• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

AreJay25

Well, NYCC could have a chance for a Guile reveal, I guess...

Don't think he'll be in the game, though.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
New York Comic Con is soon...

They revealed Ken at SDCC, so initially I thought Alex would be revealed at NY but that dream is dead.
I'd be ok with either Balrog or Guile who fit the criteria.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Last returning character is definitely someone from SF2. I think Zangief sealed the deal on that, since every circle on the green section of that roster picture has been from 2.

I doubt it'll be Blanka, T. Hawk, Fei Long, or Dee Jay. I have a feeling it's not Guile, either, but I had that same feeling about Zangief, too, so...
It's gonna being either Balrog to have the 3 Shadaloo villains (Sagat actually left after SF2 the group after SF2) or Dhalshim who are popular SF2 characters. Guile is a possibility but I suspect DLC for him.

The only possible non-SF2 characters are Sakura, Alex, Juri, Guy or Cody.

Don't ask about Akuma, he's gonna be in the base game regardless with him being a secret fighter. They have been doing that since Alpha 1 (technically Super Turbo)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hmm... I could definitely see this working. And like the article said, there is some precedence for having a non-traditional starter with Yellow. Don't know if Gamefreak will actually do it, but I'd love it.
It would definitely be a big change, and they have been waiting awhile to showcase Z, so possibly it is going to be big. This be a cool theme to use. Legends as starters is becoming a big thing in fangames, so maybe they decided to take a note from that and see what they could with the idea.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Im surprised people on other sites are complaining about Laura design considering a gigantic swole man in underwear was announced this morning

Well, NYCC could have a chance for a Guile reveal, I guess...

Don't think he'll be in the game, though.
or you know

Alex

D

Deleted member

Im surprised people on other sites are complaining about Laura design considering a gigantic swole man in underwear was announced this morning

or you know

Alex
Remember, it's okay if it's a man
They have too many privileges already

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

or you know

Alex
Zangief is iconic and there's no other character like him. In comparison, Laura is kind of plain so I can kind of get it. I do like her though.

Chrono.

Lol wait.

I just looked some stuff up, turns out Brazil Game Show and NYCC take place during the same weekend. Capcom are having a panel with some announcements at NYCC so God knows what's gonna go down there (might not even be SF related in the end).

AreJay25

With the rate they're revealing characters, this makes me wonder just how close we are to a release date.

I figured we'd just get 1 reveal a month but we've been getting several. With 2 pre-DLC characters left, the game's probably not too far off from completion.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Lol wait.

I just looked some stuff up, turns out Brazil Game Show and NYCC take place during the same weekend. Capcom are having a panel with some announcements at NYCC so God knows what's gonna go down there (might not even be SF related in the end).
Marvel vs. Capcom 4, exclusively releasing on PS4! Wooo! Find a copy and play it! :smirk:

Soul.

A Street Fighter game is nothing without Guile so pls Capcom add him into the game

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Lol wait.

Well Capcom did say they are announcing characters a lot faster than we think

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
well if we go by the other leak from a while back it will be zen and dahlsim

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
A Street Fighter game is nothing without Guile so pls Capcom add him into the game
They can survive without Guile for a bit. Charlie has that spot. The only characters they really can't survive without has already been revealed
  • Ryu
  • Chun-Li
  • Zangief
  • Ken
  • M. Bison
Vega is just filler.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I'm honestly banking on Dhalsim being the last classic character. Laura be lookin fine, the newcomers in this game are so much better then the ones in Street Fighter 4.
Aw ****

EDIT: There's 6 stage slots, he corrected himself later
OOOOOOHHH ****!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Aw ****

Well now, we have an extra slot on there as of now.

Well, I'm out. Gonna avoid another hour of SK talk

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So, my theory was actually correct. They were just pre determined spots.
As was mine :D
So this new slot is definitely for the first ballot character, while these other two have to be pre ballot.
So do you guys think 3 more characters and 2 more stages is all we'll get now?
No, I think over time we will get 1 slot added until they decide to stop making ballot characters.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Aw ****

I learned my lesson. I won't be too optimistic or too pessismistic. That said it seems Wolf still has a chance now.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I have a new theory; we are getting one character from a series not in Smash yet, and the extra stage added will be bundled with that character.

D

Deleted member

The "Mario" slots didn't mean "nothing".
They meant that there were at least two characters unaccounted for.

Now we know there's at least three.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Can I finally say: I ****ING TOLD YOU GUYS
The slots mean nothing, we finally have confirmation
ABOUT ****ING TIME
Us zoroarks are quite smart aren't we?

I think that 3 characters is a small possibility. That would mean there are 2 pre ballot characters and only 1 slot for the ballot, which probably isn't a only character will be chosen scenario. So I believe we will be getting 1 slot at time, until they don't want to do DLC anymore.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
As was mine :D
So this new slot is definitely for the first ballot character, while these other two have to be pre ballot.

No, I think over time we will get 1 slot added until they decide to stop making ballot characters.
You know, I didn't want to do this unless this was proven via new Smash trailer and all, buuut....

Sorry @Swampasaur / @GoldenYuiitusin (can't remember who posted this before) but I'm using this.

But don't over hpye about this. But this hopefully means we could get more content in the near future pertaining the ballot.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Right now my predictions are Wolf, Shovel Knight, and K Rool.

The RIDE NEVER ENDS!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom