• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo polls the public about demand for a Brawl sequel

Sin14

Smash Cadet
It would be awesome to have a sequel. For example, it was so cool when final fantasy X-2 was made because it basically continued where it left off in the prevous game. I would be happy to see a continuation but with, ofcourse, new characters, stages, etc.

D

Deleted member

It´s time for some useless and irrelevant information:
Birdo was originally male.
I know that; I also know that Birdo was eventually changed to female because, well, let's face it, does anybody really want a queer in a Nintendo game?

Truce

Smash Cadet
Yes to Smash 4.

No to putting it out too soon without enough development being done on the game.

I really hope Nintendo isn't going to jump the gun on this one, another Smash game too soon and without enough work being done would hurt the appeal of the franchise and the gameplay. They need to know that the reason Brawl is so great is because of how much work was done on it, or this proposed sequel's gonna sink.

Rhambo

Smash Apprentice
Most people HERE.

Check the others boards on the forum (particularly the character pages) and you'll find that people don't seem to mind it as much and are actually putting effort into evolving the metagame.
yes that's true

I hope another game comes out... I don't care if it's based on Brawl or Melee... even a sequel to the N64 version would be awesome :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:
I would want a better map editor though, and more unique characters.

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
Why do I get the feeling that they're going to release a Pokemon Yellow/Crystal/Emerald type expansion of this game, and call it like a "Director's Cut?" They'll probably add the 7 characters that they were supposed to, maybe some extra clonish type characters, add some of the old classic stages (I miss Dreamland 64), and polish up the features of the game that serverly lacking some luster. Hopefully they could release it at a reduced pricetag like Dynasty Warrior Xtreme games do. I wouldn't mind buying it at $30.

I'd buy a sequel if the game engine isn't as crappy as we have it now. Eliminate tripping, put inertia back in the game, and for god sakes, give all the characters the ability to be mobile to an extent.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Hmm... Brawl 2?

I figure they're just thinking of making it so there's a Subspace Emissary sequel. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. In my mind, only a few things bothered me about Adventure Mode:

1. Lack of enemies from the actual games...
...random, creepy-looking enemies from out of no-where doesn't work, IMO. Mario was the only one that got enemies from his game series. What was up with that? Not to mention he doesn't even fight them.

2. It's overall shortness..
..I'm sure they just didn't want to delay it much longer, so it's pretty good, actually, so I didn't actually mind the shortness as much as what they did to make up for it. Final stage- ok, let's take everything you JUST did and make you do it all over again, plus harder and more confusing. sound good? O_o Great Maze = epic failure, imo.

3. Lack of Boss Battles..
...even though more bosses would've made Boss Battles mode much harder.. I'm disappointed that out of the 10 bosses there are, only 5, yes, half of them, are from actual games. Think of all the bosses that could have been, but weren't because they decided to make up characters like Duon ..and the other dude you fight twice that almost kills Lucas and Pokemon Trainer. Come on! Where's the koopa kids, Medusa, Twinrova or Majora. Tabuu was actually a character I was ok with, but I just would have liked it better had be been more involved in the story.. which brings me to my next point.

4. Storyline makes little to no sense..
...ok wtf no one talks? Half the time I don't even know what's going on. And everything's completely random. Love that. Yep, I don't need much of an explanation for this.

Yeah I think I should stop now, I'll bet like no one reads this anyway. I think think they could've done so much better on SSE or just done without it.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Hmm... Brawl 2?

I figure they're just thinking of making it so there's a Subspace Emissary sequel. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. In my mind, only a few things bothered me about Adventure Mode:

1. Lack of enemies from the actual games...
...random, creepy-looking enemies from out of no-where doesn't work, IMO. Mario was the only one that got enemies from his game series. What was up with that? Not to mention he doesn't even fight them.

2. It's overall shortness..
..I'm sure they just didn't want to delay it much longer, so it's pretty good, actually, so I didn't actually mind the shortness as much as what they did to make up for it. Final stage- ok, let's take everything you JUST did and make you do it all over again, plus harder and more confusing. sound good? O_o Great Maze = epic failure, imo.

3. Lack of Boss Battles..
...even though more bosses would've made Boss Battles mode much harder.. I'm disappointed that out of the 10 bosses there are, only 5, yes, half of them, are from actual games. Think of all the bosses that could have been, but weren't because they decided to make up characters like Duon ..and the other dude you fight twice that almost kills Lucas and Pokemon Trainer. Come on! Where's the koopa kids, Medusa, Twinrova or Majora. Tabuu was actually a character I was ok with, but I just would have liked it better had be been more involved in the story.. which brings me to my next point.

4. Storyline makes little to no sense..
...ok wtf no one talks? Half the time I don't even know what's going on. And everything's completely random. Love that. Yep, I don't need much of an explanation for this.

Yeah I think I should stop now, I'll bet like no one reads this anyway. I think think they could've done so much better on SSE or just done without it.
I completely agree with this post. Let Nintendo hear our rawrs!

Throw Sora somewhere in there, too. He'd fit more appropriately in Brawl than any other character, IMO.

bovineblitzkrieg

Smash Journeyman
Cause clearly everyone else in the world thinks like you.

This is what ticks me off about people who anyone other than Sakurai can make a better brawl game. They don't take in the fact that there's a good chance the new director could be more noob friendly or could just somehow **** up the series entirely.
It's honestly not possible for someone to make the game more noob friendly.

Which is why my wii is going up on ebay, I only bought it for Brawl.

And Brawl is a children's party game.

**** you Sakurai.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
YES

This would give a chance back to Samurai Goroh, (cmon, he's the next F-Zero rep, and falcon's been alone too long)

and K. rool

and Isaac

etc. etc.

Plus more stages, and ewhat have you.

Therefore, I support another Smash.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Only thing I'm in for this is Lip being in the game. But I know that won't happen. T_T

bovineblitzkrieg

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't nintendo always do this? Seems like marketing for 1up.com...

And NO WAY would I give Nintendo my money again. The trust is broken.

The Director

Smash Lord
There will be a Smash 4. No doubt about it. Smash is a cash cow, and according to Brawl's sales here in the US Nintendo's biggest cash cow.

But in lue of this poll, maybe they're thinking about churning out another in this console generation? That would be great, although I still think Smash 4 will be a launch title for their next system...unless they're going along of the lines of a 'Wii 2.0' or 'Wii Upgrade' or some **** instead of a new console for the next generation.

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
Read it and loved it. Especially your first point. The could have easily taken Kirby, Zelda, Metroid and any other Nintendo baddies to fit the mold of the generic SSE enemies. For example doesn't the Hammer Bros have enough have enough derevations that they could have completely replaced the Primids (Boomerang, Fire, Sumo, etc...)? They could have also given the levels more of a Nintendo theme, instead of the romp through Generic Land.

Of couse I'm sure SSE sucked as much as it did because of time restrictions, so I'm not going to be too angry at Sakurai for it. I would just love to know what he was originally planning on doing with the game, given the time. Of course that's information that we're never going to get. :ohwell:

Mat18

Smash Rookie
Brawl sequel? Ofcourse.. Now that Brawl's out it's safe to say it needs tweaks? Tripping, gravity (Arguable) Online. Heck if it happens and i dont like it i would just switch to Brawl. My friends and i play Melee still alongside brawl, turning melee on is like playing lightning mode :p

Nintendo also knows they made a little booboo by not adding, or bringing back certain chars (Mewtwo).
GENO FOR BRAWL! hmm should change that.. GENO FOR BRAWL 2.0!

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Why would nintendo even ask if anyone wants a Brawl Sequel, even they know 90% of people in the world that knows about smash bros would say YES. It's like asking do you want 100$? (Something like that)

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I would prefer DLC, but I would happily shell out more money for brawl 2, assuming it has more characters, and they fix up the gameplay/online flaws.
I'd prefer what you want, or an Expansion Disk.

Hello, people, you sure heard of Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix Plus, right?

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Hello, people, you sure heard of Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix Plus, right?
In regards to that statement:

• It's Square Enix.
  • Japan only release.

They've milked the Final Fantasy 7 franchise enough, so it's to be expected.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
In regards to that statement:
  • It's Square Enix.
  • Japan only release.
I'm just making a relation. Since it had more and more secrets and stuff than the original game.

Dairantou Smash Bros. X can be made the same. Difference is, Brawl has a much major demand than Kingdom Hearts, that if there is the case of releasing the game outside the world.

Well... now that you mentoined Square Enix... makes me think something...

antimatter

Smash Lord
Attention To All Geno Fanboys: Give Up Hope Now. Quit Saying He Could Be DLC Or In The Highly Unlikely To Happen Brawl Sequel. That Is All.
and don't yell at me either. i was a member of the Geno Alliance, but even I can see now that Nintendo will never put him in a smash game. he's been requested since melee, if they were going to put him in they would have done it by now.

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
Oh please. There are tons of characters besides Geno that should have been in the game snce mellee. And don't blame Nintendo for Sakurai's judgement. If he could get 250+ songs in the game, he's more than capable of getting your character in. Also, if Pacman can make it in a Nintendo game, anything is possible.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
Attention To All Geno Fanboys: Give Up Hope Now. Quit Saying He Could Be DLC Or In The Highly Unlikely To Happen Brawl Sequel. That Is All.
and don't yell at me either. i was a member of the Geno Alliance, but even I can see now that Nintendo will never put him in a smash game. he's been requested since melee, if they were going to put him in they would have done it by now.
QFT. I realized this sad truth when i saw the final brawl roster that fateful January evening, hah, people need to learn to deal with it and move on.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Word.

...Hey, don't look at me like that, I'm no Geno supporter just because I mentioned that Square Enix. makes me think -.-

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
i would definately buy a brawl 2.0 =) all the melee n00bs are all lyke 0MGSS NO I WANT MELEE 2.0!! probly dont have a n64. new smashers are seriously ruining the fanchise. and smash bros DS??? yeah right! the graphics would be aweful, the conrtols would probbly be bad, no i just dont see it working. i wouldnt buy a smash bros ds game

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Smash DS? No, the DS has no analog stick. I don't see how you would play well at all. That would be like playing with the Wii remote alone, which is completely and utterly fail.

As for a console game, it all depends on what they do with it. Brawl with a new single player, no, I wouldn't buy it. That plus more characters and DLC capabilities? Probably. I'd definitely buy it if they fixed the hitstun though, along with new content obviously. That's really the only thing that bothers me about the game.

Edit:
I just had to point out that I loved your wording, and that's not sarcasm.

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
i would definately buy a brawl 2.0 =) all the melee n00bs are all lyke 0MGSS NO I WANT MELEE 2.0!! probly dont have a n64. new smashers are seriously ruining the fanchise. and smash bros DS??? yeah right! the graphics would be aweful, the conrtols would probbly be bad, no i just dont see it working. i wouldnt buy a smash bros ds game
:psycho:

Could someone translate that into english?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actually, at GDC, Sakurai mentioned that some characters couldn't make it in due to copyright issues. Since no third party characters aside from Sonic and Snake got in and no one contacted each other, this can apply to one character that already has Nintendo connections - Geno.

So, it's safe to assume that Geno was indeed intended for the game and assuming that the Mushroom Forest song was referring to the SMRPG one, it might be Square Enix's fault, not Nintendo's or Sakurai's.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
On Nintendo 8th gen console, there could be much better potential for online play. A Brawl sequel? I don't know what that means. Brawl 2 & not Smash 4? Not sure I want it. Sure I'd buy it in an instant, but I'd rather have a well made Smash Bros 4 that found the perfect balance between Brawl & Melee, with 360+ graphics that should be mandatory in 8th gen, and downloadable content. That's really the only big way it can expand now, dlc, and ironing out the game to make it perfect for the whole community.

antimatter

Smash Lord
Actually, at GDC, Sakurai mentioned that some characters couldn't make it in due to copyright issues. Since no third party characters aside from Sonic and Snake got in and no one contacted each other, this can apply to one character that already has Nintendo connections - Geno.

So, it's safe to assume that Geno was indeed intended for the game and assuming that the Mushroom Forest song was referring to the SMRPG one, it might be Square Enix's fault, not Nintendo's or Sakurai's.
give me a moment, i'm going to sob now. :(:(:(

Top Bottom