• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

I don't think 3DS will change to NNIDs anytime soon; I would honestly wait for its successor to have that.
More like, if your console breaks/gets stolen or you simply upgrade to a better model, you can sign in to your account and download all your games again.
Oh.

This could mean you'd prolly never lose your account if the console got bricked/damaged/whatever.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don't think 3DS will change to NNIDs anytime soon; I would honestly wait for its successor to have that.

Oh.

This could mean you'd prolly never lose your account if the console got bricked/damaged/whatever.
Yeah, so long as you remember your account details.

This also means you can download your games on to other people's consoles which they can then keep.
My friends quite often do this on their PS4s.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Yeah, so long as you remember your account details.

This also means you can download your games on to other people's consoles which they can then keep.
My friends quite often do this on their PS4s.
It depends on how the account system works. On the Xbox 360, for example, you can download games onto other people's consoles but you can only play them when you are logged into that specific account. That way two people can't play the same game at the same time, and both would have to share account login info as well.

Soul.

PS3 and PS4 do let people log out and log back in on any console, yes? Essentially, no "restricted to only one console; aka yours."

Nintendo should do this if that's the case.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It depends on how the account system works. On the Xbox 360, for example, you can download games onto other people's consoles but you can only play them when you are logged into that specific account. That way two people can't play the same game at the same time, and both would have to share account login info as well.
I don't think it works that way on PSN.
Games are tied to accounts but when downloaded act as if they're tied to the console.
I can access my friend's account on my PS3 and download his games, then play them in my account. Similarly, I can play my games on his account.
Also, when the PSN was hacked and people were given free games, because some of them had multiple accounts on the one console, they managed to get all the games.
PS3 and PS4 do let people log out and log back in on any console, yes? Essentially, no "restricted to only one console; aka yours."

Nintendo should do this if that's the case.
Yes. You can have multiple people signing in and out.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Does any remember Allen's/Guile's theme in the EX game? It was to me one of the best themes in the SF series (Even though I've never played EX, but played SFIV). If it was remixed in SFIV it would maybe have similar instruments as Vega's theme.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Coming from someone who's lost an entire library of 3DS digital games because I wanted to change consoles, I'd love to see that implemented.

Soul.

Top 10 Video by Watch Mojo about what Nintendo need to do with the NX:

Opinions?
I don't know if this user is cringeworthy but a few points of his are kinda true, especially when he says "Ditch the Wii name," "a stronger launch lineup" and a better hard drive storage.

The first two, they are a necessity at this point. I feel they tried to achieve the same success they did with Wii by virtue of Wii U, and ultimately failed to meet its expectations. The Wii name worked only once; put it again and you'll see even more people not buy it.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
* Watch Mojo
Just a warning, everyone.
It really isn't that bad :p

Coming from someone who's lost an entire library of 3DS digital games because I wanted to change consoles, I'd love to see that implemented.
This is more so what I mean @OurBraveHero.

So say we got a direct that revealed a universal account system with any games you download on the account you can download later.

But, what about all the games you downloaded before hand? Say you wanted to switch to a different console, what would happen to all those games you downloaded before the universal account thing was implemented?

Would you have to re buy them because they didn't get tied to your account? Or would the pre-exsisting games already on the console immediately get tied to your account so you can download them later?

I'm curious as to how they would go about this.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Actually, Knuckles is the Aussie, going by the Comic books. The Floating Island originates from Downunda.
So both Sonic and Knuckles are Aussies
And Tails is just
Tails
Tails, you need to get with the times. :4pacman:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Solid account systems feature Personal Messaging, Cross Game Chat, Game Invites and account customization. All of which the Nintendo Network fails to include.

No Nintendo. Miiverse does not substitute any of those features.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Lol. Well, she'd probably want Inklings, so this is probably that second character.

Which considering salt?

It's probably SK or someone else who the fanbase has been deemed ''unworthy" by the rules that they've created and labelled Sakurai's rules.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Lol. Well, she'd probably want Inklings, so this is probably that second character.

Which considering salt? It's probably SK or someone else who the fanbase has deemed ''unworthy" by the rules that they've created and labelled Sakurai's rules.
It's not SK, at least according to her. On her Twitter she said it was a First Party character.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Well, I've got nothing else to do right now.

I'm genuinely bored right now. I've got to keep myself entertained in some way lol.
Read a book. Watch a movie. Turn on Netflix and chill. Sit on the floor and count the number of dots on the ceiling. Roll around in dirt.
Whatever you do, just stop talking to her. You're just adding fuel to the fire, and she's doing nothing but fueling her own ego so she can keep this charade up like she's actually a relevant person in all this.

Chrono.

Which considering salt? It's probably SK or someone else who the fanbase has deemed ''unworthy" by the rules that they've created and labelled Sakurai's rules.
She said it's first party though /shrug

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Read a book. Watch a movie. Turn on Netflix and chill. Sit on the floor and count the number of dots on the ceiling. Roll around in dirt.
Whatever you do, just stop talking to her. You're just adding fuel to the fire, and she's doing nothing but fueling her own ego so she can keep this charade up like she's actually a relevant person in all this.
AAAAHHHHH. IT'S A FLOATING. SHOPPING. LIST.
:troll:
In all seriousness, I get what your saying. Although, she already has an ego with a bunch of her twitter followers. So, I don't really see the harm in doing this. If she gains more of an ego, we'll just simply ignore her then.

Chrono.

Still think it's Inklings, I don't see why the salt comment would immediately discount them.

Inklings have a huge fanbase, but they got a sizeable amount of vocal detractors who say "they're too new""they'd be cheap advertisement" etc etc

They would definitely cause salt

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Daisy is legitimately the only first party character I can see causing a high level of salt.

Maybe Tingle.
There are loads of first party characters that would cause salt.

The difference is that because the character is claimed to be popular, we're shutting ourselves from thinking of any curveball choices.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I define salt as a character that has some hatred stick with them even after the dust has settled.

See: R.O.B., Roy (DLC Roy that is), etc.

Inkling and Ridley would have initial bits of salt, but would quickly have a majority of everyone hyped.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Can I please nominate that a rule be made that that Nickki can not be mentioned here unless it's datamined stuff? We really should not be treating her as a leaker and fueling her ego anymore. She should only be viewed as a dataminer and given no other role, she gets way to much enjoyment out of trolling and she needs to learn to stop.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Top 10 Video by Watch Mojo about what Nintendo need to do with the NX:

Opinions?
Basically agree with all of their points.

I guess that shows that the major issues people have must be pretty universal. :p Here's hoping at least a majority of these get addressed.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Still think it's Inklings, I don't see why the salt comment would immediately discount them.

Inklings have a huge fanbase, but they got a sizeable amount of vocal detractors who say "they're too new""they'd be cheap advertisement" etc etc

Really though, what character wouldn't cause salt?.... Even if a well requested character makes it like K Rool or Wolf makes it, the "he was a costume/irreverent" people or the "we want newcomers, not vets!" people would still bring the salt...

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

Not to mention that they're SALTwater Squids.

Eh, eh?

:troll:

Chrono.

Really though, what character wouldn't cause slat?.... Even if a well requested character makes it like K Rool or Wolf makes it, the "he was a costume/irreverent" people or the "we want newcomers, not vets!" people would still bring the salt...
Yeah pretty much my point.

Her salt comment means nothing (not to mention no one else has made a similar comment and she said herself she's not familiar with Smash, so I assume she's not too terribly familiar with the community either).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom