• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I wonder if it would be a good idea to have 3 seperate series going on for the Mario platformers.

One is the usual 3D games (ex. 64, Sunshine, Galaxy)

One is the classic 2D games (ex. SMB, SMW, NSMB)

And last but not least the 3D games that combines elements of both. (ex. 3D Land and 3D World)

Having one of each in a console generation would satisfy everyone I think.

However, if they make the next 2D Mario game anytime soon, PLEASE ditch the "New" Super Mario Bros and do something a bit different. I feel 4 (technically 5) was kind of overstaying its welcome. The NSMB games aren't bad, but they are really not that memorable and generally feel too similar to one and another.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I wonder if it would be a good idea to have 3 seperate series going on for the Mario platformers.

And last but not least the 3D games that combines elements of both. (ex. 3D Land and 3D World)

However, if they make the next 2D Mario game anytime soon, PLEASE ditch the "New" Super Mario Bros and do something a bit different. I feel 4 (technically 5) was kind of overstaying its welcome. The NSMB games aren't bad, but they are really not that memorable and generally feel too similar to one and another.
NEW SUPER MARIO WORLD!!!! :troll:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

New Paper Mario is actually a thing, it\s an hd texture pack for pm64 that is actually awesome looking :)

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
@ epicmartin7 epicmartin7 You changed your profile picture back, but something looks different...
Well if you can't beat em', join em'. :troll:

On another related note, don't forget that back in April of 2014, Nintendo did confirm another Mario title was in development by the same team who did 3D World and didn't specify if it was for 3DS or Wii U. Since it has been more than a year since then, the project has most likely moved to the NX (or might have been planned to be there all along). So I wouldn't be surprised if a 3D Mario launched alongside the NX.

Chrono.

Well, with all that said, which style of Mario game would you all prefer to be next?

This goes for both a possible 2D one, or and 3D one.
Collect-a-thon 3D Mario, we're kinda due for a new one anyway.

That being said, I really need to get 3D World at one point, it looks amazing.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Collect-a-thon 3D Mario, we're kinda due for a new one anyway.

That being said, I really need to get 3D World at one point, it looks amazing.
You mean you didn't?

What are you waiting for? It's one of the best Wii u and Mario game ever.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I honestly want a Super Mario 64 HD remake more than anything.

While it's been remade already, there's so much that could be done with that game, both aesthetically and gameplay wise.

Super Mario Sunshine still holds up today, it looks great, especially the water effects. Meanwhile Super Mario 64 has a lot to gain from an upgrade. I mean just imagine, Peach's Castle reimagined in HD with all sorts of small details and decorations, lighting and detailed paintings.

And a fully orchestrated OST. Like Throwback Galaxy and Rainbow Cruise, but the whole soundtrack.

Not to mention, they could still implement features from Super Mario 64 DS. Luigi would just have to be playable, for example. Maybe Yoshi and Wario too, but they don't have, well...that very infamous rumour. ;)

I don't know, I just think the 4-year-old in me would love to play a Wii U Super Mario 64 remake.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Did someone say New Super Mario World?
"7.8/10 too much cape"-IGN
"9.5/10 Mario is sexist, but the cape is sexy"-Kotaku
"11/10 NSMW brings world peace"-Gamespot

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

While it's been remade already, there's so much that could be done with that game, both aesthetically and gameplay wise.

Super Mario Sunshine still holds up today, it looks great, especially the water effects. Meanwhile Super Mario 64 has a lot to gain from an upgrade. I mean just imagine, Peach's Castle reimagined in HD with all sorts of small details and decorations, lighting and detailed paintings.

And a fully orchestrated OST. Like Throwback Galaxy and Rainbow Cruise, but the whole soundtrack.

Not to mention, they could still implement features from Super Mario 64 DS. Luigi would just have to be playable, for example. Maybe Yoshi and Wario too, but they don't have, well...that very infamous rumour. ;)

I don't know, I just think the 4-year-old in me would love to play a Wii U Super Mario 64 remake.
Damnit Nintendo.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

Super Mario 64 HD playable characters: Mario, Yoshi, Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
If you like JJBA, you might like this :
They have no reason to make Waluigi a playable character in it, but okay...
Waluigi had is own infamous rumour too, so according to your other post :

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
If Waluigi had a game, it would be him going around being a bully to people. I'm guessing that's why he doesn't have a game. (or maybe because he wasn't created by Shigeru Miyamoto...)

Wario is driven by greed, so they can have stories that twist his arm to "do the right thing"... but with Waluigi...Idk. He seems too much like a sore loser and well, mean, to be a decent lead character. As a supporting character he'd have no issues in my mind.

Having Waluigi playable would be totally awesome if really really weird based on his personality and past. It would finally be his breakout moment. Of course I would rather have toad playable first ;)

Unrelated but it seems strange there isn't a One Piece group even though from what i've seen it's quite popular on the boards. . . We have Gravity Falls and Steven Universe so it wouldn't be THAT strange.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If Waluigi had a game, it would be him going around being a bully to people. I'm guessing that's why he doesn't have a game. (or maybe because he wasn't created by Shigeru Miyamoto...)

Wario is driven by greed, so they can have stories that twist his arm to "do the right thing"... but with Waluigi...Idk. He seems too much like a sore loser and well, mean, to be a decent lead character. As a supporting character he'd have no issues in my mind.
I'd honestly like a game where Waluigi goes around to all the Nintendo worlds and screws around in them. In the end he defeats the bad guy that only he could beat and no one else could. (Like show Mario and Luigi getting beat up by this guy and then have Waluigi go in and beat him.
Having Waluigi playable would be totally awesome if really really weird based on his personality and past. It would finally be his breakout moment. Of course I would rather have toad playable first ;)

Unrelated but it seems strange there isn't a One Piece group even though from what i've seen it's quite popular on the boards. . . We have Gravity Falls and Steven Universe so it wouldn't be THAT strange.
There better be a Fairy Tail group.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery

Hold on? There is a Gravity Falls group? Where is it? I love this show so much!
Yeah a One Piece group woud be neat.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I want a Waluigi game where you push around Toads and steal their money

This is the entire soundtrack:

10/10

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I'd honestly like a game where Waluigi goes around to all the Nintendo worlds and screws around in them. In the end he defeats the bad guy that only he could beat and no one else could. (Like show Mario and Luigi getting beat up by this guy and then have Waluigi go in and beat him.

There better be a Fairy Tail group.
Captain Waluigi (sequel to the Captain Rainbow game). Waluigi's lands on the island and his dream is to destroy other people's dreams. Once he fulfill his dream, which is so driven by hate, a black hole emerges and brings everyone back to their original status.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So, this might be a little overkill, but I made a bingo sheet for potential launch titles for the NX.
The titles on here so far are ones that I personally think is more likely to get put onto the NX. Any more titles you guys think could fit onto here?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guys...

The NX will probably not come out next year.

You're getting ahead of yourselves.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Guys...

The NX will probably not come out next year.

You're getting ahead of yourselves.
Well, sometimes it's fun to speculate :D. Plus, the bingo sheet won't be used until next year :p. So we got plenty of time if things change.

EDIT: But yes, I do realize that I am way ahead of myself and I might be bored out of my mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom