• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

My favorite Pokemon line will always be
There is a reason why this is a M E M E
And then they made it more relatable in Gen V

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's either Ritchie or Cameron that I think is the "worst Dues Ex Macina". Say what you want about the legends guy, but I find him more amusing. It's like you can see the writers rolling their eyes and giving up on a good excuse.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The little I've read of the Adventures manga, you can see Red in the Red/Blue chapters is a bit like Ash in the anime, but in the FireRed/LeafGreen chapters, you can see he has matured significantly.

It this kind of progression that makes it superior to the anime: the characters are more believable, despite the story's formula being roughly the same.

A very important aspect in a story are the characters. It becomes more enjoyable if the characters evolve as the story is told.

Soul.

There was a guy in the DP who used Legendary Pokémon, and unless I'm wrong, he made Ash leave the league. Not sure why. All I know is that the guy had a Latios and a Darkrai.

D

Deleted member

The Adventures manga has a sense of progression that the anime completely lacks.

The art and character design is better (in my opinion) and there's actually character development. The characters grow and progress in the story, unlike Ash who stays the same 10-year-old kid forever and doesn't really have any development or any that has is lost in the next season anyway.

The audience is the same and both employ similar story elements, but the manga is better written than the anime when it comes to the characters themselves.
I agree, which is why i said that it needs it's own animated adaptation.

It reaaaaaaalllly needs it. I need it in my life......

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The Adventures manga has a sense of progression that the anime completely lacks.

The art and character design is better (in my opinion) and there's actually character development. The characters grow and progress in the story, unlike Ash who stays the same 10-year-old kid forever and doesn't really have any development or any that has is lost in the next season anyway.

The audience is the same and both employ similar story elements, but the manga is better written than the anime when it comes to the characters themselves.
It's weird, at first I agreed with this, but the more I think about it, I find it harder and harder to compare the two, despite being mostly the same audience.

Gotta agree with the art aspect, probably my 2nd favorite after Hitoshi Ariga (they should also get Satoshi Swalot to design some Pokemon/Characters for upcoming games). Got the special edition version of Vol. 50 while I was in Japan, and the artbook that came with it looks amazing with it's glossy finish. :starman:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Pokemon/Special has Rocket Sabrina and Ditto Facemasks, even the best parts of the anime can't compare to that.

Chrono.

I thought making a Mario Maker course would be easy, and it probably is, but I have a pretty bad creative block lol

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pokemon/Special has Rocket Sabrina and Ditto Facemasks, even the best parts of the anime can't compare to that.
PA8_Chapter_Ninety_Six07.jpg

And that's not including some things like innuendos, violence, and spoon swords.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Remember the video rule guys. I think we reached the limit for this page.

D

Deleted member

That's a bad excuse. I got emotionally involved in the Johto arc's last act. They can write good. It's just that they won't ever just end Ash's journey and just have him age and mature as a trainer and a character.

Nope gotta have him lose so he'll have an excuse to go to the next region. That was literally the whole reason he was in Hoenn because Harrison's Blaziken wrecked his Charizard hard.
Why do people think Ash will just quit after he merely wins a League? Do they forget that:
a. Ash won the Orange Island League and still went to Johto.
b. Ash cleared the Battle Frontier and was given the offer to become a Frontier Brain, which he DECLINED.
?

He doesn't go to new regions just because he loses. He goes to new regions because he learns of their existence and wants to see them.
And even then, Blaziken didn't "wreck Charizard hard", it was a close match. So close in fact, that the battle made Blaziken too weak to participate in Harrison's next match.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Btw @ Burb Burb , if Wolf is reveled on the 30th, you are prepared to vote for the entire Nintenzone users most wanted chracters right? :happysheep:
All of Nintenzone?

It was just people who responded to the post I made asking about it in the old Leaks group topic.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Why do people think Ash will just quit after he merely wins a League? Do they forget that:
a. Ash won the Orange Island League and still went to Johto.
b. Ash cleared the Battle Frontier and was given the offer to become a Frontier Brain, which he DECLINED.
?

He doesn't go to new regions just because he loses. He goes to new regions because he learns of their existence and wants to see them.
And even then, Blaziken didn't "wreck Charizard hard", it was a close match. So close in fact, that the battle made Blaziken too weak to participate in Harrison's next match.
I never said he should quit but have him get his glory and then have him go on journeys alone. Then just go to a new protagonist

Ryu's greatest design is looking like Kenshiro and Joel from the Last of Us and shirtless.

#Bring back Alpha Chun-Li

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So since other characters will be getting facial hair.

Fancy Necalli.png

I'm not sorry for making this.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I kinda want there to be alternates where fighters in Street Fighter dress like other fighters.

Cammy in Chun Li's get up.

Chun Li in Karin's.

Karin in Sakura's.

ETC.

Also the boys can play dress up if they want to as well.

Last edited:
I kinda want there to be alternates where fighters in Street Fighter dress like other fighters.

Cammy in Chun Li's get up.

Chun Li in Karin's.

Karin in Sakura's.

ETC.

Also the boys can play dress up if they want to as well.
Sagat in Sakuras outfit.
Zangief in Cammy's

You know you want to see it.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm stopping catching up to say this. Pokemon Anime? RehAsh Kechup should retire and just win a damn, REAL league and just go. Seriously, it's not even the Elite Four and for some reason the Pokemon League apparently means = Pokemon Master.

*Ash does well in Sinnoh*
Tobias with his team of Legendaries out of ****ing nowhere!

Can we have Ash win a proper League for once so we can move on to another protagonist?
....Thank you.... THANK YOU, SO, FREAKING, MUCH. That honestly killed the Anime for me, I tried giving the Anime one more chance after they messed up the show past Jhoto (even though I liked Hoenn) and when they butchered the show after that with the voice changes and how May (favorite character) just lost her real personality. When I gave Gen 4 a shot after it seem to be making Ash competent for once.... Hack with Legendaries... WTH?! Seriously, WHY?

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I want costumes inspired by characters from other Capcom franchises. I would buy a Strider Hiryu outfit for Guy in a heartbeat.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Cammy in Claire Redfield's Code Veronica Look.

Though honestly all the main ladies would probably rock that look.

D

Deleted member

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind a Strider Hiryu Mii costume in Smash 4. Capcom's already reprsented, and he's made a few appearances on Nintendo platforms (he had that NES game, plus the Genesis/Mega Drive port of the Strider arcade game is on the Wii's Virtual Console). Not that I expect it to happen, but who knows? All Virtua Fighter ever had on Nintendo consoles were the inferior Genesis port of VF2 that's on VC and an RPG spin-off, yet Akira and Jacky are represented with Mii costumes.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Birdie in an Amaterasu outfit because why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom