boom Knuckles.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
lol

I think this looks ugly honestly. The gradient on the '?' Blocks are fine, but the checkered BG is really bad looking.

Honestly a Mario & Sonic amiibo line would be better...
Or just, Sonic, since we have Mario amiibos already.
Can you tell me why else she's a heavy-weight? There's no need to laugh at a suggestion.

I was talking about how they removed something that didn't need to be removed
It wasn't even serious to begin with
Luigi pls
I couldn't tell.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Forgive the lack of quality, but I had to take this image from a video and edit it to reflect my 2DS at the 'mo, don't mind the quality / Japanese language
Uhm
upload_2015-10-24_14-23-57.png

My bottom screen looks like this right now
The Amiibo Bottom Screen Picture thing is pure white.
I don't think that's normal...

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Forgive the lack of quality, but I had to take this image from a video and edit it to reflect my 2DS at the 'mo, don't mind the quality / Japanese language
Uhm
View attachment 79737
My bottom screen looks like this right now
The Amiibo Bottom Screen Picture thing is pure white.
I don't think that's normal...
why does it look like its been mspainted up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom