• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
To be honest, I feel skeptical over it all in general. I don't deny that I'm really hopeful, but I feel like...while something could happen, I kinda wish everyone just...let it happen, instead of the constant potential teasing of something new.
I'd much rather be surprised when something is officially shown/announced.

...that's not saying I dislike leaks and rumors, though. those are fun to discuss/speculate.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
To be honest, I feel skeptical over it all in general. I don't deny that I'm really hopeful, but I feel like...while something could happen, I kinda wish everyone just...let it happen, instead of the constant potential teasing of something new.
I'd much rather be surprised when something is officially shown/announced.

...that's not saying I dislike leaks and rumors, though. those are fun to discuss/speculate.
I totally agree with this.

I'd rather just not have any sort of leak at all than the "partial information" crap.

I understand the reason for secrecy, but at the same time, it just strikes me as utterly pointless to say "GUYS I GOT TOP SECKRIT NEWS, COOL STUFF IS GONNA HAPPEN SOON!".

What RogersBase did was fine, but Stealth just seems like he's attention starved. The constant hints, teasing, and even public appearances (the whole debacle where GameFAQs users caused him to privatize his Twitter for a while) are really indicative of that.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
my understanding of anvil is that he verified that stealth was stealth
that's all

"guys why did tama leave"
That's a completely different subject. No offense but it was this thread that started fights with him, sure his altitude may not be the greatest, but he is by no means a bad guy. He was doing his job as he puts it. Just a reporter. Nickki is literally a dataminer who uses her popularity as well to troll the **** people and outright lie.
That is unacceptable. She is not even remotely comparable to Tama. So yes, my statement is very justified, and I could say worse after the **** she pulled yesterday where she outright ruined people's games and was just like: " Oh well, I did it cause whynot?"

That said, on a side note,
This week's smash bros conquest is sad.... I feel like it has to be an Iwata tribute though.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Why are we still hanging on the words of someone who claimed with full confidence that we were supposed to see a Direct yesterday?

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
My problem with stealth is that he just suddenly got news of a second character.I could buy him knowing 1 character at the very least but him just out of nowhere getting news of the second character.Seems more for a sign of attention than usual

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Why are we still hanging on the words of someone who claimed with full confidence that we were supposed to see a Direct yesterday?
Like we had any sort of reason to believe Nikki before then. She posts predictions as facts on a regular basis and there's not even any logical explanation for her having insider info like that.

She's a data miner. Nintendo's not going to feed her confidential information, and she's sure as hell not going to find Nintendo Direct and Smash Bros plans within Splatoon updates. All it should take is the very smallest amount of critical thinking to know that she's completely full of it and knows nothing aside from unreleased Splatoon maps and weapons.

My problem with stealth is that he just suddenly got news of a second character.I could buy him knowing 1 character at the very least but him just out of nowhere getting news of the second character.Seems more for a sign of attention than usual
I'd like to think that if we don't hear anything tomorrow about maintenance being scheduled for Monday, the whole house of cards will come tumbling down for Stealth.

Of course, this is Smash speculation, so nobody will care and all of this will continue undeterred just like Tower of Smash every time something came up that should've killed it.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
What I know is this, if the 23rd passes and we get nothing as usual.

I don't wanna see any excuses or jumping through hoops like "they delayed the announcements".

It's done, drop it and move along. We've seen nothing as of late and got nothing as of late.

Like I said, if anything happens in the upcoming week, it's more about the new unified account system created with the help of DeNA.

Which I'm actually more interested in than Smash or anything else because that means I don't have to lose my purchases

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Like we had any sort of reason to believe Nikki before then. She posts predictions as facts on a regular basis and there's not even any logical explanation for her having insider info like that.

She's a data miner. Nintendo's not going to feed her confidential information, and she's sure as hell not going to find Nintendo Direct and Smash Bros plans within Splatoon updates. All it should take is the very smallest amount of critical thinking to know that she's completely full of it and knows nothing aside from unreleased Splatoon maps and weapons.
Thank you, thank you, thank YOU!
I'm glad you post here Burb as you understand we should stop listening to her. She has no credibility and should be ignored unless it's datamining stuff!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yeah, saying he knows a 2nd character is pushing it.

I am somewhat expecting something this week but maybe not Smash related.

Thank you, thank you, thank YOU!
I'm glad you post here Burb as you understand we should stop listening to her. She has no credibility and should be ignored unless it's datamining stuff!
Even then we might as well take it with a grain of salt at this point. . .

At least there is less than a week until this ends. We either get the big news by Friday or we dump them like a sack of bricks and go about our leaves thirsty as usual.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
What I know is this, if the 23rd passes and we get nothing as usual.

I don't wanna see any excuses or jumping through hoops like "they delayed the announcements".
I'm almost completely certain that it's going to survive past that.

Stealth's comments really shouldn't survive past Monday if there's no maintenance, but that's even less likely to kill it than the 23rd.

Even then we might as well take it with a grain of salt at this point. . .

At least there is less than a week until this ends. We either get the big news by Friday or we dump them like a sack of bricks and go about our leaves thirsty as usual.
No, we really shouldn't take anything Nikki says even with a grain of salt.

She knows nothing. Her word is as credible as any of ours.

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Has anything even been mentioned by Nintendo about maintenance?

I could've sworn we were usually informed of these things beforehand, and it's already Sunday in Japan.

I would assume that "absolutely massive online maintenance" is something that would result in online services being disrupted, and a warning would be required.
It's listed on the site that everything is going to be down for like 5 hours on Monday...

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm still skeptical on the rumor overall. I think that if nothing happens Monday, then it's either fake or pushed back, but I would be inclined to say fake.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Stealth's comments really shouldn't survive past Monday if there's no maintenance, but that's even less likely to kill it than the 23rd.

Well he said the big announcement is coming around the 23rd so I'm just going by that and most cases I'm going by next Sunday, if we get nothing for next Sunday, we drop this charade and go on our merry way

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Last edited:

I meant towards the datamining. I specifically said she was Bull**** last page and was annoyed people are even giving her any attention at all.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I meant towards the datamining. I specifically said she was Bull**** last page and was annoyed people are even giving her any attention at all.
Oh, I see.

Agreed, then. It's not even a "grain of salt" type thing with her Splatoon findings. They're always legitimate. It's just the crap about Nintendo Direct, amiibo, and basically anything you wouldn't find in Splatoon updates that ends up being bull.

Ivander

Smash Legend
We're getting close to the brink, eh? Well, after much consideration...
I'm pretty sure this represents us, the fanbase and the leakers in a nutshell. Just replace "end of the universe" to "Nintendo Direct/leaker date" and "purpose of life" with greatest news.

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I'm still skeptical on the rumor overall. I think that if nothing happens Monday, then it's either fake or pushed back, but I would be inclined to say fake.
That doesn't make sense though, because that's still 4 days before the rumor claimed it would happen by. The only reason anyone is saying something is happening earlier in the week is because of the big maintenance on Monday so they're thinking maybe Nintendo is moving it up to earlier in the week. 23rd is the confirmation of "fake or pushed back" because that's the actual "it'll happen by this date"

Roger confirmed the 23rd was the date he's aware of. He said he wouldn't be surprised if we got it earlier though, given the circumstances.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Thank you.

I don't typically check for when maintenance is going to happen, so I wouldn't have known where to start.

I take it this was known before Stealth's tweet, though? Because if it wasn't, that would be pretty huge evidence in the leak's favor.
No, the maintenance was announced not too long ago. The whole 23rd fiasco predates this.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
No, the maintenance was announced not too long ago. The whole 23rd fiasco predates this.
I know that, that's not what I'm asking.

I'm asking about Stealth's tweet about maintenance on Monday. Not about the announcement on the 23rd.

Shroob

Sup?

I'm asking about Stealth's tweet about maintenance on Monday. Not about the announcement on the 23rd.
I wasn't even aware he made a tweet about the maintenance on Monday. I was under the assumption that Nikki was the first person to note it, and that was only because she linked to the official post about it.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I'm pretty sure the maintenance was announced before Stealth mentioned it. I think it was last Monday or so when we knew about the maintenance.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero

I don't think they were aware of the maintenance. I'm pretty sure the reason they're claiming something is happening Monday is because of the maintenance so they think that Nintendo may make announcements or whatever they will do during the maintenance time.
Roger said something about it happening BY the 23rd, but given the maintenance he could see it happening on Monday.
So that's why everyone is speculating for earlier next week instead of end of the week.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I'm going to be honest. I don't reakly believe Nikki at all. It's just were in the situation right now of "who do I trust". In trying to verify information, I figured she'd be the easiest to talk to since I could PM her easily.
In my opinion, I just think she's out for a little attention.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I'm going to be honest. I don't reakly believe Nikki at all. It's just were in the situation right now of "who do I trust". In trying to verify information, I figured she'd be the easiest to talk to since I could PM her easily.
In my opinion, I just think she's out for a little attention.
I mean you can't trust anyone but Nintendo themselves at this point. It IS possible someone lied to Roger also. It's not like he still works at Nintendo to definitely know. In all fairness, has Roger or Stealth or whoever actually claimed to have SEEN what they know? I'm pretty sure Stealth and one or two other people only know it because of Roger telling them (and then I guess however Nikki knows it if she actually does)
but I don't think anyone has actually SEEN it from what I've heard.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I mean you can't trust anyone but Nintendo themselves at this point. It IS possible someone lied to Roger also. It's not like he still works at Nintendo to definitely know. In all fairness, has Roger or Stealth or whoever actually claimed to have SEEN what they know? I'm pretty sure Stealth and one or two other people only know it because of Roger telling them (and then I guess however Nikki knows it if she actually does)
but I don't think anyone has actually SEEN it from what I've heard.
Has Roger even said it's Smash related?

Khoru

Smash Champion
and I could say worse after the **** she pulled yesterday where she outright ruined people's games and was just like: " Oh well, I did it cause whynot?"
that's not what she did at all lmao
please learn what you're talking about

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Has Roger even said it's Smash related?
He said it was Nintendo related and the past few things that happened (like Skull Kid being confirmed for HW and Twilight Princess HD) he keeps saying "that's not what I was told about. trust me. you'll know it when you see it."

But Stealth had tweeted that Roger told him what it was and claimed it was Smash related, and Roger didn't deny it when Stealth tagged him about it so... I dunno. I know Roger is keeping it more on the d/l, probably so he doesn't implicate whoever told him by keeping it vague. His "companions" have claimed it's Smash-related though.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
And PSP and PSVita for Sony.

HEY. So does anyone still need Tri Force Heroes code(s)? The people I was giving mine to ended up saying they found another one or weren't going to have time to test out the online... plus you can't play with friends online anyway soooooo
I still have two lmao
I could use them, since download play doesn't work. My cousins would be grateful

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
that's not what she did at all lmao
please learn what you're talking about
Really? Lmao is how you would end that....
You do realize( and this was brought up multiple times by people yesterday) she said she made the octoling skin and that it has no relation to octolings being playable. She literally exploited the game and made it available to others as there were multiple octoling players. Encountering them ruined game files. So yes, if she didn't bring that to light, it wouldn't have happened. She had no care over her actions. And you completely ignored the rest of my post and my point about how she she be completely ignored. When you touch upon that, then you can go "lmao" and try to make me look like an idiot.
That doesn't make sense though, because that's still 4 days before the rumor claimed it would happen by. The only reason anyone is saying something is happening earlier in the week is because of the big maintenance on Monday so they're thinking maybe Nintendo is moving it up to earlier in the week. 23rd is the confirmation of "fake or pushed back" because that's the actual "it'll happen by this date"

Roger confirmed the 23rd was the date he's aware of. He said he wouldn't be surprised if we got it earlier though, given the circumstances.
Oh I know, it's just I find anything after the 20th less likely. However the results of the maintenance could be interesting. I still will believe the rumor and say that the 23rd is the full cutoff, I just have the strange feeling that after the 20th it's less likely as opposed to what the rumor says.

Shroob

Sup?
You do realize( and this was brought up multiple times by people yesterday) she said she made the octoling skin and that it has no relation to octolings being playable. She literally exploited the game and made it available to others as there were multiple octoling players. Encountering them ruined game files. So yes, if she didn't bring that to light, it wouldn't have happened. She had no care over her actions. And you completely ignored the rest of my post and my point about how she she be completely ignored. When you touch upon that, then you can go "lmao" and try to make me look like an idiot.

Oh I know, it's just I find anything after the 20th less likely. However the results of the maintenance could be interesting. I still will believe the rumor and say that the 23rd is the full cutoff, I just have the strange feeling that after the 20th it's less likely as opposed to what the rumor says.
She didn't 'make' the skin. She hacked the game to model swap her Inkling with the Octoling's model.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
She didn't 'make' the skin. She hacked the game to model swap her Inkling with the Octoling's model.
That's the better word I was looking for thanks, I was using skin, but wasn't positive on that being the correct term..

Khoru

Smash Champion
then please, show me exactly where she distributed the octoling skin for others to use
(spoilers: she didn't)
the octoling skin is in the game as of 2.0.0. unless you're trying to somehow say she uploaded her code onto nintendo's update server
splatoon is a popular game
nikki is not the only dataminer in the world
somebody else would have found it if she hadn't. that is a fact

nikki and tamaki both do work involving uncovering info that the bulk of the public wouldn't have been aware of otherwise. trying to unperson her because sometimes she's like "haha jk" is... really toxic and ridiculous?
why don't we just all block and ignore @gameonion. he's made fake leaks, what a loser
this line of thinking goes nowhere good

Chrono.

The person who was ruining save files was found and banned anyway.

It was a Japanese player

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or correcting me because this is the internet and context is hard.

Just in case it's the latter, I already know this. I never believed her for a moment, I'm asking because I find it baffling that people still believe her (or ever did in the first place).

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I know this. I never believed her for a moment, I'm asking because I find it baffling that people still believe her (or ever did in the first place).
The only reason people are giving her any hint of belief at the moment is because she's piggy backing off this current leak, and neither Stealth_ nor Roger have discredited her claims.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero

Dude, don't claim stuff that's not true. She didn't give anyone the model or anything, she didn't like do a step-by-step on how to do it. All she did was make it known that it was possible and other people swapped the models. And now you're claiming she had no care over her actions EVEN THOUGH SHE MADE PEOPLE AWARE THAT IT CORRUPTS SAVE DATA AFTER THAT WAS DISCOVERED. It's not like she went "haha people are getting corrupted" she made sure people who followed her knew that Octolings showing up could corrupt data.
Honestly, you're just making yourself look bad by being wrong about what you're saying, nobody else is making you look like an idiot. You're trying to make her out to be way worse than she really is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom