• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Power - April -Wii Smash File #9 "Fox"

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
...if they're expecting to reveal one character per month, this might take a helluva long time.

I can't wait until June.

Sensai

Smash Master
Thursday. From 10.30 to 11.30, California time.

(I think that's right. I know Thursday is, but the time may be a bit (an hour either way) off.)

Mrmaxwell

Smash Rookie
thnx...i doubt if he has anything to say about brawl...but there is always hope...we are long overdue for an update anyways.

Croco

Smash Lord
Well when I check on the official site for GDC..
I tried searching what would be on the show floor.
Smash Brothers was not listed..
Mario Galaxy?
Yes.
So who knows.. maybe there will be some big surprise.
Just a video or something like what happened at Nintendo World.

Chepe

Smash Lord
To me, not having a Smash File for Samus and Zero Suit Samus before Fox means that they are having trouble making up their minds about her being separate or a transformation...

Hopefully they will pull another E3 on us, and reveal info about Brawl after we wouldnt expect anymore Nintendo info...

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
To me, not having a Smash File for Samus and Zero Suit Samus before Fox means that they are having trouble making up their minds about her being separate or a transformation...
Disagree. If it's coming out sometime this year, which means in nine short months, you think the character roster would be 100% by now. They're probably in the process of balancing attacks, setting up menus, publicity, etc... and then you have to add in the factors of production, shipping, etc...

Aboud the GDC? I doubt anything is coming out of Miyomoto's mouth that'll even reference the word 'Smash'. Remember how secrative they were about the Wii? Yeah. And that was an entire console.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Originally Posted by www.jeux-france.com
Nintendo diffuse quelques nouvelles images très discrètes de Super Smash Bros. Brawl sur Wii dans le magazine japonais Famitsu. Présenté il y a quelques semaines à l'occasion du Nintendo World 2006 au Japon, ce nouvel opus de la série proposera des combats en multi avec les principaux personnages issus de l'univers Nintendo, dont Fox Mc Cloud, Metaknight, Zero Suit Samus, et Wario, mais également des héros issus des séries appartenant à des éditeurs tiers tel que Solid Snake de Metal Gear Solid. La sortie du jeu est attendue pour l'année 2007.

Update 1 : Voici quelques images de meilleure qualité tirées du magazine japonais Nintendo Dream.

Update 2 : Nintendo dévoile des images officielles et la vidéo de Super Smash Bros. Brawl du Nintendo World 2006 à Tokyo accessible ici.

Here's a translation of this for you guys, using my reasonably okay French.

Nintendo has released top secret images of Brawl to Famitsu, a Japanese videogame magazine. Presented at Nintendo World 2006 in Japan, these new images show multiplayer action from a variety of characters in the Nintendo universe, such as Fox, Metaknight, ZSS, and Wario, but also presented are characters from third parties such as Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid. The release date for the game is sometime in 2007.

Update 1: Here are images of best quality pulled from Nintendo Dream.
Update 2: Nintendo has officially released these screens (and a video) from Nintendo World, accessible here [on their website we've all seen].

So, as you can see, nothing new.

Darkenspirit

Smash Rookie
Fox is good and all, and i love his reappearance again, however

Why does his *** resemble that of J-Los?
Why did he get a scouter and butt implants? Please Lord why!!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well when I check on the official site for GDC..
I tried searching what would be on the show floor.
Smash Brothers was not listed..
Mario Galaxy?
Yes.
So who knows.. maybe there will be some big surprise.
Just a video or something like what happened at Nintendo World.
Ah If I rememeber correctly, in E3 they never told brawl info (back then know as SSB3) was gonna be shown, and I believe they did mention MP3 and a galaxy (not known as mario galaxy back then) was gonna be shown... so theyre probably foing this again, just when u think the conference is over, they'll show a new trailer when were not expecting it...

Mrmaxwell

Smash Rookie
Ah If I rememeber correctly, in E3 they never told brawl info (back then know as SSB3) was gonna be shown, and I believe they did mention MP3 and a galaxy (not known as mario galaxy back then) was gonna be shown... so theyre probably foing this again, just when u think the conference is over, they'll show a new trailer when were not expecting it...
lets us pray that this is so. i want to see sheik!!!

Sensai

Smash Master
Obviously you guys are unaware of Nintendo's inability to talk about anything 'big'.

A few days ago, Nintendo asked the Japanese government to sell the stocks that it had in Nintendo. It did, and as a result, price for Nintendo stocks went down considerably.

Now, it's all determined by supply/demand...meaning, more people would be demanding if there was less supply or something big about to happen. Go ask your Econ teacher, I'm not typing it all out.

Anyways, manipulation of stock prices is illegal (read: against the law). If they were to announce something 'big' (that's the term given), then they, being Nintendo's high in command, could face serious charges.

So, nothing huge, meaning not too much of anything in any one area....at least, not from Nintendo. Then again, does Sakurai and Smash count as Nintendo? Sure, it's on the Wii...but it's not 1st party...

Chepe

Smash Lord
Disagree. If it's coming out sometime this year, which means in nine short months, you think the character roster would be 100% by now. They're probably in the process of balancing attacks, setting up menus, publicity, etc... and then you have to add in the factors of production, shipping, etc...
They still have plenty of time to finalize something like Zero Suit Samus' connection to standard Samus. It just doesnt make sense for Fox to come before Zero Suit Samus in these Smash Files... It almost looks like they arent sure about putting Samus and Zero Suit Samus together in one Smash File, and are biding their time by including Fox first...

No one else sees this?

Croco

Smash Lord
Obviously you guys are unaware of Nintendo's inability to talk about anything 'big'.

A few days ago, Nintendo asked the Japanese government to sell the stocks that it had in Nintendo. It did, and as a result, price for Nintendo stocks went down considerably.

Now, it's all determined by supply/demand...meaning, more people would be demanding if there was less supply or something big about to happen. Go ask your Econ teacher, I'm not typing it all out.

Anyways, manipulation of stock prices is illegal (read: against the law). If they were to announce something 'big' (that's the term given), then they, being Nintendo's high in command, could face serious charges.

So, nothing huge, meaning not too much of anything in any one area....at least, not from Nintendo. Then again, does Sakurai and Smash count as Nintendo? Sure, it's on the Wii...but it's not 1st party...
http://smashbrawl.com/

It just so happens that Nintendo’s secondary offering stock price is going to be set based upon data obtained on March 5th-March 8th in Japan. Considering this, Ol’ Nintendo should be more than free to discuss whatever they want after the price is more than likely set on the 9th…

…And it just so happens that Eiji Aonuma’s 60 minute lecture on the history and future of the Zelda franchise has been moved from the early morning of March 9th to 5:30pm of the same day, a time when most people at the conference will actually be awake and will have popped the tylenols that they’ll need to get over their serious hangovers.

hmm.. so maybe the 9th?

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Actually, this thread is really interesting information. Will it really be a new character on the frontpage on #11? Let's hope so!

Stryks

Smash Hero
No she's not.
Yes she is:

Lacks a role in TP
shes alt. form of OoT zelda, not TP zelda
Will probably never appear in a zelda game again
=
0% chance in brawl...
anyway, I believe today miyamoto will appear at the GDC, and thus will probably reveal some info in future games, im hoping at least a ssbb trailer, or one new character to be added in the roster...

Croco

Smash Lord
I believe today miyamoto will appear at the GDC, and thus will probably reveal some info in future games, im hoping at least a ssbb trailer, or one new character to be added in the roster...
Miyamoto is speaking on Thursday-
http://www.gdconf.com/conference/keynotes.htm

There is some sort of History of Zelda video being shown on Friday..

Now.. if any Brawl news is shown.. it would be at Nintendo's booth on a video display just like Nintendo World.. or it will be shown either Thursday or Friday.. or not at all.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Miyamoto is speaking on Thursday-
http://www.gdconf.com/conference/keynotes.htm

There is some sort of History of Zelda video being shown on Friday..

Now.. if any Brawl news is shown.. it would be at Nintendo's booth on a video display just like Nintendo World.. or it will be shown either Thursday or Friday.. or not at all.
That's tomorrow and the next day! I can wait! I really hope there is news!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Yes she is:

Lacks a role in TP
shes alt. form of OoT zelda, not TP zelda
Will probably never appear in a zelda game again
=
0% chance in brawl...
anyway, I believe today miyamoto will appear at the GDC, and thus will probably reveal some info in future games, im hoping at least a ssbb trailer, or one new character to be added in the roster...
Mario's cape, Peach's turnips, Link's UAir... all from past games. Shut up.

Since they presented her as 'Zero Suit Samus' in every single peice of media that she's ever been presented in, I'm sure she and Samus are two different people-- or else they'd just call her Samus. Therefore, #10 is going to be Zero Suit Samus. #11 is a mystery of itself.

People try to hard. They're being secrative-- not tricky.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Xsyven I get ya, but mario and peach have ALWAYS been the same character, unlike TP, who is NOT OoT zelda, seeing TP zelda transform into her alter ego from 100 years ago wont happen...

And whats up with Link, sure its the same thing with zeld,a but link has had pretyt much the same moves in every zelda game...

Croco

Smash Lord
Xsyven I get ya, but mario and peach have ALWAYS been the same character, unlike TP, who is NOT OoT zelda, seeing TP zelda transform into her alter ego from 100 years ago wont happen...

And whats up with Link, sure its the same thing with zeld,a but link has had pretyt much the same moves in every zelda game...
The only move I believe link has not kept is that color pulsing sword move which he had in The Legend of Zelda and The Legend of Zelda 2.. After that it vanishes. We then only see links charge and spin move.
But I could be wrong.. :)

Eaode

Smash Champion
^^ the sword beams were also in minish cap.

Notice how the Pikachu smash file says "Yadda yadda yadda makes pikachu one of the best fighters in the game" while fox gets no such mention

lol

Top Bottom