• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Power - April -Wii Smash File #9 "Fox"

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
^^ the sword beams were also in minish cap.

Notice how the Pikachu smash file says "Yadda yadda yadda makes pikachu one of the best fighters in the game" while fox gets no such mention

lol
That's weird, considering Fox is one of the top Tiers in SSBM.

Where does Pikachu rank again?

...Maybe Pikachu will be better in Brawl.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
I just got the May ish--Samus is the Smash File character. Just Samus, not Zero Suit Samus. In fact, there isn't a single mention of Zero Suit Samus on the page. Seems like they split Samus and Zero Suit Samus up to give them more time before they run out of characters, seeing as, now, Zero Suit Samus is the only character they have yet to do.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I just got the May ish--Samus is the Smash File character. Just Samus, not Zero Suit Samus. In fact, there isn't a single mention of Zero Suit Samus on the page. Seems like they split Samus and Zero Suit Samus up to give them more time before they run out of characters, seeing as, now, Zero Suit Samus is the only character they have yet to do.
You got the May addition already?

Whoa... They'll HAVE to reveal a new character now!

...Actually, I just heard that GameFA is already saying that Sonic and Lucario are confirmed.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
No, they don't have to reveal anything. The fact that they have left both Samus and ZSS til the end and ended up splitting them into seperate smash files seems to suggest to me that Nintendo Power is buying themselves some time, hoping that a new character will be revealed before they reach the end of the confirmed characters (they only have Zero Suit Samus left). Just because they work for Nintendo's official magazine doesn't mean they're in the know when it comes to Nintendo games.

And GameFaqs is an absolutely terrible source. Everything there, including the credtis pages for the games, are submitted by users who are as little in the know as everyone else.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I knew ZSS would be an entirely different entity. Take that, idiots who think she's the same character!

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
I knew ZSS would be an entirely different entity. Take that, idiots who think she's the same character!
I'm not sure how this proves anything. Sure, this little paragraph long description of Samus doesn't mention Zero Suit Samus, but it also doesn't mention Smash Bros. in any way shape or form.

Once again, Nintendo Power's employees are likely as in the dark about Brawl as we are. This hardly proves anything.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Looks like I was correct.

Got the new issue... and the Smash Files are gone.

Seems they skipped over ZSS because they'd just be repeating themselves from when they did Samus.

So nothing. No Smash Files anymore until (presumably) more characters are announced.
DAMMIT! Those cheapskapes are holding out on us!!!

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Looks like Kazuki's prediction was right after all, huh guys?

The reason I knew this is because ONM (UK) stopped the Smash Bros. Dojo updates (The UK equivalent of Smash Files) 3 months ago after ending with Fox.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I can see why only idiots would believe that ZSS and Samus would be part of the same character.

Wait, what's this?

This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!
Is that... is that from THE OFFICIAL SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL PAGE?

Hah. Those idiots who are making the game. What were they thinking?

Banks

Smash Hero
wobbles good job owning everyone without an inescapable technique.

but yea, if zsamus is the only sheik alternative i wonder if theres a way to drop the suit from the get-go

The Director

Smash Lord
I think the fact that Nintendo Power doesn't have any more characters to profile is atrocious.

For Nintendo's official magazine here in the states, the Smash team could have easily given them two or three screens of a new character and a small profile. Going this long without any official news is just criminal.

Croco

Smash Lord
I think the fact that Nintendo Power doesn't have any more characters to profile is atrocious.

For Nintendo's official magazine here in the states, the Smash team could have easily given them two or three screens of a new character and a small profile. Going this long without any official news is just criminal.
Well e3 2007 is just a few months away.. :dizzy:

SilintNinjya

Smash Apprentice
ya its all good...ill have the halo 3 beta and forza 2 keeping me busy over the summer. i just need something to do for the first part of may....hmmmmmmm

Banks

Smash Hero
assturbation is always fun.

but super mario galaxy and metroid 3 are coming out before brawl ya? thats good for wii owners to tide them over.

Banks

Smash Hero
**** that sucks =( ubt actually i never got a chance to play prime two, so perhaps i should do that first

Tera253

Smash Ace
^yes he certainly does^. the only thing that would have made him even batter was to make his ears point farther apart.
~Tera253~

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Alright, looks like I was wrong afterall.

In truth, I hadn't actually gotten my NP yet, I'm sorry for lying. I was told by a pretty reliable source though, but it was wrong of my to say that I had gotten the issue. You can forgive me if you like, but I lied to you all, and I apologize dearly for that. That's the last time I trust that source... Again, really, really, really sorry. I can't apologize enough.

There is a Smash File in the new NP, it's Zero Suit Samus. Just to make sure you know I'm not lying to you again, I've taken the liberty to scan her page.

Again, I am really sorry for the confusion I caused.

Croco

Smash Lord
Alright, looks like I was wrong afterall.

In truth, I hadn't actually gotten my NP yet, I'm sorry for lying. I was told by a pretty reliable source though, but it was wrong of my to say that I had gotten the issue. You can forgive me if you like, but I lied to you all, and I apologize dearly for that. That's the last time I trust that source... Again, really, really, really sorry. I can't apologize enough.

There is a Smash File in the new NP, it's Zero Suit Samus. Just to make sure you know I'm not lying to you again, I've taken the liberty to scan her page.

Again, I am really sorry for the confusion I caused.

I haven't received my NP either.. :ohwell:
I guess maybe tomorrow it might come in the mail. Let's hope the next issue has SOMETHING.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Watch the next smash file is like "... Battlefield! yes it's back. the end" and not about characters... I'd be pisssed.

But seriously it is about time for some new characters. The sick part is we know that Sakurai knows how badly we want to know. I said know too much.

The Director

Smash Lord
Well, I don't really care if you were lying or whatnot or just relying on sources...whatever...

...the real situation here is next month's issue...will they have a new character? And if they do, could that mean that a trailer will introduce those characters before NP does? :cool:

Banks

Smash Hero
they will probably reveal onewe already expect, like luigi or jigglypuff. if they did one that was unexpected, thatdbe too good

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
someone should scan all the smash files, because np isnt worth the money imo
Absolutely none of the Smash Files are worth reading. They don't have any information that we don't know, and a good chunk of them don't even mention Brawl anyway.

The Director said:
...the real situation here is next month's issue...will they have a new character? And if they do, could that mean that a trailer will introduce those characters before NP does?
Despite ZSS being shown unlike I was originally informed, I still think the Smash Files will just stop next month. Just because Nintendo Power is owned by Nintendo doesn't mean the magazine's staff know anymore about the game than we do. I mean, the fact that none of the Smash Files have any information that we don't already know seems to point to this.

I don't think we'll be getting any new Smash info until July when E3 rolls around.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Here's a link that has all of them, Banksyayogame50.

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=smash&message.id=1256786&view=by_date_ascending&page=1
Absolutely none of the Smash Files are worth reading. They don't have any information that we don't know, and a good chunk of them don't even mention Brawl anyway.
Well...the last one did clarify the context of "under certain conditions" which was one of the main arguements to Samus and No Suit Samus being separate characters.
Despite ZSS being shown unlike I was originally informed, I still think the Smash Files will just stop next month. Just because Nintendo Power is owned by Nintendo doesn't mean the magazine's staff know anymore about the game than we do. I mean, the fact that none of the Smash Files have any information that we don't already know seems to point to this.

I don't think we'll be getting any new Smash info until July when E3 rolls around.
They could just have been told not to. I mean, they could be working on the Player's Guide by now, especially if the game is going to be released in the US and Japan within a couple weeks like SSBM was. Also, if the Japanese version comes with full English like SSBM did, NOA would need the info on hand pretty soon to localize it. So...they probably know everything but got the whole "don't tell" thing from the parent company in Japan.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Devastlian said:
Well...the last one did clarify the context of "under certain conditions" which was one of the main arguements to Samus and No Suit Samus being separate characters.
I don't think it clarifies anything, it just states the same thing over again, just with different wording.

Devastlian said:
They could just have been told not to. I mean, they could be working on the Player's Guide by now, especially if the game is going to be released in the US and Japan within a couple weeks like SSBM was. Also, if the Japanese version comes with full English like SSBM did, NOA would need the info on hand pretty soon to localize it. So...they probably know everything but got the whole "don't tell" thing from the parent company in Japan.
I'm still not entirely convinced, but I guess there's no real way of knowing.

Top Bottom