• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo @ E3 - News, Resources, and other Information - MegaMan, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
GO VILLAGER!

GO MEGA MAN!

Also, I like the Art style for the Wii U version as well.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
So what I gathered from the trailer and the website:
-You can angle Whirling Kong, it travels fasters horizontally, and ends quicker
-Kirby's stone has very little start-up (at least on the ground)
-Many moves are more or less the same from Brawl (take with grain of salt)
-DK has the cargo throw
-Bowser (probably) has a new f-smash: drop kick
-Bowser's side-b is still Brawl's body slam
-There are two types of spot-dodges
-Pit has a new side-b
-Super Mario Galaxy Stage (or 3D Land), Spirit Tracks stage, Awakening Stage (Arena Ferox), Animal Crossing Stage, Battlefield (duh), Gerudo Valley Stage, Skyloft Stage, Nintendogs stage, Wily's Castle Stage, New Super Mario Bros Stage, Donkey Kong Country (Returns?) Stage, and there is probably a Kid Icarus Stage
-Samus' f-smash has a blast at the end
-Missile got a redesign (yay!)
-Pit can glide from running/standing position
-yo final smashes
-Powershielding (I think there's a SFX when you land it)
-Villager is shown chopping down a tree. Its unknown if this is a move or just interacting with the environment
-Megaman robot master shenanigans
-Megaman can shoot lemons while running, but the bullets themselves do not cause hitstun
-Coin mode!
-Megaman does his classic death animation when knocked out (maybe)
-Some moves have flash trails at the end of them
-Fox has a fast (or at least notable) running speed

I left out some obvious things on purpose.

Cool Daddy Booty Funk

Smash Cadet
Am I the only one that feels slightly screwed over the announcement of Villager? I don't mind the inclusion if them as a character, but there are seriously dozens of other Nintendo characters I would have rather seen.

MegaMan is pretty cool though.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Am I the only one that feels slightly screwed over the announcement of Villager? I don't mind the inclusion if them as a character, but there are seriously dozens of other Nintendo characters I would have rather seen.

MegaMan is pretty cool though.
I'm miffed that they didn't show anyone else, but nobody can deny that AC deserves a rep.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
God, they captured Mega Man perfectly. The original Mega Man too. Not X. The one I wanted.

The beam in entrance. The big head. The big eyes (I love that they are glowing screens). The near expressionless face (he actually looks like a robot). The stubby body. His dog, Rush. The sound effects. The effing exploding death sound effect! The music. Dr. Willy's Castle. The robot masters' moves. Projectile heavy play style. Even the Mega Buster looks straight out of the 8-bit Mega Man, with the subtle black outline.

HE'S PERFECT!

Also, the sparking and scratches. I did see Mario loose his hat once too. Visible battle damage confirmed?

These are the moves I observed in the trailer, with likely inputs:

Mega Man Moves:

B Moves
Neutral B: Mega Buster
Hold B: Charge Buster
Up B: Rush Bounce
Forward B: Metal Blade (CAN YOU THROW IT DIRECTIONALLY LIKE IN MEGA MAN 2?!!!)
Alt (Smash?) Forward B: Crash Bomber
Down B: Leaf Shield

Aerials
A Air: Slash Claw
Forward A Air: Flame Sword
Down A Air: Hard Knuckle

Up A: Uppercut
Smash Up A: Dark Shock
Smash Forward A: Slide Kick
Grab: Super Arm

Final Smash: Flame Blast

Taunt or Idle animation: Buster c*ck. C*ck is not profanity in this case, dammit.

His page: http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/mega_man.html

Cool Daddy Booty Funk

Smash Cadet
I'm miffed that they didn't show anyone else, but nobody can deny that AC deserves a rep.
Yeah, I was hoping for 4 total newcomers announced, and I would have been pumped if Villager was one of them. Now I just feel like a kid on Christmas who's only gift was underwear. And megaman.

geno

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I would have preferred Nook over villager, but Animal Crossing needed a rep, so I'm happy.
Also, everyone's thinking it, I'm just saying it. What on earth is a sapling dash attack? Were they just like:
A) "how about an axe swing for a dash attack?"
B) "nah, too violent"
A) "hitting them with a bag of bells?"
B) "nope."
A) "well then, what about a sapling?"
B) "you mean like... Run... Pull out a sapling and smash it in your opponent's face? I guess that's true to the spirit of the game."

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
They said there'd be less new characters(or at least the roster wouldn't grow as much as usual) so I guess they're trying to space out the reveals. If they have something along the lines of the dojo again it'd be a good idea to space out the characters more anyway since we had some really long character droughts with the dojo. But yeah more more character have been nice. I really like both the characters we did get though so I'm happy.

JuanTendo

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssb-juantendo
3DS FC
2750-1216-1018
Switch FC
SW 3345 4602 0138
Loved it... it seems the the weight of characters is somewhere between melee and brawl. newcomers rock and we know there are still more to come, one thing though is the namco bandai character, is strange he/she didnt show up. no trippin im pretty sure (that mario picture is a hit motion, you can see it in other pictures while mario is in the air). awesome graphics for both versions. now just need mewtwo back and a second quarter 2014 release date (first quarter seems to be out of question with that vague "2014") and now let the holy days of smashbros.com daily updates begin... and cross your fingers for wavedashing and L cancel...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
They said there'd be less new characters(or at least the roster wouldn't grow as much as usual) so I guess they're trying to space out the reveals.

I just hope they don't announce all the non-clone newcomers right at the start, then announce nothing but returning vets. Although it did give us some fun with the 'Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now' bit on Lucas' reveal.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Samus's final smash seems to be a bit more phazon-looking than last time, but otherwise she looks the same. It seems her power has increased too.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The female Wii Fit trainer was confirmed. :joyful:

It's such a troll move that I can't help but laugh.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
Sakurai: "Every lunch break, I always find myself playing the new game" *laughs*

I hate you so much....

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
The female Wii Fit trainer was confirmed. :joyful:

It's such a troll move that I can't help but laugh.

he always has "those" characters. i like it though, he's constantly showing people that there is innovative character design in the universe, design that is completely independent from what the fans want/expect.

and i do believe she's the first smash fighter from the wii generation. so that's worth something.

HostileKangaroo

Smash Rookie
Pokemon Developer Roundtable currently being livetweeted by Pokemon of America official twitter, I'm watching in case any news about Pokemon in Smash comes up.

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
You know Mega Man fans all over the world are just pissing their pants right now. This looks really legit. Way too excited for this!

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Wii fit trainer is essentially the G&W or ROB of the wii generation, so it kinda makes sense.
I guess
In Sakurai's world.

Jonn

Smash Apprentice
Despite what some say, I think Wii Fit Trainer is really good. Her moves are awesome, sort of like a drunken fighter. I like that volleyball spike attack in the video with Sakurai.
It's a bit unfortunate that her up-b (hoolahoop) looks similar to Zelda's up-b, though. I never liked that move.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
These are the moves I observed in the trailer, with likely inputs:​
Mega Man Moves:​
B Moves​
Neutral B: Mega Buster​
Hold B: Charge Buster​
Up B: Rush Bounce​
Forward B: Metal Blade (CAN YOU THROW IT DIRECTIONALLY LIKE IN MEGA MAN 2?!!!)​
Alt (Smash?) Forward B: Crash Bomber​
Down B: Leaf Shield​
Aerials​
A Air: Slash Claw​
Forward A Air: Flame Sword​
Down A Air: Hard Knuckle​
Up A: Uppercut​
Smash Up A: Dark Shock​
Smash Forward A: Slide Kick​
Grab: Super Arm​
Final Smash: Flame Blast​
Taunt or Idle animation: Buster c*ck. C*ck is not profanity in this case, dammit.​
Actually, according to the live commentary description, the Charge Buster is a smash attack. The actual moves are:
Jab - Buster (Can shoot 1 to 3 shot bursts. Disappears after traveling about 4x the length of MM's body. Can move while shooting.)
Ftilt - Never shown
Utilt - Mega Upper
Dtilt - Slide Kick
Dash Attack - Top Spin (Luigi turns in disappointment/jealousy that one of his moves got copy pasta'd onto someone else)

Fsmash - Mega Buster (Projectile disappears after traveling 4x the length of MMM's body)
Dsmash - Flame Blast (Lasts longer if charged, multi-hit, low knockback)
Usmash - Spark Shock (Sakurai was trying really hard to land this attack but never could)
Final Smash - never shown

Nair - Buster (Only shown to shoot 3 shot bursts)
Fair - Flame Sword (Single-hit)
Bair - Slash Claw (Multi-hit)
Dair - Hard Knuckle (Megaman shoots a projectile downwards that meteors)
Uair - Tornado Blow (Megaman spins and fires a tornado upwards)

B - Metal Blade (You can throw this in 8 directions, if it hits the floor, anyone can pick it up)
side-B - Crash Bomber (Like brawl's gooey bomb)
up-B - Rush Coil (Copy of Sonic's spring, no special fall)
down-B - Leaf Shield (Not sure if attacking causes you to throw it or if it stays until down-B is inputted again. Leaves are multi-hit but not guaranteed to be multi-hit. Lol brawl style attacks not linking into self properly.)

Ledge attack is a typical kick, and his get up attack is extremely similar to Mario's sweep.

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqxDPJmO6f8 and Developer Direct.

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
I watched SSBB reveal video at e3 2006 to get excited. Damn, that video made me go crazy in 2006. I feel this Smash Bros reveal like... mmm... not so EPIC. I'm not sure if the music or the graphics similarity. I think its because they only revealed 3 newcomers this time. Maybe I'ts a way to create more hype in the future. With new videos of newcomers at the official page and youtube channel. This way, SSB must be in social networks a lot of time. On character at a time.

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
I only like what I see so far because it's a demo and it's not a final release. Some hitboxes/damage seem iffy and the pace of some of the moves seems brawl speed, but there is nothing saying that it's not going to get faster as everything gets refined.

Character reveal wise, I completely understand their choice. These are 3 characters that will get people talking (The fan favorite 3rd party, the "is this even a character?", and the loveable cartoon character). If they released 2 different characters like a fire emblem character, geno, or Lloyd Irving (I can hope!), sure people would be happy, but nobody would really tell other people about it unless they were one of the people hoping for the character. In this case, I want to tell everyone who has played a smash game about the new additions. My only complaint is that we have one less character than last year, but I can imagine more characters being leaked from sakurai soon.

My final point is about the feel of the whole thing. Brawl's trailer was more "epic" than this one, but I do not believe the entire feel of it was SUPPOSED to feel epic. The entire game has more saturated, skyward sword style graphics, and the music was good too. The megaman trailer sent shivers down my spine (probably because a friend sent me the reveal video as an unmarked video as to not spoil anything), and the remixes of classic megaman tracks were great. The trailers (except for fittrainer) all have an appropriately serious/triumphant feel to them, and this seemed to be the best way to introduce the game. We can't just have another opera fest with orchestrated zelda music again and again, can we?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Its all looking good so far. Its good to see the likes of the Villager, Wii Fit Trainer as well as Megaman in there.

Are there going to be any more announcements at E3 or will they save it for future events?

They said there'd be less new characters(or at least the roster wouldn't grow as much as usual) so I guess they're trying to space out the reveals. If they have something along the lines of the dojo again it'd be a good idea to space out the characters more anyway since we had some really long character droughts with the dojo. But yeah more more character have been nice. I really like both the characters we did get though so I'm happy.

Where did you hear that?

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Looks legit so far. I'm eyeing Villager, Link, or Mario for possible candidates for my main.

Does anyone have any news on Megaman's and Villager's final smash? I've already seen Wii Fit Trainer's.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Actually, according to the live commentary description, the Charge Buster is a smash attack. The actual moves are:
Jab - Buster (Can shoot 1 to 3 shot bursts. Disappears after traveling about 4x the length of MM's body. Can move while shooting.)
Ftilt - Never shown
Utilt - Mega Upper
Dtilt - Slide Kick
Dash Attack - Top Spin (Luigi turns in disappointment/jealousy that one of his moves got copy pasta'd onto someone else)

Fsmash - Mega Buster (Projectile disappears after traveling 4x the length of MMM's body)
Dsmash - Flame Blast (Lasts longer if charged, multi-hit, low knockback)
Usmash - Spark Shock (Sakurai was trying really hard to land this attack but never could)
Final Smash - never shown

Nair - Buster (Only shown to shoot 3 shot bursts)
Fair - Flame Sword (Single-hit)
Bair - Slash Claw (Multi-hit)
Dair - Hard Knuckle (Megaman shoots a projectile downwards that meteors)
Uair - Tornado Blow (Megaman spins and fires a tornado upwards)

B - Metal Blade (You can throw this in 8 directions, if it hits the floor, anyone can pick it up)
side-B - Crash Bomber (Like brawl's gooey bomb)
up-B - Rush Coil (Copy of Sonic's spring, no special fall)
down-B - Leaf Shield (Not sure if attacking causes you to throw it or if it stays until down-B is inputted again. Leaves are multi-hit but not guaranteed to be multi-hit. Lol brawl style attacks not linking into self properly.)

Ledge attack is a typical kick, and his get up attack is extremely similar to Mario's sweep.

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqxDPJmO6f8 and Developer Direct.
Pretty much my observations as well.

Though I would add, his Ftilt would be his buster shot once more, as the he mentioned in the Developer Direct that he can also shoot while walking.

[Legend]

Smash Cadet
Are we really already discussing possible mains lol

As unexpected as it was I dig the addition of the Wii Trainer, for some reason even thought I'd had never thought of her as a character it doesn't really seem out of place lol

Top Bottom