• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Am I the only one here thst didn't like Gen 6's music?
It felt like a downgrade after Gen 5
Diantha's theme literally feels like a downgraded Iris's theme
The rival theme doesn't help Calem/Serena at all
The gym battlevtheme felt lackluster
And the E4 theme was missing... something

ORAS did great on the remixes
Groudon's/Kyogre's theme were great imo
Deoxys' theme really fittedbit
And the Maxie and Archie's theme were my favorite remixes
Abd they gave little Wally a battle theme holy **** that was good
But Zinnia's battle theme takes best overall theme in ORAS
Polar opposite to me, I REEEEEEEEAAAAAALLLLLLY loved gen x/y ost, so much I might think it's the best pkmn ost imo.

The gym battle is actually my favourite, it really felt something, when a music is THAT open that it makes me want to unplug my headphones, that's something to praise, I rarely uses speakers......

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Even though I love Smash, there is one criticism I'd like to talk about.
The fact that it destroys our dreams.
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
:troll:

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Caught up on everything.

Yay Toon Link is in Hyrule Warriors. Now I'm hoping for Vaati to get in as well.

Soul.

So I've been at the Pokémon subreddit and then see that the green blob is apparently called Larry. what

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
so this is off topic, but i'm feeling so hopeful that i feel like i have to share. i recently said that i was robbed by one of my roommates about a week and a half ago. well today the detectives found one of my items ( a 40in tv) at a pawn shop and it was pawned by own roommate! now they have the evidence they need to arrest him. whether they done so by now i dont know, but this means i will probably be able to retrieve my things hopefully soon and my former roommate in jail. i feel like i may get some justice after all. i really hope so! :D

Last edited:

Chrono.

so this is off topic, but i'm feeling so hopeful that i feel like i have to share. i recently said that i was robbed by one of my roommates about a week and a half ago. well today the detectives found one of my items ( a 40in tv) at a pawn shop and it was pawned by by own roommate! now they have the evidence they need to arrest him. whether they done so by now i dont know, but this means i will probably be able to retrieve my things hopefully soon and my former roommate in jail. i feel like i may get some justice real soon. i really hope so! :D
Well that's great! Hopefully you'll be able to retrieve your items back with no issue.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Well that's great! Hopefully you'll be able to retrieve your items back with no issue.
the only downside is that i have to buy my items back and thats not fair. thats my property that they have. i wish the law wouldn't allow that. despite that, i'm glad that they finally have evidence to arrest my roommmate. he's nothing but a piece of ****.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
A new System Update for 3DS has just been released.
(http://gonintendo.com/stories/242249-3ds-firmware-update-10-0-0-27u-available)

EDIT: It seems someone seems to have jumped the gun and posted about a future update early. That post got taken down and was replaced with a 9.0 version update. Seems kind of fishy, but probably was just a mistake. Heck, it could even be a future system update!

Source: (http://gbatemp.net/threads/new-system-update-10-0-0-27-on-the-way-soon.396912/)

EDIT2: Seems I mistunderstood myself. Just disregard the first edit. I feel like an idiot...

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

Does the new Online tweak ruin the chances of an update soon to you guys?

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
You guys.

The Fox and the Hound.

*drops mic*

Welp that's what I get for barely paying attention. I'll just.... I'll just pick that up now.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
New topic, if there were a Square Smash Bros. announced, who would you add as playable characters?
Cloud, he's the most natural Square rep IMO. Even if he doesn't have a deep connection to Nintendo, he represents Square.

After that, Agnes as her game (Bravely Default) was published by Nintendo in America.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
New topic, if there were a Square Smash Bros. announced, who would you add as playable characters?
whoever's in dissidia, a slime, erdrick, dragonlord or whatever, some other random dq characters, sora, some other random kh characters, crono, serge, the guy from secret of mana, maybe someone from saga?, fei from xenogears, will from illusion of gaia, someone from star ocean, lara croft, bub, neku, agnes, someone from nier
maybe marina lightyears or that guy from live a live if more obscure choices

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Cloud, he's the most natural Square rep IMO. Even if he doesn't have a deep connection to Nintendo, he represents Square.

After that, Agnes as her game (Bravely Default) was published by Nintendo in America.
Open question: Do you think Cloud has a better chance than Crono, a character with a little more history and who has appeared on two Nintendo consoles? Or is Cloud enough of a mascot to override him?

(EDIT: Argh, can't believe I made the n00bish mistake of calling him Chrono!)

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
the idea of a squeenix char in smash that's not from final fantasy (or possibly dq) is pretty silly imo
even agnes

Last edited:

Chrono.

Well, not characters, but series I'd like to see are: FF (duh), KH, Dragon Quest, Drakengard/NIER, Chrono Trigger/Cross, Secret of Mana, Lord of Arcana, Parasite Eve, Valkyrie Profile, Front Mission, SaGa, Deus Ex, Bravely Default, among others I probably can't recall rn.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Well, not characters, but series I'd like to see are: FF (duh), KH, Dragon Quest, Drakengard/NIER, Chrono Trigger/Cross, Secret of Mana, Lord of Arcana, Parasite Eve, Valkyrie Profile, Front Mission, SaGa, Deus Ex, Bravely Default, among others I probably can't recall rn.
wait, SE owns deus ex? jeez, well, that too

Soul.

When will Nintendo add a new feature for the 3DS' OS.
can't i just have custom themes or something

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Who would I add? Hmm

Final Fantasy:

Cloud
Zidane
Vivi
Faris
Warrior of Light
Squall
Seifer
Aerith

Mana:

Randi
Riesz
Kevin
Hawk
Legend of Mana Hero/Heroine

Chrono:

Crono
Marle
Serge
Lynx
Kid

Parasite Eve:

Aya

Dragon Quest:

Hero(DQ1)
Dragonlord
Jessica
Yangus
Alana
Carver
Nokturnus

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Cloud is the Ryu of JRPGs in that if you ask a person that's not really into the genre to describe a JRPG character, chances are it'll come up looking something like Cloud.

In all honesty, as far as individual character recognition (not franchise) in and outside of the gaming world goes, Cloud and Lara Croft are probably SE two biggest characters.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Saints Row 4 or GTA V.

I got money to buy one of these but idk which one to choose.

If it helps I don't care for the story in either, I just wanna screw around.
If you don't care about story, then definitely Saints Row 4.
I think Saints Row The Third is a way better game but 4 is definitely better for ******* around.

only the best Squeenix rep
EDIT: Although a non-Final Fantasy rep for SE is completely implausible, I'd choose Lara Croft if it was.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Open question: Do you think Cloud has a better chance than Chrono, a character with a little more history and who has appeared on two Nintendo consoles? Or is Cloud enough of a mascot to override him?
Cloud is enough to override him, IMO.
the idea of a squeenix char in smash that's not from final fantasy (or possibly dq) is pretty silly imo
even agnes
I would've been with you. Until the Shovel Knight rumor. And the Layton rumor.

While both have reasonable doubt among them (more the Layton rumor than the Shovel Knight), they could possibly share an interesting connection.

Shovel Knight is being published in Japan. But they've kept the publisher a secret.
Layton was published by America in some reasons.

Therefore, if...and ONLY IF both of those rumors are true...than Agnes might make sense, as Bravely Default was published by Nintendo. The MAJOR issues with both Layton and Bravely Default is AFAIK in my polling data, they haven't ranked very high on "requests".

EDIT: I also keep forgetting that Lara Croft is owned by Square. I always think Eidos Interactive. Fun fact, I randomly met a fellow who has worked on one of the Tomb Raider games.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Cloud is enough to override him, IMO.

I would've been with you. Until the Shovel Knight rumor. And the Layton rumor.

While both have reasonable doubt among them (more the Layton rumor than the Shovel Knight), they could possibly share an interesting connection.

Shovel Knight is being published in Japan. But they've kept the publisher a secret.
Layton was published by America in some reasons.

Therefore, if...and ONLY IF both of those rumors are true...than Agnes might make sense, as Bravely Default was published by Nintendo. The MAJOR issues with both Layton and Bravely Default is AFAIK in my polling data, they haven't ranked very high on "requests".
Wait...

Why bring up the Layton rumor? Any reason to believe it?

Also what is it exactly?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Wait...

Why bring up the Layton rumor? Any reason to believe it?

Also what is it exactly?
Layton rumor is that his voice actor might have recorded lines for Smash. The rumor is a bit old now. The thing that gives it (some) credibility, but also makes it harder to believe at the same time is the fact that the voice actor seems to genuinely not know if he's in Smash. I've heard from someone (I legit forgot who told me this. It might have been @IntelliHeath1) that Ryu's voice actor didn't know Ryu was in Smash.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I LOVE Chrono Trigger, but that series is deader than F-Zero. SE is not the type of company that would want to advertise a character from a franchise that they don't use.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Layton rumor is that his voice actor might have recorded lines for Smash. The rumor is a bit old now. The thing that gives it (some) credibility, but also makes it harder to believe at the same time is the fact that the voice actor seems to genuinely not know if he's in Smash. I've heard from someone (I legit forgot who told me this. It might have been @IntelliHeath1) that Ryu's voice actor didn't know Ryu was in Smash.
Can you remember when you heard this? Because Ryu says "So this is Smash" in the trailer. I don't know how Kyle wouldn't figure this out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom