• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo games (so possibly Smash4) shown at E3 will be playable for the general public at Best Buy.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
If it comes to the bestbuy in my area I'm going to slaughter so many kids to get to that demo. I'm just gonna run and freight train through all of them! Parents are going to hate me! I'm going to be asked to leave the store! But I'm not gonna so they're going to call the cops! And then I`ll be gunned down because I refuse to let go! It`s just going to be a bad time for everyone. But, that precious time playing the next Smash Bros is totally going to be worth it.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Smash ain't been the same since people stopped using sonic, a clean break from the smash economy. Well some of us liked that economy. How's an honest furry hater supposed to make a living?
Smash hasn't been the same since they added tripping.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-P...050002.c?id=pcmcat303600050002&DCMP=rdr107939

89 Best Buy stores in USA and 21 stores in Canada are doing this thing (what games Best Buy will have will be told June 11). You can also get some Luigi swag and Wii U offers while you're there. They'll be doing this June 12 at 4 pm to 8 pm and June 15 at 1 pm to 5 pm.

Here's the scheduled stores in the USA (the link above also tells you which stores):
Alabama
Birmingham
Huntsville

Arkansas
Fort Smith
North Little Rock

Arizona
Phoenix

California
Culver City
Elk Grove
Emeryville
San Jose
Tracy
Visalia

Colorado
Denver

Connecticut
Manchester

Delaware
Wilmington

Florida
Brandon
Fort Myers
Gainesville
Kissimmee
Miami
Pensacola

Georgia
Augusta
Duluth
Savannah
Smyrna

Iowa
Cedar Rapids
West Des Moines

Illinois
Bloomington
Schaumburg

Indiana
Greenwood

Kansas
Overland Park
Wichita

Kentucky
Florence
Lexington
Louisville

Louisiana
Harvey

Massachusetts
Cambridge
Dedham
Worcester

Maryland
Frederick
Glen Burnie
Wheaton

Michigan
Ann Arbor
Flint
Grand Rapids
Rochester Hills

Minnesota
Eden Prairie

Missouri
St. Louis

North Carolina
Cary
Fayetteville
Pineville
Winston-Salem

New Jersey
Iselin
West Paterson
Woodbury

New York
Albany
Amherst
Long Island City
Syracuse
Valley Stream
West Nyack

Ohio
Fairborn
North Olmsted
Reynoldsburg
Toledo

Oklahoma
Oklahoma City

Oregon
Portland

Pennsylvania
Erie
King of Prussia
Pittsburgh
Reading
Whitehall

South Carolina
Greenville
North Charleston

Tennessee
Brentwood
Knoxville
Memphis

Texas
Arlington
Austin
Houston
McAllen
The Woodlands
Tyler

Utah
Sandy

Virginia
Charlottesville
Glen Allen
Virginia Beach

Vermont
Williston

Washington
Lynnwood

Wisconsin
Greenfield
And lucky for me my Best Buy is doing this. HECK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
And yay for me, it's not coming to my local city. =(

Regardless, I'd almost bet money that SSB4 will not be one of the games playable. Nintendo has pretty clearly stated that they intend to have Super Mario U and Mario Kart U as playable titles, but that SSB4 will be screenshots, or "footage" at most.

Having the game's very first appearance be in playable form would be weird. It's always been in trailer form for this series. Which I'm thinking that this time around even a trailer may be lucky. I don't want to think like that, though.

Strawhat09

Smash Journeyman
I hope SSB 4 is more like melee....Brawl is just boring so boring to play... Every match seems like you're in space due to how the gravity works...If it doesnt play more like melee, I hope the game is like a mixed in version of melee and brawl....Also, I prefer the melee air dodge system, for sure. I hope SSB 4 also has fewer defensive options...Brawl has way too many.

And yay for me, it's not coming to my local city. =(

Regardless, I'd almost bet money that SSB4 will not be one of the games playable. Nintendo has pretty clearly stated that they intend to have Super Mario U and Mario Kart U as playable titles, but that SSB4 will be screenshots, or "footage" at most.

Having the game's very first appearance be in playable form would be weird. It's always been in trailer form for this series. Which I'm thinking that this time around even a trailer may be lucky. I don't want to think like that, though.

Why do people keep saying this? Is everyone here so pessimistic that its hard to believe to get a playable version of the game, or even a trailer?

I get that they don't necessarily have to show us anything, but Nintendo need to sell their systems, and for a lot of people smash is the best way to do that. Lets not rule anything out based on the little information we have now. If Nintendo wants to bring in more potential customers having a smash 4 demo would be in their best interest.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I do agree the Wii U definitely needs a huge boost in sales and that Smash will be a super system seller but I have a small feeling that there's a chance Sakurai is not far enough into development to make a playable demo. I'm sure he'll have a trailer on time for the Nintendo Direct but I'm a little iffy on a playable demo. Would I like a Smash demo and should they have it? Hell yes but I sometimes also need to be realistic on what is possible.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Well there was no Canadian provinces listed there and I can't seem to find a similar page on the Canadian best buy site so I have no idea if it's coming my way. Oh well I'll just have to wait and see.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Okay, why did the official smash boards facebook page post this?

"Did you hear? Smash 4 will be playable at Best Buy on June 12 and June 15. Who's in?"

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
For people too lazy, here's the, as of now, list of cities that will have playable Nintendo demos

Alabama
  • Birmingham
  • Huntsville
Arkansas
  • Fort Smith
  • North Little Rock
Arizona
  • Phoenix
California
  • Culver City
  • Elk Grove
  • Emeryville
  • San Jose
  • Tracy
  • Visalia
Colorado
  • Denver
Connecticut
  • Manchester
Delaware
  • Wilmington
Florida
  • Brandon
  • Fort Myers
  • Gainesville
  • Kissimmee
  • Miami
  • Pensacola
Georgia
  • Augusta
  • Duluth
  • Savannah
  • Smyrna
Iowa
  • Cedar Rapids
  • West Des Moines
Illinois
  • Bloomington
  • Schaumburg
Indiana
  • Greenwood
Kansas
  • Overland Park
  • Wichita
Kentucky
  • Florence
  • Lexington
  • Louisville
Louisiana
  • Harvey
Massachusetts
  • Cambridge
  • Dedham
  • Worcester
Maryland
  • Frederick
  • Glen Burnie
  • Wheaton
Michigan
  • Ann Arbor
  • Flint
  • Grand Rapids
  • Rochester Hills
Minnesota
  • Eden Prairie
Missouri
  • St. Louis
North Carolina
  • Cary
  • Fayetteville
  • Pineville
  • Winston-Salem
New Jersey
  • Iselin
  • West Paterson
  • Woodbury
New York
  • Albany
  • Amherst
  • Long Island City
  • Syracuse
  • Valley Stream
  • West Nyack
Ohio
  • Fairborn
  • North Olmsted
  • Reynoldsburg
  • Toledo
Oklahoma
  • Oklahoma City
Oregon
  • Portland
Pennsylvania
  • Erie
  • King of Prussia
  • Pittsburgh
  • Reading
  • Whitehall
South Carolina
  • Greenville
  • North Charleston
Tennessee
  • Brentwood
  • Knoxville
  • Memphis
Texas
  • Arlington
  • Austin
  • Houston
  • McAllen
  • The Woodlands
  • Tyler
Utah
  • Sandy
Virginia
  • Charlottesville
  • Glen Allen
  • Virginia Beach
Vermont
  • Williston
Washington
  • Lynnwood
Wisconsin
  • Greenfield

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I just had a quick search to see if I could find a list of where it was going take place in Canada. I've only found one site with a list so far so I don't know if it's actually accurate but, here's the list I found. Apparently there's going to be 21 locations in Canada and there's only 20 in this list so I'm hopping that the last one will be in the only location in Newfoundland lol.

Ontario
North York
Toronto
Mississauga
Windsor
London
Ottawa
Kingston
Brampton
Oakville
Quebec
Montreal
Lasalle
Manitoba
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan
Saskatoon
Alberta
Edmonton
Calgary (2 locations)
British Columbia
Vancouver
Langley
Richmond

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Okay, why did the official smash boards facebook page post this?

"Did you hear? Smash 4 will be playable at Best Buy on June 12 and June 15. Who's in?"

What? We won't know what games will be popping up at Best Buy until June 11 (after Nintendo's Nintendo Direct)

Jumping the gun, they are (sorry, recently watched a cartoon with Yoda, I did)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Why do people keep saying this? Is everyone here so pessimistic that its hard to believe to get a playable version of the game, or even a trailer?
There's absolutely nothing "pessimistic" about believing it's extremely unlikely we'll have it in playable form. That's what we call realism (and this actually is realism).

You all are just going to end up disappointed.

There's absolutely nothing "pessimistic" about believing it's extremely unlikely we'll have it in playable form. That's what we call realism (and this actually is realism).

You all are just going to end up disappointed.

I get that its realism, however, I for one will not be disappointed. Regardless if there is a demo or not we are still going to be able to see the game and receive information bout the game to speculate in the foreseeable future. On top of that most individuals will be happy simply being able to preview most of the games; now I honestly can't see how im setting myself up to be disappointed. I'm just being optimistic.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I'll still go to my local BestBuy regardless. FOR PIKMIN! :D

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I live fairly close to Greenwood, so if SSB4 is indeed playable I will definitely go and play it. Don't really care about any of the other games enough to make a trip if it isn't playable though.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
I live fairly close to Greenwood, so if SSB4 is indeed playable I will definitely go and play it. Don't really care about any of the other games enough to make a trip if it isn't playable though.

I'll be there too! I live in Greenwood. :D I used to work at Best Buy mobile in the mall.

pasta1236

Smash Rookie
where/when will the games that will be playable at best buy be announced?

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS, my local Best Buy gets representation. I know where I'm gonna want to be Wednesday (regardless of whether SM4SH is there or not).

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
I'm here right now at Greenwood best buy in Indiana. Even though smash isn't here, Zelda and Mario kart look awesome (:

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Yeah, I got to play 3d world. It was quite fun, definitely something I'll look into. But even though I picked Toad, it still felt very slow. :( But that's the effect of casuals for you

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
All the employees took the Luigi hats and I've heard a Best Buy in Atlanta which was listed, had nothing at the end.

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
Oh, whoops. Skimmed through the posts a little too fast and misunderstood that the cities listed actually meant cities that would hold demos for other games. Thanks for the heads up.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Super Mario 3D World is a lot of fun,the cat suit is not as bad as I expected.

Top Bottom