• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Power - April -Wii Smash File #9 "Fox"

Croco

Smash Lord
Well.. they finally got to Wii Smash File #9..
For April it's Fox.
Why am I posting about this?
Correct me if I am wrong.. I haven't seen the picture before posted anywhere on the web except briefly at the end of the Nintendo World 2006 trailer.

Nintendo Power seems to be the only source with the full stance picture of Fox.
I wonder if they are hiding anything else?
If they want to continue with this monthly.. "Wii Smash Files" article, GreenMamba pointed out Zamus or Samus would be next.. or a combined article. So it would have to be #11 which would have a new character. That would be in June or July.

NP Vol. 206- Smash file #1- Solid Snake
NP vol. 207-Smash file #2-Mario
NP Vol. 208-Smash File #3-Pit
Np Vol. 209-Smash File #4-Kirby
Np Vol. 210- Smash File #5-Wario
Np Vol. 211-Smash File #6-Pikachu
Np Vol.212- Smash File #7-Meta Knight
Np Vol. 213-Smash File #8-Link
Np Vol. 214- Smash File #9-Fox
Np Vol. 215- Smash File #10-???? Samus/Zamus?

anyway.. here is Wii Smash File #9 if anyone wants to take a look at it-

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Now that I look closer at him, I think he looks even better than I already thought before.

On-topic: Yes, if the Smash File will go on, that means we will have a new character next month. But I haven't heard of this Smash File before, are you sure that the other 8 characters have already been mentioned?

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
The only confirmed characters not yet featured in Smash File are Samus and Zero Suit Samus, and as far as we can tell they're one character. So they have one more month before they run out of characters to showcase.

Hrm...

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Fun!

Posted up on the Brawlg. I can't upload images at the moment though, so I'm sucking your imgshack bandwidth. Hopefully we'll get that fixed soon.

Croco

Smash Lord
Now that I look closer at him, I think he looks even better than I already thought before.

On-topic: Yes, if the Smash File will go on, that means we will have a new character next month. But I haven't heard of this Smash File before, are you sure that the other 8 characters have already been mentioned?
I'm pretty sure.

Snake, Mario, Pikachu, Zamus, Pit, Wario, Metaknight, Kirby, and now Fox.
That is 9..

The only one really missing is Samus.. though I'm not to sure if they included samus/zamus in one article.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure.

Snake, Mario, Pikachu, Zamus, Pit, Wario, Metaknight, Kirby, and now Fox.
That is 9..

The only one really missing is Samus.. though I'm not to sure if they included samus/zamus in one article.
They haven't showed Zamus, but they have shown Link.

The only two not yet shown are Samus/ZSS...

Croco

Smash Lord
They haven't showed Zamus, but they have shown Link.

The only two not yet shown are Samus/ZSS...
Are you sure?
Why would they be on 9 then?
hm..

They would of had to write about ZSS to be on 9.
Unless they skipped her?

Wish I had my previous Nintendo Power mags..

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
I'm not entirely sure on the order, but I know they've done Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, Meta-Knight, Wario, Pit, Snake, and Fox.

I think your list was missing Pit, but they've definitely done him.

Croco

Smash Lord
I'm not entirely sure on the order, but I know they've done Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, Meta-Knight, Wario, Pit, Snake, and Fox.

I think your list was missing Pit, but they've definitely done him.
Yeah they did Pit.. I missed Link.
I guess your right about ZSS..

NP Vol. 206- Smash file #1- Solid Snake

NP vol. 207-Smash file #2-Mario

NP Vol. 208-Smash File #3-Pit

Np Vol. 209-Smash File #4-Kirby

Np Vol. 210- Smash File #5-Wario

Np Vol. 211-Smash File #6-Pikachu

Np Vol.212- Smash File #7-Meta Knight

Np Vol. 213-Smash File #8-Link

Np Vol. 214- Smash File #9-Fox

Why did they skip ZSS?
Hmm maybe till June then?
Unless they split her into 2 articles?

Well either way.. I find it fishy that Nintendo Power is the only one with that picture.
This could mean they have some pics but are holding them back.
I checked almost everywhere.. GameSpot, IGN, GameTrailers, Google, Yahoo.. etc.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Maybe they wanted to wait for Zamus because they don't know yet if she will be a totally new character or the other half of Samus?

And maybe they just wanted Nintendo Power to have some exclusive news? I'm not expecting anything special of it...

Croco

Smash Lord
Maybe they wanted to wait for Zamus because they don't know yet if she will be a totally new character or the other half of Samus?

And maybe they just wanted Nintendo Power to have some exclusive news? I'm not expecting anything special of it...
Well.. you never know.

Miyamoto is speaking at the Game Developers Conference March 5th to the 9th.. so you never know what we might expect to be revealed. If nothing happens I won't be disappointed.. butI'm just saying there is a slight chance.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Come on, there will be at least 1 reporter that wants to know something about Brawl out there at the GDC. He just HAS to tell us something... Otherwise, I doubt that I can take the excitement.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Wow amazing pic, stupid biography. Im pretttty sure all us gaming nerds know where fox comes from, kthx nintendopower. (I got starfox as a ''graduation'' present in grade two :p )

I was hoping they'd talk a bit about his moves.. at the very least. In an ideal world they'd tell us his traction and weight, and fall speed, etc so we can guage how good his wavedash is gonna be and the like (if Wding is in brawl)

Thanks for posting this though, awesome thread.

Also, why the heck does fox have a DBZ scouter now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBtpyeLxVkI

Devastlian

Smash Lord
They probably added the eye thing to justify his wearing a big hunk of something on the back of his head that's much to big for a communication headset. Or something. I've always wonered what that was...though I guess it could be to absorb whiplash or something.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Now that you think about it, he doesn't look that bad.
I didn't like how he looked before either but after seeing the picture in the Nintendo Power magazine I think it might have just been the trailer that made him look worse. Any way I agree he looks better now.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I would have prefered the Assualt look as well. Something tells me we might not figure out why the DS look was chosen.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Hmmm.....maybe Sakurai and his developement team were smokin weed when they did Fox's character design. More likely than not.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, they haven't gotten to Samus, have they? Wait, they did Zero Suit Samus, right?

I'm thinking they're going to reveal another character soon, so that there's one other smash file before the game's release.

Or, perhaps they're going to go to stages, next.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Believe we may get a new trailer next week, since next week the GDC starts (next week rite?), so we may get some new info soon...

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
This nintendo power magazine may never reveal more that what we already know.
Their info is so useless, "The biography of Fox Mcloud", come on people.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I guess this is how its gonna turn out:

in the next trailer u c fox, samus (not zamus, plain samus) DK and maybe ness or yoshi, either wey they all get upgrades on there looks, nad then they show off some moves, supers and some new characters, including one 3rd party character...

then the guys makin SSBB wil lgive out pose images just like they gave mario, link and the others, and then on the site every week they will reveal 2 of the newcomers with their biography, discriptions and screenshots, just like they did with the 1st trailer...

also the reason why i added samus is cause we know shes confirmed and all, but we didnt c regular samus in action in the 1st/2nd trailer, just the blast of energy in the 1st trailer but doubt it counts...

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
Ok.. so Nintendo Power and this Japanese magazine has it. (Whats the name of Mag?That is if you know..)

Nintendo might be handing the image over to only certain publishers.
I wonder why?
I did some digging, and there was a whole bunch of French text:
www.jeux-france.com said:
Nintendo diffuse quelques nouvelles images très discrètes de Super Smash Bros. Brawl sur Wii dans le magazine japonais Famitsu. Présenté il y a quelques semaines à l'occasion du Nintendo World 2006 au Japon, ce nouvel opus de la série proposera des combats en multi avec les principaux personnages issus de l'univers Nintendo, dont Fox Mc Cloud, Metaknight, Zero Suit Samus, et Wario, mais également des héros issus des séries appartenant à des éditeurs tiers tel que Solid Snake de Metal Gear Solid. La sortie du jeu est attendue pour l'année 2007.

Update 1 : Voici quelques images de meilleure qualité tirées du magazine japonais Nintendo Dream.

Update 2 : Nintendo dévoile des images officielles et la vidéo de Super Smash Bros. Brawl du Nintendo World 2006 à Tokyo accessible ici.

(Source : Famitsu / Nintendo Dream)
Luckily, it says in English that they got it from Famitsu, or Nintendo Dream. I think that's Japan's official Nintendo magazine.

Croco

Smash Lord
I did some digging, and there was a whole bunch of French text:

Luckily, it says in English that they got it from Famitsu, or Nintendo Dream. I think that's Japan's official Nintendo magazine.
Ok that means that the official Nintendo mags in Japan and the USA might be holding some screens back from the public.
Unless of course they don't have anything and are waiting for more soon after they get to #10.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
Somebody should send a fan letter to them asking about it. They'll probably forget about it, but it's worth a shot.

Maybe Miyamoto will release something during the GDC, and NP will be able to continue the Smash Files. Hey, one can hope, right?

Falco_Phoenix

Smash Cadet
They'll probably reveal the full list of non-unlockable characters at E307. The smash files will continue after that. I really wanna see yoshi's new look, I hope he has his "yoshi's story" posture.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
They'll probably reveal the full list of non-unlockable characters at E307. The smash files will continue after that. I really wanna see yoshi's new look, I hope he has his "yoshi's story" posture.
Well, of course E3's going to introduce a TO of stuff! And that's what makes me wonder if they'll doing anything else beforehand.

Croco

Smash Lord
Same. :)
I wonder how much more detailed he will be.

Top Bottom