• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
See, I don't mind hard when it's at least inventive. Say what you want about Panga, but it's clear he takes a lot of time and effort working out every meticulous detail in order to make the most sadistic levels possible.

When I don't like them is when they're just "three Bowsers in a cramped room with Bullet Bills everywhere". There's a way to do hard but fair, and there's a way to do hard but cheap. And the line between both isn't as thin as it looks.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think i just found the worst level in SMM.
And i am talking about the second level. I hate those people like this that get more attention than other people that put actual effort in their level.
Yeah, it sucks that the levels get stars based on the person rather than the level.
On the other hand, oh my god this was so fun to watch XD
Only the women did.
...Bruh

D

Deleted member

The only levels I hate are automated levels and instant death traps
I can forgive music levels because you have to put thought into it and there is a point in shating it unlike automated ones who are literally always the same thing
As for Alpha's level, I can forgive him because that level was intentionally bad

And also, water levels
I just skip whenever I see one in the 100 Mario challenge

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
then please, show me exactly where she distributed the octoling skin for others to use
(spoilers: she didn't)
the octoling skin is in the game as of 2.0.0. unless you're trying to somehow say she uploaded her code onto nintendo's update server
splatoon is a popular game
nikki is not the only dataminer in the world
somebody else would have found it if she hadn't. that is a fact

nikki and tamaki both do work involving uncovering info that the bulk of the public wouldn't have been aware of otherwise. trying to unperson her because sometimes she's like "haha jk" is... really toxic and ridiculous?
why don't we just all block and ignore @gameonion. he's made fake leaks, what a loser
this line of thinking goes nowhere good
Again, not even what I said, I am not clear? I said she exposed the octoling model, not made it. Nobody else datamines splatoon( correct me if I'm wrong but we only discuss her). So I find the chances of it appearing without her unlikely. Is she all of the problem? No others were as well. And again comparing her to Tama is unecessary. They are very different and as I said, Tama doesn't lie, she constantly does about leaks. That's where my post came from, she shouldn't be trusted and be ignored unless for datamining. And there was no need to bring gameonion into this. He at least is honest when it's him. But this needs to be dropped, it's gone on to long.

On a different note,

Stealth is expecting info tomorrow unannounced.
I think we could get a direct mini or some type of video presentation then.
Which do you think is more likely?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah, it sucks that the levels get stars based on the person rather than the level.
On the other hand, oh my god this was so fun to watch XD

...Bruh
I am still feeling kinda bad for the poor guy. (Major) Who doesn't known what to do in some situation and die. (Even tough, i kinda like him because of that.)
The only levels I hate are automated levels and instant death traps
I can forgive music levels because you have to put thought into it and there is a point in shating it unlike automated ones who are literally always the same thing
As for Alpha's level, I can forgive him because that level was intentionally bad

And also, water levels
I just skip whenever I see one in the 100 Mario challenge
Auto level and instant death trap level are the bane of SMM. But atleast with auto level. It make thing faster for unlocking costume in 100 Mario Challenger.
And for water level, it's kinda hard to do a good one i will say. Because of the physic and all that, if only water section was possible in normal level.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The only levels I hate are automated levels
automated levels
This.
These are not fun at all and have no place in Mario Maker.
The ghost tool makes them easy to accomplish, they're overabundant, and I prefer to play my game, not watch it.
It was actually special on YouTube when it required an insane amount of work and Rom hacking to do.

D

Deleted member

I'm currently in the last stretch of EOIIU and I'm now using wall pieces and soft floors to make food
I have serious doubts about this so called genius chef

Ivander

Smash Legend
The best automated level.
I swear that is the JP equivalent to the Duck Tales theme song. At first, you can't remember all of the song, but than as you start humming/singing the beginning, it all starts coming back to you and you end up humming/singing the entire song.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The floor is made of clay
And Regina just said it's not supposed to be eaten
I'm not trusting this guy's recipes again
Bah, who needs things like "common sense"? If it works, why not?
Some say it's inanity, I say it's taking advantage of resources.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
No.
Sami can be so much more than this, and Snake's moves don't fit her at all.
Oh, I completely agree. However, I have a few reasons for my line of thought:

• We are probably never getting Snake back. That means that even if every single veteran otherwise came back, were always going to have one super unique moveset never to return. So, to preserve it for future games we need a Nintendo character who an feasibly take it as their own. Sami is a weapon's expert, she's almost always depicted in official art with a rocket launcher or some other type of weapon, so having at least some of his moves makes a lot of sense.
  • Sami is one of the most popular characters in Advance Wars, and for good reason. However, she is technically not the main character; that honor falls to Andy. Give Andy the comical tank- and wrench-based moveset and give Sami the comical rocket launcher- and mine-based moveset and you're able to represent two halves of Advance Wars. Andy would be the more likely to have a full-blown "Tankromancer" summoning moveset anyways.
  • I never said that she should take Snake's moveset just as it is. That would be dumb, and you are absolutely correct that it doesn't fit her. However, just because Sami would for all intents-and-purposes inherit his moves doesn't mean she needs to be exactly the same. We were taking about pseudo-clones, after all. Think about Wolf, about Luigi. Just how similar are they exactly to Fox and Mario. Their normals are completely different, and their specials, while similar in appearance, have completely different properties, and in Wolf's case, he may shoot a laser blast for his Neutral-B, but the blaster itself and the color of the laser bolt (AKA the visuals) are different as well. So basically, my point is that Sami can fill his niche, she doesn't need to take his moveset 1-1. All of her normals would be tailored to her, her specials would be relatively the same to acclimate Snake players, but they would not only have different properties to Snake's original moves, but their aesthetics wouldn't be hyper-realistic, they'd be cartoonized Advance Wars weapons, and cartoony explosions, rockets, etc.
  • Advance Wars deserves representation. The most it's received is an assist trophy, a trophy of that AT, and some songs on one stage IIRC. For one of Nintendo's relatively big franchises, that's not a lot, especially compared to newer games like Wonderful 101 that got a lot of representation. So as a character, Sami is pretty popular within the franchise. Her and Andy are on about-equal ground. But because Sami, as outlined above, could take on a pseudo form on Snake's moveset, she has the edge on Andy who deserves something more unique because even despite having everything tailored uniquely to her, Sami would be easier to make than Andy because they already have Snake's moveset as a base, they'd just need to port it forward and make the necessary changes. They've already shown with Lucas that they can basically port a character forward from Brawl and make them relatively quickly (as Lucas looked basically completely finished you the time they showed him in April), and while granted, tailoring everything to Sami and making her a pseudo-clone would take more time than just porting Snake's moveset forward as-is, it would be a lot less work than creating a newcomer moveset fro scratch. More akin to Roy, actually.
  • Who actually is there to take his moveset and/or his niche? Snake himself is probably never coming back - he was added as a favor for Kojima and now with the Kojima-Konami relationship, Sakurai and Nintendo both are unlikely to ask for him again. A few people have suggested Pico from F-Zero, but F-Zero's never getting another character amirite? (*cries*) He's also not that well-known and definitely not a popular character in his series in comparison to more-requested picks like Black Shadow, Samueai Goroh, and even Jody Summers. Sami, by contrast to both on different points, is a Nintendo character; is a main character in her game, co-protagonist even; and though Advance Wars is more niche of a series than Fire Emblem, lots of Nintendo fans and people in general know who Andy and Sami are. That character recognition makes her a good dark horse pick, and unlike Snake, if she got in that moveset would be likely to stay because she, in turn, would be likely to stay due to being a first-party character.

So all in all, she's the most plausible, popular, and likely character to ultimately take up a pseudo-cloned form of Snake's moveset. She would represent a new series, be about as easy to create as Roy, and would fill a niche that was lost from the last game and be likely to continue to fill it in future games.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I like auto levels in mario maker IF they actually have creativity in them. It's gotten really bland and boring now. The other day I came across 4 auto levels in mario maker on easy in 100 mario challenge. They all were the exact same thing. You just rode a skull coaster and that''s it. It was really boring. At least the few that are ranked highly on the level portal have a lot going on and a lot of things come into play that make you complete it. Those are fun as they keep you entertained, just a skull coaster and calling it an auto level isn't good at all...

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i agree with Inawordyes Inawordyes sami as a psuedo snake clone would rock and it kinda feels both roles of getting advance wars content and bringing back a unqiue moveset without going through all the hussle of bringing snake back

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'm gonna make a new level in MM
It's a straight line until the pole with max scroll speed
It's called [AUTO]

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's called [AUTO]
It really is sad that that's the trend. I did find a neat auto level, which is only like 10 blocks long. The goal is right at the start but you can only reach it through holding nothing. It uses enemies, a few springs, and moving platforms. it was small but done really well.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It's called [AUTO]
You should hide a thwomp out of the screen's view to crash on the people who do nothing and spam Laugh SFX
I'd give it a star if I had MM

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If we're talking about rumours, I've chosen not to take part in the Shovel Knight rumour, he's only appeared in one game that's been out for a year and hasn't even been localized in Japan, not to mention the fact that his support died off early on, and he doesn't really have anything that makes him special like other third-parties. Putting him in the game would not be a smart move for Nintendo.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You should hide a thwomp out of the screen's view to crash on the people who do nothing and spam Laugh SFX
I'd give it a star if you had MM
Now you've tempted me to make a level called hold nothing when instead youu actually have to move on your own, and it starts with this exact part...

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So I finally figured out what I'm going to put in my signature after using the Hype Train GIF as a placeholder.
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

NO CHANCE, THAT'S WHAT YOU GOT. :denzel:
:troll:
It's kind of cool making your own GIFs.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I once was tempted to make a level for babies. As in no matter what you do, you win. (Came up with it when I saw a lot of death's even in some of my easier levels) But I suppose it would just be another autolevel so I guess, nah...... :T

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Giving Sami a semi-cloned Snake moveset is just as dumb as giving Ganondorf Captain Falcon's moveset.
(Of course Falcon's moveset actually does sort-of fit on OOT Ganondorf)
Except there's no excuse of time constraints for Sami, because Snake isn't in Smash 4 and she would be DLC.

Honestly, Snake's playstyle would be better fit for Inklings than it would Sami. That's how poorly it would represent her.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I once was tempted to make a level for babies. As in no matter what you do, you win. (Came up with it when I saw a high death rate even in some of my easier levels) But I suppose it would just be another autolevel so I guess, nah...... :T
How to make a Win Level;
1) Make the Goal as close to the start as possible
2) Raise the start up by 1 block so they don't get caught on the flagpole
3) Spam invisible blocks above Mario's head so he can't jump
4) Make a Homing Bill Cannon shoot a Spring into you first thing that launches you into the flagpole
5) Rave Party + Clapping SFX
you did eet

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Making auto levels has had my interest lately. Maybe it's because I am an animator and the key to auto levels is finding the perfect frame.

I've been using the generic spring cannon to start though and am wondering if there is a better way

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Making auto levels has had my interest lately. Maybe it's because I am an animator and the key to auto levels is finding the perfect frame.

I've been using the generic spring cannon to start though and am wondering if there is a better way
Helmet + Bowser + Thwomp
Helmet placed immediately above Mario to absorb the hit, Bowser placed behind Mario (This activates Bowser's rush mode, so he can hit you first thing, + invincibility frames push Mario if he bumps into King Koopa) to push you on your way and the Thwomp is to kill Bowser to prevent any fireball shenanigans.
I don't even have Mario Maker.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
How to make a Win Level;
1) Make the Goal as close to the start as possible
2) Raise the start up by 1 block so they don't get caught on the flagpole
3) Spam invisible blocks above Mario's head so he can't jump
4) Make a Homing Bill Cannon shoot a Spring into you first thing that launches you into the flagpole
5) Rave Party + Clapping SFX
you did eet
I've put a lot of springs that all pushed you towards the flagpole, although I kinda noticed a glitch where you can avoid them by performing a ground pound thus still scoring yourself a kill by letting the timer run out. I might do and post the course sometime just for funz though.

Your idea is neat too. ^^

Last edited:
I checked the sales charts True posted, and Style Savvy and Nintendo Land are among Nintendo's biggest franchises not with a deconfirmed role yet, both nearing 4 million in sales total. Certainly interesting stuff.
Metroid Prime outsold Animal Crossing, very indiviidual mario party on the system and pokemon colliseum.
Damn
RIP MP2 and 3 though

Nikki is apparently off ranting about the next Smash Bros character lol

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Metroid Prime outsold Animal Crossing, very indiviidual mario party on the system and pokemon colliseum.
Damn
RIP MP2 and 3 though

Nikki is apparently off ranting about the next Smash Bros character lol
I no longer have interest in rumors, mainly because of how farce the whole Shovel Knight thing sounds.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Helmet + Bowser + Thwomp
Helmet placed immediately above Mario to absorb the hit, Bowser placed behind Mario (This activates Bowser's rush mode, so he can hit you first thing, + invincibility frames push Mario if he bumps into King Koopa) to push you on your way and the Thwomp is to kill Bowser to prevent any fireball shenanigans.
I don't even have Mario Maker.
Oh but that has to be an world or Wii u

I use Mario 3

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
upload_2015-10-18_14-53-52.png

upload_2015-10-18_14-54-4.png

upload_2015-10-18_14-54-18.png

>No games that start with T
How am I supposed to find Voice Clips of TY without them being uploaded in the first place
grumblegrumble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom