• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo News - Coming Out Of Nowhere Edition

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Welcome to Shaq Nintendo News! Every weekend, Smashboards will compile the noteworthy Nintendo related news bits from the week and put them together into one handy article! This week’s Nintendo News is for the week of March 30th to April 5th, 2015 and covers the Nintendo Direct, Club Nintendo, and more. Read on below!

Nintendo Direct: April 1st, 2015

The biggest news of the week was obviously the massive Nintendo Direct that aired on the 1st of April. There were so many new things in this Direct, such as Mario Maker revealed to be releasing in September, new gameplay for the new Fire Emblem game for the 3DS, Splatoon and Yoshi's Wooly World amiibos and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem actually being a thing that exists! All the announcements could easily fit in another long run on sentence, but luckily our Smashboards recap article of the Nintendo Direct is much more clear and informative to read.

Smash Bros wise, the Direct showed off Mewtwo for the first time in a snazzy new trailer. The DLC fighter was given a release date of April 28th 2015, but gamers who registered both the Wii U and 3DS versions of the game on Club Nintendo can receive a free download code for Mewtwo on April 15th. Mewtwo wasn't the only new character shown. Brawl veteran and Mother 3 protagonist Lucas was also revealed to be coming in June as a new DLC character. Nintendo also revealed the next wave of Smash Bros amiibos and a new online ballot that lets fans vote on who they want to see next as DLC characters. Check out our Smashboards Nintendo Direct Smash recap article for a more detailed look at all this new information.

The Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth Coming to Wii U and New 3DS

On April 1st, Edmund McMillen, one of the lead devs of The Binding of Isaac announced that the popular indie game would be ported to Nintendo platforms completely uncensored. It wasn't an April Fools joke. McMillen tweeted that the game was for sure coming out for the Wii U and New 3DS sometime in the future. No release date info has been revealed yet, but McMillen did tweet a Vine of the game in action on the New 3DS. Look out for more information on The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth in the near future.

Final Club Nintendo Elite Status Gifts Revealed

Nintendo has revealed the last hurrah for Club Nintendo. Gold and Platinum members can download one free game from Club Nintendo. For anyone having trouble loading the Club Nintendo Page, here's a full list of the downloadable games courtesy of /u/Butter_Is_Life on Reddit.

Platinum Rewards

• Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
  • Mario Golf: World Tour (3DS)
  • Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
  • Mario Party: Island Tour (3DS)
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
  • Yoshi's New Island (3DS)
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)
  • NES Remix 2 (Wii U)
  • Punch-Out!! (Wii U)
  • Pushmo World (Wii U)
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii U)
  • Ultimate NES Remix (3DS)
Gold Rewards

• Crashmo (3DS)
  • Freakyforms: Your Creations, Alive! (3DS)
  • Pushmo (3DS)
  • Super Mario Bros. 3 (3DS)
  • Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (3DS)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (3DS)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (3DS)
  • The Mysterious Murasame Castle (3DS)
  • Advance Wars (Wii U)
  • The Legend of Zelda (Wii U)
  • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (Wii U)
  • Metroid Fusion (Wii U)
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (Wii U)
  • Super Mario Kart (Wii U)
  • WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames! (Wii U)
  • Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 (Wii U)
Players have until June 30th when Club Nintendo shuts down for good to download their free games. Farewell, Club Nintendo. We'll miss you.

That concludes this week’s edition of Nintendo News. If you have any suggestions or improvements for future editions, please let us know in the comments section.

Until next week, Nintendo fans.

TewnLeenk is a writer for Smashboards and can't wait to play as Lucas. Follow and chat with him on Twitter @TewnLeenk.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Lucas could get a new kind of Final Smash hopefully.
I'm hoping for a mix up of all of his PK powers together into it.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Never played Binding of Isaac, and I'm not sure if I want to see what happens when the creator of Super Meat Boy makes a game about a baby.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Oh yeah, I've been wanting Tropical Freeze forever, and now I get it for free? Yeahboi.

And Isaac is pretty damn cool, too!

Preeeeetty good week if I say so myself.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Metroid Fusion if you know a good game when you see it. :^3

Lucas could get a new kind of Final Smash hopefully.
I'm hoping for a mix up of all of his PK powers together into it.
I dunno if I'd get myself too hyped. Since it looks like Lucas will be using his Brawl voice clips again, I'm placing my bets it's a variant of PK Starstorm; a voiceless FS would be awkward, especially if he were using other PSI attacks. But hey, maybe Lucas' can either be like in Brawl with more golden stars, or one like Ness's in Smash 4, except the golden shower drags in opponents instead of pushing them away.

....I'm sorry for liking the pseudo-clone formula; if anything, it makes them more special in my eyes.

luke_ario

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lukeario13
SHAQ NOOOOOOOO COME BAQ!!!

BECOME A FALCON AND HELP DESTROY THE TIER LIST!!!
:falcon64::falconmelee::falcon::4falcon::porttown:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Does anyone know where i can find a high res png art of mew2?

Redd500

Smash Apprentice
Waiwaiwait. The Gamecube WarioWare with all the multiplayer nonsense is on Wii U?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Nintendo better handle Wave 4 better than they did Wave 3. I'll be angry if I don't get my Jigglypuff, and you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Redd500

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo better handle Wave 4 better than they did Wave 3. I'll be angry if I don't get my Jigglypuff, and you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.
I want my Mr. Game & Watch sticker Amiibo. I'll understand if they don't make one, but damn will I be disappointed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I want my Mr. Game & Watch sticker Amiibo. I'll understand if they don't make one, but damn will I be disappointed.
It kinda got soft-confirmed that there'll be one because someone exploited something on the Wii U version to cause a "Thank You for placing down a Game and Watch amiibo" message thing (whatever the message for amiibo confirmation is) to appear. They did the same with Duck Hunt.

IIRC, some Nintendo guy on an AMA confirmed they'll have amiibos later on. Can't get a source right now though, though I'm sure someone can back me up.

The only ones I really doubt will get them are the Miis.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Waiting for Mewtwo and Lucas, yes.
It kinda got soft-confirmed that there'll be one because someone exploited something on the Wii U version to cause a "Thank You for placing down a Game and Watch amiibo" message thing (whatever the message for amiibo confirmation is) to appear. They did the same with Duck Hunt.

IIRC, some Nintendo guy on an AMA confirmed they'll have amiibos later on. Can't get a source right now though, though I'm sure someone can back me up.

I really want a Mr.G& W amiibo too.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
*Mewtwo and Lucas walk in*
Mewtwo/Lucas: Back from the dead *******!
*Angelic choir starts playing while fireworks explode behind them*

Also feet confirmed for Fire Emblem: if

Redd500

Smash Apprentice

Excellent! I'll be sure to nab one when it releases!

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
Fire Emblem games* T_T

WHY DID YOU PULL A POKEMON IN FIRE EMBLEM, NINTENDO?! WHY?!

I'm still hyped for my oli amiibo, but...eh :/

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
So Binding of Isaac is only coming to the new 3ds? not to older 3ds systems? ;_;

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
Camilla is the reason everyone will buy Nohr. Aside the fact that it plays like Blazing Sword and Genealogy of War instead of Awakening and Sacred Stones.
The West is getting both storylines in one game, right? If not, I'm choosing Nohr as well, because of Camilla, the cooler storyline, and the imouto that kinda reminds me of Lissa. I do want to eventually play through the Hoshido story, and the third storyline as well...

I think I'll just wait for the master version.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
The West is getting both storylines in one game, right? If not, I'm choosing Nohr as well, because of Camilla, the cooler storyline, and the imouto that kinda reminds me of Lissa. I do want to eventually play through the Hoshido story, and the third storyline as well...

I think I'll just wait for the master version.
Ha, we ain't getting Fire Emblem Black and White versions. We'll get Grey version. After all, choosing the path of the game is the main idea right?

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
I'll most likely get The Binding Of Isaac, I've heard good things about it but haven't bought it yet.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
It stinks that IF won't be out in America until 2016, but at least it comes out in Japan in June.

And oh my, I'll need to figure out which game to download for free.

NINSDRAGON

Smash Rookie
Some people wait MEWTWO for 13 years!
They have him the 28th
I thought that this day would never come! :mewtwomelee::4mewtwo::awesome::150:
:awesome:I'm so HAPPY!:awesome:

Top Bottom