• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo games (so possibly Smash4) shown at E3 will be playable for the general public at Best Buy.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I hope SSB4 will be playable, I remember the Gamescon demo of Brawl in '07 helped hype it up so much more, and sated the hunger for new gameplay quite well, while also rising a bunch of questions like "Why didn't Meta Knight's final smash work when that one guy got it?" and stuff like that. I doubt it, since it hasn't been worked on for that long quite yet, but still, could be great, even if I live in Europe and we won't be able to try it, there'd at least be videos.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
If so, I'm gonna go nuts

(Be nice because I just lost an Awesomenauts game but a hair)

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Damn I was just about to make a thread about this after watching the latest nintendo direct.

I gotta get somewhere with a Best Buy quick!

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I will set up camp if I have to, even if it's a 10 minute drive. So hyped.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
And we here in Europe are f***** once again. Meh :3
I know dat feeling, but I've gotten used to E3's things being mostly American-only. And doesn't also mean that when EU gets it's conferences, we don't get anything from E3 in there.

I hope I get to access DigiExpo on Finland this year, hum.

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
it was already confirmed in january's direct that smash is not one of the playable titles at e3 (unlike mk and mario 3d).

not saying that guarantees those two a spot at best buy either though since reggie specifically said "some" titles only

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
One can always hope that that'll happen, but last year, we only really got downloadable videos, instead of actual demos.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Don't get your hopes up. They're only showing screens.

•Col•

Smash Champion
This. No way Smash is in a playable form yet.
Seriously? How are people still thinking like this?

They've most likely had the groundwork for the game done for a while now. They started working on Smash 4 in February 2012 (at the latest). For a demo, all you'd actually need is a playable stage, which doesn't even have to be that complex(hell make it Final Destination with a static black background like Melee), the 4 basic characters(Mario/Link/Pikachu/Kirby) which are just being ported over from Brawl(since it's only a demo, you don't even update their movesets fully yet for the final version), and knowing Sakurai a handful of working items.

I'm not saying they're definitely going to release a demo of it or whatever, or even that Smash is actually in a playable form right now. All I'm saying is that it's definitely possible, and not entirely unlikely that it is. And looking at it from a business perspective... Just think of how many Wii U units a dinky little barebones Smash 4 demo would sell if they were to release one at a time like this.

That all being said, I don't believe there will be a Smash demo for E3. All I'm saying is that people talking in absolutes like 'Smash 4 is not playable at all right now' is just as dumb as saying 'Nintendo is DEFINITELY going to release a Smash 4 demo for E3'. They had a working prototype of the game in June of last year, so I'd be surprised if they didn't at least have the basic mechanics of the game finished already.

bobadz

Smash Ace

They've most likely had the groundwork for the game done for a while now. They started working on Smash 4 in February 2012 (at the latest). For a demo, all you'd actually need is a playable stage, which doesn't even have to be that complex(hell make it Final Destination with a static black background like Melee), the 4 basic characters(Mario/Link/Pikachu/Kirby) which are just being ported over from Brawl(since it's only a demo, you don't even update their movesets fully yet for the final version), and knowing Sakurai a handful of working items.

I'm not saying they're definitely going to release a demo of it or whatever, or even that Smash is actually in a playable form right now. All I'm saying is that it's definitely possible, and not entirely unlikely that it is. And looking at it from a business perspective... Just think of how many Wii U units a dinky little barebones Smash 4 demo would sell if they were to release one at a time like this.

That all being said, I don't believe there will be a Smash demo for E3. All I'm saying is that people talking in absolutes like 'Smash 4 is not playable at all right now' is just as dumb as saying 'Nintendo is DEFINITELY going to release a Smash 4 demo for E3'. They had a working prototype of the game in June of last year, so I'd be surprised if they didn't at least have the basic mechanics of the game finished already.
It's not like E3 2006 where the trailer was all they had completed at that point.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW

Lost me at dinky little barebones, great post though.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Yeah, I mean, it's not totally out of the question. Like the poster above said, Smash 4 has been in development for almost a year and a half. They could definitely have a playable demo if they wanted.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Not sure how people doubt this as the game has been in development for 16 months.

D

Deleted member

If there's a Smash 4 demo at my Best Buy and Mega Man is confirmed for Smash, I know exactly what I'm doing at my next Best Buy visits.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I really want Nintendo to upload them demos to the eShop. I want to enjoy these games in my own home without people looking over or being told I got 5 minutes to play...

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
All we'll see of Smash 4 this year is screen shots of Mario, Link, Pikachu and Kirby on a stage already present in all 3 past games.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
I can see it now, before you find a match in the online waiting room...
A bright blue sandbag flops down in the form of sonic, you strike it and it spews complaints in sonic's voice too... IT MUST BE HIM!
Then after much abuse it starts to bleed out and you suddenly don't wan't to find a match at all, everything you ever wanted is right there already.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Smash ain't been the same since people stopped using sonic, a clean break from the smash economy. Well some of us liked that economy. How's an honest furry hater supposed to make a living?

Top Bottom