• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khoru

Smash Champion
quote removed
i mean if you completely remove something from context then yeah you can totally flip my viewpoint around

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
i mean if you completely remove something from context then yeah you can totally flip my viewpoint around
Never mind, I was wrong. I didn't read it all the way through.
Sorry about that.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm going to be honest. I don't reakly believe Nikki at all. It's just were in the situation right now of "who do I trust".

He said it was Nintendo related and the past few things that happened (like Skull Kid being confirmed for HW and Twilight Princess HD) he keeps saying "that's not what I was told about. trust me. you'll know it when you see it."
Huh...

Y'know, if he was really just blowing smoke, he could've claimed credit for either of these being what he's referring to. He's been so vague, he could have cashed in twice by now.

...Crap. I don't like the implications of that.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
[starts singing songs of friendship]

We're 3-5 days away from taking a dump on some leaks (or having them dumped on us), so let's all just chill until then. It's the weekend lets be peaceful and lovely to each other. Ripping each other apart for nor reason starts on humpday...

Until then, have some joy.

Chrono.

This thread has been in a serious "burn the witch" mode for awhile.

I mean this rumor thing is silly as hell but there's no real reason to be demonizing people, let's just chill out till it blows over.

Shroob

Sup?

I mean this rumor thing is silly as hell but there's no real reason to be demonizing people, let's just chill out till it blows over.
I think everyone is just starved for a new character. It's been 4 months since a new character, and yes, while getting 3 was nice, I honestly think if there was going to be SUCH A LONG GAP between the next character, they should have spaced out those three instead of giving them to us all at once.

We're basically all on edge.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

Ah, yeah, you're right... Snipped out my part of the guilt in that above. Sorry for contributing to the flames.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

Exactly. Everything's been messed up and I did not like the things I saw here. Perhaps such vilification is another reason why I don't frequent here often. Now then, an intriguing Twitter rumour I'd like for you to discuss so you can discuss the NX rather than hatred against Nikki.
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/10/1...-chips/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Based on this, and that it can handle Dragon Quest XI on PS4, this seems like Nintendo's going to be stepping up their game for the NX...! Interesting. Let's hope they actually adopt NX as the real name of the console (Cause that'd be awesome. P.S, please keep backwards compatibility)

And yes, I've changed my avi from Papyrus back to Clownpiece cuz the Touhou anniversary. *postpones celebratory artwork and Mario Maker level till after I've done more Studies of Religion revision, which was delayed because of visiting this thread. Things travel very quickly on the old NintenZone Social.*

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

This is really why we should chill on the "taking these rumors so seriously" card would be a good idea to do. Like, really, as much as I think her attention grabbing ways annoys me I bit, but this doesn't have to get anymore personal than just, you know, ignoring her and just sit back and wait til Monday. Which is, count it, 1 day from now. At least 3 is all we have to wait for for this whole thing to either die in a fire, or just be surprised it may end up true.

Really, people, just stay calm and don't let someone's ego make enemies in here. Please.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm just going to continue what I've been doing, quietly waiting until this coming Wednesday.
Adieu
tumblr_mjt4t7fgNM1rhrzbzo4_250.gif

Exactly. Everything's been messed up and I did not like the things I saw here. Perhaps such vilification is another reason why I don't frequent here often. Now then, an intriguing Twitter rumour I'd like for you to discuss so you can discuss the NX rather than hatred against Nikki.
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/10/1...-chips/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Based on this, and that it can handle Dragon Quest XI on PS4, this seems like Nintendo's going to be stepping up their game for the NX...! Interesting. Let's hope they actually adopt NX as the real name of the console (Cause that'd be awesome. P.S, please keep backwards compatibility)

And yes, I've changed my avi from Papyrus back to Clownpiece cuz the Touhou anniversary. *postpones celebratory artwork and Mario Maker level till after I've done more Studies of Religion revision, which was delayed because of visiting this thread. Things travel very quickly on the old NintenZone Social.*
I'll be really happy if this is true. And yes, the NX should be the official name.
If only so they can port MKX to it as "Mortal Kombat NX", or so "Super Smash Bros. Next" might actually be a thing.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Nintendo NX is such a cool name.

Let's hope they don't ruin it. Because honestly the worst thing about Nintendo's systems is the names. They've always had that weakness.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Nintendo NX is such a cool name.

Let's hope they don't ruin it. Because honestly the worst thing about Nintendo's systems is the names. They've always had that weakness.
The only good name I can think of they've done recently is 3DS since the console is basically a 3D DS.
New 3DS on the other hand...
Wii was dumb but serviceable. Wii U's name might have actually caused the thing to lose customers.

GameCube is perfect though. No one can convince me otherwise.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I think the easiest way to answer all this is "Why give a crap?". Because I'm going to be very honest with ya, it's been getting harder and harder to care.

Day in and day out, it's the same damn thing over and over. Heated argument after heated argument. It's gotten to the point to where bile is thrown over leaks, rumors that may or may not be true. And it's been getting jaded; Hell I've been getting jaded. I can't come into this place without hoping that maybe, just maybe this time the place isn't on fire. And by the looks of it I, as well as possibly many others, have been feeling the same way. And honestly, what's the point? It's not like getting angry over it is going to make us better people. We've already made fun of ourselves over it, as well as others. So if we can acknowledge our faults, why do we keep repeating them?

I've been playing the same song and dance for all three iterations of this thread now. All the way back to the Smash 4 Rumors and Leaks thread a long time ago. But it's not even fun anymore. It's become a chore to sit through this. Look, if they come true, whatever they do. If they don't, that's okay too. Oh sure there are the obviously fake leaks, but even they've become to muddle with each other.

And honestly, I feel like that's become a prime problem with these threads: It's point. It's reason for existing.

At first, I'll say it had a good reason to exist: Smash 4 was off the Nintendo news and everyone was hyped for it. And most looked towards the "leak busting police" for the legitimacy. Sure we were never 100% accurate (Palutena leak anyone?), but we still respected each other.

But the speculation period if over with. DLC is going to be said and done, and there will be no more leaks. No rumors, no "fake" walls of texts nor videos and pictures to riff on. Our job will be done. And it's shown. For the last couple weeks it's been nonstop with Shovel Knight, Roger, Sheath, Nikki, and anyone else who decided to join the fray. That's all we have. Occasionally we'll have something different, but it always comes back to the same dead horses we have lying around.

Even some of the "intellectual" users have been getting on my nerves. You'd think the guys that should know a thing or two about how not to be smarmy jackasses. But yet somehow having to gawk at someone else over pieces of text requires to have some tacked on sarcastic bull****. I've been this way, and I'm not the only one.

I do apologize if all this comes out as salty, or me being angry. But I'm not. Full disclosure, I had this whole angry fresh off the pan post all thought up, but as I was thinking about what curse words I should stick where, I questioned myself "Why does it matter?". What's the point of getting aggressive over something as small and petty as arguments over info that may or may not be true. There's no point to the leak police anymore. Let's face it, we were dead when the Social Group died. And now, now we're just skeletons.

Really now, I want an answer for this:
What's the reason for the NintenZone Social Thread existing?

Editor's Note: While typing this I did want to make note that I have nothing against the people here. If I did, then I wouldn't have typed out this wall as I did. And I do apologize if this seems tacked on, but it's been how I've felt for a very long time now.

I want to see this thread succeed, but as of right now I don't see a thread. I see a war. And like I've been spouting since the first few sentences, there's no point.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Speaking of Nintendo and names...

Why are they the ones that usually get the games named after their systems? (like Mario 64, Super Metroid, Tekken Advance, etc etc)

It's always been such a weird thing to me and Sony/MS seemingly don't do this (closest thing would be all those PSP games with "portable" in their name).

Funnily enough, I don't think the Gamecube ever had a game named after it.

Shroob

Sup?

Why does this thread exist? Simply put, speculation has always been, and always will be a huge part of what makes Smash Smash. I'm pretty sure the sole reason this thread exists is so that they can contain the speculation to one thread instead of it leaking all over Smashboards. When the rumor thread shut down and before the group was made, it basically just flowed into the chat thread. This thread is just to contain the main discussion of 'leaks' so it's nowhere else.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Because the mods said that the leaks group was getting too big and harder to moderate and as a result they simultaneously killed and resurrected the leak discussion by closing the main group and moved it discussion here, because it was easier to moderate and would bring more traffic to the NintenZone part of the website.

That's all I can really think of at the moment.

D

Deleted member

Funnily enough, I don't think the Gamecube ever had a game named after it.
I guess F-Zero GX technically counts since the "G" is an initial for "GameCube" while its arcade counterpart is called F-Zero AX.

Soul.

I'll be honest, the first time I saw this thread I thought it would be a general Nintendo discussion, but now I get that it's essentially the leaks group in a thread.

There's nothing wrong with that.

Arguments though, are, unless they are done in a civil manner and no calling out others because of who knows who and what. That's just the main problem.

---

On the subject of Nintendo and names, everyone's pretty much hoping they don't use "Wii" again. NX is a cool name and there's almost no point in dropping it. The handheld's name is still up in the air but it'll obviously be shown.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I think the easiest way to answer all this is "Why give a crap?". Because I'm going to be very honest with ya, it's been getting harder and harder to care.

Day in and day out, it's the same damn thing over and over. Heated argument after heated argument. It's gotten to the point to where bile is thrown over leaks, rumors that may or may not be true. And it's been getting jaded; Hell I've been getting jaded. I can't come into this place without hoping that maybe, just maybe this time the place isn't on fire. And by the looks of it I, as well as possibly many others, have been feeling the same way. And honestly, what's the point? It's not like getting angry over it is going to make us better people. We've already made fun of ourselves over it, as well as others. So if we can acknowledge our faults, why do we keep repeating them?

I've been playing the same song and dance for all three iterations of this thread now. All the way back to the Smash 4 Rumors and Leaks thread a long time ago. But it's not even fun anymore. It's become a chore to sit through this. Look, if they come true, whatever they do. If they don't, that's okay too. Oh sure there are the obviously fake leaks, but even they've become to muddle with each other.

And honestly, I feel like that's become a prime problem with these threads: It's point. It's reason for existing.

At first, I'll say it had a good reason to exist: Smash 4 was off the Nintendo news and everyone was hyped for it. And most looked towards the "leak busting police" for the legitimacy. Sure we were never 100% accurate (Palutena leak anyone?), but we still respected each other.

But the speculation period if over with. DLC is going to be said and done, and there will be no more leaks. No rumors, no "fake" walls of texts nor videos and pictures to riff on. Our job will be done. And it's shown. For the last couple weeks it's been nonstop with Shovel Knight, Roger, Sheath, Nikki, and anyone else who decided to join the fray. That's all we have. Occasionally we'll have something different, but it always comes back to the same dead horses we have lying around.

Even some of the "intellectual" users have been getting on my nerves. You'd think the guys that should know a thing or two about how not to be smarmy jackasses. But yet somehow having to gawk at someone else over pieces of text requires to have some tacked on sarcastic bull****. I've been this way, and I'm not the only one.

I do apologize if all this comes out as salty, or me being angry. But I'm not. Full disclosure, I had this whole angry fresh off the pan post all thought up, but as I was thinking about what curse words I should stick where, I questioned myself "Why does it matter?". What's the point of getting aggressive over something as small and petty as arguments over info that may or may not be true. There's no point to the leak police anymore. Let's face it, we were dead when the Social Group died. And now, now we're just skeletons.

Editor's Note: While typing this I did want to make note that I have nothing against the people here. If I did, then I wouldn't have typed out this wall as I did. And I do apologize if this seems tacked on, but it's been how I've felt for a very long time now.

I want to see this thread succeed, but as of right now I don't see a thread. I see a war. And like I've been spouting since the first few sentences, there's no point.
It seems like every other day there's someone here making a big soapbox post about "the arguments" and chiding the people here, and I find them more annoying than "the arguments" ever are.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Finally good rumors about the NX

I wonder if Nintendo listened to fans or these are more false rumors

All the rumors months ago were that it was trash

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/10/1...-can-only-run-on-pcs-with-cutting-edge-chips/
So apparently the Nintendo NX tech demo cannot be run on PC's with out "industry-leading" or "cutting-edge" chips.

Rumor or not, this sounds really good to me. As in, my reaction if Nintendo indeed had cutting edge chips (and potentially the world's first 4K capable home console) would be:
You've already been :4greninja:'d :p

But yes, it'd be awesome to see a super-powered Nintendo console!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm actually rewatching some gameplay videos of Sonic 2006.

Dude, such wasted potential...

- 9 playable characters
- Awesome soundtrack
- Retains the same exploration idea from Adventure 1
- Interesting plot and villain
- Bad*ss names for Eggman's robots (Egg Cerberus, Egg Wyvern :cool:)

...But all messed up by :
- The glitch extravaganza
- The poor level design
- The unnecessary speed up sections for Sonic
- Silver's voice
- Elise

Oh well.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman

- 9 playable characters
- Awesome soundtrack

- The poor level design
- Silver's voice
- Elise

Oh well.
IT'S NO USE.

I still have nightmares.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

- 9 playable characters
- Awesome soundtrack

- The poor level design
- Silver's voice
- Elise

Oh well.
I agree. Although I really think the realistic approach for Sonic games is unnecessary most of the time.
It works in Unleashed because of the cartoony humans, but the contrast between Sonic and the ugly humans in 06 is jarring.
Also:
- Silver
Fixed.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
And I'll say that's not the case.

PushDustIn PushDustIn may know something, but I don't know anything. TheAnvil TheAnvil knows something but he didn't tell it to every SG contributor.
Really? He told me.
...What? I'm lying? YOU HAVE NO PROOF!
...What? I should prove that I DO know rather than just saying I do?
Pfffft, nah.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
You know, that does bring me to something I've been wondering since this all started...
Did the original, anonymous person who started all this give some form of evidence to those he initially told? Like a screenshot or video or anything? Or is this all just word-of-mouth since the source is apparently trustworthy?
I'd like an answer to that, even if we obviously won't see anything ourselves if it's the former.

Shroob

Sup?
You know, that does bring me to something I've been wondering since this all started...
Did the original, anonymous person who started all this give some form of evidence to those he initially told? Like a screenshot or video or anything? Or is this all just word-of-mouth since the source is apparently trustworthy?
I'd like an answer to that, even if we obviously won't see anything ourselves if it's the former.
I have a feeling that no one will make a peep until the 23rd blows over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom