• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
There are 4 members pranked on this thread....

And Etika... Why do I even bother.

Oh for the love of. :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So, a brief story on the video I'm about to post.

Someone on Neogaf made a theoretical wishlist roster. Apparently this counts as news to Etika.

This is literally the bottom of the barrel.

For ****'s sake Etika.

Shroob

Sup?
Though, on the original point, I will say that it does work. Shaving off the 4 pixels per square does make room for 6 more characters, and it does fit the common belief floating around atm that we're getting 2 more sets of 3 characters.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Marth is European, his fighting style incorparates fencing, a European style, mostly French and Spanish iirc. Does this mean Marth is our Hombrero?
I can see Marth hailing from Spain and Chrom and Lucina having Spanish influence.

Roy would maybe work from being from France, Ike would maybe work for England.

As for Robin, I have no idea where Robin would hail from. There isn't a lot of similarities towards Plegia and other Europe countries on the top of my head.

Also I can see Little Mac to be Italian-American like the Mario Bros. And Lucas and Samus having a little German in their blood

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Though, on the original point, I will say that it does work. Shaving off the 4 pixels per square does make room for 6 more characters, and it does fit the common belief floating around atm that we're getting 2 more sets of 3 characters.
This still doesn't explain the Wii U version...

Shroob

Sup?
This still doesn't explain the Wii U version...
The WiiU version still has room to stretch out, as we've seen since its reveal.

The 3ds, atm, is literally a perfect box. While I'm of the belief that they'll simply use a > button like they do with stages, it would work.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You all want to know what Nickki knows?

N O T H I N G !

She never has and never will! She won't stop if you keep acknowledging her. It's time to ignore her stupid trolling games. She's a dataminer, and even that's all. Even then I'm beginning to just ignore her before she fakes data for " the lulz"

D

Deleted member

I can see Marth hailing from Spain and Chrom and Lucina having Spanish influence.

Roy would maybe work from being from France, Ike would maybe work for England.

As for Robin, I have no idea where Robin would hail from. There isn't a lot of similarities towards Plegia and other Europe countries on the top of my head.

Also I can see Little Mac to be Italian-American like the Mario Bros. And Lucas and Samus having a little German in their blood
Plegia is actually supposed to be Africa so...

Shroob

Sup?
If nothing else, we're getting more DLC than what Sakurai lets on, imo.

The 3DS honestly feels almost like a Nostradamus when it comes to the future of DLC. Currently, the DLC stage section on the 3DS is missing I want to say 9 stage spots, iirc. I have a hard time believing that they'll leave those blank, especially since we know there's 3 coming thanks to datamining.

Strofirko

Smash Master
I think the monkey people=Brazil thing is biased,old and overused already.

Also seems nikki is having a bad time dealing with fame.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
6 more DLC characters would be a miracle. 10 DLC characters is just the perfect set, and something like this is what I hope happens....though, there's problems.

While there's that 3DS CSS mock up, I don't know how they would do it on the Wii U. There's two more slots for other characters on the Wii U. After that, they would have to shrink the CSS for the other boxes to fit in it. How small it could get is the problem though.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
6 more DLC characters would be a miracle. 10 DLC characters is just the perfect set, and something like this is what I hope happens....though, there's problems.

While there's that 3DS CSS mock up, I don't know how they would do it on the Wii U. There's two more slots for other characters on the Wii U. After that, they would have to shrink the CSS for the other boxes to fit in it. How small it could get is the problem though.
Well there was a theory that they could remove the names off the Wii U version. I don't have the picture but it's the one where Donkey Kong and Diddy filled the whole row

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Figure I'll make a list of sorts.

:4mario::4luigi::4drmario: - Italian-American

:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4feroy: - Medieval European - Ike in particular possibly being Eastern European
:4peach: - I remember seeing one theory that actually sounded rather plausible placing her as Russian-inspired
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4tlink::4ganondorf: - European, due to architectural and swordsmanship styles. Possibly southern Europe, accounting for the darker complexions on Sheikah and Gerudos.
:4littlemac: - American. Possibly Italian-American. This is outright confirmed.
:4shulk: - British
:4dk::4diddy: - African in origin; exact country unknown
:4pit::4darkpit::4palutena: - Greek
:4greninja: - French
:4lucario: - Egyptian
:4mewtwo: - Guyanese
:4charizard: - European (European Dragon)
:4pikachu::4jigglypuff: - Japanese
:4ness: - American
:4lucas: - Australian or a New Zealander
:4duckhunt: - Duck and Dog can be from...anywhere, really. Both species are widespread.
:4rob: - Japanese, Possibly Made-in-China
:4ryu: - Japanese
:4villager::4villagerf::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4duckhunt:(the shooter) - Player-Decided
:4wario: - Some form of European; I'd guess Eastern-European of some sort
:4falcon: - Possible American descent, but so far into the future and elsewhere in the galaxy that it'd be impossible to tell
:4wiifit::4wiifitm::rosalina: - Unknown; Not enough details given
Does Not Apply (for one reason or another) - :4bowser::4bowserjr::4olimar::4alph::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4megaman::4pacman::4sonic::4yoshi::4samus::4zss::4fox::4falco::4gaw:

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Yeah but then you could shave off a few more pixels per square/shrink everything down a tiny bit and fit even more characters. This isn't anything worth reporting on nor does it back any rumors or anything. It's literally "look what some guy did in 10 seconds on photoshop, start speculating"
I'm sorry but it's really dumb.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Figure I'll make a list of sorts.

:4mario::4luigi::4drmario: - Italian-American

:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4feroy: - Medieval European - Ike in particular possibly being Eastern European
:4peach: - I remember seeing one theory that actually sounded rather plausible placing her as Russian-inspired
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4tlink::4ganondorf: - European, due to architectural and swordsmanship styles. Possibly southern Europe, accounting for the darker complexions on Sheikah and Gerudos.
:4littlemac: - American. Possibly Italian-American. This is outright confirmed.
:4shulk: - British
:4dk::4diddy: - African in origin; exact country unknown
:4pit::4darkpit::4palutena: - Greek
:4greninja: - French
:4lucario: - Egyptian
:4mewtwo: - Guyanese
:4charizard: - European (European Dragon)
:4pikachu::4jigglypuff: - Japanese
:4duckhunt: - Duck and Dog can be from...anywhere, really. Both species are widespread.
:4rob: - Japanese, Possibly Made-in-China
:4ryu: - Japanese
:4villager::4villagerf::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4duckhunt:(the shooter) - Player-Decided
:4wario: - Some form of European; I'd guess Eastern-European of some sort
:4falcon: - Possible American descent, but so far into the future and elsewhere in the galaxy that it'd be impossible to tell
:4wiifit::4wiifitm::rosalina: - Unknown; Not enough details given
Does Not Apply (for one reason or another) - :4bowser::4bowserjr::4olimar::4alph::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4megaman::4pacman::4sonic::4yoshi::4samus::4zss::4fox::4falco::4gaw:
I can sort of make a case for Sonic resigning in America mostly due to Sonic Adventure 1&2 and his influence from Western culture.

And I can sort of see Ganondorf as somewhat from India/Africa or anywhere near that area by Europe. But that's just me

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I thought Sonic was born on Christmas Island, which is an external territory of Australia.
Shouldn't that be his thing then?

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Well there was a theory that they could remove the names off the Wii U version. I don't have the picture but it's the one where Donkey Kong and Diddy filled the whole row
I was thinking of mentioning that, but I think it wouldn't look right on the Wii U tbh. Maybe if I saw it then I'll think other wise.

Lets assume for a moment 10 is what we're getting for DLC characters. Here's what I would expect/want for the last 6.

• Wolf
  • Snake
  • King K. Rool
  • Inkling
  • Rayman
  • Issac
I didn't know who to decide on for the last choice, so I just put Issac there. To be honest, this fills the quotas that I would want to see. 5 veterans make a return, and 5 newcomers enter the fray. 3 3rd parties and 3 Nintendo newcomers as DLC. Add those choices with the ones we already have, and this would be perfect choices in my eyes (Though it could never be perfect to many).

Too bad this is a wish list and not an actual theory. :p

Soul.

3DS character slots are 40 x 44 pixels right.
...If they add the arrow, where would the Random slot be? Right next to it?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I thought Sonic was born on Christmas Island, which is an external territory of Australia.
Shouldn't that be his thing then?
Sonic has like 7 different home locations because of so many different canons.

He can be from America, from an expy of Australia, Mobius (****ing SatAM and Archie), another alien world or from discount DK Island

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
What would you guys recommened more Splatoon or Wonderful 101?Thinking of picking one up Monday and can't decided on what

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Even though I posted what she said, I still don't really believe her. She's practically lost all of her credibility in my opinion :p.

D

Deleted member

What would you guys recommened more Splatoon or Wonderful 101?Thinking of picking one up Monday and can't decided on what
Wonderful 101:
  • Great music
  • Beat em up gameplay
  • Giant bosses of destruction
  • Punch Out boss
  • Actual storyline
Splatoon
  • **** music
  • How do I play this
  • Bosses are small
  • No Punch Out references
  • No story

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I gave up on understanding Dragon Ball Super.

Toriyama is losing marbles worst than Miyamoto.

I'm also watching Jurassic Park, that movie is so damn horrifying that Dinosaurs are that ****ing smart in opening doors and how stupid for people to play God is bringing back freaking prehistoric monsters

Strofirko

Smash Master
Wonderful 101:
  • Great music
  • Beat em up gameplay
  • Giant bosses of destruction
  • Punch Out boss
  • Actual storyline
Splatoon
  • **** music
  • How do I play this
  • Bosses are small
  • No Punch Out references
  • No story
This seems a fair and unbiased review,IGN would hire you day one.:dazwa:

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
They're way too different to really compare them. It depends on if you want a multiplayer game or a single player game honestly. Also pretty sure Wonderful 101 is way cheaper than Splatoon at this point so... depends on your budget as well.

If your internet connection isn't great and you love character-action games plus have a tighter budget, go W101.
If you have a great internet connection and you love multiplayer shooters, go with Splatoon.

Considering Smash isn't even going down for maintenance, I'm not holding my breath.
Um.. everything is going down for maintenance though.

From Monday, October 19, 2015 2:00 PM
- Monday, October 19, 2015 7:00 PM Pacific Time

During the maintenance window, the following services may be unavailable.

• Wii U
    • - Online Play, Rankings, etc.
  • Nintendo 3DS
    • - Online Play, Rankings, etc.
From Monday, October 19, 2015 1:00 PM
- Monday, October 19, 2015 5:00 PM Pacific Time

During the maintenance window, the following services may be unavailable.

• Wii U
    • - Using Nintendo Network ID
  • Nintendo 3DS
    • - Using Nintendo Network ID

Edit: Note original post had leftovers from another post in it for some weird reason.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I think the arrow would make placement of other stuff pointless. Random would probably be IN

They're way too different to really compare them. It depends on if you want a multiplayer game or a single player game honestly. Also pretty sure Wonderful 101 is way cheaper than Splatoon at this point so... depends on your budget as well.

If your internet connection isn't great and you love character-action games plus have a tighter budget, go W101.
If you have a great internet connection and you love multiplayer shooters, go with Splatoon.

Um.. everything is going down for maintenance though.
On the big list of games they posted, Smash wasn't listed on it iirc. Splatoon was, but not Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom