• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's First Samurai: Takamaru for SSB4 (Final Request: Ask the US HW devs to add Takamaru)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Now that you've mentioned it, Sakurai would be the only one who can do it after all. Considering everything he had done to expand upon Kid Icarus's mythos, I can easily see him expanding upon Takamaru's world with his genius.
Justimagine how gorgeous the maidens will be in his style and how horrific the aliens/yokai would look. Not to mention the fact that he knows how to have great action a la Smash Run gives you a good idea of how frenzied the Murasame Castle reboot would be with its fast paced action.

After all, any retro character with a rebooted design must have their next game directed by Sakurai himself. (Unless they aren't named the Ice Climbers :troll:)
Honestly I hope it ends up being like Zelda in exploration.
I don't want a stage based game where everything is laid out in front of you like Uprising was it wouldn't fit Murasame's style all that well.
I'm hoping it is more action oriented but with a huge overworld to explore and discover.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Honestly I hope it ends up being like Zelda in exploration.
I don't want a stage based game where everything is laid out in front of you like Uprising was it wouldn't fit Murasame's style all that well.
I'm hoping it is more action oriented but with a huge overworld to explore and discover.
Open world on par with Zelda, fast paced action fit for great combat, loads of enemies of various species, the OG villains + some new ones with great personalities, the aforementioned qualities for the old and new supporting/main cast (Takamaru included), subtle humor that can get over the yougins' heads (Pit's steaming buns joke for example), a more developed plot that everyone can enjoy, and lastly more voiced dialogue unlike most Nintendo titles.

All the cash I'd give for this to happen. Please Sakurai, just do this! ;_;

Last edited:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I dont think an overworld will work, nazo is more in the line of "sin and punishment" but with exploration, rather than zelda.
Maybe four swords adventures?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I dont think an overworld will work, nazo is more in the line of "sin and punishment" but with exploration, rather than zelda.
Maybe four swords adventures?
I was thinking on the scale of No More Heroes 1.
Open world with intense action.
Don't know how many of you have played NMH but that's the way I think it would work.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I kinda wanna see Takamaru with his hair down..
Me too. :( Or maybe even have his ponytail not straight up, but loosely hanging from a shoulder. Maybe something like this:

*swoons*

But I've tried to search up pics, and I could only find this:

Heck, depending on how long Takamaru's hair is, he could even pull off a loose/messy side braid.

I can't believe I'm talking about Takamaru's hair. :facepalm: it's all your guys' fault!

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Never played river city ransom.
But it's definitely not like GTA.
Uh well.

I just dont see it happening like that, even if uprising is not a plattaform game is still structured the same way as the original "levels and dungeon levels and dungeon...", i dont think they will change it too much.

Something with an overworld will make it look too much like zelda, or even like okami, and clonic franchises arent a good thing.

Maybe Skyward Sword? :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm just interesting in whether Sakurai can make more interesting designs for the Castle Lords, assuming that they'll be revived somehow like what happened with the entire Underworld Army in Uprising. (Note the four people surrounding Takamaru and Ayame).

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I think we need to see something to lighten up the mood. Here's a Captain Rainbow manga based on Takamaru's arc, which is surprisingly inappropriate appropriate considering what he had to do the first time Nick had met him. :troll:

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=41942442
Seeing this reminds me of how thematically cool it would be to see Takamaru, Little Mac and Lip all become playable in Smash in the same entry. It would be like a Captain Rainbow Training Alumini meetup.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Seeing this reminds me of how thematically cool it would be to see Takamaru, Little Mac and Lip all become playable in Smash in the same entry. It would be like a Captain Rainbow Training Alumini meetup.
As for Lip, we might see her in the next title since her iconic stick is still an item. But who knows if he can figure something out to make her fight without the stick. Having her and Lip would definitely complete the Captain Rainbow Trio in Smash IMO.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Aight Imma try a Moveset, i'll even try some variations.

B - Kunai Throw, a three-way fan-shaped throw, travels a little farther than Ness' PK Fire, deals 7-9 Damage
B.2 - Shuriken Throw(single throw), can potentially travel across the whole stage but are slow and deal 4-5 Damage
B.3 - Fireball Throw, thrown in a Plus Shape, good for defending your back, Deals 6-7 damage
- The angle of all these shot can slightly manipulated by the angle of the control stick.

>B - Fireball, Lobs a fireball in an Arc Shape, it lingers on the ground for like 5 seconds, It it hits, it deals 6-8 Damage, it you touch the flame, 4-6
>B.2 - Large Fireball, A Stronger, bigger Version of the Above, that doesn't last as long or go as far, 9-11 Damage for hitting the Fireball, 8-10 for the Flame
>B.3- Firework, based on those bombs from Nintendo Land, basically Snake's Grenade with a bigger blast radius

^B - Windmill Sword, With a bit of Magic or whatever Takamaru's Katana spins so fast it create a small tornado around him givng him a great vertical recovery, when used on the ground people too close will get blown away, only lasts 4 seconds though
^B.2 - Tornado Sword, Less Recovery more attack, use this move on the ground and it'll suck people in and deal 1-5 damage, also lasts for 4 seconds.
^B.3 - Ascension, Based on Takamaru's ending in Samurai Warriors 3, a heavenly light quickly picks him up and lifts him to the top of the stage, the best recovery but leaves him open.

vB - Summon Bear, Based on the Samurai Warrior Game Takamaru was in where he could ride a bear, only in his mode and you had to beat his mode to unlock anywhere else, so it's his, shhhh don't question it.
It's a bit of a Mix between Zelda's Phantom Slash and Wario's Bike, You can ride it and use it for fighting(Though you have to get off to use specials) or you can let it wander for a bit and let it swipe at someone who gets to close, it's largely uninterested in what you're doing though and will only swipe once or twice.
vB.2 - Bear Counter, Takamaru enters a stance, the moment he's attacked a bear shoots out from behind, deal 12 damage and then briefly going after the target for 5 seconds.
vB - Invisibility, Takamaru Briefly turns invisible in a puff of smoke for about 8 seconds , or until Takamaru makes an attack. Attacks will have a 20% boost in power.

Final Smash.... Eh, I like the one at the front page.

Phew.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Guys, i just thought of something. Takamaru has aliens in his games right? Uprising introduced the Aurum, which are aliens no one knows where they came from. What if they are from Takamaru's world and Sakurai plans on using them as a tie-in? Wishful thinking...

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Guys, i just thought of something. Takamaru has aliens in his games right? Uprising introduced the Aurum, which are aliens no one knows where they came from. What if they are from Takamaru's world and Sakurai plans on using them as a tie-in? Wishful thinking...
I think you just blew my mind.

Staarih

Smash Master
Speaking of Kid Icarus: Uprising, I've always thought Sakurai could tackle a Mysterious Murasame Castle remake (or rather rebirth if you will) after seeing what he achieved with Kid Icarus. I've yet to play Uprising, but done my research, and it does look like a game with lots of elements which would totally work in a Murasame Castle game. Not only the aliens and stuff, but other stuff too. I'm really hoping for someone to breathe fresh air into the Murasame Castle game (I want to call it a franchise haha!), because it just has so much potential. Here's hoping Takamaru will at least make it into Smash 4 and begin his way into mainstream popularity again, much like Pit did via Brawl.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Yeah, I was thinking Sakurai would be perfect for a revival of the series. It could even play like Uprising did, where the player would use projectiles from a distance and switch to melee attacks when up close, because that's how the original game worked. All of the pieces are definitely there, and if it gives another excuse to have all of the big talent that worked on Uprising come together and build another bombastic title of the same calibre, then I'd be all for it.

Definitely should let Sakurai rest up for a bit first though, he really needs to give himself a break - he's earned it.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Yeah, I was thinking Sakurai would be perfect for a revival of the series. It could even play like Uprising did, where the player would use projectiles from a distance and switch to melee attacks when up close, because that's how the original game worked. All of the pieces are definitely there, and if it gives another excuse to have all of the big talent that worked on Uprising come together and build another bombastic title of the same calibre, then I'd be all for it.

Definitely should let Sakurai rest up for a bit first though, he really needs to give himself a break - he's earned it.
Definitely.

Also, consider rating Takamaru in chance and want over in the Rate Their Chances thread. It's Takamaru and Isaac's day today. Go nuts on the want score, but be realistic with chance (no 100% chance scores and whatnot). There's a tutorial on the format in the OP.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Some of the opinions expressed in that RTC for (against) Takamaru just make my head throb.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Some of the opinions expressed in that RTC for (against) Takamaru just make my head throb.
Well, I understand them. Kinda. I won't go "lulz you are stupid because you don't understand that my favorite character is important and Sakurai is stupid if he's not in the game". Takamaru supporters don't do that.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Well, I understand them. Kinda. I won't go "lulz you are stupid because you don't understand that my favorite character is important and Sakurai is stupid if he's not in the game". Takamaru supporters don't do that.
It's just the fact that some of the arguments are absolutely biased. It's kind of annoying.

But I do agree. Let's not flame them.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
It seems to be a very big misconception that Takamaru uses Shuriken
I think Nintendoland is to blame for that

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It seems to be a very big misconception that Takamaru uses Shuriken
I think Nintendoland is to blame for that
Yeah, because fools treat it like it's canon from the start like the shiruken argument and the "no more blue haired swordsman" cry. Pathetic. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yeah, because fools treat it like it's canon from the start like the shiruken argument and the "no more blue haired swordsman" cry. Pathetic. :rolleyes:
People are still doing that I thought that was over after the whole Gematsu leak of Chrom.
Oh well I guess you never can have enough Blue-haired swordsmen.

Shirarisun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shirarisun
3DS FC
4484-7795-7328
As much as I'd like this to happen, I don't think it will. I feel like Greninja and Mii Swordsman took all he has going for him.

Speaking of Miis...

In case of emergency, scan QR to 3DS. (Sorry no Wii U)
(And yes, he has a ponytail. It's just not in the pic.)

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
A Mii dressed similar to Professor Layton? Sure.

A Mii that looks very little like Takamaru but is the best people can make? No thanks.
Quoting for relevancy.

Blagh, seeing Miis so up close like that... they're just so ugly D8 Every time I think I'm starting to be ok with them, I see something like that and am just like "Why Sakurai why?"

edit: Not talking about that Mii specifically, just talking about Miis in general, just to clarify.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Quoting for relevancy.

Blagh, seeing Miis so up close like that... they're just so ugly D8 Every time I think I'm starting to be ok with them, I see something like that and am just like "Why Sakurai why?"

edit: Not talking about that Mii specifically, just talking about Miis in general, just to clarify.
I'm more concerned about the Mii Rule 34 that might happen. *shudders*

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Toon Link already debunks his information. :p
Not to mention a Eternal Darkness boss is highly unlikely since I doubt Sakurai would want to reference such a gritty and forgettable title.

Waiting until August where we will finally know his fate is the best option for now. At times like this, I wish that Sal's tipper can just spoil the full roster like PortraitofRuin instead of doing these painfully slow updates. :urg:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Not to mention a Eternal Darkness boss is highly unlikely since I doubt Sakurai would want to reference such a gritty and forgettable title.

Waiting until August where we will finally know his fate is the best option for now. At times like this, I wish that Sal's tipper can just spoil the full roster like PortraitofRuin instead of doing these painfully slow updates. :urg:
I don't think it was all that forgettable after all I remember the first time my head randomly fell of while walking down a hallway.
But yeah I don't think there will be anything Eternal Darkness related.
On the Sal leak, it seems like he gets his Info in batches before big events so he might spoil it right before the Japanese release?
But yes either reveal the whole roster or keep it to yourself because the way that the Boards are getting is just not very fun.
I mean you have every roster having the sal leak characters, K. Rool, and someone else like Isaac.
It's really ruining the fun speculation mood back when the leak was still up in the air and we still didn't know if it was legit.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know, I've been thinking for a while and thought of a theory. What if they've though about adding, but didn't want to make him a last minute addition? What if instead, he were to be one of the first few DLC characters available. I'm not saying he can't be in the final roster, but what if there were a good reason why Sakurai did think of him ahead of time. It's just thus gut feeling I've had after analyzing the whole 47-51 roster theory.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
You know, I've been thinking for a while and thought of a theory. What if they've though about adding, but didn't want to make him a last minute addition? What if instead, he were to be one of the first few DLC characters available. I'm not saying he can't be in the final roster, but what if there were a good reason why Sakurai did think of him ahead of time. It's just thus gut feeling I've had after analyzing the whole 47-51 roster theory.
My personal prediction is that we're getting the remaining Gematsu newcomers, K. Rool, Takamaru, and hopefully Ridley. However, I could see Takamaru as DLC if push comes to shove.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So I was thinking the other day, and as may know, I'm a supporter of Takamaru and Mike Jones.
Takamaru being a Japanese exclusive character (mostly), and Mike being a Western exclusive.
Could they both make it in to show off the East vs. West thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom