• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I like the Dixie render.

Speaking of DK characters, does anyone remember when people expected a Smash reveal at VGX and all we got was a confirmation of Cranky Kong? People were pretty mad.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Have you heard of stage 4.jpg? Also They wouldn't make us wait this long for one stage.
Stage 4 is Ryu's stage that just doesn't happen to have its own thumbnail image on the site because of the bundle. That's all there is to it. The speculation is silly because it is really obvious that Mario Maker is our 5th DLC stage.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So what, you're saying they should have put this stage out before Mario Maker came out? With the random nature of the stage, you don't think that maybe there were a lot of bugs they needed to work out? Or maybe they were just waiting until after release to give us this and give people time to play the game?
Why would they not wait this long to give us anything? They're obviously working on other stuff. They don't owe you anything. They can take as long as they want for this stuff.

Reminder: These are regular people in the industry. Maybe they're working on other projects as well as Smash DLC. It IS other companies along with Nintendo working on Smash after all.
No, I mean I was referring to the previous update where we waited for a while and got Mii Costumes and etc. Also, Have you heard of stage 4.jpg?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm going to have zero expectations tomorrow, therefore, I can only be cheery about the update. Unless they nerf all my mains of course, THEN I'd get salty. But seriously, everyone who gets upset if we get nothing has themselves to blame, expect nothing, can't be disappointed then, if we DO get DLC, makes it that much better!

TrackerTD

Smash Rookie
That was one hell of a ninja'd. :p Nice one, haha!

Also the Miku DLC for ASRT isn't a thing. I think they tried to get her for the official roster but she got dropped. Maybe in the next game, but DLC support for ASRT is long gone.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I mean moreso who is he, is an artist for a famous animated series or something.
Just your standard DA artist, but he has done many creative and charming works of art, in a "comic book" like art style, since that's his seemed preferred art style. I really like his work a lot, imo, I even did some work with his art concepts before.

Last edited:

Naoshi

No, I mean I was referring to the previous update where we waited for a while and got Mii Costumes and etc. Also, Have you heard of stage 4.jpg?
*points at my post above*

Actually, I forgot to say yesterday that Miku was to be included in Sonic and All-stars Racing Transformed, and still is as DLC, but it's taking forever.
That didn't happen. What actually happened was that everyone voted for characters they would like to see in the roster. Miku was one of the top voted characters. All we had out of that is Ryo from Shenmue.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Also the Miku DLC for ASRT isn't a thing. I think they tried to get her for the official roster but she got dropped. Maybe in the next game, but DLC support for ASRT is long gone.
I ninjaed other guys with Dixie Smashified.
I'll call myself Fumi the Hedgehog, the fastest thing alive.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Stage 4 is Ryu's stage that just doesn't happen to have its own thumbnail image on the site because of the bundle. That's all there is to it. The speculation is silly because it is really obvious that Mario Maker is our 5th DLC stage.
That doesn't make any sense, because #2 and #3 are stages that came after Ryu's.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I'm going to have zero expectations tomorrow, therefore, I can only be cheery about the update. Unless they nerf all my mains of course, THEN I'd get salty. But seriously, everyone who gets upset if we get nothing has themselves to blame, expect nothing, can't be disappointed then, if we DO get DLC, makes it that much better!
.....have you been seeing Burb on the side lol.
But seriously, nothing wrong with being optimistic, but there is something wrong with being angry over unfulfilled optimism.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The Dixie Smashified render looks pretty good. The eyes look a little off, and the mouth seems small, but I like it. Definitely better than Isaac.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So... something tells me were only getting the Mario Maker stage tomorrow. I'll search for my Dora Avatar later XD.
Anyways, something sort of tells me that we might still have a direct tomorrow.

Now obviously, the chances are currently slim too none, but there are some factors that may point to that.

1.) Smash Update on the 30th.
To me, I feel as if there is more content in the update that what meets the eye. Now, I'm not getting my hopes up for anything at all. I just think that there might still be more content in there. So a Direct would be perfect to outline what is in there. Even though it could still just be the Mario Maker Stage. We don't really know yet.

Now, here's the kicker.

2.) Club Nintendo's discontinuation on the exact same day as the Smash update.
We all know Club Nintendo will be all gone by tomorrow forever, but what about there new program? Tomorrow would be a very good time at detailing there new membership program in a Direct.

So. Even though a direct isn't likely right now, it's still very narrowly possible. It'll be about 3 PM PST at NOA soon, and that would still be a good time to announce something like this.

I'm not going to get my hopes up, but this is just something I wanted to point out.

Last edited:

Naoshi

That doesn't make any sense, because #2 and #3 are stages that came after Ryu's.
Oh, that's right. I completely forgot Ryu was earlier.

But even then ehhhh, we would have heard something by now if there was going to be another stage.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

SEGA baffles me. Quite a bit of DLC for this game but NOT BLOODY GENERATIONS. At least I have Metal Sonic's DLC, because Metal Sonic is ****in bae
.....have you been seeing Burb on the side lol.
But seriously, nothing wrong with being optimistic, but there is something wrong with being angry over unfulfilled optimism.
...How did that sound angry in the slightest?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Huh, I thought they said that since she got second place in that petiton, they'd make her a DLC character (Segata Sanshiro appearently got third but they couldn't make him a character appearently because he already had a role in the game unfortunately) no wonder it's taken so long. XD

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Oh, that's right. I completely forgot Ryu was earlier.

But even then ehhhh
It's one of two things:

-An error in the site design across all versions (same with every language, even Japanese.)
-There's a second stage

I find the latter more likely, but it's entirely possible the former happened.

Naoshi

Huh, I thought they said that since she got second place in that petiton, they'd make her a DLC character (Segata Sanshiro appearently got third but they couldn't make him a character appearently because he already had a role in the game unfortunately) no wonder it's taken so long.
I never recall hearing that at all. All they said was that they would consider a DLC character based on who people want.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So... something tells me were only getting the Mario Maker stage tomorrow. I'll search for my Dora Avatar later XD.
Anyways, something sort of tells me that we might still have a direct tomorrow.

Now obviously, the chances are currently slim too none, but there are some factors that may point to that.

1.) Smash Update on the 30th.
To me, I feel as if there is more content in the update that what meets the eye. Now, I'm not getting my hopes up for anything at all. I just think that there might still be more content in there. So a Direct would be perfect to outline what is in there. Even though it could still just be the Mario Maker Stage. We don't really know yet.

Now, here's the kicker.

2.) Club Nintendo's discontinuation on the exact same day as the Smash update.
We all know Club Nintendo will be all gone by tomorrow forever, but what about there new program? Tomorrow would be a very good time at detailing there new membership program in a Direct.

So. Even though a direct isn't likely right now, it's still very narrowly possible. It'll be about 3 PM PST at NOA soon, and that would still be a good time to announce something like this.

I'm not going to get my hopes up, but this is just something I wanted to point out.
I have doubts Europe's Club Nintendo has anything to do with tomorrow's DLC.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
They still changed the stage layout from this:
[] []
[] []
[]

To this:
-[] []
[] [] []
-[]

Even though this:

[] []
[] []
[] []

is the logical next step for adding a single stage.

Last edited:

Naoshi

That and I don't see a Direct being a possibility at all anytime soon. The job listing wasn't even a month old was it?

They still changed the stage layout from this:
[] []
[] []
[]

To this:
[] []
[] [] []
[]

Even though this:

[] []
[] []
[] []

is the logical next step for adding a single stage.
Yeah, the fact the Mario Maker stage isn't even centered is actually kinda suspicious. And it looks like a strange oversight with the UI too.

To be honest, I'd love to be wrong because if there's anything I want from Smash DLC is more stages.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Speaking of Buffs/Nerfs (What do you mean we weren't talking about Buffs/Nerfs?)
  • Buff Meta Knight (PLEASE)
  • Nerf Rosalina as a single entity (Bring Down Air to hell, please. Something with a hitbox that moves slower than Purin's run speed REALLY didn't need to be a Spike as hard as GANONDORF'S)
  • Throw Luma into a ****ing woodchipper
  • PAC-MAN grab buff, please (IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN BUT STILL)
  • Make Kirby's Up Throw actually Kill? Like in the Smash Invitational? That **** was awesome.
  • Buff Bowser Jr./Koopaling's 3DS Model, it's ugly as **** (STRAIGHT OUTTA BRAWL)
  • Make amiibos go to Level 100, why the hell not
    (That last part about the amiibo was a slight joke)
  • Make Miis playable online (YOU CAN DO IT FOR TOURNEY MODE, LET'S SEE IT HAPPEN ON FOR FUN/GLORY)

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Um... I didn't mean it that way. I was saying that a General Direct could be made to explain the new Club Nintendo replacement (along with other games like Smash and Star Fox Zero). That was it :p.

TrackerTD

Smash Rookie
Huh, I thought they said that since she got second place in that petiton, they'd make her a DLC character (Segata Sanshiro appearently got third but they couldn't make him a character appearently because he already had a role in the game unfortunately) no wonder it's taken so long. XD
Sanshiro's lack of presence in the game was actually due to being unable to get his actor's likeness legally sorted; it's why you can't see his face during his cameo. With Project X Zone 2 though, this may not be an issue if there's another game.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
SEGA baffles me. Quite a bit of DLC for this game but NOT BLOODY GENERATIONS. At least I have Metal Sonic's DLC, because Metal Sonic is ****in bae

...How did that sound angry in the slightest?
[tilts head]
I didnt say you sounded angry. I was saying people shouldnt get mad if their optimistic expectations werent met.
Sorry if it wasnt clear.

Naoshi

if this thread needs to be locked just because of that, something is wrong
I agree. It would be kinda of telling what kind of thread this has become if people seriously get that upset that they got exactly what they were promised from the update and nothing more.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
if this thread needs to be locked just because of that, something is wrong
As a veteran Ridley supporter, if things get over the top with "salt" or anything too hostile started to happen, that's indeed shameful, but like with Ridley once before, it could happen depending how things happen in here. There are a lot of members viewing the thread atm...

Chrono.

Most in this thread seem to have realized that tomorrow's update is likely just the stage and that's it.

I don't really see any type of salt that would cause a meltdown lol.

This ain't Reddit

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
You know? I'm just going to post a tweet by Yacht Club Games just because.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
[tilts head]
I didnt say you sounded angry. I was saying people shouldnt get mad if their optimistic expectations werent met.
Sorry if it wasnt clear.
Well fluff me, my mistake~
Sanshiro's lack of presence in the game was actually due to being unable to get his actor's likeness legally sorted; it's why you can't see his face during his cameo. With Project X Zone 2 though, this may not be an issue if there's another game.
SEGATA SANSHIRO SEGATA SANSHIRO SEGA SATAAAAAN SHIRO! Good to see Takeshi Hongo's still a legend

Naoshi

It wouldn't surprise me at either outcome tbh. If we get another content for the update, that would be cool. At the moment, I just think it's extremely likely it's really going to be just Mario Maker.

If it's just Mario Maker though? Oh well. On the bright side, getting a cool stage aside, we'd have more reasons to tell people to keep their expectations in check the next time something like this happens.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So that explains why it was so easy to miss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom