• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo News - E3 2015 Digital Direct Recap Edition

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
[raises flameshield]

I didn't think it was that bad. I mean yes, I did go in with high expectations like pretty much everyone else, and yes, the lack of things like Golden Sun, or especially F-Zero since this year is its 25th anniversary (technically though the true anniversary takes place in August so...maybe then...?) were quite crushing.

But there was some good things too! Fire Emblem Fates, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox Zero, Woolly World, Paper Jam and (even though this one wasn't in the presentation but was uploaded to YouTube later) Fatal Frame V! Those alone have me hype!

Honestly, I just really hate the way people are whining so much, they're acting like Nintendo killed their parents or something. Chill.

[steps off soapbox]

I'm gonna regret this aren't i

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
The good: Fire Emblem, Mario Maker, Mario and Luigi Paper Jam.

The bad: The rest.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Don't expect me to be THAT brutal with my courses. My invisible block usage is more on the helpful side, so you won't see any killer invisible blocks from me.
Somebody is going to make "Invisible Block: The Game" just to see how far they can go with this. Even if not invisible blocks, there's a whole plethora of other things there to **** with you. Like Flaming Cheep-Cheeps. Seriously, who thought of that?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I will admit that I loved the puppets! Being a fan of the genre since a kid, it made me nostalgic to see that. Also reminded me of that "Community" episode lol. Miyamoto's was dead on. Though I was REALLY hoping for a Sakurai muppet. Someday maybe....

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Somebody is going to make "Invisible Block: The Game" just to see how far they can go with this. Even if not invisible blocks, there's a whole plethora of other things there to **** with you. Like Flaming Cheep-Cheeps. Seriously, who thought of that?
Well, having to deal with Bowser Jr. while he's using the Koopa Clown Car would be something nostalgic, since we've seen those kinds of fights multiple times by now. In fact, it would be amusing to have to fight Bowser Jr. as each world's boss, but he receives different features at each world. For examples...

World 1: Normal
World 2: Winged
World 3: Giant
World 4: Koopa Clown Car
World 5: Winged + Giant
World 6: Giant + Koopa Clown Car
World 7: Rides on Bowser's back
World 8: Rides on Giant Bowser's back

Omegaphoenix

Smash Apprentice
Luckily, I believe there is a feature making you have to beat your own level. It won't stop the truly evil, but at least any TAS level shellhop bull**** won't be coming out

Farorae

Smash Ace
I thought Nintendo's E3 was pretty bad, but in general I thought this E3 was pretty terrible all around so I can't say I'm too surprised.
Xenoblade X I plan on getting but they showed next to nothing of that, and I'll get the new Fire Emblem. SW Battlefront looks pretty cool, no other games I was really interested in throughout all of e3...
Hope Nintendo has some more plans this year and next year for Wii U, because as of now it's just a Smash/Mario Kart/Hyrule Warriors machine for me =(

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Well, having to deal with Bowser Jr. while he's using the Koopa Clown Car would be something nostalgic, since we've seen those kinds of fights multiple times by now. In fact, it would be amusing to have to fight Bowser Jr. as each world's boss, but he receives different features at each world. For examples...

World 1: Normal
World 2: Winged
World 3: Giant
World 4: Koopa Clown Car
World 5: Winged + Giant
World 6: Giant + Koopa Clown Car
World 7: Rides on Bowser's back
World 8: Rides on Giant Bowser's back
So like New Super Mario Bros., but challenging? Is there a feature that allows you to pack levels together? Also, is there an 8-bit/16-bit Bowser Jr. sprite?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So like New Super Mario Bros., but challenging? Is there a feature that allows you to pack levels together? Also, is there an 8-bit/16-bit Bowser Jr. sprite?
I think there is, considering that we've seen the Super Mario Bros. 3 version of Bowser Jr. during the 2015 World Championships.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Their Direct was good! Nintendo has already delivered this E3 with Nintendo World Championship, prior announcements, plus several Nintendo Directs over the past couple months with game announcements... so let's not forget all of that. Their Direct still included fresh gameplay and new game announcements. I do hate that we didn't get a WiiU Metroid though.

OnettGirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Antagonistgreen
3DS FC
4742-5570-4170
The direct was pretty bad and left a lot to be desired, yes but there were a few things that stuck out in my mind through this whole E3 experience thus far. Anything I don't mention didn't leave a large enough impression on me to say anything about. Not super hype and cool, but not really bad either.

The good:
- Starfox looks a lot better than I was expecting and might be interested in picking it up now that i've seen gameplay of it.
- While I might not pick it up Paper Jam looks cool. I just never really liked the Mario and Luigi franchise so it's not really my cup of tea.
- Happy Home Decorator is a lot bigger than I thought it would be and i'm actually interested in it now. I kinda want this game.
- Fire Emblem Fates and SMT x Fire Emblem are still looking good sadly they were still just trailers
-Xenoblade X launch date was also nice.
- The NWCs were fantastic.
- Lucas/Ryu/Roy are still lots of fun...all the stuff in that direct was good.

The bad:
- Metroid Federation Force...why? While I might not be a Metroid fan this just feels kinda like a slap in the face. It's like they wanted to make a co-op shooter and just slapped Metroid on it...Metroid fans have been waiting 5 years, give them their game.
- Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival..again, why? Does the Wii U REALLY need more party games? We just got Mario Party 10.
- It was nice to get a launch but we've talked about Wooly World to death now and that was a pretty long segment. It almost felt like filler to me.

The amazing:
- Mother 1 finally getting localized [and Lucas as DLC let's not forget that important point too]. Like this proves to us Mother fans that they actually do care about us. That maybe finally they are seeing us pop up all over the place. Yeah i'm a little sad Mother 3 didn't get announced, but you know what, I still believe in miracles, I swear i've seen a few.

Last edited:

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
So,let's see the positives of this thing:
-Star Fox Zero
-Mario & Luigi Paper Jam
-The puppet idea was original
...that's it.Everything else I'm not a fan of or wasn't interested,or in MM's case,we saw everything we needed to know at the NWC.
It was nice seeing concept sketches for Mario 1,though.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Lol Federation Forces or whatever it's called was the largest dissapointment for me in regards to E3. And that's still after the entire Bungie mess with the $40 DLC for Destiny/rewarding new players while spitting on day oners. If Nintendo wants to make Metroid fans happy yet still make this game, they should of came out with a Wii U game as well that is an actual Metroid game and not a cheap spinoff. This game doesn't deserve the Prime legacy at all.

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Lol Federation Forces or whatever it's called was the largest dissapointment for me in regards to E3. And that's still after the entire Bungie mess with the $40 DLC for Destiny/rewarding new players while spitting on day oners. If Nintendo wants to make Metroid fans happy yet still make this game, they should of came out with a Wii U game as well that is an actual Metroid game and not a cheap spinoff. This game doesn't deserve the Prime legacy at all.
At this rate, they're at a standstill to what to make for Metroid. It's like they don't want to make another Other M, but they literally made a Metroid Prime Hunters without all the pros for it. At this rate, it might be F-Zero'd.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
What if they agree to make a Metroid Wii U game and add Ridley into Smash Bros Wii U/3DS only if Federations force sells over 10,000,000 units?:psycho:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I would wait on calling Paper Jam an RPG until we know a bit more about it. It could end up being a sorry excuse for a game like Sticker Star was... I'm really REALLY hoping that's not the case.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
At this rate, they're at a standstill to what to make for Metroid. It's like they don't want to make another Other M, but they literally made a Metroid Prime Hunters without all the pros for it. At this rate, it might be F-Zero'd.
Metroid with RPG elements. Open-worlded Metroid or an online version of Metroid. Or allow for outer space dog fights. Metroid has TONS of unused potential that gets constantly pushed aside by Nintendo.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
This is why Nintendo needs better third party support, to help carry them when they're in a dry spell.

D

Deleted member

It's almost like it's not easy to continually pump out new content for the thankless, whining masses!

We're getting Wooly World, Xenoblade, and Star Fox this year as well as fun little Mario and Zelda 3DS games and a new Fire Emblem is in the works. Oh, and we also just got 3 new DLC characters in Smash. So really, what do you people have to complain about.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
This is why Nintendo needs better third party support, to help carry them when they're in a dry spell.
Isn't this how Other M got made?

I don't hate the game personally but a lot of people did.

It's almost like it's not easy to continually pump out new content for the thankless, whining masses!

We're getting Wooly World, Xenoblade, and Star Fox this year as well as fun little Mario and Zelda 3DS games and a new Fire Emblem is in the works. Oh, and we also just got 3 new DLC characters in Smash. So really, what do you people have to complain about.
Some of those got leaked which ruined the hype a little bit.

Even then I kind of agree I got a stronger hype from the other ones because they were new content and large reveals.

RedMacaw95

Smash Rookie
Man, I was hyped for the Direct, having a cool-looking Metroid Game, a Star Fox(Which was the only one that got right) , more information about the open-world Zelda Game, more DLC for their games etc. Even I expected that they will announce that the game Pokken tournament on the Wii U. But now I did feel a bad taste of Nintendo this year. Star Fox was the only game that would like to have, and maybe Mario Tennis. But Yes, I believe that the new "Metroid" game was the one with the most letdown in the direct. Everyone expected a lot from Metroid. I can't believe that. And also they were alot of games for the 3DS, poor Wii U.

True, and one clear example is that Nintendo should've kept Rareware.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
The overreactions in here are priceless:

"Metroid is dead! This spinoff will surely kill the series for good!"

"It's the 30th anniversary of Mario, but why the hell are they spending so much time on Mario things?"

"WHERE ARE MY NICHE GAMES? No; not Yokai Watch or Chibi Robo Ziplash, I mean a new Golden Sun, F-Zero or Mother 3 local release!"

"I can't believe we didn't get a new Smash character. No; not Lucas, Roy or Ryu, I mean someone new. It's been two days, what the hell Nintendo?"

Never change guys.

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, that was the worst Nintendo Direct ever. Look at what they did with Metroid... unforgivable Nintendo.......

EnigmaticKnight

Smash Apprentice
While the Nintendo Direct was underwhelming, StarFox Zero and Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam was enjoyable to watch. Plus, I find the part where Reggie, Iwata and Miyamoto turned into Star Fox characters pretty hilarious! :laugh:

Last edited:

Kai_64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kai9001
They have some cool games coming out but I was still disappointed. Most of the games they talked about we already knew were coming. Still hyped about Mario tennis, the 3ds Zelda, and paper jam though. (Out of the new new games)

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Metroid with RPG elements. Open-worlded Metroid or an online version of Metroid. Or allow for outer space dog fights. Metroid has TONS of unused potential that gets constantly pushed aside by Nintendo.
Well, reading further online about the reason for the game is that Kanabe wanted to build a small foundation to the next Metroid game. So I guess they have an idea anyways, but just need more time with development and they weren't ready to show it like Zelda U.

HeadSchott

Smash Cadet
NNID
headschott
3DS FC
5370-0395-8945
Switch FC
4035-4288-6515
I'm saying this as an avid Nintendo fan: Seriously...? That was it? After the hype we got from all the Smash Bros DLC news on Sunday? After last year's showing, after how HUGE their announcements were despite not having an actual show room press conference, and after all they did to lift the Wii U back up, they go and drop the ball. And by ball, I'm slightly referring to the CRAP that I saw that was the "Metroid" game. Aside from all the games they've ALREADY ANNOUNCED (Star Fox, Yoshi, Mario Maker, Fire Emblem were already announced and shown to some extent, nice to see some Star Fox footage though), they gave us crap. None of the other titles shown are system sellers, not by a long shot. Those games will get somewhat high-ish to average reviews, and nobody will remember them. If they would've came out with a new, REAL Metroid (2D or 3D Prime, with F**KING SAMUS, NOT SHOOT-EM UP SOCCER BULLS**T FEDERATION TROOPS WTF) so we have some idea of what the hell Retro is up to, shown a little more Zelda U even a glimpse, F-ZERO, a new 3D Mario, a GOOD Pokemon game on Wii U, some news of actual restocking of existing amiibo that people actually still want (does anybody really want those DK and Bowser Skylander/amiibo monstrosities??), some news on the Devil's Third that's supposed to be coming out soon... The best news of the week can't just be Star Fox and some Smash Bros DLC.

Needless to say, I was bored to the point of being dumbfounded when it ended with more about Mario Maker... That was it? Really? Something has to be missing... Right?

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
I feel like this is b8 but what is this from
Oh no, bro i was just playin'. Found this somewhere on the internet. Just looked up Tetra for Smash and took it off Google images if you're interested. I just want Tetra. It looks sorta legit tho right?

Last edited:

Chuatan

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aaron3209
I was really hoping for a new Strikers game or new Mario Baseball since it's been quite a while. But Mario Tennis, that didn't need to happen. Especially since it wasn't too long ago since a Mario Tennis was released.

Well... I wasn't really expecting much anyhow from Nintendo this year. The only ones I really like are Starfox Zero and the Paper Jam thing. Very creative!! :b:

Dr_Falchion

Smash Cadet
Honestly, this E3 wasn't bad, it was just underwhelming.

Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival was the low point of the direct. It's not original, it doesn't look fun, and it's not even subtle about pushing you to buy the Amiibos. I expect better from Nintendo - this is what I would expect if EA from a couple years ago had picked up Animal Crossing.

Star Fox Zero was the high point of the direct. It looks amazing - it has a lot of Star Fox 64 influence, but the level design and original elements looked amazing. Having never played another Star Fox game, I think this could easily make me a big fan.

The rest of the games were tentatively exciting, but nothing huge. Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam is an amazing concept, from two series that I love, but I'm still tentative. Dream Team wasn't as good as Bowser's Inside Story, but it was still a really good game, so that's not my worry. My worry about the game is that it will be too much like Sticker Star - I always hope for originality from the Mario RPGs, in the vein of Paper Mario: TTYD, and I just hope that they draw more from the other Paper Mario games.

The new Metroid and Zelda games look fun, but the former is a spinoff - which is not what the series makes to make a comeback. The latter would have been a great surprise if they had also shown Zelda Wii U, but by itself... meh. I'll definitely enjoy it, but it's not big or particularly "wow."

Xenoblade Chronicles X, Fire Emblem Fates, Yoshi's Woolly World, and Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei are still extremely hyped for me, but their roles at E3 were more as reminders - they didn't show any big news regarding them.

Mario Tennis... okay, but I would've preferred Soccer or Baseball. Whatever, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Super Mario Maker... still looks great but the Nintendo World Championships showed it better. I enjoyed hearing the developers talk about the original design of Super Mario Bros, but I really wish it had led into a punch, like a Sunshine Remake or something.

Some sort of new Pokemon announcement would've been a great addition too.

Last edited:

Spaghetti Sammy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FreshBagels
3DS FC
0104-0256-0397
PAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAMPAPERJAM

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Are you people really, REALLY whining that we got Mother 1 instead of 3? REALLY?????
Having any one of the two is great, and it is actually even better that they are starting with the actual beginning of the series now instead of, you know, pull out a "Earthbound" and give us a newer tittle of the series before giving all the older titles.
I like that we have Mother 1 & 2 now instead of 2 & 3.
Also the Mario Tennis series is great and we already got a great 3D Mario game on Wii U, so there is nothing to complain.... plus, I would MUCH better prefer Super Mario 64 2 over Galaxy 3 anyway....
Federation Force actually seems to be a GOOD GAME despite all the salty people saying it is bad just because they are salt.
IT IS NOT BAD, but since we do not have any real Metroid for Wii U and since it is pretty much confirmed now that we won't ever have.... yes, you can send that and the Animal Crossing: We Think Our Fans Are Fools Edition to hell.

Top Bottom