• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's First Samurai: Takamaru for SSB4 (Final Request: Ask the US HW devs to add Takamaru)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Hmm, so there is some sort of theme in Captain Rainbow. Pretty cool to hear, thanks!

Douchuumen is a pretty sexy theme, though. I wouldn't mind if part of it is used for Takamaru's fanfare. Either way, I'm sure whatever they'd use for his victory theme will sound awesome.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Concerning Victory Jingles, so long as we get gongs and/or taiko drums and/or shamisens and/or shouts of YOOOOOOOOO!!!, we should be fine. ;)

Speculator

Smash Ace
I think, since there's a victory theme from his game, that's what they should go with. Douchuumen is fantastic, but I'm sure we'll be hearing plenty of it. I don't think it should be his only musical riff.

LF2K

Floor Diver

I'm hoping Murasame is a boss in Adventure Mode, with this song. You can't deny seeing the Wii Fit Trainer clashing with Mursame wouldn't be hilarious.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I'm hoping Murasame is a boss in Adventure Mode, with this song. You can't deny seeing the Wii Fit Trainer clashing with Mursame wouldn't be hilarious.
Give him his Samurai Warriors 3 appearance, make him as hard as his Nazo no Murasame-Jo counterpart, and give him the frustrating strategies from Nintendo Land.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
If there's one thing I hope doesn't happen it's for Takamaru to have the SW3 look. I'm way more fond of the original FDS boxart and even the Captain Rainbow looks if only because it looks "softer" and more whimsical/colorful, something that I've always loved about Nintendo's character design.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
If there's one thing I hope doesn't happen it's for Takamaru to have the SW3 look. I'm way more fond of the original FDS boxart and even the Captain Rainbow looks if only because it looks "softer" and more whimsical/colorful, something that I've always loved about Nintendo's character design.
Agreed. He looks too realistic and not "Nintendo-y" enough in SW3.

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
victory theme? i would be totally fine with an arrangement of the stage clear theme

but a snippet of this could also work ( and would be uplifting as hell )

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Or combine both designs (retro and Samurai Warriors 3) for an anime-esque look. That way, he would easily fit in with the Zelda and Fire Emblem crew with no problem. The image below would be a good example of what I'm referring to.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Or combine both designs (retro and Samurai Warriors 3) for an anime-esque look. That way, he would easily fit in with the Zelda and Fire Emblem crew with no problem. The image below would be a good example of what I'm referring to.

Ha, Mac's like "I'm in, suckers!". :laugh:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well ****, Beethoven being referenced in a Japanese game based on feudal times would be the last thing I'd expect.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I think Ode to Joy is public domain. A lot of classical music is.

Ooh, a Japanese style remix of Beethoven would be awesome! :chuckle:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
New Topic: If Takamaru were to be confirmed next month, what type of reactions he would cause to the casuals, Smash fans, and fangirls (Either America, Europe, or Japan is fine) after the direct?

For me, I think the casuals would find him cool and would start making Link vs. Takamaru comments on Miiverse. The Smash fans, I think most Japanese fans would be happy with him while 35% of the Americans would think of him as a wasted slot. As for the fangirls, it would be pretty damn obvious what would happen from there.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
New Topic: If Takamaru were to be confirmed next month, what type of reactions he would cause to the casuals, Smash fans, and fangirls (Either America, Europe, or Japan is fine) after the direct?

For me, I think the casuals would find him cool and would start making Link vs. Takamaru comments on Miiverse. The Smash fans, I think most Japanese fans would be happy with him while 35% of the Americans would think of him as a wasted slot. As for the fangirls, it would be pretty damn obvious what would happen from there.
Such is the fate of every pretty boy who ends up in this franchise's roster. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
I can imagine most of the kids on Miiverse going "Who?" or "Not Shadow!".

D

Deleted member

I can imagine most of the kids on Miiverse going "Who?" or "Not Shadow!".
You forgot the kids who would make some ridiculous claim that Takamaru helps out Goku getting in Smash (I once saw someone who said that Saria's Trophy in one PotD foreshadows Goku).

I can imagine that Takamaru will get a lot of "Huh?"s and "Who?"s.

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
I'm way too confident that this guy's in the game. He has to be. It just seems so right! I'm probably jinxing it, lmao. My prediction is that he won't be announced but will be among the first secret characters to be unlocked.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm way too confident that this guy's in the game. He has to be. It just seems so right! I'm probably jinxing it, lmao. My prediction is that he won't be announced but will be among the first secret characters to be unlocked.
I can easily see that happening since there's a lot of Fire Emblem related dates/anniversaries next month and Sakurai wouldn't diss the FE fans by not revealing Chrom or any other Fire Emblem newcomer.

LF2K

Floor Diver
April has three anniversaries: Murasame Castle, Kirby, and Fire Emblem. Who knows what'll happen?

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Just came here to say that I recently started playing a ROM of Nazo No Murasame Jou for the first time and it's a badass game. The pacing alone sets it a world apart from most games on the NES and I'd love to see the series make a return. I think Takamaru is fairly likely too considering he had his own game in Nintendo Land and that would be a pretty weird non-sequitur if Nintendo doesn't have any further plans for him. Although I guess there was a balloon fight game too so who knows. Anyways, I HEREBY DECLARE MY SUPPORT FOR TAKAMARU!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, considering when he went for unpredictable in February, he zeroed in on the Punch-Out!! anniversary and revealed Mac rather than a DK newcomer, I'm going to laugh if he's yet again unpredictable (to most) and skips over a FE newcomer and reveals Takamaru instead. Who knows.

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
i'm really sorry to post this here, but you guys need to help me out.

i've only played nazo no murasame jou once, and it's a long time ago ( 5 or 6 years i believe? ) and i really want to play it again now. but i just can't seem to find a working rom, or emulation for that matter. can someone please just tell me where to get a good working rom of it, and what kind of emulator does work for the game ( i know it has to be a famicon disk drive emulator or something )

besides that, my reaction of takamaru being revealed would be big. he's my second most wanted characters and of some days even my most wanted. i am a huge fan of samurai's in general and if his play style fits me. ( which isn't really an issue because if like a character i change up my play style to fit them )

i also really hope they do something with the whole nosebleed gag from captain rainbow, because i love it when heroes have some sort of ''handicap'' ( think duster of mother 3 who has a disabled leg, but still kicks anyway. or pit that can't fly by himself so he needs temporary wings from someone else )

maybe the whole big breasts thing is a bit too controversial though, so they could change that up in smash to be just about takamaru being extremely awkward and shy around girls, maybe keep the nosebleeds too but censor them a bit. make it a bit more suggestive.

imagine what that could mean if he finds out samus is a girl at the end of his reveal trailer or something, it be great.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
i'm really sorry to post this here, but you guys need to help me out.

i've only played nazo no murasame jou once, and it's a long time ago ( 5 or 6 years i believe? ) and i really want to play it again now. but i just can't seem to find a working rom, or emulation for that matter. can someone please just tell me where to get a good working rom of it, and what kind of emulator does work for the game ( i know it has to be a famicon disk drive emulator or something )

besides that, my reaction of takamaru being revealed would be big. he's my second most wanted characters and of some days even my most wanted. i am a huge fan of samurai's in general and if his play style fits me. ( which isn't really an issue because if like a character i change up my play style to fit them )

i also really hope they do something with the whole nosebleed gag from captain rainbow, because i love it when heroes have some sort of ''handicap'' ( think duster of mother 3 who has a disabled leg, but still kicks anyway. or pit that can't fly by himself so he needs temporary wings from someone else )

maybe the whole big breasts thing is a bit too controversial though, so they could change that up in smash to be just about takamaru being extremely awkward and shy around girls, maybe keep the nosebleeds too but censor them a bit. make it a bit more suggestive.

imagine what that could mean if he finds out samus is a girl at the end of his reveal trailer or something, it be great.
Nestopia is the emulator to go for.
Here's the Famicom Disk System BIOS. You'll need it to play the game.
Here's a Japanese ROM.
Here's a translated ROM.

(Here are some other games I'd recommend.
English Joy Mech Fight (REALLY fun game. Translation actually necessary to follow the story, unlike Nazo no Murasame Jo)
Japanese Metroid (literally just for the title screen's music)
Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA, just because I like the game)
)

Last edited:

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
Nestopia is the emulator to go for.
Here's the Famicom Disk System BIOS. You'll need it to play the game.
Here's a Japanese ROM.
Here's a translated ROM.

(Here are some other games I'd recommend.
English Joy Mech Fight (REALLY fun game. Translation actually necessary to follow the story, unlike Nazo no Murasame Jo)
Japanese Metroid (literally just for the title screen's music)
Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA, just because I like the game)
)
you fine sir, are a hero. thank you a lot.

and i've played joy mech fight before; love it. it's like the most simple fighting game every yet it's very amusing. can't stand old metroid anymore, it's so slow. rather start up zero mission again then.

and i've just purchased super mario bros 2 a few days ago to celebrate the closing of the year of luigi :D

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
you fine sir, are a hero. thank you a lot.

and i've played joy mech fight before; love it. it's like the most simple fighting game every yet it's very amusing. can't stand old metroid anymore, it's so slow. rather start up zero mission again then.

and i've just purchased super mario bros 2 a few days ago to celebrate the closing of the year of luigi :D
Well, have fun!

LF2K

Floor Diver
I've been re-watching Samurai Jack lately, and I can't help but think Takamaru's reveal trailer should be similar to this. Too bad Aku's voice actor has passed away, though, that would make it even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom