• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Just put in one last vote for Rayman.

My avatar will become a reality if I believe hard enough, dammit.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
For anyone who hasn't seen it, they released a trailer for XFiles:

I still haven't seen it. I've got it and Serenity on Blu Ray ready to watch when I've got the time and I know it's going to be great because Joss Whedon.

If they continued Angel and/or Buffy (but particularly Angel) in some way (other than comics) then it would be the best thing ever. Angel = best show ever.

And I still want that damn Faith spinoff.
I'd recommend watching Firefly asap. It's too great of a universe to not be sucked into.
I thought egaddmario egaddmario was up late for a second lol. It's ok Kenith, I appreciate ya.

I remember before launch we had that leak that included unlockable Isabella. Honestly, while clearly fake for other reasons, that one alone wouldn't of surprised me. Her popularity and marketability is insanely high. Honestly the only thing holding her back is a moveset, but we've seen larger stretches given movesets before.
I JUST LIKE A LOT OF THINGS, OKAY?! Fun fact, that would have been early for me not late, as it was at 4:46 am.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
We all know that the next character will be Crash Bandicoot. Sure, he was meant to appear three days ago but you know, change of plan etc.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm tending to believe in any rumour that leads to K. Rool's inclusion. If there's the Big Kroc, I'm in. (plus Bomberman would be sooo nice).

We all know that the next character will be Crash Bandicoot. Sure, he was meant to appear three days ago but you know, change of plan etc.
I so wish ...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure the leak is FAKE. There's no mention of Duck Hunt 3DS, the fact that the reason for including Bomberman as a replacement for Snake isn't because of the game's rating or because of Konami stoping AAA development, but because of the Kojima situation is upsurd, and Pirate Ship was a highly requested stage, so it was a safe choice. Also, there's no mention of Super Mario Maker.
Devils Advocate:
-The prime focus on the leak was characters.
-The only thing mentioned about stages was that Pirate Ship would be the last returning stage and that Wolf has a SFZero stage bundled with him.
-It was widely believed Pirate Ship wasn't possible because of all its music being on different stages, so it wasn't all that "safe". It's like saying K. Rool is a "safe choice" because of his requests despite the controversy with the Mii costume.
-While the reasoning for Bomberman over Snake is rather absurd, it could be rationalized as an act of respect in not incorporating Snake without Kojima's own involvement unlike Brawl's development.

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
While you guys were going all gaga over the new slots, Mewtwo's amiibo is up for pre-order in the UK. Haven't heard anything from our side of the pond.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Devils Advocate:
-The prime focus on the leak was characters.
-The only thing mentioned about stages was that Pirate Ship would be the last returning stage and that Wolf has a SFZero stage bundled with him.
-It was widely believed Pirate Ship wasn't possible because of all its music being on different stages, so it wasn't all that "safe". It's like saying K. Rool is a "safe choice" because of his requests despite the controversy with the Mii costume.
-While the reasoning for Bomberman over Snake is rather absurd, it could be rationalized as an act of respect in not incorporating Snake without Kojima's own involvement unlike in Brawl.
Still, the stages should've been mentioned, and I know alot of people who want Saffron City. And still, Bomberman replacing Snake could cause alot of controversy.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Tempted to try and vote for Geno one more time... but I know full well that since Geno hasn't happened already, his chances are well below a 1% margin.

But eh.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Tempted to try and vote for Geno one more time... but I know full well that since Geno hasn't happened already, his chances are well below a 1% margin.

But eh.
I once thought he had some sort of chance.

Chrono.

Still, the stages should've been mentioned, and I know alot of people who want Saffron City. And still, Bomberman replacing Snake could cause alot of controversy.
I'll be 'that guy' and say that leaks don't always have the whole picture.

That being said, I really doubt Bomberman would be deliberately chosen as a "replacement" for Snake.

But I can also see Bomberman in while Snake isn't, after all Kojima isn't part of the company anymore and him and Sakurai are good friends. I can see Snake not being used out of respect for Kojima.

I'll admit that something like "Hey I won't use your character out of respect but I'll still associate with the company" is a little flimsy but eh.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Anyone else hoping for 5 DLC characters just so we hit 60 total?
I'd recommend watching Firefly asap. It's too great of a universe to not be sucked into.
I JUST LIKE A LOT OF THINGS, OKAY?! Fun fact, that would have been early for me not late, as it was at 4:46 am.
I'm wrapping up the first season of Lost Girl (which is kind of ass and I probably won't continue watching it after that). I need to finish off Season 8 and 9 of XFiles too. I started watching it for the first time a few years ago but lost interest in it after Mulder left so it's been very stop and start since then. It also didn't help that I discovered Californication, Buffy, Angel and a couple other shows after I started XFiles that totally took priority over watching a Mulderless XFiles.

I think I'll start Firefly as soon as I've finished Lost Girl S1 and I'll keep it going at the same time as getting these XFiles episodes watched.

D

Deleted member

Still, the stages should've been mentioned,
I wouldn't say they should have been mentioned, but if they were, there'd be reason to find the leak actually credible instead of just being strangely coincidental with easy to disprove claims (i.e. Anyone other than the three characters mentioned being revealed (especially Snake), another returning stage being revealed, Wolf not being bundled with a Star Fox Zero stage, etc.).

But the absence of information isn't necessarily an indicator of being fake. (That's already implied with it being a text leak from 4chan; it's fake until proven true.)

and I know alot of people who want Saffron City.
......and?

And still, Bomberman replacing Snake could cause alot of controversy.
No matter what happens, there's going to be controversy.
At least if Sakurai provides a reasonable explanation (such as the "Snake is Kojima's character, and I'm not going to include him if Kojima's not going to be a part of his development." thing I brought up), there would be a level of understanding.

Guys. What if I told you I had info on the DLC?
CUZ HERE'S A NEWCOMER *******
Day 1 Main, I tell ya hwhat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Aside from the placeholder slots found is there any basis for you thinking there's a DK rep or are you just speculating? I missed the last 20 pages.
Not sure if you saw yet...but theres a placeholder stage in the 3DS called "Tikibuzz" which is a direct name reference to DKCR. Also its not the same name as the DKCR stage on Wii U. (Keep in mind tikis dont appear, and if it were ported, the layers wont work).

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Not sure if you saw yet...but theres a placeholder stage in the 3DS called "Tikibuzz" which is a direct name reference to DKCR. Also its not the same name as the DKCR stage on Wii U. (Keep in mind tikis dont appear, and if it were ported, the layers wont work).
Tikibuzz is the name of the enemy that's in Smash run: it could possibly be related to some new DK content, but right now they're just dummy file names. After all, the "Mario" placeholders don't imply we're getting more Mario characters.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I just had a thought;... When Sakurai mentioned 'new modes' coming and I didn't realised a thing; But what if some sort of ONline Cross-Play between versions is planned to be released soon? Maybe the fact that some stages are in both versions is how this gonna work (well, it could be that way since the beginning, but is looking more likely now to me).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So here's America's Splatfest
Huh... Do I side with my siblings hogging the radio, or the idiot kid that kicks the back of my seat?...
...Well this is a tough one.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Where's the "Warp by Ocarina" option?

Oh, if only ocarinas were real... :urg:

Disclaimer: I know ocarinas are real.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Just wondering if you guys saw this leak on 4chan from early September that lines up with this new update
http://imgur.com/ryat6gw
There's such a saturation of text leaks that one leak getting Pirate Ship (a popular, much-wanted stage) right doesn't really mean anything in particular.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
*Wakes up: HOLY **** 26 NOTIFICATIONS! WHAT HAPPENED WHILE I WAS ASLEEP?
*views alerts: Kenith Kenith has like 10 different posts, Other 23 notifications: So and So liked your post in Nintendozone Social thread! Geez guys you were all on a liking spree last night, lmao.

Anyway the bomberman leak is interesting. I'm not outright believing it, but it's worth watching. Bomberman would be a good ballot choice and I could easily see him replace Snake.

I'm pretty sure the leak is FAKE. There's no mention of Duck Hunt 3DS, the fact that the reason for including Bomberman as a replacement for Snake isn't because of the game's rating or because of Konami stoping AAA development, but because of the Kojima situation is upsurd, and Pirate Ship was a highly requested stage, so it was a safe choice. Also, there's no mention of Super Mario Maker.
To be fair, the game's files suggest that pirate ship could have been planned for 3ds but cut later on. This would explain why we got Duck Hunt. Duck Hunt was probably ported last minute so that they had two stages on each version. It would also explain lack of advertising as Nintendo may not have fully known what to do with the update's stages.

Wow, this is boring... I would love to have squid vs octopus here...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Ocarinas are the best instruments out there hands down. Can a ukulele allow me to travel through time? I think not.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Here is one last vote from me:

Screenshot (11).png

If you have any other characters, I'll vote for them.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
An ocarina is one of those things you want just to say you have one even if you can't use it. . .especially if it's blue :p
I can use mine...I stopped learning to play it though because it was a $5 plastic Ocarina and thus produces the same sounds as a $5 plastic recorder. Blech.

OK, seriously, why would anyone think I didn't know that ocarinas were a real instrument?
That really feels like both an insult to my intelligence and my devotion to Zelda in general.
Honestly. :urg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom