• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That's not a fursona it's a

Better known as
Formido Oppugnatura Exsequens
Or Field-On Enemy if you're a weeb that goes by the Japanese names

Relevant
SHADDUP YA BALL OF FUR. MAH GRANMA GOT KILLED BY A FURRY BEAST OF HORROR AN THEREFORE ERRYTHIN WITH FUR MUST DIE
This should be Young Link's Forward Smash:
feex. That'd fit for Skull Kid though

D

Deleted member

SHADDUP YA BALL OF FUR. MAH GRANMA GOT KILLED BY A FURRY BEAST OF HORROR AN THEREFORE ERRYTHIN WITH FUR MUST DIE

feex. That'd fit for Skull Kid though
Techbically, it's not a ball of fur
But rather a physical manifestation of the a murderous deer
And I don't doubt one of these killed your Grandma

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Techbically, it's not a ball of fur
But rather a physical manifestation of the a murderous deer
And I don't doubt one of these killed your Grandma
DON'T ASK ME QUESTIONS FOE BOY

Context time, BB Hood is a serial killer in Darkstalkers and hates monsters because a werewolf killed her grandmother. It's amusing how she's a regular human yet the most malicious character

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
DON'T ASK ME QUESTIONS FOE BOY

Context time, BB Hood is a serial killer in Darkstalkers and hates monsters because a werewolf killed her grandmother. It's amusing how she's a regular human yet the most malicious character
I absolutely adoooooore BB Hood. <3

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Just kind of curious, in terms of Media, do you guys prefer Digital of Physical media?
I guess for me, It'd have to be Physical. The reason is mostly for the for mostly the box art and that you could potentially keep it for a long time if you take care if it well.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Just kind of curious in terms of Media, do you guys prefer Digital of Physical media?
I guess I prefer Physical for mostly the box art. As well as the fact that It'll last for a really long time (if you take care of it of course).
For consoles and handhelds it's physical due to the piss poor storage space (I shouldn't have to buy External Hard Drives or SD cards) whilst for PC it's digital because Steam and having huge storage space.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
About Smash 3DS/Wii U's past stages... This is the first game to have past stages from multiple previous Smash games. Brawl only had stages from Melee, ignoring any of the stages from Smash 64. Melee only had stages from Smash 64, for obvious reasons.

Combining both versions, there are:
- 4 stages from Smash 64 (amounts to 44.44% of Smash 64's playable stages)
- 6 stages from Melee (amounts to 25% of Melee's stages excluding past stages, Battlefield and Final Destination)
- 20 stages from Brawl (amounts to 68.97% of Brawl's stages excluding past stages, Battlefield and Final Destination)

Excluding Battlefield and Final Destination, there are 63 possible past stages, of which a total of 30 appear in Smash 4 (either 3DS, Wii U or both). Basically, almost half of the stages (precisely, 47.61%) introduced in previous Smash games are playable in this iteration of the franchise. Not too shabby, wouldn't you say?

Of course, it goes without saying that I'm including DLC stages here. I didn't count Battlefield and Final Destination because, aesthetics and slight differences aside, they appear in all games, following the same layout and serving the same purpose in single-player modes.

And that's it for this bit of Smash Bros. trivia.

Just kind of curious in terms of Media, do you guys prefer Digital of Physical media?
I guess for me, It'd have to be Physical. The reason is mostly for the for mostly the box art and that you could potentially keep it for a long time if you take care if it well.
I prefer physical for similar reasons you've stated.

Though nothing ever lasts forever...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Marvel vs Capcom 3 will never be a mistake for one reason only

POWER OF THE NOVA FORCE.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
The mvc/umvc rosters were actually pretty good aside from missing some classic characters (I miss Gambit) and the base gameplay wasn't bad. The issues imo are x factor lvl3, uneven distribution of supers (some characters done have lvl 3 supers and others have lvl 5 supers), obnoxiously long combos when certain characters are involved, and glitches that make the long combos easier. I'm ok with the ambiguous cross ups and mixups, the the fact that converting those into hour long combos is ridiculous.

The balance of the game isn't terrible at all though. There's a tono of viable character teams, unfortunately most players prefer mix up->land stray hit->TOD combo over focusing on neutral game and footsies. Seeing the same combos over and over doesnt help either.

It's why I like watching chrisg play and clockwerk play. They're capable of winning using uncommon, and arguably harder, strategies.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
The mvc/umvc rosters were actually pretty good aside from missing some classic characters (I miss Gambit) and the base gameplay wasn't bad. The issues imo are x factor lvl3, uneven distribution of supers (some characters done have lvl 3 supers and others have lvl 5 supers), obnoxiously long combos when certain characters are involved, and glitches that make the long combos easier. I'm ok with the ambiguous cross ups and mixups, the the fact that converting those into hour long combos is ridiculous.

The balance of the game isn't terrible at all though. There's a tono of viable character teams, unfortunately most players prefer mix up->land stray hit->TOD combo over focusing on neutral game and footsies. Seeing the same combos over and over doesnt help either.

It's why I like watching chrisg play and clockwerk play. They're capable of winning using uncommon, and arguably harder, strategies.
Yes, lets watch Chris G fill the screen with constant Soul Fists from both sides

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Do I hear Marvel vs Capcom 3 talk?
After researching a bit I made a list of the 8 characters I think would have been added if there was more time.

So that I can make myself sad.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh Doc Ock.

You almost happened...

RIP

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The scariest Woody are the one you find in Time Square.
Or the ones that lurk behind your figmas.
Le Woody.png

Times Square is an interesting place where creeps in friendly costumes gather.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Do I hear Marvel vs Capcom 3 talk?
After researching a bit I made a list of the 8 characters I think would have been added if there was more time.

So that I can make myself sad.
Thanos? :yeahboi:

You know what? While we are at it, lets add Miles Morales. Since we already have 2 Shotos in the form of Ryu and Akuma, why not 2 Spider Men? :awesome:

If there were ever a Marvel vs Capcom 4 (or another version of 3) I really hope that some characters (Like Iron Man) get some of their new stuff from the "All New All Different" Marvel stuff.

Having a few Secret Wars references here and there would be nice as well.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Just kind of curious, in terms of Media, do you guys prefer Digital of Physical media?
I prefer physical , but I accept digital.

Both have benefits and cons:

Disc can be lost, stolen, scratched, or broken, but can be easily shared, traded, and quickly used on another system

Digital can't be resold (yet) and requires internet, functioning servers, and a hdd of sorts (all will fail and/or probably shut down at some point in time), but is often cheaper, is great for small developers who cant afford disc, and can't really be stolen or lost unless you get your account banned for cheating.....in which case it's your own fault.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Ima be real right now, if Marvel vs Capcom 4 became a thing and was PS4/Xbox One exclusive because Sony/Microsoft game them the money to acquire the license and make the game, I would consider buying them straight up.

Though I can see the PS4 exclusive happening more because Sony seem to be in love with Fighting games thing gen (SF5 and KOF XIV, both big name title sin the FGC and are already PS4 exclusive).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom