• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm playing DKC2.

Why does everything just feel more polished than DKC1?

I dunno. It's kind of amazing.
It's Dixie Kong. She automatically makes things better. :troll:

There is a reason 2 is widely considered the best.
I really need to play 2 and 3 now that I think about it. :/ My backlog is far too large.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Something like that. :troll:
Don't forget DK going into a Jet Jaguar expy*

*This is canon in Germany iirc
I'm playing DKC2.

Why does everything just feel more polished than DKC1?

I dunno. It's kind of amazing.
With experience, they improved, DKC2 looks amazing, should buy it soon
I suck Unova's **** and I'm proud of it :^)
That didn't come out right
Unova's based off of the US so gay marriage is legal there now

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
N>>>>>>>>Colress>>>>>>>>Lysandre>>>>>>>Ghetsis>>>>>****>>>>>>>>>yur mum>>>>>>>Archie and Maxie>>>>>>>>>Cyrus>>>>>>>>Giovanni>>>>>>>Archie
Well if your counting N...
Then my list would be ( In terms of my favorite Character Wise)
N, then Archie-Lysandre-Giovanni-Corless- Ghetius -Cyrus

In terms of pure evil / good villain:
Giovanni-Lysandre-Cyrus-Ghetius-Archie-Maxie-Corless( he's not really evil) and then N( again, not really evil)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Becasue games are both a technical and artistic medium the best game in a series is usually the first sequel as they can overcome the original's shortcomings in the mechanics and presentation departments. There are exceptions (Mario, Zelda and Metroid spring to mind) but compare Assassin's Creed 1&2, Pokemon Red/Blue and Gold/Silver, Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2, Kirby's Dreamland & Adventure, Star Fox SNES & 64 (or Starwing and Lylatwars over here) and Pikmin 1 & 2 (last one is more for me personally)

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Becasue games are both a technical and artistic medium the best game in a series is usually the first sequel. There are exceptions (Mario, Zelda and Metroid spring to mind) but compare Assassin's Creed 1&2, Pokemon Red/Blue and Gold/Silver, Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2, Kirby's Dreamland & Adventure, Star Fox SNES & 64 (or Starwing and Lylatwars over here) and Pikmin 1 & 2 (last one is more for me persoanlly)
But S3&K tho.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Becasue games are both a technical and artistic medium the best game in a series is usually the first sequel as they can overcome the original's shortcomings in the mechanics and presentation departments. There are exceptions (Mario, Zelda and Metroid spring to mind) but compare Assassin's Creed 1&2, Pokemon Red/Blue and Gold/Silver, Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2, Kirby's Dreamland & Adventure, Star Fox SNES & 64 (or Starwing and Lylatwars over here) and Pikmin 1 & 2 (last one is more for me personally)
I don't think Gen II is the most popular Pokemon Gen. Sure, it's much more polished than Gen I, but Gen IV was also well polished, and that's one of the weaker gens

Soul.

I love Gen 4. The best Pokémon gen, forever and always. "Slow" pls lol, who cares.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The point I'm trying to get across is for films, the first is typically considered the best whereas in games the first is the jumping off point. Compare Mega Man 1 to Mega Man 2 for example.

With the Mario and Zelda examples I mentioned, instead of tweaking the formula in the case of Mario they made proto Kaizo Mario, then chickened out for the US release and painted another platformer with Mario paint (not related to Mario Paint) whereas Zelda went for a more experimental approach.

Both series had game closer to the original idea of what a sequel should be as I mentioned above with Super Mario Bros 3 (even though I prefer Super Mario World, I like dinosaurs, shoot me) and A Link to the Past.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
To be honest I've never played DKC1, 2, and 3 for more then a few hours, I think

Well if your counting N...
Then my list would be ( In terms of my favorite Character Wise)
N, then Archie-Lysandre-Giovanni-Corless- Ghetius -Cyrus

In terms of pure evil / good villain:
Giovanni-Lysandre-Cyrus-Ghetius-Archie-Maxie-Corless( he's not really evil) and then N( again, not really evil)
Would switch Archie and Maxie, Lysandre and Cyrus.

Soul.

Dislike button on Smashboards. Unleash your hatred towards a single post by using the Dislike button.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Persona took 4 games to get it right.
Not really. It was just a few issues.

Persona 1 was just SMT-lite and not in a good way and was dull but the characters were fantastic.

Persona 2 Innocent Sin was super easy and had bad gameplay at most cases and Enternal Punishment was hard as hell but both has the best story in the series.

Persona 3 is really hit and miss in the gameplay department like most games but everything else was pretty decent to great.

Persona 4 is the example of everything aside from design and music was mediocre as hell but the gameplay was perfection.

DKC 2 was perfection ALL AROUND.

Even then most sequels can end up being ****.

Look at DMC 2, Sonic Advance 2, FE2, Zelda 2 and the second PS1 era FF game (FF8)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Dislike button on Smashboards. Unleash your hatred towards a single post by using the Dislike button.
*Zororkrules25 disliked your post in NintenZone Social 2.0: 15 days until the new update! (Swamp, Swamp, Swamp)

:p

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
We should get Metal Gear films. I'd argue through two trilogies, tbh.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Anyone know what happened to that Smash Bros style Tohou game, it vanished without a trace.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
The games may be very movie like as they are now, but I feel like a lot of what makes MG enjoyable will be lost in a film.
Idk. A lot of what makes Metal Gear "Metal Gear" to me is how eccentric and bizarre it is. It's not really like any other series (movie or game) that I can think of, and a lot of it is cinematic or could probably translate to film well if it was given to the right director and script writer with a keen understanding that it shouldn't turn into a mindless action flick.

Though I would pay to see Liam Neeson as Big Boss. Don't lie. You would too.

I don't have faith in Hollywood for that, though. They had a great starting point to produce serious film material from Japanese media with Ghost in the Shell, but instead they handed it to the guy who directed Snow White and the Huntsman and slept with the lead actress on the job.

It's hard to convey how mad I am that one of the best ever SciFi movies is going to get butchered into some stupid action vehicle.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I know we moved past this subject already but...
Can we please change the title to "Nintenzone Social: 2.8 HD" At the start or something similar?
Considering how the thread is 2.0, it's too easy of a joke to pass on.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know we moved past this subject already but...
Can we please change the title to "Nintenzone Social: 2.8 HD" At the start or something similar?
Considering how the thread is 2.0, it's too easy of a joke to pass on.
"Swampasaur 2.8 HD edition"
Get your titles straight
It needs to have Swamp on it

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom