• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo hosts Brawl tourneys starting this Saturday

Xaron Fisk

Smash Journeyman
This is gonna be Nintendo World all over again...256 entrants, 553 people show up lawl. Sounds like fun. :laugh:

paOol

Smash Apprentice
Its a trick...
THERE GONNA DELAY THIS GAME FOR MORE ADVANCE TECHNICHES to be taken out...
I might go to LA for this...
i lol'ed.
lets go in there and start infinite jumping with bowser. final smashing with jiggly puff on the tp stage, and use snake's infinite up+b recovery.

too bad they aren't/cant make any more changes to the american version. unless they nuke however many thousands of copies they currently are producing and delay the american version some more

littlewolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
littlewolf128
Yes Finally I will be able to go. I hope theres not a limit because if i show up there and they don't let me in... well lets hope not. I will be going to la. My first tournament, is it way different than a casual brawl?

f8lmatt

Smash Apprentice
I'll be at the worcestor one but ****.. the kids that been playing it for a month (*** version) will **** on everyone there

Sasori's_Shadow

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to try to attend the San Francisco tournament. I live only about an hour away, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'm just hoping MLG rules are going to be in place, especially seeing as it's single elimination.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I go to WPI and can try to get info about the Worcester Tourney if anyone wants it....we really need a tourney section of the forums!

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Unfortunetely, if this is nintendo run, I think it will be defaults in terms of stages and items, and perhaps time and not stock as well. I will see what info I can get.

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
It's surprising to see how many of you live so close to Worcester, I live 20 mins away from Worcester myself XD I'm trying to get my friend to bring us up there, but he has work, and knowing him he'll prolly say no...but if we do go it'll be awesome.

As for signing up, I don't really think signing up is necessary in advance, I think you just show up?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I dunno who is screwed more, Canadians or the southeast. They couldn't put one in Atlanta or something...?

Guess it just depends on where you live, the midwest and northwest got pretty screwed too.

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=14627

This article linked to on the original page states to go to nintendo.com for more tournament info, but when I went there, it gave me this same text, pretty much. Only thing this page says rules-wise is that it's a single elimination tourney and the first 256 people there get into the tourney...so it's first come first serve

RenX

Smash Apprentice
no point in going super Earley they wont allow people to wait until 1 i called them and they have secutiry at least for the La one so have fun guys!

ThoraxeRMG

Smash Ace
Nintendo is FAIL...

Instead of strategically placing the four tournaments in each 1/4 section of the US (One In California, Washington, Florida, and New York)...they put 2 in the Northeast and 2 in California.

Nintendo is epic fail at throwing a Brawl -.-
True, but it would be better if it would 1/5.
(One In California, Washington, Florida, New York and Missouri)

mickomoo

Smash Rookie
I live in LA and as much as I'd like to go I can't. According to one of my friends lineup starts at 12:00, no earlier...

sn][p3r

Smash Cadet
Nintendo is FAIL...

Instead of strategically placing the four tournaments in each 1/4 section of the US (One In California, Washington, Florida, and New York)...they put 2 in the Northeast and 2 in California.

Nintendo is epic fail at throwing a Brawl -.-
Post is FAIL...

Just because you aren't going doesn't mean Nintendo fails. In fact, I'm pretty sure that this will generate a lot of hype and people all over the U.S. is going to attempt to get in.

Post is epic fail at attacking Brawl -.-

Top Bottom