• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

I feel more confident about Wolf, for sure.
say hello to my good friend young link (;

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The slots mean nothing, we finally have confirmation
Well, they CAN mean something.
For instance; they might be sitting there because they decided how much Ballot Fighters they were going to do (Not who they should be, just how much they were gonna work on) and added slots accordingly.
So 3 Ballot Fighters (Or pre-ballots, who knows) so far.
Will 1.1.2 hold new fruit?
FIND OUT ON THE NEXT TIME OF DRA-
purin sleep.gif

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So there's another stage that should have released this update? Interesting....

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
So that more means that, imo, we can have 3 more characters (though honestly I don't think that's guranteed, it could be 2 or even 1). Given the timing of this patch, it would stand to reason the end game is planned out. Whether those 3 slots are all ballot chars or 2 were pre ballot and 1 added later can't really be said.

The real question is. . .
Does this mean only 3 characters are left or did they just say "**** it we will add 1 now and add the rest later"

God I can't even take myself seriously with this avi. . .

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
wait 3 character slots how.
The Ballot closes in a day now right?
Going by Eastern Standard Time, yes. That is the case. :4pacman:
So there's another stage that should have released this update? Interesting....
Here's a theory
What if the one before Duck Hunt was them trying to get Pirate Ship onto 3DS?
Maybe they couldn't/didn't have the time, so they just ditched it and gave us Duck Hunt for now? :4pacman:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So that more means that, imo, we can have 3 more characters (though honestly I don't think that's guranteed, it could be 2 or even 1). Given the timing of this patch, it would stand to reason the end game is planned out. Whether those 3 slots are all ballot chars or 2 were pre ballot and 1 added later can't really be said.
I don't know, while we can't be positive. i find it strange that conveniently we had two slots before the ballot was near it's ending, then a few days before it ends, we get an additional slot. To me, I have to say that this new slot is indeed ballot while the other two were pre ballot. Those two characters were meant to release this update but Iwata's passing caused them to hold them back till things were under better control. This would explain the lack of publicity for this update as well.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
The real mystery is that mysterious stage. Maybe it's a file for the Pirate Ship and it was planned to be in the 3DS version, but was scrapped for the 3DS because swimming is not on that version. so instead it got Duck Hunt. But still I still don't what that is.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Aw ****

EDIT: There's 6 stage slots, he corrected himself later
Oh look, its the ballot character placeholder :smirk:
Character predictions: Wolf, SK, BC (K.Rool I guess?)

Also 6 stages?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Going by Eastern Standard Time, yes. That is the case. :4pacman:

Here's a theory
What if the one before Duck Hunt was them trying to get Pirate Ship onto 3DS?
Maybe they couldn't/didn't have the time, so they just ditched it and gave us Duck Hunt for now? :4pacman:
It's possible, and if it is, then damn they worked fast to port Duck hunt over. Although it may not have been that hard.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Hype!

So right now I'm thinking it'll be: 1 veteran, 1 highly requested character and 1 oddball choice

I still think one more slot will be added, so DLC Character Bundle #2 also has 4 characters

Not to be the most pessimistic pessimist to ever be pessimistic. . .but we don't necessarily have at least 3 more characters guaranteed. It's possible ((albeit illogical) for the placeholders to go unused for whatever reason.

I don't think they will but who knows. Weirder things have happened

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Hype!

So right now I'm thinking it'll be: 1 veteran, 1 highly requested character and 1 oddball choice

I still think one more slot will be added, so DLC Character Bundle #2 also has 4 characters
1 Wolf, 1 K.Rool, 1 Ryu :yeahboi:

Actually it's three because of the omega versions.
Still six either way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 for each DLC character I guess.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It could be that each slot is a character they've already started working on. It could indicate they had 2 people picked out with Roy and Ryu, then 1 came along after them.

It's entirely possible. They'll just add slots as they pick characters.

D

Deleted member

So this means we're getting at least three characters and two more stages
The timing makes me think this is the first ballot character, with the previous too have been being worked on for some time
Theory:
First one could possibly be Wolf as we have a 3 characters to 2 stages and no vet was bundled with a stage
If SK rumor is true, then he is the second slot
And finally, three is our mystery ballot "winner"(by that I mean it had the glory of being the first to be chosen)

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
This demonstrates, more than anything, that plans change. Whatever they were thinking back in June, they're clearly thinking something else now.

D

Deleted member

Not to be the most pessimistic pessimist to ever be pessimistic. . .but we don't necessarily have at least 3 more characters guaranteed. It's possible ((albeit illogical) for the placeholders to go unused for whatever reason.

I don't think they will but who knows. Weirder things have happened
Why would they add it if they're not even certain they're going to use them?
Just yesterday, the general consensus was "only two more characters" now with a slot discovered it's "we might only get one or two more"

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh gosh.

One more stage and one more character added at the same time.

**** guys, it's a new series.

Why would they add it if they're not even certain they're going to use them?
Just yesterday, the general consensus was "only two more characters" now with a slot discovered it's "we might only get one or two more"
Why have the initial 6 mario slots if they weren't sure how many they are going to use ? (terrible argument I know) I don't think it's likely (I stated as such) but the possibility is still there. Things change. Deals fall through. The NX will eventually exist which may change even more plans.

I think 3 is likely the minimum now. . .but I won't rule out that less than 3 is still possible.

N Direct when?

Last edited:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Will K. Rool's finest hour finally arrive? Are you sure Wolf can't let Sakurai cut him? Is there more to dig on those Shovel Knight rumors? Find out in the next Crashboards

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Hm, looks like another one of my predictions were incorrect, but that is definitely not a bad thing as having more potential characters are always a plus.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom