• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo News - E3 2015 Digital Direct Recap Edition

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I'm not going to say Nintendo didn't do well this year. They should've saved all of their surprises to today instead of splitting (or covering leaked information) the good ones on Sunday or earlier. However, Square felt very troll'ish & boring for the most part and felt even worse than Nintendo at times. Don't get me wrong, KH3 trailer is pretty good, but everything before and after it wasn't all that great or barely show much. But nevertheless, I rate EA the worst of them all.

Microsoft was shooters and sports, with some indie games, backwards compatibility (that should've been in since lanuch), and then more shooters and sports. I guess Sony did pretty good I guess. With Shenmue fans coming out of their shells and FF7 remake making old fans happy, it's not surprising they bring their A game. Not too crazy about those games, but definitely positive reception for them.

E3 was not as planned well for Nintendo and hard to really hype it further with what they did. But there's always post-E3 announcements during the Summer and next year.

Stop implying Square is only good for Kingdom Hearts. It was the most anticipated, but we got that and a lot of other great stuff. I'm excited for Just Cause and Hitman especially. Deus Ex also looks cool although I haven't played any of those games before.

Microsoft wasn't sports and shooters. I can't even remember a sports game. You probably didn't even watch it. Forza 6, Recore game, backwards compatibility, that new Rare game I forgot what it was called, Ashen, the excellen looking Rise of Tomb Raider and that REALLY COOL Hololens thing.

But Sony made me have 4 heart attacks in one hour.

-Last Guardian
-Street Fighter V
-Shenmue 3
-FF7 remake

Those are BIG DEALS.

Nintendo didn't hold a god damn candle. The ONLY thing that impressed me was seeing Marth and Wii Fit Trainer in Mario Maker and I only had a chuckle.

I also went in really excited for Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem.
I left not wanting the game anymore. Too weeb for me.

Christian Anderson

Smash Cadet
People actually think was "good" or anything similar.

It was bad.
Bad
bad
bad.

Microsoft, Sony, and Square all had EXCELLENT conferences.
Too bad Nintendo flopped HARD. We could have had a really great e3.
It wasn't bad, it was just disappointing. We where expecting a whole lot more.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Honestly, all the games look nice. The Digital Event itself was trash; why we can't have Zelda U?! Metroid also wasn't good... I really hope Nintendo is just teasing a game for Wii U... after all, Nintendo said last year that there would be Metroid games for Wii U and 3DS.
And, isn't FE x SMT looking too... stereotypical? I'm not a SMT neither a FE fan, but this does not fit any side...
Triforce Heroes looks good... that Zelda dress made me laugh. Link-senpai... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I hope Nintendo delivers with Treehouse!

Last edited:

Trunks159

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Trunks159
Its sad because we're simple people. Give us a new:
Mega Man
Metroid
Zelda
Fire Emblem
Mother
F-Zero
Kid Icarus
or something on the Wii U and we'll all be happy.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Sony's show was the best of I were to be object.

In terms of what I would but, Nintendo +smash content had more I would buy.

Puppet stuff still made me laugh.

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
The 20 minute Smash DLC livestream was more interesting than Nintendo's E3 itself. Although I do like that there's a new Star Fox, I was really hoping for news about LoZ for Wii U. In due time, I suppose. In due time.

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Stop implying Square is only good for Kingdom Hearts. It was the most anticipated, but we got that and a lot of other great stuff. I'm excited for Just Cause and Hitman especially. Deus Ex also looks cool although I haven't played any of those games before.

Microsoft wasn't sports and shooters. I can't even remember a sports game. You probably didn't even watch it. Forza 6, Recore game, backwards compatibility, that new Rare game I forgot what it was called, Ashen, the excellen looking Rise of Tomb Raider and that REALLY COOL Hololens thing.

But Sony made me have 4 heart attacks in one hour.

-Last Guardian
-Street Fighter V
-Shenmue 3
-FF7 remake

Those are BIG DEALS.

Nintendo didn't hold a god damn candle. The ONLY thing that impressed me was seeing Marth and Wii Fit Trainer in Mario Maker and I only had a chuckle.

I also went in really excited for Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem.
I left not wanting the game anymore. Too weeb for me.
And nearly every game you mention either had something that's already been known with a few new things, should've been done a long time ago and remakes/sequels that I'm more than likely won't be looking at too much in the future. And I watch all of E3 and as usual, and all I saw was mostly shooters and sports from Microsoft (and racing, but they're pretty much like sports) and Sony doing fairly ok. Nothing really excites me too much outside of Nintendo and even they had it lackluster showing as well.

It's not even an assumption. The only big Square game I really want to see progressing is KH. A lot of has been playing it since the first one and would love to see closure. Most of what they shown at E3 was just filler to games (once again) I'm never going to go deep with (never care for TR nor Hitman and their indies are so-so but nothing booming). Aside from KH, only FF14 interests me now, which they barely talked about or at all at the conference (not like they need to since it's literally releasing as early as this Friday).

Last edited:

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
Remember that Project Giant Robot thing from Miyamoto from last year.... What ever happened to that? lol

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
It started strong with the silly puppets and Star Fox Zero. Then they ran out of interesting things. They should have done Nintendo World Championship after E3. This direct might have been on par if everything from NWC and the SSB4 DLC was kept secret and revealed now.

The Dark Hero 64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperMarioHeroes
3DS FC
0688-5841-0833
This E3 2015 digital direct was great! now i can be sure that the days to come will have a lot of games! Which game announcement was my favorite?
:fox64::foxmelee:StarFox Zero of course!:fox::4fox:
:lylat:

BZero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
brand23
This years E3 for Nintendo was extremely underwhelming... By the end of the stream I was like "....oh.. That's it?" Yeah, they showed off Starfox which was pretty interesting but overall it wasn't that good. :glare:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I want to play Triforce Heroes till I have to stop by court order. This is as close as I'll get to Four swords adventures 2

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Its sad because we're simple people. Give us a new:
Mega Man
Metroid
Zelda
Fire Emblem
Mother
F-Zero
Kid Icarus
or something on the Wii U and we'll all be happy.
I don't want to defend Nintendo since this e3 presentation left me with a foul taste in my mouth, but there is some things to consider.
1. megaman isnt a Nintendo franchise so you cant really fault Nintendo for that
2. Okay yeah, I completely agree. That spin-off not only looks like garbage from a standalone perspective, but when Metroid fans have been longing for a sequel for so long, that game is just a spit to the face.
3. well the creator of the mother series said he finished the story and now we're getting Earthbound beginnings, so i think Nintendo is treating the series alright.
4. we have 2 fire emblem games on the way already.
5. well the closest thing we can get to that is that e shop game, FAST racing neo. it looks like a spiritual successor to f-zero GX
6. yeah another Kid Icarus game would have been nice.

Robbl

Smash Cadet
Less Mario more Metroid. Oh, and not this ****ty thing they announced...

The Dark Hero 64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperMarioHeroes
3DS FC
0688-5841-0833
This years E3 for Nintendo was extremely underwhelming... By the end of the stream I was like "....oh.. That's it?" Yeah, they showed off Starfox which was pretty interesting but overall it wasn't that good. :glare:
yeah that was the same thing that i thought when i saw it the first time :( it was good but i guess that they could do more announcement.
Well guess i'll wait next Nintendo E3 presentation

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
Dis E3 Event was Horrible Like just Horrible Den jus tRubbin Mario up in our faces was just like -.- "Really?"
The Beginning/Opening was pretty good But den after dat everything just went downhill...

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Because we're Triforce Heroes! Seriously, Sonic Heroes was a terrible enough name.
I will forgive Nintendo for this mediocre E3 just for Paper Jam.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Overall, I'm mostly interested in Super Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World, since the only other retail game that I've went after this year was Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition.

zbain

Smash Rookie
People actually think was "good" or anything similar.

It was bad.
Bad
bad
bad.

Microsoft, Sony, and Square all had EXCELLENT conferences.
Too bad Nintendo flopped HARD. We could have had a really great e3.
Microsoft did NOT have a an excellent conference. I found theirs to be the worst of them all

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
This E3 was okay. If the new paper mario game lets you play as bowser it's an instabuy for me.

My only worry... With the new Nintendo NX coming out... what does that mean for the Wii U? Will they eventually be removing the Wifi support for Smash Wii U just like they did for brawl? I certainly hope not.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Paper Jam does look fantastic. Hopefully it deletes all memory of sticker star from my brain
Shhh... We don't speak of that "game."
Overall, I'm mostly interested in Super Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World, since the only other retail game that I've went after this year was Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition.
Agreed. Super Mario Maker especially. SMM looks like a masterpiece, and if Nintendo decides to extend the games lifespan via DLC, I can see it being extremely successful. Be it those evil, evil people who created Kaizo Mario ir just lovers of platformers, I think this game is going to reach a very wide demographic.

Elite Smasher

Elite Smash Expert & Smashologist
NNID
Justin3
3DS FC
4253-3537-8467
This E3 was okay. If the new paper mario game lets you play as bowser it's an instabuy for me.

My only worry... With the new Nintendo NX coming out... what does that mean for the Wii U? Will they eventually be removing the Wifi support for Smash Wii U just like they did for brawl? I certainly hope not.
No worries! Nintendo NX is a platform designed for their new mobile games for those who wish to play them and do not own a smart phone.

Broodlaw

Smash Cadet
NNID
Broodlaw
Switch FC
SW-0613-0942-5903
Not a great E3 in any regard for Nintendo, sure the Star Fox reveal is great and a release date for Yoshi's Wooly World and Xenoblade is nice to see; the rest of the conference though was a bit disappointing. A lot of coverage for games that we knew were already coming out and to the new games; especially Metroid Prime Federation Force, left a lot to be desired. Hopefully they can make some announcements soon after this cause if that is all that is on their plate besides Zelda Wii U then that is really bad.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Agreed. Super Mario Maker especially. SMM looks like a masterpiece, and if Nintendo decides to extend the games lifespan via DLC, I can see it being extremely successful. Be it those evil, evil people who created Kaizo Mario ir just lovers of platformers, I think this game is going to reach a very wide demographic.
Don't expect me to be THAT brutal with my courses. My invisible block usage is more on the helpful side, so you won't see any killer invisible blocks from me.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Fallout 4 and Mass Effect Andromeda just about trumped anything Nintendo brought to the table in my opinion,

Elite Smasher

Elite Smash Expert & Smashologist
NNID
Justin3
3DS FC
4253-3537-8467
You know what was really disappointing about this E3? The fact that you all feel disappointed. Nintendo's biggest games just released since last E3, or still have a lot of development left to go. What were you really expecting? This E3 presentation was a beautiful way to view Nintendo's transformations and they really excelled at that. Many franchises are getting creative new iterations and we saw a new 3rd party lineup. If you were disappointed with plans for a new game because it did not match your prototype for what is next in line, then it is your fault and no surprise why this was a let down. Seriously! This was about transformations and with that knowledge you should have been open to new ideas rather than expect the same old stuff to return. E3 does not have to be one big hype train! Nintendo this year decided to plot the future for us while showing us how far we come in a subtle and beautiful way. It really disappoints me that so many people failed to appreciated the majestic nature of this presentation and all the beautiful, subtle nuances it had throughout.

Top Bottom