• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Seriously though, Nintendo should release a Mario wave 2. They're blatantly teasing it with MP10's Rosalina, DK and Wario. As for a Sonic amiibo line, I'd be on board. Though wed probably run into the same problem as the Mario line with only 6 or so safe ones being released (Team Sonic plus Amy, Eggman and maybe Sticks if it's a Boom set). I want Blaze the Cat.
I'd add in Shadow too.

Divisive status aside, he'd still sell a lot.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
With some characters, like Fi and Midna, and some weapons, like Darunia's Hammer or Ghirahim's Blade which incorporate some of their characteristics to go with the weapon, yes there would need to be changes to make them work. The thing is though is that unlike with the Weapon Swap glitch that messed up character faces, the characters with weapons they don't normally use that you fight in the DLC were actually fixed to work with them.
Unlike the Weapon swap glitch, their faces were actually fixed to work with the weapon. And in Midna's case, her movements were worked on to work with her weapon swap. She actually uses Link's Sword and Shield in one of the DLC maps while still floating. Zant and Ghirahim also use Ganondorf's Swords at different points as well. Basically in the DLC:
-Zelda uses the Hylian Sword, Sheik's Harp and Lana's Spellbook at some point.
-Sheik uses Impa's Greatsword and Zelda's Rapier.
-Impa uses the Hylian Sword and Sheik's Harp.
-Lana and Cia use their respective weapons at one point and Lana also uses Zelda's Rapier.
-Agitha uses Lana's Spellbook in a couple matches.
-And as mentioned, Midna uses the Hylian Sword in some points and Zant and Ghirahim use Ganondorf's Swords as well.

So really, I'm pretty sure they don't have too much of a problem doing Weapon Swaps, but for some reason, it never actually happened despite being teased at. I'm not asking for a lot of weapon swaps, but for some of the ones that are pretty straightforward like Link's weapons and Lana's weapons, it would be nice to see Weapon Swaps for those.
True, I'm sure if they wanted to, weapon swapping could be done easily enough. I think they will save it for the next game probably if there is a sequel.

Now for that 4chan leak. Relatively safe. I'm only going to touch upon a few things from it:

Splatoon: I don't think they will bring Nintendo DLC in since it's a fresh new ip( pun intended). Let alone make it paid DLC when every other update has been free. It would upset fans greatly.

Smash: If the living room is actually called that, I doubt this is real. Two different living room stages, it be a bit confusing to have that, especially if both were in future entries. Also, I'm 50/50 on Chibi robo. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in, but I would think he would be packaged with someone else. He is known well in his fanbase, but outside of it, he isn't as known. Sure he could still sell well, but I think he'd have someone to back him up.

Anyway, it's a leak worth keeping an eye on I guess. The hyrule warriors bit is very interesting. We only need one of those confirmed to have some basis on this.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Eh?

I think Ganon was at his most interesting in WW, and the dual wielding has nothing to do with it. It's about motive and backstory. WW was a rare example of him being expanded beyond the typical world conquering villain role he and most villains are usually given.
This. Yeah, he's still an evil prick that needs to die, but in an extremely, EXTREMELY weird way, I sort of sympathize with him... He wants Hyrule back. He's enraged by the decision to flood it and start anew. He doesn't even want to KILL Link and Zelda initially, he just needs their Triforce pieces to revive "The Golden Land".
Again, still a **** that needed to be stopped, and he had EVERY intention of being its ruler, but it's a rare instance of Ganondorf being more than a complete power hungry fool.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It's fake, the reason why Nintendo wouldn't issue payed dlc for Splatoon and Malon wouldn't be in Hyrule Warriors. Also where's Daisy's amiibo?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I definitely have to agree, Ganondorf was doing what he thought right in WW. He only could hold onto one last thing, that would give him the hope and fulfillment he wanted in life. He was more troubled in WW then anything else. Which is why he is one of my favorite characters in the game. You just can't hate toon Ganondorf.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So, I was busy doing stuff and except the xenforo update (which I like :) ), did i missed anything the last 2 days?

idk, with the update coming soon everything can happen :)
There's a new leak on 4Chan. But it's most likely fake. It involves Chibi-Robo in Smash.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Hm. That 4chan link.........I will lean towards wait and see to believe. It kinda has convincing stuff. Yet again, we had some desperate "rumors" with smash on that site lately. I also see info that makes this lean towards not real. Malon I sadly do not believe. Yet again, we have Agitha in as a character in HW, so who knows. Anything is possible. I will still take this with a grain of salt.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Though it'd be a wallet killer perhaps Sonic is one of those series that would work as a pseudo Skylanders style thing. They got a butt-ton of character, all divide into categories (loosely) thanks to Sonic Heroes and Runners. Maybe if they added another category or two like Ranged, Metal or something...

I'll come back to this idea later, for now I gotta go sleep.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Hey. We're getting new people all of a sudden! Welcome!
We have blackjack, hookers and lots of flame shields. So tread carefully. :troll:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So I made this

Xenoblade anime when

Soul.

About Chibi-Robo, wouldn't his stage be called "Living Room (Chibi-Robo!)" instead of just "Living Room"?

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
It's fake, the reason why Nintendo wouldn't issue payed dlc for Splatoon and Malon wouldn't be in Hyrule Warriors. Also where's Daisy's amiibo?
>Malon wouldn't be in Hyrule Warriors.
>Agitha is in Hyrule Warriors.

"They wouldn't use that character" really isn't an argument itself. With the information we have, I see no reason Malon couldn't be one of the new DLC characters.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't hate Toon Ganondorf. He's fine. I just don't think he's a particularly good version of Ganondorf IMO.

I just don't need Ganondorf to be someone who is a character who you can sympathize or get or say ''Yeah, I can see why..."

Some villains are just better being evil for the sake of being evil.

To me?

He's one of those.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't hate Toon Ganondorf. He's fine. I just don't think he's a particularly good version of Ganondorf IMO.

I just don't need Ganondorf to be someone who is a character who you can sympathize or get or say ''Yeah, I can see why..."

To me?

He's one of those.
I like villains that are evil for being evil(see: Kefka)
What I don't like is "I'm gonna rule the world" villains and is what makes me dislike OoT and TP Ganondorf
While in WW, we see a human side of him, giving him reason behind his actions and becoming a simpathetic character
I like reasoning because no one does anything without a reason
Even when they just want to see others suffer, there's a reason behind that

Honestly, to me, antagonists are generally my favorite characters in most stories.
It can be that guy you love to hate and can't wait for when you finally kick their ass(Magus, Metal Face and Valter to me) or the one that you can sympathize with and feel bad when you have to kill them(Mustafa why?)

Chrono.

These need to be Mario Maker DLC.

Triangle Blocks could make for some really interesting level design.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Vaati, Malon, and Malladus, eh? Could be fun, especially Vaati.
Still holding out hope for playable Din, Nayru, Onox and Veran, or any recognition at all for the Oracle games...

Burb

The Absolute Worst

To me?

He's one of those.
That's perfectly fine and understandable. My response wasn't an attempt to say you're wrong to feel that way.

I was just saying that there is more reason to like him than the dual swords.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I love it when teenagers mess up my pizza order.

/s

Atleast it's free

Strofirko

Smash Master
Yet the last time they tried to edgfy an angel we got actraiser 2,some people said that game get everything that made first game good,and throwed into trash.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I havent really experimented much with the changes, but what's the difference between "reply" and "quote"? They seem to do the same thing and I kinda dont want to spend more than the two seconds I already used testing it out...

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
These need to be Mario Maker DLC.

Triangle Blocks could make for some really interesting level design.
Indeed. Case in point, Super Mario Advance 4 e-Reader levels 2 and 15.

On an unrelated note, the one thing I'm really hoping for (though not expecting) on the 30th is at least one of the missing Pokémon vets, as I believe that far more so than Wolf, this is almost certainly their last chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom