• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Can't wait for his theory that says Super Mario Maker proves that all of Nintendo's universes are in one place.
He will probably do something with mario maker, but I don't get why people hate GT so much. It's mostly meant to be fun to speculate on, nothing more.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
He will probably do something with mario maker, but I don't get why people hate GT so much. It's mostly meant to be fun to speculate on, nothing more.
For me, I just don't find him entertaining. For the most part it's glorified fan theories that I can see just as easily on a forum or comment. And it doesn't help that many of said theories are found by stretching things from there and back and plucking out even the smallest details.

Also, while this is more of a personal opinion, I don't care for his humor. To me, it's cornier than a farmer's market.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
For me, I just don't find him entertaining. For the most part it's glorified fan theories that I can see just as easily on a forum or comment. And it doesn't help that many of said theories are found by stretching things from there and back and plucking out even the smallest details.

Also, while this more of a personal opinion, I don't care for his humor. To me, it's cornier than a farmer's market.
Implying that last sentence wasn't?

No offense.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Hmmm...

Should I try online dating? It's not that I can't find people to date in real life. I can relatively easily, but it's harder to find people that I'm attracted to....
No. Don't. Just don't.
My friend tried it religiously. All it did was made him hate himself.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
What qualities do you like on your romantic interest? Both physical and non physical.
Well...
Please refrain from talking about private parts.
Oh.

On a serious note, I've always fancied meeting someone that I just can't help but fall in love with over a long amount of time really getting to know them. But I've never dated because I'm stuck on the idea of only ever having one person in my life... I kind of doubt anyone would put up with me though, let alone commit to a life sentence. As far as physical goes, someone shorter probably.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Also, while this is more of a personal opinion, I don't care for his humor. To me, it's cornier than a farmer's market.
Fair enough, I at least give him credit fro trying and all the searching he does.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So here's a question?

What qualities do you like on your romantic interest? Both physical and non physical. Please refrain from talking about private parts.
Oh boy. Get ready for the list:

Personality:
  • I like a girl that's sort of quiet, but gets loud when she's interested in something.
  • I like that she gets me and let's me ramble on about something i'm excited about. She might not like video games as much as i do, but she accepts that i like them and is a casual observer.
  • You want a girl who'll go out on the town with you when you both feel like it and who'll be willing to kick back in a baggy sweatshirt, pjs, and her hair up when you're both too tired to go out.
  • You want a girl who cares about your well being, can see your point of view (even if she doesn't agree with it), and pushes you to achieve your goals (in a healthy fashion).
  • Sharing interests isn't as important, as she can introduce you to her hobbies and vise-versa, as long as she's open-minded.
  • Being funny is a plus, but caring is a must.
  • Another plus is if she likes body-contact. Nothing feels better than a warm hand in your hand or on your arm.
Physical:
  • I love a girl with glasses. Give me that imperfect vision, i'll give you a date.
  • Longer hair, usually past the shoulders is more favorable to me. Big plus if it's dyed an unnatural color, like a bright red or blue.
  • Shorter than me but not tiny. I like to be able to look down at you and plant one on your forehead nice and easy.
  • Honestly, a little bit of gums in the smile is so cute. Flash of them pearly whites with just a hint of pink when you smile makes me smile.
  • Speaking of teeth, i like them straight. Crooked teeth just don't do it for me.
  • Not obese but not a twig. A little cushion for the pushin' if you will ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Light make-up use. A little eye-liner, some eye-shadow and you're good. Don't over do it- i'm dating a girl, not a clown.
  • Soft skin. Smooth to the touch is so pleasant.
  • No tattoos. I just don't like them. In the same vein, only ears pierced. Belly-button is situational.
I may update later, but this hits many of the important points. Happy to have found someone with all of these qualities.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
We got new one folks. Now with 45% less Shovel Knight

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/308575009/new-details-leaked-about-smash-ballot-winner

I have recently been hooked up with some information from my friend, Mike. He is a former Namco employee, he got fired two weeks ago due to budget cuts, but he has some interesting information to tell us from his time when being with Namco.

He has told me through an E-Mail that he knows the current leader of the Smash Ballot, according to his information, these are the three leading Smash Ballot characters.

3. King K Rool
2. Shantae
1. Rayman

Rayman is currently leading the ballot and is the likely winner, Mike did not send me any screenshots or video footage though, I will E-Mail him back and I will ask for some.

The surprise is Shantae as #2

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's like they picked three talked about names from a hat and called it a leak.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Wow, no comment on that latest "leak".

I can't wait for the first Ballot reveal to completely destroy these stupid things. Though of course even more will take their place.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
D

Deleted member

Fair enough. But yeah, I missed that part, I suppose. I'll make it up to you by promising to not go out with Swampy. c:
O-oh :nervous:
We got new one folks. Now with 45% less Shovel Knight

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/308575009/new-details-leaked-about-smash-ballot-winner

The surprise is Shantae as #2
Still not believable
It's like they picked three talked about names from a hat and called it a leak.
You mean that's not how they choose characters for Smash?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I like a girl that ain't falco. I hope that she has happy feet. And enjoys a good "wombo combo" if you know what I mean. I imagine she'll uptilt down air me when I'm in a bad mood, and perfect shield parry at just the right time.

What I don't want from a girl that I don't know where she at, and who rolls and spot dodges at unneeded times.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
This is so fake, for one thing it looks like it was made in about a minute, for another it practically deconfirms itself, obviously the person had no consideration for Japan. Also, I found this in the comments,

"My friend is a janitor at nintendo he was able to get in the room where they have the ballot results and said shovel knight and professor layton got in he also said they found a way to shrink ridley down and are play testing him"

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You lost me at "former Namco employee".
It lost me at budget cuts being the reason he was fired. Namco of all companies had budget cuts? I doubt that.
Now this is bad
Yes it i.
Oh boy. Get ready for the list:

Personality:
  • I like a girl that's sort of quiet, but gets loud when she's interested in something.
  • I like that she gets me and let's me ramble on about something i'm excited about. She might not like video games as much as i do, but she accepts that i like them and is a casual observer.
  • You want a girl who'll go out on the town with you when you both feel like it and who'll be willing to kick back in a baggy sweatshirt, pjs, and her hair up when you're both too tired to go out.
  • You want a girl who cares about your well being, can see your point of view (even if she doesn't agree with it), and pushes you to achieve your goals (in a healthy fashion).
  • Sharing interests isn't as important, as she can introduce you to her hobbies and vise-versa, as long as she's open-minded.
  • Being funny is a plus, but caring is a must.
  • Another plus is if she likes body-contact. Nothing feels better than a warm hand in your hand or on your arm.
Physical:
  • I love a girl with glasses. Give me that imperfect vision, i'll give you a date.
  • Longer hair, usually past the shoulders is more favorable to me. Big plus if it's dyed an unnatural color, like a bright red or blue.
  • Shorter than me but not tiny. I like to be able to look down at you and plant one on your forehead nice and easy.
  • Honestly, a little bit of gums in the smile is so cute. Flash of them pearly whites with just a hint of pink when you smile makes me smile.
  • Speaking of teeth, i like them straight. Crooked teeth just don't do it for me.
  • Not obese but not a twig. A little cushion for the pushin' if you will ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Light make-up use. A little eye-liner, some eye-shadow and you're good. Don't over do it- i'm dating a girl, not a clown.
  • Soft skin. Smooth to the touch is so pleasant.
  • No tattoos. I just don't like them. In the same vein, only ears pierced. Belly-button is situational.
I may update later, but this hits many of the important points. Happy to have found someone with all of these qualities.
The personality aspect works quite well with your avatar xD. All joking aside, it's good that you found someone!

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I like a girl that ain't falco. I hope that she has happy feet. And enjoys a good "wombo combo" if you know what I mean. I imagine she'll uptilt down air me when I'm in a bad mood, and perfect shield parry at just the right time.

What I don't want from a girl that I don't know where she at, and who rolls and spot dodges at unneeded times.
The. Best.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
My kind of guy/gal?
Good sense of humour
Not ugly as sin preferably
huggy person
similar interests
willing to do stuff for me if I feel bored
Genuinely kind
I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE, YOU OTHER BROTHAS CAN'T DENY
I've got a thing for blonds and redheads (specifically for women). Ironically I've never been in a relationship with any

Hey! As an unofficial representation of ugly people! I'll have you know that I'm ugly and damn proud of it! :hulk:
Here here. Ugliness is only skin deep!

Unless you are like me and your outer ugliness represents your far worse interior ugliness. Hence why I have not joined the romantic conversation occurring :p

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
So here's a question?

What qualities do you like on your romantic interest? Both physical and non physical. Please refrain from talking about private parts.
Well, I-

All I ask for is a nice girl who can share almost the same interest I do, who doesn't find almost anything offensive and looks don't really matter to me but I'm not into girls with so much makeup on them, I do want a slight streak of tomboyish in her.

A major turnaway for me is controlling relationships. I do realize humans aren't perfect but man I don't like the way I love change to where it's more comfortable for you but maybe uncomfortable for me.

Umm, exactly my opinion.

I know that feeling. It's why I'm a hopeless romantic. I do wanna try to romance manga but hopefully with less Yaoi/Yuri and Harem plots.
Seriously, are you me from a alternate universe?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You mean that's not how they choose characters for Smash?
No, I'm fairly certain that process involves Sakurai resting his head on the table at a meeting for an uncomfortable length of time and then blurting out the roster.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well, I would rather have her over Shov-*gets shot*.
I kind of wanted to elaborate this post real quick. I don't want to start a flame war or anything, but I want to talk about my opinions on the whole indie matter.
From the very beginning that the Smash Ballot was announced, characters that were never thought they were ever going to get into the game suddenly had a chance (albeit a small one). That included indie characters as well. Now in the Smash Community, indie characters are kind frowned upon as they're 3rd party and not as iconic as Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man and Ryu.

I had the same feelings as well, they didn't really deserve a spot until they became iconic enough. Now we've reached a point in the road where one of those characters could potentially get in (Shovel Knight of course). I feel we've warmed up to it a little since the Rumor was posted.

To me, I'm still a tad salty about it. I'm not mad at the fans who want him in (congratulations to those fans!), its just I feel he's not iconic enough yet (even in the indie scene). The reason I bring up someone like Shantae is because she's iconic (only in the indie scene though). Now I still wouldn't want Shantae either (no offense to her fans), but if we wanted a mature indie IP that has been mostly on Nintendo consoles it would, most likely, be Shantae.

If your also wondering if this is personal bias for Shantae, I've never played any of her games. So, could care less if she got in or not (again, no offense to her fans).
I'm basically saying someone more iconic in the indie scene than Shovel Knight. It doesn't have to be Shantae. I was just using her as an example. There are tons of other indie characters that are more iconic than her and she just popped into my mind as she's talked about a lot in the Smash Community :p.
Anyways, what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well, I-

Umm, exactly my opinion.

Seriously, are you me from a alternate universe?
We're Twins. Only reasonable excuse aside from being from an alternative universe considering we probably don't have that many similar likes

Or we're soulmates.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Hmmm...

Should I try online dating? It's not that I can't find people to date in real life. I can relatively easily, but it's harder to find people that I'm attracted to....
Do it. That's how I met Leemak, and I'm probably gonna marry that girl some day. Not gonna lie, you will find some duds - but as long as you know what you're after and stick to your guns, it'll work out.

People put a big smear campaign on online dating, but I don't really understand why. To me, it just seems like the logical thing to do for the type of person who's not comfortable going out to a bar, lying about yourself, getting yourself and a prospective partner stinking drunk, making some terrible mistakes you'll probably regret in the morning, and then maybe hopefully it doesn't turn out so bad when you call her back three days later.

But I've never dated because I'm stuck on the idea of only ever having one person in my life... I kind of doubt anyone would put up with me though, let alone commit to a life sentence.
If you want to try Hard Mode, look up poly relationships. We're actually curious about that ourselves, but there are logistic hurdles to deal with.

That aside, binary relationships simply aren't for everybody. Consider entering a triangle or more. As long as you're up-front and able to communicate with your partner(s) and get the A-OK, it's not cheating.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom